0 Chapter One 0

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

0 Chapter One 0

Minyoung sighed, twisting her aching body as she tucked a chocolate strand of hair behind her ear. A simple white blouse was tucked into black jeans, a blazer covering her shoulders, polished to perfection. A slight breeze entered her room as she opened her window to let the cool morning air fill the room.

Her body ached with the weird position she had stayed in for a few hours on end, her bones creating an awful sound as she stretched. As she looked around her almost barren bedroom, her eyes travelled to the boy who was tucked under the covers of her bed.

His face was young, but seemed to be weathered by some sort of pain and his light, fair hair was matted with sweat and grim. Scars and cuts ran across his smooth skin, and his chiselled jaw had spots of dark blues that marred the paleness of his skin.

He murmured unrecognisable words, the sounds surprising deep. His forehead was creased and beads of sweat were cascading down his face.

What worried Minyoung the most was his lower abdomen, the one that she had badly bandaged. Her fingers trailed along the bloodstained arrowhead that was previously embedded into the boy’s stomach, before a chill was sent through her body. The arrow slipped between her fingers and hit the ground, the sound of the metal hitting the wooden floor echoing around the room.

The boy’s eyes snapped open, fear riddling deep within them as the sound of the metal arrow echoed against his ear. His eyes were a curious colour of silver, almost a shade darker. It was the strangest thing Minyoung had seen in a while. Perhaps they were contacts? Minyoung placed the arrow on the bedside table, before she hovered above the boy, her hair slightly swaying in the breeze.

“Are you okay?” Her voice was soothing, if not albeit apprehensive. She had been terrified when a boy around her age had collapsed in front of her door, covered in blood with two arrows stuck in him.

The boy let out a yelp as he tried to move, a bandage trapping his arm and refusing him any sort of movement. Minyoung was quick to push him back onto the bed gently, as her eyes quickly flittered across his injuries to make sure he hadn't made them worse.

“What happened?” His voice was quiet, almost a whisper that disappeared along with the breeze that flickered across the room. He shivered slightly, pulling the duvet covers around him as tight as he could.

Minyoung rushed to close the window, patting down her blouse as she saw the boy survey his surroundings. His golden eyes took in everything, from the bare walls to the wooden floor.    

“I should be asking you that,” She replied, throwing the arrows onto his lap and sitting on the floor, cross-legged.

The boy flinched at the sight of the arrows, brushing them away with a single touch. Minyoung raised an eyebrow, sighing. She picked them up and placed them into her drawer. She felt that she might need them when she called the police later.

“How long have I been out?” His voice was hoarse and croaky, his eyes travelling over the bandages that covered both his shoulder and torso.

Minyoung replied almost instantly, “A couple of hours, it’s five in the morning now,” She yawned, covering it behind a delicate hand.

Silence consumed them, as Minyoung stared at the stranger. He continued to look around the room, flinching now and again when he moved slightly. “Do you want me to call the police?”

“The police?”

“Yeah,” She replied, standing up from her position on the floor. “I know you’re probably scared but they can help.”

“Who are the police?”

Minyoung stared at the boy, disbelief spreading through her. “You don’t know who the police are?”

The boy’s entire body shook as a memory was pulled before his eye at the mere mention of the word.

Kris and Suho were standing in the middle of the pack house, their eyes worried and aged. They had escaped red and blue flashes, loud horns and gunshots; Chanyeol had been hit and Lay was hovering over him, aiding the healing process along.  

Kai stood in front of Sehun, his broader build almost in a protective stance. Suho turned towards Sehun, his hand stretched out to ruffle the boy’s hair.

“Who did that to Chanyeol hyung?” He asked, no older than seven at the time.

Kai shushed him, seeing the darkened look on Kris hyung’s face. “These people called the police,”

“Why did they shoot him?” Kai questioned, his eyes trailing to the rest of his brothers who seemed to have gotten away unscathed. 

“Because they thought we would hurt them,” Suho interjected, staring pointedly at Kris who was about to say something.

“Are they bad?” Sehun wondered, him and Kai both looking up at Suho for an answer.

He seemed to hesitate for a second, before he replied, a warm fatherly smile flickering over his face. “Some are good, but they’re all humans, and humans are bad, don’t forget that Sehun,”

“No police,” He whispered out, his breathing becoming uneven. “Please, no police,”

Minyoung’s lips parted, a dumfounded sigh escaping them. Why was he scared of the police?

Minyoung’s eyes widened, as she whispered an inaudible “No,” The boy’s ears twitched towards her, his keen hearing picking up her hushed whispers. “I’m not aiding a fugitive am I?”

The boy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter