The Little Park

The Little Park

 

The next morning Jessica had awaken early at 6 o’clock to get ready. Changmin hasn’t arrivedin her house yet so Jessica did a little cleaning for a few minutes. Not long later her house bell rang, Jessica peeked threw the little peek-hole that was stuck in her door. It was Changmin.

 Jessica opened her door and said;“Ah, Changmin oppa!I’ve been waiting for you.”

“Really?” Changmin replied.

“Yeah, now let’s go...You wouldn’t wanna be late for work.”  Jessica replied.

They both got into Changmin’s car and headed off to the little park. When the reched the park Jaejoong wasalready there, sitting in the benchwith a pair of sunglasses on.Jessica and Changmin walked towards him.

“Hi!Did you just arrive or...?” Jessica startedthe conversation.

“Yes, I did. I arrived just 5 minutes ago.” Jaejoong informed her.

“That’s great.Now...” She said as she looked at Changmin and smiled.

“I’m sorry for last night...I was just worried about her.” Changmin told him.

“....That’s alright, I understand.” Jaejoong replied.

“Oppa, you can leave for work now...You wouldn’t wanna be late remember?” Jessica said witha big smile in her face.

“Ok  Sica-yah, see you later.” Changmin then waved.

As Changmin walked away Jessica sat beside Jaejoong and started.

“He’s my boyfriend. His name is Shim Changmin, my parents set me up with him and luckily I’m OK with it...”

And Jessica kept on continuing with her story.

A few minutes passed and Jessica was finally done. Jessica told Jaejoong quite a few things about herself, some thing many of her friends doesn’t know. Even Jaejoong was a little confused with what she said.

“Oh, I wanted to return this to you.” Jaejoong said.

Jessica looked at it a bit then said;“I didn’t even realized I lost it, thanks.” As she then smiled.

“So…Jessica. You don’t come from around here do you?” Jaejoong asked.

“Me? Of course I do.” Jessica said.

“But your name is so foreign…” Jaejoong  insisted.

“Wellyes, but I come from here even though many people does think I’m a foreigner. My parents purposely gave me a foreign name, so it would be unique.” She chuckled.

“Why don’t I give you a Korean name?” Jaejoong requested.

“You would?” Jessica grinned.

“Of course I would, so...?” He continued.

“Yes please” said Jessica happily.

“Hmm...How about…Soojung?” He said.

“Soojung?That’s my little sister’s name.”  Jessica answered.

“You have a sister? How old is she?” Jaejoong asked again.

“Yup, she’s 16.” Jessica smiled.

“What’s your surname?” Jaejoong asked.

“Jung.” Jessica answered simply with a smile.

“Jung? Okay,let’s see...Hmm…”Jaejoong thought. “How about Sooyeon? Jung Sooyeon?”

“Jung Sooyeon? That’s great!” Jessica smiled. “Thanks, I always wanted to have a Korean name.People treats me different because of my name sometimes, but thanks to you it’s not gonna happen any more.”She continued.

“So about this Changmin, he’s your boyfriend?” Jaejoong curiously asked.

“Yup.” Jessica said. “His parents are good friends of mine. My dad’s and his dad’s company are working together.”She continued. “And my parents really believe that Changmin can take good care of me.”

“I see, and you guys like each other?” Jaejoong asked.

Jessica nodded.“But sometimes he can be sensitive.” Jessica said. “But we can work it out. …I hope.” she smiled.

“That’s good, I wish you guys a happy relationship.” Jaejoong smiled.

Suddenly there was a rumble in Jessica’s stomach.

“Hey, are you hungry, Sooyeon-ah?” Jaejoong smiled a little as he called his new friend with the Korean name he had picked for her.“If you are we could go get something?” Heasked.

“Nah, it’s all right.” Jessica answered.

Jaejoong smiled and dragged Jessica out of the little park and into his car.

With confusion Jessica questioned; “Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” Jaejoong smiled as he started his car engine.

The car was filled with silence until Jaejoong decided to tune on his favorite song. It broke the awkwardness between them both. Not long later they arrived at a little shop a bit like a café with variations of desserts displayed. They got inside the shop. In there was already setted a table for two.

“So, what are you having, Sooyeon?” Jaejoong asked.

“Hmm...I’m not sure, you?” Shereplied.

“I think I’ll have the apple pie.” Jaejoong said. “You should try the chocolate cake.” He suggested.

“Chocolate Cake? Why not.” She said

“Any drinks?” The waitress asked.

“I’ll have the iced water.” Jaejoong said.

“And you,miss?” The waitress looked at Jessica.

“I’ll have the peach tea.” Jessica smiled.

Not long later the food came and they started to eat.

“How’s the food?” Jaejoong asked.

“Good.” Jessica smiled. “I especially like how the chocolate cream spreads out when I bite it.” She continued with a giggle.

“I’m glad you liked it.” Jaejoong said. “My mom used to take me here when I was young.” He smiled. “She always got me the apple pie because she knew it was my favorite.” He chuckled.

“Where is she now?” Jessica questioned.

“She passed away a few years ago.” Jaejoong started to reminisce. “I was really close with her.”

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Jessica muttered apologetically.

 “It’s OK.” Jaejoong murmured.

In no time all the food in the table was finished. Jessica settled back to her seat as she and saw a few high school students looking at them. She turned at Jaejoong and asked,

“JaeJoong-ssi, are those fans or do you know them?”

“Who are?” Jaejoong said.

“Them.” Jessica pointed at the high school girls with her eyes.

Jaejoong turned to the direction Jessica was looking at and realized that they were fans.

“Fans, but you don’t have to worry” He gave a little smirk.

JaeJoong asked for the bill. Not long later the waitress came,

“Here’s your bill sir, you may re-check it.” She said.

“Thank you” Jaejoong replied politely as the waitress left.

Jaejoong reached his pocket to get his wallet until Jessica stopped him.

“You’ve done too much for me.” She said, pulling out her wallet.

“You really don’t have to Sooyeon.” Jaejoong answered.

“I want to.” Jessica stated then called for the waitress,

“Excuse me.”

The waitress came and took the bill.

“You two make a very good couple.” She smiled.

The two froze,

“We’re just friends, nothing more.” Jessica blushed bright red.

“Is that so, well I’m very sorry” The waitress smiled.