0 Chapter Three 0

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

0 Chapter Three 0

Warmth flooded across his skin, a bright light casting over Sehun’s face. Silver eyes snapped open, as he craned his body up from his sleeping position.

His neck hurt.

Like really bad.

With a groan, he lifted his head up, realising he had fallen asleep on Minyoung’s lap whilst they were on the couch, waiting for the electricity to turn back on. The lights were all on, basking through the small cottage, sunlight flickering along the living room. Sehun observed his surroundings, his instincts taking over. Jae Hee was curled on the other side of Minyoung; her legs sprawled across Minyoung’s legs. Minyoung was sleeping in a sitting position, her head hanging over the edge of the coach. Sehun flinched at the uncomfortable position.

Sehun positioned himself in front of Minyoung, standing up to his full height. He rolled his neck slowly, trying to ease the pain of his muscles from the uncomfortable way he had slept. Crouching forward, his fingers reached to move Minyoung’s head into a more comfortable position, but then his fingers traced the bare skin of the nape of her neck…

The feeling was unexplainable.

It felt like thousands of sparks electrified his skin cells, sending his body in a jumbling maze. Fireworks erupted in his stomach, knots twisting in complicated ways that made his stomach hurt. Warmth, hotter than anything he had every felt before flooded his body. Her skin felt soft under his coarse touch, the way her midnight hair tangled once it reached the end in curls were strewn across her shoulder, her ruby lips parted slightly. And when her eyes snapped open under his intense scrutiny, her orbs of golden brown eyes gazed softly into his unnatural silver ones. 

Minyoung murmured softly, closing her eyes again as she stretched like a cat awakening from a nap. “You’re awake?” Thick sleep coarse through her voice, as she drowsily opened her eyes, only then realising how close Sehun was to her.

Confliction flickered through his silvery eyes; his hand was resting against her neck, almost as if to move her into a more comfortable position. But it was frozen in spot, as if he had been electrified.

Her lips parted again, making Sehun trace the way her lips formed the shape of Cupid’s bow. “Sehun?” She whispered his name in a way he had never heard before; it sent him into frenzy.

Closing his eyes, he tried to control the beast that wanted to rip outside of him. His insides twisted in ways he didn’t think was possible. Without a second thought, he rushed away from Minyoung, slamming the cottage door open and running into the forest that surrounded the small house.

He couldn’t think, only knowing that he was out of control, and he could hurt Minyoung. God, what would happen if his wolf took control? What if he shifted in front of her, he remembered Kyungsoo hyung when he first shifted, and he almost tore Chanyeol hyung to pieces. Minyoung was human; she wasn’t built like a wolf. The thought of hurting Minyoung or Jae Hee was the only thing making him keep on running and not to go back to her.

“Sehun!” A voice yelled behind him. Minyoung was running to catch up to him, but years of practice had lead Sehun to swinging from branches and slipping in and out of the trees at indisputable speed. “Sehun, what’s wrong?”

He ignored her, pounding faster through the forest. He had to get away, what if the feeling inside of him was his wolf, what if his wolf wanted to hurt Minyoung?

A scream pierced against the forest, reaching Sehun’s ears at horrible frequencies. His body skidded to a halt, his breathing heavy. He froze on the spot.

That voice, it was unmistakeably; he’d recognise it in a heartbeat.

Minyoung.

He didn’t have time to think, time to worry about the wolf that was trying to escape.

Sehun’s bare feet slapped against the forest floor, reminiscent of the day that had brought him to Minyoung. Except this time, it wasn’t Sehun who was in danger but Minyoung. Memories flooded against his brain, and for once, they weren’t of his brothers but of Minyoung. And Jae Hee. And the beautiful cottage that had become his refuge.

What hap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter