Chapter 3

White

Kyungsoo stood in a room filled with everything you would need to live. There was a rather large kitchen in the corner- most likely filled to the brim with food- there were couches surrounding a huge flat screen TV, as well as a meeting place and things to just lounge around on. There was only one major drawback in Kyungsoo’s eyes- it was filled with idiots.

 

From observing, he had found things that he didn’t like about each of the seven other people in the room. Jongdae was too happy and annoying, Luhan was too cute and innocent, Sehun was too emotionless while simultaneously being lovesick, Jongin was too perfect, Zitao looked insane, and Baekhyun and Yixing were being their bratty and immature selves.

 

Kyungsoo had had enough. Just as he was about to leave the room, the door opened and in walked Suho and a couple of the other administration people that didn’t matter.

 

“I’m glad you could all make it,” Suho said with a smile as he looked around at everyone in turn. “Even our beloved Kyungsoo is here, this calls for a celebration,” he said sarcastically. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes in response before Suho continued, “Now as you know, this is the first meeting of the student council this year. You will all be spending the majority of your time in this room and with these people, so I suggest you get to know each other. Today is mainly going to be a get to know you day, so I, and some other people in the administration, will be here to make sure that you all get along and don’t kill each other.” At this he shot a pointed look to Kyungsoo.

 

“I would never!” He said, mock offended, his hand placed over his heart before he went back to his silently judging state.

 

“Uh huh, sure, anyway, I figured that the best way to do this is either to do the elementary school way, where we all say our name and something about us, or we could have five minutes to talk to each person. Which one do you guys want?”

 

What are we, three? Kyungsoo thought to himself before voting for the second option. The second was basically unanimous with only one person- Sehun- voting for the first.

 

When they were given the ‘go ahead’ then they started conversing with people; Kyungsoo just sitting there, waiting for someone to come up to him.

 

“Hello,” Zitao said, coming over to Kyungsoo. “I’m Tao, nice to meet you.”

 

“Kyungsoo. Same.” He said with disinterest.

 

Tao coughed awkwardly, quite aware that this conversation was going nowhere. “So... what do you like to do?”

 

Kyungsoo glanced at him lazily, looking from his styled blonde hair to his earrings. “I enjoy sleeping, making sarcastic comments, and judging others who are less fortunate than I. Does that satisfy your curiosity?”

 

He didn’t really know how to respond to that, so he gave the general response of ‘that’s great’. After that they just sat there awkwardly waiting for the five minutes to be up so Tao could talk to others that were more pleasant beings than Kyungsoo.

 

Junmyun, who was gazing at the different conversations taking place, looked at Kyungsoo and Tao with disappointment- mainly Kyungsoo because everyone knows how he is. “Time’s up, go to the next person.”

 

Tao immediately shot up and walked to someone who seemed more approachable, meanwhile Jongdae decided he was going to talk to the grumpy introvert.

 

“Kyungsoo! My man!” His cheerful voice broke all remaining patience that Kyungsoo had left.

 

“Go away. Don’t talk to me. Don’t even look at me.”

 

Jongdae’s obnoxious laughter filled the room- completely over-exaggerated. “You’re so funny Kyungie!”

 

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes in complete hatred, “Do you want to die?” It was a rhetorical question; Jongdae had no choice in the matter.

 

The dinosaur-like male smiled a bit nervously. He’d never admit it, but the short-tempered redhead intimidated him to no end. “Right, well...” He started off, looking towards his source of inspiration for help. Of course, the object of his affection wasn’t looking back at him. This did not deter him for longer than three seconds, as he realized that he can still make his admiration proud of him.

 

So, strutting his way to Kyungsoo, he tried talking again, despite his beating heart. “So, tell me about yourself, Kyungsoo. There must be a reason why you hate the whole of humanity.”

 

Kyungsoo looked at him with annoyance etched onto every part of his face. “It’s people like you that make me hate the world. Can you not tell that I don’t want to speak to you? Honestly. I thought I was making it painfully obvious that I hate you. Go away.”

 

Jongdae gulped, suddenly scared for his life and his beautiful face. “I’m making an effort here, can’t you at least try to pretend you’re civil?”

 

The glare Kyungsoo sent his way could curdle fresh milk. “Excuse you, I am civil. I’m doing everyone a favor by not talking to people I don’t like. If you see a problem with that, I can easily start a fight right now. But I’m pretty sure that Suho wouldn’t be too happy with that, Chen.

 

Jongdae’s eyes narrowed, “What do you know?” He’s not suspicious because Kyungsoo called him Chen- he has nicknames for almost everyone- but because he specifically used Junmyeon’s name... well nickname.

 

Kyungsoo’s smirk said it all, “I know of your... infatuation with the principal. Actually, I think the correct term is stalking.”

 

“I do not stalk him!” Jongdae yelled, accidentally calling attention to everyone in the room.

 

“Of course not,” Kyungsoo said smugly before everyone was told to switch.

 

Kyungsoo ignored everyone that came up to him, especially Baekhyun and Yixing. There’s no way he was in the mood to talk to those two nutcases. The only one he paid attention to was Jongin.

 

He couldn’t help it. When he saw how perfect Jongin was, he just wanted to ruin him. And the only way he saw to do that was to change his attitude. With looks like Jongin’s, Kyungsoo can’t help but turn his flirt on.

 

“Hello, my name is Jongin. It’s nice to meet you,” he said as he bowed at a ninety degree angle.

 

“Oh, please do stay there, I quite like the view.”

 

Jongin’s head snapped up, “W-what?”

 

“I said I like the view, as in your . It’s a compliment. Take it.”

 

“Uh... Thanks. I, uh, like your hair. I guess.” The awkward was coming off of him like waves.

 

Kyungsoo stifled a laugh, Jongin may be perfect in some things, but he’s clueless in others. “You’re so innocent, it’s adorable.” His tone darkened considerably, “I can’t wait to corrupt you.”

 

Jongin blinked in confusion, but when he understood what Kyungsoo was talking about, he blushed a brilliant red. He coughed and looked away, deeming that

sentence not worth a reply.

 

The next minutes until the change are filled with shameless flirting and erted comments on Kyungsoo’s side, and extreme blushing to the point where he could light up a dark room on Jongin’s side. Suho, of course, noticed how uncomfortable the second best student was in the presence of the redhead, so being the

wonderful principal he is, he had them switch, despite there being a minute left. (Though if one were to ask him, he would deny everything.)

 

After Kyungsoo’s ‘five’ minutes with Jongin, he was sprawled out on the couch with no intention of moving. His eyes were closed as he tried to fall asleep. Screw all the other people he had to talk to.

 

“Um, excuse me, I’m Luhan,” a timid voice broke his concentration. He opened his eyes and stared at the adorable male standing above him shyly. His honey blonde hair was in a slight mess, and he just looked completely huggable at that moment.

 

Kyungsoo slowly stood up, his eyes glued to the squishy being in front of him; his constant stare making Luhan increasingly more nervous. When Kyungsoo was fully standing, their height difference was noticeable, with Luhan being a few inches taller than the red head. Something snapped in Kyungsoo when he saw the fidgeting teen, causing him to engulf the larger in a giant bear hug while squealing without restraint. Everyone’s conversations in the room came to an immediate halt as they all stared at Kyungsoo like he was a purple alien.

 

“You’re so friggin’ cute!” Kyungsoo yelled in a fangirl tone, his arms squeezing the poor boy in his arms even tighter. “Oh my goodness! I’m going to keep you!”

 

Off to the side, there were several different reactions; Sehun was overcome with jealousy while watching someone that wasn’t him hug his property- not that Luhan was in any way viewed as an object- but was unable to do anything, for the shock had rendered his body immovable. Tao, Jongdae, and Jongin were extremely confused, Suho was scared- because a happy Kyungsoo is not something he’s used to and the unknown scares him. The rest of the school board were indifferent to the current situation, for they had never really known the personality of the top student, so they didn’t know that this was extremely abnormal behavior. Then there was Yixing and Baekhyun who were excited, for this was one of their favorite versions of Kyungsoo.

 

“Can’t... breathe...” Luhan struggled to say, his face turning a light shade of purple.

 

Kyungsoo eventually relented his suffocating hug, but placed his hand on Luhan’s cheek, it affectionately with his thumb. “Sorry, you’re just so adorable,” another small squeal passed his lips before he hugged Luhan again. This time though, he immediately pulled back, “Oh!” He exclaimed, causing Sehun to jump uncharacteristically. “You’re so skinny, that can’t be healthy. Here, I’ll make some cookies, you need to eat more.” There was nothing but affection in his voice. Not the affection one would have for their lover, but one that a mother would give to their child.

 

“You don’t have to do that, Kyungsoo,” Luhan tried to reject the offer/ command.

 

Kyungsoo gave the taller a warm smile, “Call me Umma. Besides, if I don’t take care of you, who will?” He smiled, but the underlying tone to his words gave no room for anyone to argue.

 

For the past few minutes, it had only been Kyungsoo and Luhan who were talking, everyone else- except Yixing and Baekhyun of course- was severely confused and didn’t have enough brain space to speak after the shocking personality change. However, Baekhyun started talking and broke the others’ silence.

 

“Umma!” He exclaimed, catching the attention of the short redhead.

 

“Baekkie!” Kyungsoo exclaimed before engulfing the slightly taller male in a warm hug. “Yixing baby, come here,” he said, gesturing to the Chinese male. Yixing’s face lit up in a brilliant smile, exposing his dimple. He bounded over to the hugging pair and wrapped his long arms around them.

 

The shortest wriggled his way out of the arms of his two best friends and made his way to the kitchen. “What type of cookies would you all prefer?” He asked, rummaging through the nice double-doored black and silver fridge. When no one answered him, he looked back at the group. Everyone was in shock - except Baekhyun and Yixing of course, but they don’t count - their jaws practically implanted on the carpeted floor. “What?” Kyungsoo blinked innocently, wondering why everyone was looking at him like he had a head coming out of his nose.

 

Baekhyun didn’t answer, for he was too busy looking in a conveniently placed mirror on the wall, trying to fix his hair and makeup. Yixing didn’t answer because... well, no one knew what he was doing.

 

“Since everyone seems to be too good to answer a simple question, then I shall make chocolate chip.”

 

“Who are you?” Jongdae managed to choke out.

 

“Me? I’m Umma.”