Chapter 4

White

It was safe to say that most of the occupants of the room were quite shocked. Not only had Kyungsoo’s previous personality done almost a complete 180, but he was now offering to bake cookies for everyone. Apparently he quite enjoyed cooking, and wouldn’t take ‘no’ for an answer when some people objected to his offer.

As he pulled out the ingredients, he looked inside the egg carton, “I have an aversion to these eggs. Yixing darling, be a dear and go get me some organic brown ones? Thanks,” he said, proceeding to dump the entire carton into the trashcan, much to Suho’s horror.

“I just bought those! That’s like throwing my money down the drain. Why would you do that?!” He sounded completely scandalized.

“Junmyeon honey, you are in no way lacking in the money department. Two dollars isn’t going to make much of a difference.”

“But why?!” He was still adamant about getting an answer, but that was also something he was not going to receive as Yixing broke into their conversation.

“I’m leaving Umma, which size do you want? A dozen or two dozen?”

Kyungsoo smiled brightly at him, stunning the others in the room with his beautiful heart-shaped smile. “Two dozen if you could. Thank you sweetheart, I’ll be sure to buy you some new headphones later.”

Yixing smiled back, showcasing his dimple. “Thanks Umma, I’ll be back soon!” And with that he left the room, heading to the store.

Just as Suho opened his mouth to question the redhead once again, Baekhyun cut in, “Do you want any help Umma?”

“Yes, thank you dear,” Kyungsoo said, handing out yet another of his beautiful smiles. Jongin found himself looking at Kyungsoo a bit more than he normally looks at people. Studying the way his lips stretched into a heart shape when he grinned, his eyes forming beautiful crescents. The way his wine-colored hair would fall into his eyes, only for him to brush it away with a beautiful creamy hand. The way his eyes lit up as he looked at Baekhyun as they threw playful banter back and forth. Jongin found himself wishing that those beautiful eyes would look at him, but that was completely ridiculous; this was his rival, no matter that he had completely changed personalities- they were still enemies.

He decided that he was studying the redhead because he wanted to find his weakness, not because he thought the other looked absolutely stunning when he smiled, and he would like to be the cause of said smile. Nope. Not at all.

 

Yixing placed his Beats headphones on his head, turning up the volume of his music until his brain was practically rattling within his skull. He didn’t really care if this would cause him to go deaf, he just liked to drown in his music so he didn’t have to pay attention to the rest of the world. Music was his life.

As he walked towards the bus stop- it was too much work to drive himself- he started adding some random dance moves to the beat. It gained him more than a few looks, but he couldn’t care less as he bobbed his head for a second before doing a body spin with his right leg extended away from his body on the ground. This had a few of the onlookers dropped their jaw in amazement while Yixing just continued walking as if he had not done that.

When he reached the bus stop, he plopped himself down on the convenient bench, checking his phone for the time. The bus would come in about three minutes and he had to be back at the school in twenty minutes. He could do it.

He stretched a little, thinking about his only family- Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun and him had been friends from a very young age, but Kyungsoo became their friend sometime in middle school. Since they met him, they quickly became friends, always helping the other out through all of the trials they faced. When Yixing lost his mother to cancer at the age of twelve, it was at the time when Kyungsoo’s “strange” behavior was noticed by the other friends, and Umma came about. He became the mother that Yixing needed.

And then there was Baekhyun. Despite his drama queen diva personality, he was very accepting and understanding. He could always tell when Yixing was not in the best mood, and although it- most of the time- was unconventional, he always found the best ways to cheer up the Chinese male.

Yixing sighed as he looked at his phone once again. Time seemed to be going too slowly, and there was no eye-candy to waste his attention staring at. As soon as this thought crossed his mind, someone occupied the empty space next to him on the bench. Yixing side-eyed the male, noting unruly blonde hair peeking out from underneath a snap back, the ear he could see was littered with various piercings, and a couple of tattoos lined his neck, trailing off  under his clothes. He wore a rugged leather jacket and torn white skinny jeans. The smell of smoke and alcohol clung to him like a second skin, and although one may think that goodboy Yixing would be bothered by the scent, he hardly even noticed.

“What are you looking at?” A deep voice snapped, obviously annoyed. It, however, did little to deter the preppy male who faintly realized that at some point during his observation he had turned to fully gaze upon the intruder.

“You, obviously,” he said, a slightly flirty tone attached to his words, “I mean, have you ever looked in the mirror? Well, if your hair is anything to go by, probably not, but you’re still unbelievably attractive and I would totally let you bang me,” he rattled, barely pausing to breathe. The male looked at him like he had seven heads. “My name is Yixing by the way. Pleasure to meet you.” He stretched out his hand as an invitation to shake, or hug. Whichever was chosen.

His hand was eyed briefly before completely disregarded, “You’re from that preppy rich kid academy down the street, aren’t you?” The other asked, his tone laced with disgust. After a nod of confirmation from Yixing, he continued, “Then why are you skipping? Aren’t all of the students supposed to be goody-two-shoe geniuses? Sloughing class doesn’t strike me as ‘the proper thing to do’.”

“I’m not sloughing. The principal knows I’m gone. Besides, if I don’t want to be there, then I could just leave, there’s nothing proper or improper about it.”

The deep voiced male rolled his eyes, “Rich kids.” he scoffed.

“Ah,” Yixing stated, “your problem isn’t with me not being in school, it’s that I’m rich, isn’t it?” He already knew the answer, but asked anyway.

“All rich kids are jerks that think they own the world.”

“I will agree that some of them I would gladly hit with a metal chair, but not all rich people are rude. Some are nice and some are not. It’s the same with poor people. Some are humble and some think they’re the greatest thing since sliced bread. Nobody’s perfect, so don’t judge someone because they’re rich.” Yixing smiled brightly at his bench-mate, “Besides, the real question here is; why the heck are we having a deep conversation at a bus stop? It’s hardly the place for philosophy. Let’s save this for another time. By the way, what’s your name?”

He was met with silence and the side profile of the person he was previously having a conversation with.

“Okay then,” Yixing said, trying to keep the gorgeous male talking, “where are you going?”

The male sighed before turning back to the annoying blonde. “If I didn’t tell you what my name is, what are the chances I would tell you where I’m going?”

“Fair point. Well I’m going to the grocery store. My best friend needs eggs. The brown ones, not the white ones. He has an issue with the color. Now that I think about it, I don’t actually know why. But it must be a traumatic event if the way he would go to great lengths to avoid the color-not-color.”

Two brown eyes fixed on his face, “You talk a lot.” Were the only words spoken, but it brought another dimpled smile to Yixing’s face.

Just as he was about to reply, the bus pulled up. “Ooh! Let’s sit next to each other!” He exclaimed excitedly.

“How about no.”

Yixing pouted. “But you’re hot, I’m adorable, and we were becoming such good friends.”

He received a glare in response.


AN: Hehe... it wasn't supposed to be a seven month long wait... but it obviously was. This chapter was also noticably shorter than the other three, but I had next to no inspiration, hence the long wait. But at least I finally got it out. So yeah, there's that.

I hope you liked it. A new character was introduced! It's probably obvious who it is, but can you guess? 

Who doesn't love Lay? He's amazing. Actually, I think I love all of the characters for this... well almost all of them.

If you haven't, please subscribe, vote, or comment. That would be amazing. If you want to bug me until I actually update, you can do so on my ask really I just want people to talk to...