Chapter 2

White

AN: This chapter is going to be following the other characters a bit more. Also it's going to be in third person unless stated otherwise.

 

Only after Jongin had left the office, did it finally hit him that Kyungsoo was the top student; his rival. He watched Kyungsoo's retreating figure before running his hands through his perfect hair and lightly tugging.

 

A noise of frustration left his lips, "Crap," He didn't even know anymore.

 

"Did you die?" Sehun asked sarcastically from his spot against the wall where he was watching his best friend in amusement.

 

"What? No," Jongin looked at him confusedly. "What are you talking about?"

 

Sehun raised an eyebrow, "Well, with the way you were freaking out before going in, it's only natural that I ask if you're okay once you get out."

 

It was Jongin's turn to raise an eyebrow, "Your version of asking if I'm alright is by asking if I'm dead? What's wrong with you?"

 

"Dude," there was a hint of exasperation in Sehun's tone, "I was being sarcastic. You know, for someone who is supposed to be smart, you're extremely dumb."

 

"Ouch."

 

"But seriously," Sehun said, changing the subject, "Why are you freaking out after getting out? Aren't you supposed to be happy that it's over?"

 

With his friend's question, Jongin was suddenly reminded of that messily put together guy that was in Mr. Kim's office. "That," he said, gesturing in the general direction that Kyungsoo had gone off to, "was the top student. Do you realize what this means?"

 

"That you met him?"

 

"No, it means, that instead of some random rebel being put on the student council with me, I now have to see my enemy every day of the year. That is not okay."

 

Sehun was thoroughly amused. "Relax, you don't even know him, he might be a cool guy."

 

"I don't need to know him to know that I hate him. Besides, now I have to pretend that I actually like him. I don't know if I'm ready to do that."

 

A smile made it's way onto Sehun's face, "No you don't. He's already aware of your dislike towards him."

Jongin looked at him in surprise, "What? How?"

 

"Well, he was following us while we were walking here. He most likely listened to our conversation about you not liking him," the look of horror that found its way onto Jongin's face was truly comical.

 

"He was following us?" Jongin was scared. No one is supposed to know that he is capable of hate or dislike; it ruins his perfect image.

 

"Yeah, I thought you knew," a look of consideration crossed Sehun's face. "Well it just goes to show, that you might be book smart, but you don't really know anything, do you?"

 

It was a rhetorical question, but Jongin answered anyway, "I know plenty of things. More than you."

 

"You always resort to insulting others when you know you're wrong. That's going to get you in a bit of trouble later. It's not my problem though."

 

Jongin was going to respond, but he realized that he had no idea what to say to that, so he just made a noise of disagreement and left the conversation at that. Sehun's phone went off notifying a new text. He nearly squealed like a teenage girl when he saw who it was from.

From: Lu :)

Hey, I'm bored, wanna hang out?

 

He looked up from his phone to see Jongin with a knowing look. "My future boyfriend wants me, I must depart."

 

Jongin nodded in understanding before shooing Sehun away.

 

To: Lu :)

 

Sure, where should we meet?

After a couple texts filled with shameless flirting, they finally decided on a location to meet each other. Sehun really felt like grinning like a maniac, but instead he kept his emotionless face up, walking 'calmly' to his next destination: Luhan.

Upon his arrival, he saw the most beautiful being leaning against the Great Oak in front of the school. His head was down, looking at the ground, every once in a while he would lift his head and gaze around, searching for someone. His hands were stuffed into the pockets of the uniform's pants, and he kept shifting from one foot to the other, as if a bit nervous. He looked up once again, and his whole stature changed when he saw Sehun. He went from awkwardly waiting there, to beautiful and excited in a split second. A bright smile lit up his face and he started walking towards the other with confidence.

"Hey there," he said when he reached Sehun, and obvious flirtatious tone attached to his words.

"Luhan," Sehun said, a small smile gracing his features as he grazed upon his soon to be other half, "we should go shopping."

Luhan's head tilted slightly to the side, much like a puppy would, "Why?"

The smile on Sehun's face grew larger, "I want to spend money on you. Let's go anywhere you want to. We can do whatever you want." The affection was clear in his voice and words, and it caused another brilliant smile to find its way onto Luhan's face.

He gave a nod of affirmation, "Alright then, let's go to the book store, then out to eat, ooh, I want ice cream too. Can we get ice cream Hunnie?" He latched himself onto Sehun's arm as they begun walking.

"Sure baby, we can do whatever you want." He was never like this with anyone but the person currently clinging onto him like a leach. A very adorable leach.

Luhan squealed in delight before lacing their hands together and lightly tugging them to walk faster. "There are these new books I want at the store. They just came out, and I've been wanting them, but never had the time to go, you know? So this is perfect," he rambled on, "I love you." Once he realized that he said that out loud, he lit up like a Christmas tree and buried his face in Sehun's arm.

Sehun chuckled lightly before squeezing their intertwined hands and prying Luhan off him so he could kiss his forehead. "I love you too," he said casually, and that was the end of that topic. As they walked they brought up random topics to talk about, completely ignoring the obvious confessions that had happened minutes ago.

"This one Hunnie," Luhan said, pointing to an old looking store, "This one's my favorite. It always has the best books, and there's that old book smell that I love so much. Plus it's just really cool."

When they entered the store, there was indeed the old book smell. It hit the second the door was opened, and it was excessively strong. Despite that, the store was small and covered from ceiling to floor in books. The front desk was even made out of books. There was an open space right at the front that had fluffy chairs and coffee tables built for people to read while they're there. There was a certain homey and comfortable feel to the quaint shop that made people warm up to it and feel instantly welcome. The people siting at the front desk smiled at them as they walked in, watching in amusement as Luhan's eyes lit up and he bounded away from Sehun to go browse the millions of books lining the shelf.

Sehun watched him with a soft expression, it was clear to anyone who saw him that he loved the other, "Are you two dating?" One of the workers asked; they were too cute to not be a couple.

"Not yet," he replied, a smile lighting his features.

"Hunnie!" Luhan called, "Come look at what I found!"

"Coming," he gave a slight nod to the workers before heading off to search for his soon-to-be boyfriend. "What is it baby?" Sehun asked, coming up behind Luhan and giving him a back hug.

Luhan's heart raced at the simple action and he stuttered out his reply, "Uh, l-look at this," he shoved a book in Sehun's face, effectively getting out of his hold. When Sehun managed to look at what was in his face seconds ago, he burst out in uncontrollable laughter. It was a book about safe (what Luhan was doing in that section, he had no idea) but on the cover was an ugly drawing of a boar man with a speech bubble that said "Think of me before the nasty".

Sehun leaned against the bookshelf as he tried to calm himself down, it wasn't even that funny, but he had tears resting at the corner of his eyes, threatening to fall. Luhan was staring at the man he loves thinking that he was super adorable with his high-pitched laugh. He didn't even get the joke, he just thought it was weird and decided to show it to Sehun, but he didn't know this would happen.

"Whew," Sehun said once he finally calmed down and wiped the stray tears from his face. "That's too rich," another chuckle passed his lips, "Anyway, are you ready to go, baby?"

Luhan nodded, showing off his books like they were his greatest accomplishment, a wide smile accompanying it. Sehun chuckled again and kissed Luhan's forehead before intertwining their hands and dragging him to the front desk, completely missing the violent blush that had spread across Luhan's features.

"Did you find everything okay?" The lady that they handed the books to asked.

"Yes! Thank you," Luhan said, his forever present smile making an appearance once again. She smiled back and told them the cost. Sehun paid and they thanked them again before leaving the store.

"Where now, baby?" Sehun asked, taking the bag from Luhan's grasp.

"Ice cream!" Luhan cheered.

"Alright sweetie," he connected their hands again as they walked down the street to the old-fashioned ice cream shop. "This place has the best ice cream I've ever had." When he said this, Luhan's eyes lit up and he bounded over to the doors. "Someone's excited," Sehun said with a teasing tone.

"Shut up," Luhan grumbled, "I've never been here before and you say it's good. I want to try as well."

"I was teasing you sweetheart. I'm pretty excited myself."

They went inside, Luhan practically sprinting to the counter where he could gaze at the different masses of flavors present. His mouth was agape in awe as he looked at the multitude of colors and and toppings in tubes. "I want that one! No wait, that one! No, hold on... that one!" He made a noise of frustration before looking back at Sehun with a pleading gaze, "It's so hard, what should I choose?"

"Choose what ever one looks the best."

"They all look good, that's why I was asking you." Luhan deadpanned.

"We can always come back later, just choose one of the things that you want, and each time we come, you can choose something different, okay?" Sehun compromised.

Luhan made a comical face of consideration before nodding and choosing a flavor and toppings, Sehun following suit.

*     *     *

Baekhyun looked around the room while waiting for one of his best friends. They were supposed to go shopping together, but, like always, Yixing was late. He sighed and tapped his foot a couple times before grabbing his phone to text him. 

"Hey, sorry I'm late," said a voice to the left of Baekhyun. He looked up only to be blinded by extremely white teeth and a dimple. 

"You made me wait Xing, sorry isn't going to cut it."

"Sorry Baek, but I forgot about it until like five minutes ago. Why didn't you ask Kyungsoo to go with you?" The moment Yixing said that, he realized how stupid that was.

A bark of laughter fell from Baekhyun's lips, "The last time I asked him if he wanted to go shopping with me, he threw a shoe at my head and almost pushed me out a window."

Yixing winced, remembering his experience with asking Kyungsoo to go shopping with him. "Fair enough," he conceded. "But still, why do you ask me? You know I don't like the mall. Besides, it's still during school, so there won't even be anything yummy to look at."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "I ask you because you're too nice to decline me, and I'm going for the clothes, not the eye candy. I need you there as my y gay friend that tells me if I look fabulous in my outfits and stuff."

"You're gay too, Baek."

He waved his hand dismissevly, "That's beside the point. Come with me."

Yixing sighed, "I don't have a choice do I?"

"Nope," Baekhyun said cheerily, "Let's go," He grabbed Yixing's hand and dragged him out of the school and to his car. After practically shoving him in the passenger seat, he skipped to the driver side and hopped in the car.

"Which mall are we going to?" Yixing asked as Baekhyun drove out of the parking lot. 

After a moment of consideration he answered, "The one with the waterfall in the center."

"That's hardly a waterfall," Yixing scoffed, "It's a pond with a little bit of a steep."

"Details, details. The point is, there's water in the center, and that's where we're going."

For the rest of the drive they made small talk (basically throwing insults back and forth at each other). 

"What store are we going to first?"

Baekhyun couldn't for the life of him remember the name of the shop he wanted to go to, so he tried his hand at explaining it. "It's the one with those things, you know, the things that I like and I was obsessed with for like a week?"

Yixing sat there for a second trying to remember what he was talking about, "Oh, those things? The one with the curvy thing?"

Baekhyun nodded, happy that his best friend could understand his language, "Yeah, but I'm not going for those things, I'm going for something else that I saw, but didn't think I liked until yesterday."

"Ah, makes sense."

"You know, if half the world's population were to hear us converse on a normal day, they would think that we're either high, or drug dealers, or just plain rude."

Yixing looked at him weird, "That's true, but what does that have to do with anything?"

Baekhyun shrugged impassively as they got out of the car, "I don't know. Just thought of it and thought, 'why not share with a willing to listen Yixing."

"Don't think I'm willing to listen. I don't want to hear half the things you talk about."

"Rude."

They got inside the store and Baekhyun started looking through the numerous heaps of clothes scattered around while Yixing just stood there watching his friend with little interest. Eventually Baekhyun had his own little pile of clothes that he went to try on, claiming that he needed his gay best friend to tell him what he looks good enough in to buy. 

After about seventeen complete outfits, a lot of insults, and idle conversation, they finally were ready to purchase the clothes. Baekhyun had chosen a total of eight pants and twelve shirts, with some other accessories. 

"Well dang, why not just buy the whole store Baek? Are we done shopping yet?" Yixing complained for the nth time.

"Hush, we're not done shopping, now if you would kindly shut up."

Yixing grumbled some not very nice things directed to Baekhyun under his breath. "Fine, but don't expect me to be much help." His feet were hurting and he was just miserable.

"If you don't help, it'll take even longer," Baekhyun warned.

"Whatever. This is abuse. You're abusing me. I'm calling the police. Oh, even better, I'll just leave you." He turned to leave, but Baekhyun grabbed his hood. 

"You're not going anywhere, you're trapped until I'm done with you." He stuck his tongue out at the whining child being held back.

And so their day continues; Baekhyun being an 'abusive' and 'manipulative' friend, and Yixing being an 'annoying' and 'bratty' child.