chap. 3

Will I Become A Star?

"Tao~ how do you feel?" Kris asked when the younger finally opened his eyes after sleeping the whole day.

"famished. Thirsty." he answers. His voice is so hoarse like he just got his throat operated.

"I'll call Kyungsoo." the older said then he fished out his cellphone on his pocket. "Kyungsoo~ Tao's awake. He's hungry. . ..yes, bring some food.. .water too and strawberries... .okay, thank you." he put the phone down. "He'll be here shortly."

"Ge~ it's beautiful." Tao said as he look outside the window. "I slept all day?"

"Yes. Don't talk yet. Your throat is so dry. I can barely hear you." Kris said. He walks to the younger then caress his face that's swelling up a little.

"Gege~ the stars. It's beautiful."

"Mm~ I know." Kris sat on the chair then he put his head on Tao's heart. He's looking outside the window too while listening to Tao's heartbeat. He stills then he felt Tao's hand running through his scalp. It felt so nice.

"Gege~ what does my heart says?"

"I love Wu YiFan." Kris giggled.

"That's true but more than that?"

"It says you don't want to leave me."

"that's true too." he said smiling. Kris cannot see him but he knows that the older knows he's smiling. They got interrupted when there's a knock on the door.

"Food's here." Kyungsoo announced then LuHan opened the door.

"Hey~" Luhan greeted him with a smile.

"Hey~" Tao greeted him back.

"How do you feel?" Luhan walked to him. Kris stood up and helped Kyungsoo.

"Good." Tao reached out his hand to LuHan. Luhan wondered why Tao reached out his hand. He has no clue but, just like a magic, his own hands moved on it's own and reached out to Tao too. The two of them held hands while looking at each other. Tao's hand is cold, it was breaking LuHan's heart how the younger is slowly fading away in front of them.

"I remember. We used to hold hands when you're cold before." LuHan said as he sat on the chair that Kris was sitting before.

"Lu-ge~ you're still beautiful but I see you've become so manly now. I just realized." Tao giggled. "So? Do you have a boyfriend now?"

"Drink first Tao." Kris scolded. He's frowning. Uh huh~ he's jealous, that's for sure. He helped Tao to sit, LuHan did the same thing since Tao is still holding his hands and not letting go. "Finish it." Tao shook his head. Kris pulled the glass of water.

"I can't finish it all." Tao pouted.

"Don't force him." LuHan said. Kris frowns but quietly retreated. "Where we're we?" he helped Tao to sit then pulled a blanket on him.

"Boyfriend."

"Oh yes~ boyfriend. I don't have one right now. I was thinking of courting you but I don't think some giant will allow it." he whispered the last part. Tao giggled again. "I love that sound." LuHan's smile is so gentle and warm.

"What sound?"

"The sound of your giggle." he said then he took out his cellphone. "Here. Listen to this." He gave Tao his phone. The younger touched the screen and it shows an audio file. It was named, "Cutest giggle ever". He blushed, he gets it, he knows what's in it. He touched the play button and he's right. It was him. His own giggle. He immediately touched the stop button after confirming that it was really him. "Why did you stop it?" LuHan asked laughing. Tao is blushing so hard. The older is glad to see some colors on his pale skin.

"It's embarrassing!" Tao protested.

"Lu~ we're done preparing the food. Get out. Now. I need to feed him." Kris ordered. Oh no. They forgot about him. He's super angry now. LuHan smiled to the younger then stood up. He's still holding his hand. It's so obvious that Tao doesn't want to let go but LuHan doesn't want to be in trouble with Kris. He was once, when the giant got so jealous to him after he took Tao to the amusement park. Kris beat up the living crap out of him but after that Tao was angry so Kris apologized the next day.

"I'll come visit again tomorrow okay?"

"You didn't come yesterday." Tao pouted.

"Uni. There's a lot of projects to do. I'm sorry." he looks guilty.

"Tomorrow okay."

"Tomorrow. Now eat." he said then he said his last goodbye and exited the room with his brother Kyungsoo. When the brothers are gone, Kris quietly feeds Tao.

"He's courting you?" Kris asks.

"No. He's not. He won't." he touched the older's face. He's as pale as him. "Gege~ You should sleep and eat more."

"I'm fine. Worry about your own health." he said coldly. Tao pouted.

"If you don't eat and you don't sleep longer then I won't do the same. " he threatened. Kris looks angry again but he's used to it now. It doesn't matter.

"Fine. I'll sleep and eat more." the older said in defeat. Tao continues eating. Kris is quiet too. The room feels so big and empty when they're not conversing. Tao looked outside the window as he chew the food that Kris is putting on his mouth. Stars. They're beautiful. They're so bright and energetic, they keep on twinkling.

 

 

~~~

"Do you like the view?" Kris gege asked me while we're both lying on my bed. Ever since I came he's always been sleeping with me. On my bed. I feel sad for him, he's such a lonely guy. He s his arms around me and pulled me into a super tight hug.

"I love it." I said. "It's beautiful." I was 15 then. It was two months after his graduation. That was the very first time he asked me about the stars. Even if we're always looking at them before we go to sleep.

"I'll tell you something cool." he said as he smells me. I giggled. Duh~ who wouldn't. It tickles.

"What?"

"Tell me you love me first." he said.

"I love you Wu YiFan." I told him. I felt his heart on my back. It's beating so fast and it's so loud.

"One of the girls at my school told me a story about stars."

"Girls~" I said without unconsciously. I didn't know how jealous I am with the girls on his class back then.

"Don't worry. I don't like any of them. You're the only one I like." he hugs me, tighter. He knows me too well. "she told me stars are souls of dead peoples."

"What!??? Really?? That's so cool!!" I said. That was the first time I heard of that. It's really cool. "Wait! How'd she know?"

"She said her grandmother told her that."

"Do you believe her?"

"There's no harm in believing her right? And. .I think it's cool too. No wonder there's a lot of stars. No one can count them. Just like all the human who died. There's a lot."

"Mm~ then I believe her too." I chuckled. "It's really cool."

"It is. That's why I told you. I want to share all the cool things to you." he said then he kissed my cheeks. "Let's sleep." he said. "Good night MY Baby panda."

"Good night My Dragon."

The next day, Kris gege attended a funeral. No wonder he was so down the previous night. One of his few friends at school, Kevin, he committed suicide. My lonely, lonely dragon. I love him so much. I don't want to see him sad anymore. But now, he's so sad. I know he'll be lonely when I'm gone. I want to stay on his side but. ..I can't. My body can't.

~~~

 

 

"Good. You finished everything." Kris said as he set down the empty plates. "You look sad."

"I do?" Kris nods.

"Do you want me to play the piano for you?" he asked with a smile.

"But the music room is too far."

"I'll carry you. You'll be able to see the stars there too." yes, he'll be able to see the stars there too because just like his room, there's a big glass window on the music room.

"I'm heavy." Tao frowns.

"You're not. I carried you a lot of times already. You're worried now? Isn't that a little too late?" he chuckles.

"Stop bullying me." Tao pouted.

"I'm not." Kris said as he chuckles then he help Tao up. "Piggy back or Princess Style?"

"I love Piggy Back." he said uncertain. "We're too old and I'm too tall for this gege."

"Don't worry. No one will see and. ..you're still cute. You'll be fine."

Tao was carried piggy back style then they walked to the music room. He's not heavy at all, Kris didn't even sweat. The older sat him on the big couch that was in front of the piano. He put a blanket on him then kissed his forehead.

"I like it here." Tao said.

"Me too." Kris smiles. "Request?"

"you know what I like"

"I love you ZiTao." Kris smiles at him before he hit the first key.

"I love you too Wu YiFan ge~" Tao whispers, Kris didn't hear it.

He looked outside the window. The sound of the piano and the stars. It's just too peaceful and beautiful. Kris is beautiful behind the piano. Tao wants the world to see how great his older brother is. He's done a lot for him and he's super contented. He's so happy that he got adopted by the Wu's. He doesn't really need parents. Kris is enough. He gave him everything. Literally, everything.

Tao has only one wish now. He wants Kris to be happy. It's his turn to be happy. He doesn't want to keep the older inside his room where everything smells like bitter medicine. He hates that Kris is always there for him, he hates that he won't give up on him. He hates fighting cancer. He's tired and that's all. He hums as Kris repeated the song all over again. Tao is drifting to sleep again but he still managed to sing along with the piano. 

Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle, twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are

When the blazing sun is gone
When he nothing shines upon
Then you show your little light
Twinkle, twinkle, all the night
Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are 

Tao fell asleep. As he said. He's tired. He's tired to the point that he doesn't want to wake up anymore. His insides are twisting, he's in pain but he hates showing it. Specially to Kris. He can bear the pain, what he cannot bear is the expression on Kris' face whenever he's throwing up blood.

 

 

~~~

"Who's that girl ZiTao?" Kris gege asked me right after I set foot on the front door.

"Mihael. She's my classmate. I got dizzy while on my way home so she helped me. I want to rest gege~" I know him too well. I know he's jealous. If I talk more and reasoned more, the conversation slash argument won't end. He's so possessive. But, it's okay. For some reason I feel so loved when he's jealous. It's just that, not that day. I don't want to argue that day because I feel so sick.

"Why didn't you call me? Why do you have to let her take you home?" he asked me with anger.

"She's older than me gege~. Please, just let me rest for now. I won't do it again gege~. I'll call you next time. I promise." I told him with pleading eyes a.k.a. My aegyo eyes.

"Do you promise?"

"I promise."

"Fine. Just because you look sick okay?" he said then he walked to me.

He put his hands on my waist and helped me to my room. I promised to myself not to ever let him see me with a girl ever again. I love him and I don't want him to get jealous to any one. Why? Because he's the only person I'll love, the only person that I'll call mine and the only person who owns me. I'M HIS.

~~~

 

 

Kris took Tao to his room. Ah~ the younger looks terrible. He loves him so much and he will do everything for the younger. He was so angry at Tao before, he blamed the younger for not taking care of his body but now.. .he cannot get angry at him for real. He loves him so much to the point that he will want to die too if the younger dies on him. He promised to himself that he will never let it happen. EVER.

The next day Kris woke up first. Since Tao is still sleeping he went to the kitchen and asked Kyungsoo to cook breakfast for them. Jongin is there too, it's so early but he's not surprised anymore. He knows Jongin, he knows that he's Kyungsoo's boyfriend. He doesn't care. He went back to Tao's room after telling Kyungsoo to cook. He was surprised to see LuHan inside the room. He's standing beside Tao and he's holding the younger's hands.

"LUHAN! WHAT'RE DOING HERE??" he asked. He doesn't like it when other people are touching Tao without any explainable reason.

"I came to visit Tao." the other said without looking at him.

"Don't touch him!!! And it's so early to visit him! Can't you see he's sleeping?"

"I can see. I'm not blind. And. ..you'll wake him up if you talk like that." he calmly said. God !! His attitude pissed Kris so much.

"GO AWAY!" he said. He did his best to not to be loud but he made sure that the anger is there on every word.

"Okay okay." LuHan said then he let go of Tao's hand and turned to Kris. "I know you don't like me near him. But I'm still his friend and as a friend I don't want to see him suffering. He's tired Kris. Please see that."

"Lu-ge~?" Tao woke up.

"Oh~ hello Tao~ I came to visit but I'm leaving now." he smiled him.

"eh~? Why? Don't go yet." he said weakly. "I. .." He suddenly looks so pale. Kris pushed Luhan out of the way and grabbed some towel somewhere. He gave it to Tao who immediately put it on his mouth. Slowly, the white towel turned red. He's throwing up blood.

"Why are you just ing standing there? Call Dr. Zhang!!!" Kris shouted to him.

Luhan ran to the kitchen, and told Kyungsoo to call the doctor. Tao is getting worse day by day. He's slowly dying. Luhan sighs in relief when the front door flew open and he heard hurrying footsteps to Tao's room. No matter how much he witness it, he will never get used to how painful it looks. Tao's face and Kris' face. They both look like they're sharing the same pain.