Chapter 1

White

AN: So it's going to switch POV a lot, or whenever I want it to mostly. But to be honest, most of this story is going to be in third person, just not for the first chapter. Or first couple. I'm not really going to clarify when Kyungsoo's 'mood' changes, so it might be a little confusing sometimes. Just understand that he has many different emotions that change within the blink of an eye. 

 

~Kyungsoo~

My eyes slowly opened after hearing the incessant knocking continually break my concentraration. The nonexistent good mood I was sporting diminished even further. 

"Whoever is knocking, I hope you die slowly and painfully," I grunted. "What do you want?"

The door opened and in strutted my least favorite person that day. "Hello Kyungsoo," his words were dripping with happiness. My eye twitched involuntarily.

"What are you doing here? I hate you," I complained, still grumpy. 

"Pish posh, you love me."

I cringed at that. "I want to burn you."

He smirked in response. "Now for the reason I'm here - well, reasons. For one, you shouldn't be sleeping at school, it isn't proper etiquette. And two, I was tasked with giving you this report."

I looked from him to the report he was holding, then back to him. "I didn't ask for a report."

"I am aware, however, Zitao has commanded that I give it to you, so here, take it."

I groaned and took the light pink papers from his hold. "I hate that ."

He laughed lightly, "Well aren't you a big ball of sunshine today?"

"Kim Jongdae, get out of my office," I was done dealing with him; he as too happy. No one should be that happy.

"Yes sir!" He gave a fake salute and walked out of my office, chuckling lightly to himself. When the door closed behind him, I groaned and hit my head on the desk a couple times before taking a deep breath and looking at the papers I was handed. It was something about finances that I had absolutely no interest in. 

Twenty minutes later, another knock was heard. "What now?" I moaned, my head finding contact with the desk again.

The door opened with a loud bang and the shrill voice of Baekhyun filled the air, "I'm here, your day just got better!" I gave him a blank stare before resting back on the desk. "Oh don't be like that, you have work to do~" he sang, dropping something on my desk. Most likely his backpack.

"Leave me alone, I want to sleep."

He tsked. "You can drop the act, I know you aren't really sleeping Kyungie."

"I will kill you. Don't call me Kyungie, Bacon Fat."

"You wound me," he said, a fake pout adorning his face as he touched the place where his heart is. "Anyway, the big boss man wants you to go to his office."

"I'm pretty sure he wants a lot of things, but he can go screw himself, because I'm not moving."

Baekhyun grumbled quietly to himself, something along the lines of burning my children. "If you don't go, he might change your paper color again."

I stood up immediately and bolted out of my office, Baekhyun's laughter following me. The last time the principal had changed the color of the paper... it wasn't pretty. I wouldn't expect him to do it, but, then again, Suho is quite unpredictable.

Feeling my mood changing again, I slowed down to a lazy walk, my head hanging as a shuffled along. I found myself directly behind two people that decided it was their task to fill up the entire hallway while walking at a slower pace than snails. It was only natural that I listened to their conversation.

"I can always help you obliterate him," came a lazy a monotone response from the blonde one of the two.

A light chuckle came from the other, brown haired one, "No one uses 'obliterate' in normal conversation anymore, Sehun. Besides, it's not my problem. Sure I would like to be at the top, but obviously that's not going to happen. No matter how good I try to be, the hierarchy is based on intelligence, and he just had more that me," ah, so it's me they're talking about... interesting.

"I bet this guy cheated, I mean how can anyone get a hundred percent on that test? The questions were things that were only just figured out in science, also, how is anyone supposed to know the circumference of the sun? He obviously cheated," I like this Sehun guy. He's not afraid to dis me, never mind the fact that he's completely wrong. 

"Just drop it Sehun. It doesn't matter anyway."

"No, I've heard some things about him, like how he's completely disrespectful, and he disregards the rules, and he's rude, and irresponsible. Would you like me to go on? I could. He's the definition of immature."

I'm flattered, really.

The other one sighed exasperatedly, "But he's still smarter than me. And that's the only thing this school cares about; intelligence. Now I'm just going to get this thing with the principal over with, and then I'm going to go back to wallowing in self-pity."

This guy is pathetic. Yeah, he wants to be on top, but unfortunately for him, I am and he's not. It's been a month since the placements, and he's still stuck on it. However... I am going to the principal as well. This should be fun, if I actually meet him, that is.

While walking, I listened to their conversations on random subjects, finding out the other's name is Jongin. Sehun and Jongin. Fun.

I can see why he came in second. I've been two feet behind him for five minutes and they're completely oblivious. Idiots.

I think they'll be my new playthings.

~Jongin~

I didn't want to go to the principal's office, however, I would do it anyway. My perfect image is everything to me, and I will do everything in my power to maintain that ... even talking with the principal who admittedly terrifies me.

Sehun was kind enough to walk with me, trying to keep my mind from panicking. He was doing a relatively good job, but then he had to go and start talking about my rival, the top student. Truthfully, I don't actually know his name or anything about him other than what I've heard from rumors. Things such as him being an irresponsible jerk, and characteristics that fall in that category.

Despite us walking at a slower pace, we still reached the administrative headquarters in under five minutes. Before entering, I stopped Sehun in a panicked state.

"How do I look? Is my tie straight? Is my shirt fully tucked in? Are there any hairs out of place? Am I perfect?" I rushed out anxiously.

Someone snorted behind me. I looked around and saw this short male that was strangely dressed. He was wearing a black baggy hoodie and grey sweat pants. I wasn't even sure if he was wearing shoes or not. His hair was bright red and unruly like he just woke up. His eyes were the size of dinner plates and made him look extremely innocent.

He smirked at me, "Sorry," came his silky voice, "go back to fussing over your appearance, don't mind me. Although," his eyes raked over my body with shameless appreciation. I felt uncomfortable. "you look y."

I was about to say something back, but he just brushed past me and walked into the principal's office. "Wait," Sehun said to me, "isn't that where you're supposed to go?"

Nodding silently, I followed after the brash stranger. Sure, lots of people have called me y, but when he said it, it sounded like I was his plaything. Like he already owned me.

It was safe to say that I was confused an curious.

I inhaled deeply and knocked on the principal's office door. "Come in," came a kind voice. Pushing the door open, I immediately bowed. "See Kyungsoo, this is the kind of respectfulness that you should have." The tone was light and joking.

When I looked up, I saw the guy that was outside, and another male that seemed to be in his thirties that was sitting at a desk. I had never actually seen the principal before, but I assumed he was at least in his fifties. 

"I don't do respect, Suho. You should know this." The messily put together male spoke. "Anyway," he said, turning to me, "the name's Kyungsoo. Nice to meet you."

My eyes narrowed the slightest bit at him. Does he not remember our encounter outside, or is he just ignoring it? "Kim Jongin," I extended my hand outwards, "nice to meet you too." I even went the extra mile to give him a smile. 

He looked from me to my hand, then turned to look at the principal, Suho. Awkwardly I dropped my hand and pretended like I didn't even offer it in the first place. 

"Hello, Jongin, I am the principal, Kim Junmyun. Now I bet you're both wondering why I brought you here today."

"Nope," Kyungsoo interrupted, "I just didn't want you to change my paper like Baek said you might."

Mr. Kim's face turned to one of horror. "No, no, no. I'll never do that again. Never." A shudder passed through his body, and I was immensely confused. What happened the last time? What are they even talking about? "Moving on," he said, clearing his throat, "sorry, Jongin. That was an incident last year that I do not wish to repeat. However, we are not here to talk about that. I, and many of the other administration members, have decided that the school would benefit greatly if the two top students were to work together on the student council to make this a better school." Kyungsoo was about to interrupt, but Mr. Kim kept on going, "The purpose of this school is to allow kids such as yourself to get all that education has to offer. As you two being the most educationally advanced, it is your duty to help those less fortunate than yourselves. With both of you working together, then everyone would be benefited on a greater scale than before."

"What's in it for me?" Was Kyungsoo's immediate question.

"Well," Mr. Kim began, "for one it could help you with your people skills, and two, I know that you have a brilliant mind, but you never put it to use. With you working on the student council, then you'll be helping, not only other people, but also yourself."

"Suho, honey, you know that if I were to work with other people, I would tear them apart and probably make them contemplate suicide before I help them in any way."

"That's why I've also enlisted your tamers to be on the council with you."

Kyungsoo gave a bark of laughter, "Baekhyun and Yixing? You put them on the student council? The diva and the bipolar ert? Do you want this to fail in seventeen different ways? Suho darling, I thought you knew better than that."

"Just have patience Kyungsoo. It'll all work out in the end. I promise." Mr. Kim was obviously done dealing with Kyungsoo.

"Whatever you say boss."

"Jongin," Mr. Kim said suddenly, causing me to involuntarily flinch. "do you have any comments or concerns with this new arrangement? I have placed Sehun on the student council as well. So is there anything you have any worries about?"

 Yes I had a lot of questions, but I could see that he was at his last straw from talking to Kyungsoo. The guy seemed like a handful. So I just shook my head in response to his question. 

"Great!" Mr. Kim said, clapping his hands in delight, "You both start on Monday. Now get out of my office."

I nodded and bowed to him again, whereas Kyungsoo just walked out, me following him once again.

"Well, I suppose we'll be seeing a lot of each other, partner," he said, adding on a wink at the end. 

This is going to be an interesting year. That's for sure.