chap. 5 (end)

Will I Become A Star?

Oh~ I'm awake. Wait.. .is that Lu-ge, Kyungsoo, Dr. Zhang even Jongin? They're all here. I wonder what's wrong? Wait? Who's that? Who's crying on the background? Why are they all sniffing? What happened? Open your eyes ZiTao. Open them!!!

Ugh. I can't. I tried okay!!!!! I just . ..can't. What's happening? Why can't I open my eyes? Are they crying because of me? Because I won't open my eyes?

.. . . . ... ..

Oh no. I get it. God, you finally gave me what I want? I'm dying right? My eyes won't open because I'm dying right?

Oh~. . ...!!!!!!! WAIT!! No! No! No! NO Wait please!!! God! I know that you just gave me what I want. I know I wanted this. But.. .Kris gege~ he's crying. He's hurt! I hurt him. OH GOD!!! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! I won't change my wish. It's okay. Take me. But.. ..PLEASE.. ..just one last time. . ..PLEASE!!!! let me open my eyes. Help me open them. I want to see my gege one last time.

My dear, sweet, lonely YiFan gege~. God. ..I love him so much and I want you to take me so I won't see him hurt anymore but PLEASE!!! I'M BEGGING YOU.. .just.. .one last time. I want to kiss him goodbye and tell him how much I love him. PLEASE!!!!!

.. . .. . . . . . . . ... . .. . . . . . .. ... .. .. . . .. . . .

Wet. .. .? Tears... ..!?. .. I'm crying!!!!!!! God! Thank you!!! I can feel them!! My eyes!!! I can feel them!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH GOD. I PROMISE I'LL BE GOOD AND USE THE LIMITED TIME YOU GAVE ME WISELY. THANK YOU.

~~~

 

 

"KRIS!!! Tao's awake!!!" LuHan said. All of them immediately went to Tao. Kris hugged him so tight.

"Tao. ..Tao. ...ZiTao. .." Kris calls his name while crying. "I thought.. .. .I thought you left me.. .Don't do that again!!!! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH BABY PANDA!!"

"Kris, Let him go." Dr. Zhang ordered. Tao weakly smiles at the doctor. He knows what's up. Kris let go, he sat beside him and held his hands. He kissed it repeatedly. Preciously, full of love and care.

"Gege~ . ...I... . love you." Tao said. His tears falls continuously. "I. .. .kiss me?"

Everyone is not not surprised at the request. What they're surprised about is when Kris immediately complied. They're all expecting a kiss on the cheeks but Kris, he kissed the younger on the lips. Luhan wants to get angry but he can't. Just like Dr. Zhang, he knows what's up and he knows that it's Tao's dying wish.

 

-//-

 

It's already been a week since Tao died. Kris is not holed up on his room this time. He decided to take care of the flowers that Tao loves. He doesn't want them to die because his baby panda loves them. He doesn't want Tao to be sad.

"Kris." Luhan called out to him. "Someone's looking for you." he didn't answer. Just stared at LuHan. "You need to see him."

"I don't want to see anyone." he said then turned back to the flowers. Luhan sighs.

"It's Tao's friend from the orphanage." Kris turns to him so fast.

"I. ...I'll be out in a minute."

"Good. I'll take him to the living room."

Kris watch as LuHan made his way back to the house. When he's gone, Kris stood up and said goodbye to the flowers. He went inside the house, to his room. He washed his hands and changed his clothes. He looks at the mirror. He looks terrible, he's thin and he doesn't look healthy. Just like Tao before, he looks like he's dying too. He ignored the way he looks and walks to the living room.

He doesn't know Tao has a friend from the orphanage. He never once says anything about it. When he entered the living room, Luhan is talking to a very young man. Probably more younger that he is. When the guy saw him, he immediately stood up and greeted him.

"I'm Oh Sehun. Tao's only friend from the orphanage. Luhan gege called me a few days ago and told me Tao passed out. I'm sorry that I didn't come earlier." he said then bowed to Kris.

"It's.. .okay." Kris said awkwardly. "Please sit." they all sit.

"I came here not just for Tao. ..I came for you Kris gege." the way he talks to Kris is too informal, like he knows him for a long time already.

"What do you mean?" Kris asked.

"You see. Tao knows he's dying and he left a lot of things for you." Sehun took out a lot of papers from his backpack. "I don't know where to start." Sehun admitted.

"Let me." LuHan said then he took out a letter from his back pocket.

"It's for you, from Tao. He wrote everyone a letter. He gave it to me so I can distribute it to everyone when he's dead. I already gave Kyungsoo, Dr. Zhang, Jongin, Sehun, even the barista at Eons named Chen their letters. I cannot find the right time to give yours." he said then gave the envelope to Kris.

Kris is dazed. He stared at the letter for a while before taking it from LuHan. They're all quiet as Kris scans the letter, Tao's handwriting. He's about to cry again. His eye bags are so dark and deep. It's so obvious that he haven't been sleeping. He carefully ripped the envelope. He reads what was written on the letter quietly. The letter is not that long but it took Kris a while before he finished reading it. He's crying, silently. His tears are falling continuously. LuHan passed him the tissue and told him Tao loves him so much. So he should do whatever is written on the letter to make the younger happy.

"There's more." Sehun finally talked. Kris sniffs and held back his tears. He need to know everything so he needs to calm down first.

"Please continue." Kris said.

"Okay.. .so first! Here!" he gave Kris a lot of pamphlets. "Those are the places that he wants to go. He wants you to go on his place." Kris eyes widen. There's a lot.

"Why didn't he.. ."

"His body won't be able to take it if he travels." Sehun cuts him.

Kris looks at the pamphlets again. Japan, Korea, Philippines, Canada, Paris, London, Switzerland, Spain, Argentina, Malaysia, Russia, Sweden, Chile, Australia, Indonesia, Greeze, Italy, Scotland, Carribbean, etc . Tao wants to go to a lot of places but because he's sick, he was not able to go.

"Stop worrying about anything. Tao had it all covered." Sehun said. "When he's 17 his parents came back to the orphanage looking for him." Kris' eyes widen again.

"I. ..I don't know anything about this."

"He hid it on purpose. His parents tried to get him back. You see they became so rich and they want their baby back. But Tao refused. That year too, his parents died on an accident. All of their moneys, businesses, houses, their wealth. ALL of it was given to Tao." Kris cannot believe everything he's hearing. He didn't know anything at all. Tao didn't say anything about it at all and he wants to get angry to him now but he's gone. He cannot get angry at him no matter how much he wants to. "Tao also knows that your parents died last year. He knows that the Wu company is bankrupt and the remaining money on your bank account, you used them to buy all the machines and equipments that keeps him alive." Kris' tears falls again.

"I. ...I don't want him to know."

"But he did know. He knows everything through me. I'm the one who runs his businesses that his parents left for him you know. I'm his own personal assistant. I was adopted right after him but the couple who adopted me are abusive. I ran away after 10 years of suffering. Tao helped me then."

"You suffered a lot too." LuHan commented. Sehun hums a yes.

"I'm glad Tao helped me back then." he smiles sadly thinking about the memory. "Wipe your tears sir. There's more." Sehun said as he give Kris more tissue.

"continue. I want to know everything." Kris said while sobbing.

"So yeah. ..You HAVE to travel no matter what happen. All of your expenses is covered with Tao's wealth. Also, he left you everything. The businesses, the company, the houses all around the world. It's all yours now. He said it's his way of saying sorry for taking all of your money. He paid you 1000x of what you gave him."

"I. ..don't need the money."

"I know.. .but you HAVE to run everything. Tao wants you to."

"bu. .."

"No buts sir. Tao told me he'll come to my room every night to bother me if I don't get you to do it so PLEASE! I'M BEGGING YOU! JUST DO IT!!!"

"Sounds like Tao." LuHan chuckles.

"Fine." Kris said. He stopped crying. "Is there more?"

"There's a whole LOT MORE! that kid is too kind!" Sehun said.

"That. He is." Kris smiles as he sniffs.

"Let's see." Sehun took out a lot list. "He wants you to give Chen, the barista at the coffee shop named, Aeons the coffee shop that his parents built." Sehun took out another list then gave it to Kris. "That's the list of all their business. There's a coffee shop called Candy on Beijing. He wants Chen to have it."

"he's just going to give it to him?" LuHan asked.

"Chen became his friend. Seems like the barista gave him coffee for free a lot of times."

"I'll see the guy later to thank him." Kris said.

"Next. Kyungsoo and Jongin. Well, actually it's originally just Kyungsoo but Jongin was added a few days before he died. He wants them to have all the restaurant." Kris looks at the paper he was holding to find the restaurant's name.

"Four Seasons?" Kris said.

"Yes. That one."

"He's giving my brother a restaurant??" LuHan asked in disbelief.

"He is." Sehun answered. "You have your share too. He left you a flower shop and a branch of Givency and Gucci on Beijing too."

"What the actual !?? He's that rich?" LuHan gasps.

"Yes. He is. What he's giving you guys are not even one fourth of his wealth. His parents worked hard. They invested and built a lot of different business to make sure they won't become poor ever again." Sehun said.

"What about the orphanage?" Kris asked. "I'm sure he left something for them?"

"That. He gave them a million or two. In dollars. He hates that place just as much as I hate it." Sehun snorts. "Dr. Zhang." he changed the subject. "Tao wants the doctor to become the new director of the hospital here in QingDao."

"He owns that too?" Sehun nods."Then. ..if he's that rich and he owns a hospital.. .why didn't he go there to get better treatment?" LuHan asked frowning.

"He's stage 4.. .even if he have all the money in the world he's not gonna get better. There is no cure." Sehun explained. "Lastly.. ." he looked at Kris. ". ..All of the other things he left. He's giving it all to you Kris gege. It's all yours. Everything is done and all of it is already on your name. Do as you please. My work is done." Sehun stretched his hands up in the air and breathe a lot of air. "Oh wait!! One more thing!"

"There's more?" LuHan asked.

"Just one more. Kris gege... .he wants you to play the piano every once in a while no matter how busy you are. He said you know his favorite. Play it specially on yours and his birthday.. ...Ugh~ so tired." Kris scans all the papers that was laid out for him. Tao had it all planned out huh. It seems like he doesn't want his older brother to lock himself up on his room forever so he's keeping him busy.

"What about you?" Kris asked. "Did he left anything for you?"

"He gave me a job." Sehun smiles.

"A job? That's all?" Kris frowns.

"We both want this." Sehun shrug.

"What job?" Kris asked.

"Your P.A." he grinned. "He doesn't want you to slack off."

After their meeting, Kris asked Sehun to eat dinner with them. Truth is, That was the first time Kris is going to eat on the kitchen table ever since Tao got sick. It's new to him. All his loneliness is gone now. Tao loved him just as much as he loved him. The planned out life for him is the proof. He'll do whatever Tao wants him to do if that's what is going to make the younger happy.

After dinner, Sehun left. Luhan and Kyungsoo went home too. Kris was left alone in the house again. He entered his own room but.. ..he doesn't like it there so he went to Tao room. Tao's smell is still there. It's sweet, probably strawberries. He sat on Tao's bed and took out the letter that LuHan gave him earlier. He reads it one more time.

 

 

>>~~~<<<

Dear YiFan gege;

         If you recieve this, I'm probably dead. Don't be sad. I don't want to see you sad. Gege~ there's more to the world than just sitting beside my bed , beside a sick person. I want to see you living your life. I want to see you happy. I'm not tired fighting cancer. What I'm tired of, is seeing you in pain. It's what's really killing and paining me.

          I love you gege when in the morning your hair looks like a bird's nest. I love you on those afternoons that you're too lazy to do anything and you're lying on the couch upside down. When you're frustrated because you want to draw so bad but you just can't. I love you when you're texting me in the middle of the night just to tell me you completed 2048 again when you can't sleep on your own room. I love you while you're focusing on your drawing and you don't know that there are charcoal all over your face. I love seeing you talking to your collections like they're alive while you're cleaning them. I love seeing you crying over a music video which you tried so hard to skip but still "Magically" (as you say it) play on it's own.  

           I love you so much YiFan gege and I want to see you happy everyday. I love so much! Please don't ever forget that. Go out! Travel! Go to places I wanted to go with you! Have lots of fun and live your life to the fullest. Something I myself was not able to do.  

           Do you remember gege~? You once told me that stars are souls of dead peoples. I've always been asking myself, "Will I become a Star?". I know the answer to that now. I WILL!!!! I'll do my best to ask God to make me a star. Always look at the the star beside the moon. I am that. I will become that!!!

           I love you so much Wu YiFan ge~. You're my everything. You're my master, my owner. I AM YOURS AND WILL ALWAYS BE YOURS.

 

 

YOUR Baby Panda~

 >>~~~<<<

 

Kris stared out of the window and looked at the star beside the moon. He smiles. Tao is shining so brightly next to the moon. It's cute.

"Thank you for everything. Thank you for making my life a happy one. Thank you for brightening up even the darkest days. I love you so much too my star~. ..my Baby Panda. Let's see each other again okay?~"