Love is Literally in the Air

YG Starship Intergalactic Tour

Seungri was sitting at the metal table below the small cabin window in Taeyang and Daesung’s room, staring dreamily at the starry space that passed by as he thought about CL. Taeyang, sitting across from him, was in the middle of creating a sort of soju sculpture in the center of that metal table, with each empty bottle precariously stacked atop each other. He worked intently now, focusing all of his efforts as he carefully placed the last bottle atop the balancing sculpture, his hand shaking afterward as he slowly pulled away, smiling at his masterpiece.

“I did it,” Taeyang quietly said, as he slowly leaned back in his seat, trying not to move the table. “Seungri, check it out.”

Seungri glanced down at the bottles all stacked atop each other and shrugged.

Taeyang, a bit mad that Seungri was not impressed, looked over to Daesung and Minzy, both of whom were sitting on Daesung’s bed, playing cards. “Yo, check this out,” Taeyang said, gesturing again toward the soju sculpture.

Daesung and Minzy looked over to see the teetering stack of bottles. “Guess something good came out of all that drinking,” Daesung joked.

Before Taeyang could answer, the intercom suddenly beeped twice and then announced a call for any star passengers expecting a package to report to the docking bay. Seungri, realizing that his love potion must have arrived, excitedly jumped out of his seat, which resulted in him accidentally knocking into the table and subsequently sending all of Taeyang’s carefully positioned soju bottles flying in all directions until each landed with a smash on the hard metal floor, the glass shattering everywhere.

“!” Seungri yelled. “Sorry!”

Taeyang angrily stood up. “Well, don’t just stand there! Go find a cleanbot or something!”

Seungri bit his lip. “Erm, sorry, but… erm… love waits for no man!” And with that, he fled the room, running as fast as he could to the elevator pod, his heart racing in anticipation over his expected package.

“Love waits for no man?” Taeyang asked. “What the hell does that mean?” He shook his head, his attention quickly returning to all of the broken glass now surrounding him. “Guess I’ll have to find a cleanbot myself...” His voice trailed off as he sulkily stomped past Daesung and Minzy and out of the room in search of someone to clean up the mess Seungri had made.

 


 

Just below, on the second floor, T.O.P. was sitting beside G-Dragon in the game room bar, trying to talk some sense into him. G-Dragon had been drinking for three days straight, ever since Dara’s date with Donghae. He had missed his exercise sessions with Master Hwang, his scheduled dance practice and studio time with Big Bang, and even missed Papa YG’s info conference with everyone in the bridge regarding their next stop on the planet Zearth for a joint YG and SM concert.

“You can’t go on like this,” T.O.P. said. “Didn’t you learn your lesson from Hurricane Kiko?” He was referring to the stormy relationship G-Dragon had with Kiko prior to becoming involved with Dara, which also resulted in G-Dragon drinking himself silly.

“Hurricane Kiko?” G-Dragon asked. “That’s what you guys named it?”

T.O.P. quietly chuckled. “Well, it was between that and Kikopocalypse.”

G-Dragon looked down at his pint of beer, mindlessly studying the amber color, and then glanced up at T.O.P. with his red-brimmed glassy eyes. “So, what are you going to name this one? The Great Dara-saster?”

T.O.P. was surprised by G-Dragon’s quick wit. “That’s not bad,” he joked. “But nope, this one’s not getting a name because we’re not giving up on you two. You and Dara belong together. She’ll come around. You’ll see. You just need to treat her better.”

“Freaking Donghae…” G-Dragon mumbled. “And I heard Luhan also has a thing for her.”

“Little Lulu?” T.O.P. asked. “Isn’t he a bit young for her?”

“Guess he likes his noonas,” G-Dragon said.

Just then, both boys turned around on their barstools and glanced back at the door, having heard Dara and Bom’s voices echoing inside the corridor.

“Now’s your chance,” T.O.P. said. “You can’t keep avoiding her. Go talk with her.” He pulled G-Dragon off the barstool just as Dara and Bom walked in. They had been planning on cutting past the pool tables and bar in the game room to watch a movie in the theater room, but both stopped at the entrance when they saw the boys.

Dara, having not seen G-Dragon at all these past three days, was surprised by the sight of him. His eyes were red, his face pale, and he was practically staggering, his drunken legs wobbling beneath him.

T.O.P. immediately took charge of the situation. Glancing between G-Dragon and Dara, he said, “Whether or not either of you want to talk, you have to. As the Dalai Lama once said, love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”

Everyone looked at T.O.P. curiously.

“A bit dramatic, don’t you think?” Dara asked. “It’s not like humanity is going to end because me and Jiyong don’t make up.”

“You never know,” Bom said, shrugging. “Have you ever seen The Butterfly Effect?”

“What’s that?” Dara asked.

“A movie! It’s about, like, how every choice someone makes, even little tiny teenie-weenie choices, can lead to, like, all these big things down the line, like different fates.”

Dara rolled her eyes. “You’re so superstitious, Bom.”

Hoping to steer the conversation back on track, T.O.P. hooked his arm around Bom’s and suggested that they leave so that G-Dragon and Dara can talk.

Bom tried not to blush at T.O.P. holding her arm in such a gentlemanly way. Turning her attention to Dara, she asked, “You okay with that?”

Dara shrugged. “I guess.”

And so T.O.P. and Bom headed toward the theater room, leaving G-Dragon and Dara alone at the bar.

 


 

One level down from them, on the first floor, Seungri, still quite excited, had just quickly put on a space helmet and entered the docking bay. The moment he stepped inside, he saw that CL was in there, examining the two packages that had arrived. One was a small box about the size of a book; the other was incredibly large and somewhat coffin-shaped.

Seungri became suddenly paranoid that CL knew about the love potion. “Erm… Chaerinni! Yah, what are you doing here?”

“Just picking up my delivery,” she said, as she grabbed the small box.

Seungri rushed over to her. “Wait! That one’s not yours!” But when he reached her and checked the label on the box, he saw that it was indeed addressed to her. Confused, he looked down at the only other box left on the floor—the one big enough to hold a refrigerator. “But, but… that one can’t be mine…” His voice trailed off as he walked to the box, his face still scrunched in confusion. But sure enough, the box was addressed from Drachapunch Industries to Lee Seunghyun. He realized then that he must’ve made a mistake when trying to figure out the alien measurement conversion, resulting in him getting way, way more potion than he needed.

“What did you order?” CL asked.

Seungri suddenly hunched over the label, trying to block her view. “Erm, nothing… nothing.”

CL crept up behind him, trying to sneak a peek.

Seungri pushed her back. “Go away, woman!”

“Fine, whatever,” she said, as she carried her package out of the bay.

Seungri waited until she left and then tried to pick up the awkwardly-shaped box, at first lifting it vertically until he heard what sounded like glass clinking inside. He cursed under his breath and then lifted the lower end so that the long box now sat horizontally on his arms, propped against his chest. He had some trouble getting through the door because the ends hung out on each side of him, but he managed to turn and get through the door sideways. That’s when he noticed CL out in the corridor, apparently waiting for him.

“What are you still doing here?” Seungri asked.

CL bit her lip, smiling, but didn’t answer.

Seungri looked at her skeptically, but the box was weighing heavily in his arms and he realized then that without the use of his hands, he had no way of getting his space helmet off, so he asked CL for help.

CL, still smiling, pulled Seungri’s helmet off for him and hung it up on the rack next to hers. But then, as per her plan, she launched into her attack, suddenly reaching over to the box in his arms and trying to break open the flaps.

“Yah! Yah! Stop!” Seungri called out, but with both hands wrapped underneath the box, he had no way of fighting her off.

“I’m too curious!” CL yelled, laughing as they struggled with the box. “Did you order a robot girlfriend or something?” She managed then to get one of the flaps open and caught a glimpse of what looked like hundreds of vials of some pink liquid inside.

Seungri hastily decided to let one hand go so that he could push CL away, but without that hand there balancing the one end, the box slid to a vertical smash on the metal corridor floor, the vials all shattering upon impact and letting loose a dense pink fog that quickly filled the corridor.

That amount of potion was never meant to be ingested at once. The effect was immediate… and primal. Both overcome with insatiable desire, they nearly smashed their heads together as they fought for each other’s mouths in a kiss so forceful that they almost choked on each other’s tongues. Their hands traveled rampantly. Seungri grabbed the collar of CL’s t-shirt with both hands and pulled at it until the entire shirt was ripped open, exposing the black lace bra that cupped her s. He practically dived face-first toward her cleavage and then peeled back the lace of her bra with his teeth. At that moment, CL jumped atop him, clenching her thighs around his waist, but the force of her jump knocked Seungri back. The two hurdled toward the floor, where their lust fully consumed them.

Meanwhile, the pink fog spread throughout the air, traveling through the ducts to reach the other floors. Although it had dissipated somewhat because it was so widely spread, it was still potent enough to cause a reaction…

 


 

The second floor bar was situated immediately atop the docking bay and was the first hit by the fumes. G-Dragon and Dara had been in there for ten minutes by now, talking for the first time since their breakup.

“I don’t even know if you can call it a breakup,” Dara said. “I mean, were we even together? You sure didn’t treat me like your girlfriend. Like, any chance you got to hit on another girl, you took it, and you didn’t even care if I was right there.”

“I know,” G-Dragon said. “I have no excuse. I was an .”

“That’s it?” Dara asked. “That’s all you have to say about that?”

G-Dragon pushed away his beer and sighed. He kept his eyes down, unable to muster the courage to look up at her. “I just… I thought you’d always be there. It’s like, I don’t know… like that saying about how you never know what you got until it’s gone.” He tried to look up at her now. “There’s a reason that’s a saying, you know. It’s because it’s happened to enough people for it to be, like, a thing. Know what I mean?”

“Not really,” Dara said, a bit impatient.

“Just, my point is that I’m not the only one stupid enough to not realize what I had. Like, the fact that a saying exists about exactly that means that most people are stupid and make mistakes, always thinking that there’s something better, like the grass is always greener somewhere else…”

“Oh my god, stop with the clichés,” Dara said. But as soon as those words left , a strange scent wafted around her, which she then inhaled. “Oh…” she dreamily moaned, as she slowly closed her eyes. “Second thought, tell me some more clichés. I just… I want to hear your voice.”

G-Dragon, his hormones soon kicking in from also inhaling the potion-tinged air, reached out to hold her hand. “All’s fair in love and war,” he whispered, his hand now squeezing hers.

“Ai, yes,” Dara said, her hand traveling up G-Dragon’s arm. “I guess so…”

“All you need is love,” he said, his eyes now closed, too, as his face inched closer to hers.

“Yes, yes,” Dara said. “I do…”

“When love is not madness, it is not love,” he said, his lips now brushing against hers.

“Oh my god, yes,” Dara said. “Total madness…” She pushed against his lips, parting them with her tongue, the two now holding each other and kissing more passionately than they ever had before.

 


 

T.O.P. and Bom were sitting on one of the couches in the theater room in somewhat of an awkward silence. Neither knew what to say to each other. T.O.P. wanted to use the opportunity to tell her about his feelings, but he couldn’t find the courage. Bom, likewise, wanted to tell him that she had recently read some fanfiction that portrayed him differently than she could have ever imagined, and how since then, she’d been wondering if there was, by some chance, a secret romantic side to him. But like T.O.P., she didn’t have the courage either. That is, until the pink fumes poured out through the air vents, dispersing throughout the room.

“I feel kinda funny all of a sudden,” Bom quietly said, rubbing her eyes. “Like, sleepy sort of.” She scooted closer to T.O.P. on the couch. “Can I rest my head on your shoulder?”

Before T.O.P. could answer, Bom had already snuggled up close to him. He brushed her hair back from her face and breathed in deeply, surprised by how he suddenly felt not only that he could, but that he must tell her about his feelings. “Bommie, I…”

Bom lifted her head from his shoulder, looking up at him now, their faces only a few inches apart.

“I… I think I feel something… for you,” T.O.P. stammered.

“I feel something, too,” Bom said. Indeed, there was a sense of lust suddenly swelling within her and she wanted so badly to… “I need to kiss your eyebrow,” she suddenly said. “I don’t know why. I just… oh my god, I like… I just have to kiss it.”

“My eyebrow?” T.O.P. asked.

“Not just one,” Bom said. “Both of them. I love your eyebrows. They’re, like… so sharp. I just need to. Can I?”

T.O.P. bit his lip to hide his smile. “You can kiss me anywhere you want,” he said.

 


 

Daesung and Minzy, both of whom were still playing cards on Daesung’s bed, had been talking about her relationship with Kai.

“So, what’s going on with you two anyway?” Daesung asked.

Minzy shrugged. “Just friends, I guess,” she said. “I don’t know.”

“Are you hoping for something more?” he asked.

Minzy shrugged again. “Maybe. What about you? I never hear you talk about any girls.”

Daesung blushed. “I don’t know. There’s a couple of girls I like.”

“Really?” Minzy asked, excited to hear about his crushes. But at that moment, she caught sight of something strange. “Oppa, what’s that over there?” she asked, pointing to the air vent.

Daesung turned around and saw the pink fumes emanating from the duct. “I don’t know,” he quietly said, looking curiously at the vent.

“Do you think it’s safe?” Minzy asked. “Some pink stuff leaking into your room like that?”

Daesung quickly brought his hand to his nose. “Oh my god, maybe it’s some kind of alien,” he said, scared now. “Like, you breathe it in and then it takes over your body like… like… pod people!”

Minzy jumped off the bed now and reached into her back pocket for her bandana, quickly tying it as tight as she could around her nose and mouth.

“Do you have another one of those?” Daesung asked.

Minzy shook her head. “Use your socks!”

“My socks?”

“Anything! Whatever! Just hurry!”

Daesung, thinking quickly, yanked the lace out of his sneaker and then took off his sock, using the lace to fasten the sock to his face. “Yah, this sock smells! Like… really bad! Like... feet!”

Minzy rolled her eyes and grabbed his arm. “Let’s get out of here,” she said.

The two ducked out into the corridor and noticed a certain pink haze out there, too.

“Oh my god,” Minzy said, her voice muffled by the bandana. “It’s everywhere!”

“Oh my god,” Daesung said, his voice muffled by the sock. “All I smell are feet!”

“Just try not to breathe,” she said, as she pulled him down the corridor. “And hurry! We need to find the others.”

They ran to the elevator pod, deciding to head down just one floor to see if anyone was in the game or theater rooms. All the while, they tried to breathe only when they had to.

“Helloo!?” Daesung yelled, when they reached the second floor corridor. “Anyone down here?”

They ran into the game room, immediately skidding to a stop when they saw G-Dragon and Dara making out and groping each other at the bar.

“Erm…” Daesung and Minzy didn’t know what to do.

“You two… okay?” Minzy asked.

G-Dragon and Dara continued frantically kissing each other, as if not even hearing Minzy.

“What’s with you two?” Daesung asked. “Did you breathe in the pink stuff? Are you aliens now?”

Still, they got no answer. At that moment, though, they heard Bom’s voice coming from the theater room. They ran there and once again skidded to a stop, confused by what they were seeing.

T.O.P. and Bom were apparently in the middle of some strange sort of that involved yelling out body parts they wanted to kiss.

“Your ears!” Bom said, as she began on T.O.P.’s earlobes.

“Your cheeks!” T.O.P. said, as he began crazily kissing her face.

“Your… your chest!” Bom yelled, as she began lifting his shirt.

“Yah!” Daesung suddenly yelled. “What the hell is going on around here?”

 


 

It took an hour before the fumes had completely dissipated. By then, G-Dragon, Dara, T.O.P., and Bom had come to their senses, though all were still a bit dazed. They knew that they had been influenced by something but did not yet know by what, not until they ventured down to the first floor with Daesung and Minzy in search of everyone else and saw the vials of pink liquid shattered across the corridor floor.

T.O.P. reached down to examine the label on the torn box flap. “It’s something Seungri ordered,” he said.

Everyone let out a sigh of annoyance.

“Stupid maknae,” G-Dragon said, but he was just pretending to be mad. Really, he was secretly happy, thinking that this was just what he and Dara needed to bring them together again. Surely she wouldn’t go back to Donghae now, he thought.

Just then, Bom thought she heard something and walked farther down the hall to where the corridor curved. Around that turn, she saw something that would forever haunt her: a very Seungri and CL lying sprawled beside each other on the floor, completely exhausted from their marathon. Because the potion had weakened as it spread throughout the ship, the others hadn’t felt the full force of it that Seungri and CL had. Both had been utterly overpowered.

Seeing Bom, Seungri and CL tried to sit up and cover themselves with whatever clothing they could find scattered around them, the two smiling widely.

“Erm… so…” Bommie started to slowly back away.

“Bommie, don’t let them blame Seungri,” CL said, breathlessly. “I was the one who knocked over the box… sort of.”

“Erm, okay…” Bom said, as she continued walking away, eventually returning around the bend to where the others were.

“Was that Seungri and CL?” T.O.P. asked.

Before Bom could answer, G-Dragon suddenly spoke out. “Yah, where’s Taeyang?” he asked. “Anyone see him?”

“Last we heard, he was going to find a cleanbot to…” Daesung’s voice trailed off.

“Oh my god,” Minzy said. “You don’t think he… erm… with a cleanbot?”

It took them almost a half-hour to find Taeyang. He was all the way up on the eighth floor, stuck inside a supply closet. They could hear him calling for help as soon as they stepped out of the elevator pod.

“I’m in here!” Taeyang yelled, when he heard the others.

Everyone out in the corridor saw that the closet door was slightly open. They were confused, assuming that he had been locked inside.

“If this door’s open, how are you stuck?” Daesung asked, as he opened the door all the way. But then he saw exactly how Taeyang was stuck and immediately stepped inside the closet and closed the door behind him to spare Taeyang the shame of the others seeing. “What the hell, man… just… what the hell…” Daesung shook his head, unable to believe it.

The others were calling from the other side of the door. “What’s going on in there?”

“Nothing!” Daesung called out. He looked back at Taeyang, who was crouched down on the floor with one of those cleaning machines between his legs. “You got your… your wang stuck in the hose? Is that what I’m seeing?” Daesung tried not to look.

“I don’t know what came over me,” Taeyang said. “I came up here looking for a cleanbot but couldn’t find one, so I thought I’d just grab this vacuum and clean up Seungri’s mess myself… but… I don’t know what happened. I just… suddenly I was in the mood, and like, there was no one around, and like, erm, I kept looking at the control panel on this thing and all the options and… just… couldn’t resist…”

“I just can’t… I can’t even…” Daesung mumbled.

“It was on Total mode, Daesung. And it was… glorious!”