0 Prologue 0

The Girl Who Cried Wolf
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Girl Who Cried Wolf

0 Prologue 0

Darkness filled his eyes; his whole body burning as the moon basked him in a silvery light. He could hear his brothers’ footsteps in front of him; he just needed to catch up to them so that he was safe.

“Kai wait up,” He whispered hoarsely, knowing they could hear his quiet murmur.

A light whisper flickered along the wind, entering the boy’s ear. “Just keep running Sehun, they’re gaining on us,” A distant sound of howls and growling made the boy realise that he was on his own now.

He grunted in exhaustion as he felt his body loose the energy to run. His bare legs slapped against the rough forest ground, as he tried his best not to look behind him.

A sharp sound whizzed past the left side of his face, as he felt a sharp object nip the end of his ear. Halting to a stop, his wild eyes widened in fear as an arrow was embedded into the trunk of a tree, where his head had been moments ago.   

Trembling, he ran off course, his legs rushing to get him away from the hunters. Sweat ran down the side of his face as he stumbled around the forest. Fear flooded inside him, his stomach twisting as he ran in the opposite direction of the hunters. A sharp stab of pain filled him as he ran, ran away from the impending death that was almost certain for him. 

“You cannot outrun death, boy,” A dark voice echoed across the forest, the sound sending tremors through the boy’s fragile body. The owner of the voice let a wicked smirk split across his scarred face, as he jumped gracefully from treetop to treetop.

The hunter swooped towards the boy with deadly accuracy, scarcely missing his heart by a few inches. He collided into a tree, the rough bark piercing the soft skin of his forearm as an arrow embedded itself into his left shoulder. Lurching backwards, the boy felt a burning sensation travel through his body.  

Lifting his bow, the hunter pulled the string back, his ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter