THREE

Back To You

 


 

Class dragged on for a long time and Jihyun was about to fall asleep with her eyes wide open. English was easy, she could ace it with her eyes closed. Jesus Christ please let my next lesson be singing or even dancing, although her dancing skills were a bit rusty, she really couldn't stand being in English anymore. As if J.C himself had answered her prayers, the school bell rang for the very first time in the school year. To Jihyun's joy, the word 'Dance' was neatly printed on her schedule. At least I can't fall asleep in Dance class.

 

Sehun was in her class again. She didn't know why she noticed or how she noticed, but it might just be because he was slumped in the seat beside her once again. What do the teachers have against me? It didn't help that it reminded her of English class. Why did the Dance room have desks anyway? In front of the seats there was a single stage, where their teacher stood waiting for students to enter the classroom. Jihyun looked at the small stage, wondering how can such a small stage give her such a thrill. Her usually blank dull eyes glittered with wonder of how it would feel to perform on that stage. The stage reminded her why she was here.

 

"Hello, class. What's a better way to start a dance class by having a dance battle? Ok, you, yes you the tall one, you start." The teacher pointed at a extremely tall lanky boy who sported an awkward grin.

 

"Hi guys, I'm Chanyeol. My friends call me 'Happy Virus', but you guys aren't my friends yet so let's be friends!" The boy's smile was so wide Jihyun thought his face might just tear.

 

Music blared from the speakers, blasting an familiar upbeat song.

   

Gotta get get boom boom boom. The boy put his fist to his chest and matched his chest popping to the song. His movements were surprisingly smooth and languid, as he jumped out of his chair. After his little performance he beckoned to one of his friends with dark toned skin.

 

"Jongin, show them who's the best in this class" Chanyeol shouted and pumped his fist in the air.

 

Now Jongin's dance was seriously impressive. His movements were elegant and skilled, he must dance an awful lot. The dark skinned boy ended with a flawless body wave and threw his snapback towards the boy who was still slumped in his seat.

 

"Ei, Sehunnie. You should try look alive"

 

For a second, it looked like the hat was just going to hit the 'Ice King''s face, but then a hand shot up and the hat slid perfeclty between Sehun's fingers. He pulled the black snapback onto his head and jumped onto his desk. Sehun surprised everyone by being unbelievingly good at dancing; he moved his body perfectly in sync with the beat then stepping on to the desk beside his which was coincidentally Jihyun's desk and began to do some complicated footwork that Jihyun's mind couldn't even begin to comprehend or maybe it was just because  the black shoe marks he had left on her working area had distracted her from appreciating his dance. Jihyun noticed that there was something different about Sehun when he danced. Jihyun noticed that for one he didn't look bored anymore, in fact he looked very much alive, a small faint smile had graced his lips and you could practically feel his heart dancing to the beat of the music. So that's why he's here, answering her previous question. Sehun pointed at Chanyeol and winked at him, then jokingly imitated his previous chest popping move to the song. Gotta get get boom boom boom. He laughed, then again, he pumped his chest but this time only twice and on the last beat he did a backflip from the desk and landed gracefully on the floor. He slid over and tapped the shoulder of the boy with the reddish brown hair from English class and saying "It's your turn, Lu-ge." with a satisfied smirk on his face. The class stared at Sehun in pure awe, even Jihyun had mentally classified him as the students who got in for dancing. I don't believe his singing can better than this.

 

Most of the guys in the class had went and were all surprisingly good. The guys seemed to all know each other and joked around as they challenged their friends. A lot of the students in Jihyun's English class were also in the same dance class, thanks to the teacher's introduction activity, most of them had a faint idea of each other's name. As much as Jihyun would like to deny it, she was having a good time.

 

"Byun Baekhyun. Don't think I can't see you behind the book you are reading upside down" A guy called Jongdae yelled at his friend. Baekhyun was the last male student to dance, Jihyun recognized him as the guy who called dibs on her during English class... Bakehyun was a decent dancer, not as impressive as Jongin and Sehun but was definitely not terrible. Judging by the fact that this is Seoul Arts School we are talking about, it probably meant he was an even better singer, because Seoul Arts didn't just let in 'decent', they only let in 'undeniably talented'.

 

When Baekhyun finished his simple dance, his eyes scanned the room, and finally landed on the girl who had caught his attention. With the sudden change in music, the dance battle moved to the female students who had been waiting patiently.

 


 

"Im Jihyun. Show us that your dance skills are as good as your looks" Baekhyun winked at the girl sat in the corner of the room.

 

That cheeky hyung, hitting on a girl on the first day of school. She won't date him though, if she is as much like me as I think she is, although he is my friend, Mr. Byun here is just not the 'Ice Queen''s cup of iced tea...  

 

Girls Generation...? This is going to be interesting to watch, Sehun thought.

 

Sehun watched in amusement as Jihyun got up from her seat with a sigh, not forgetting to throw Baekhyun a glare before she marched up to the front of the room. Clack. Clack. Clack. Clack. Girls bring the boys out. She slid onto the floor with her right leg stretched out and her left hand touching the floor. Jihyun then rolled onto her back and used the strength in her lower body to jump onto the balls of her feet. This is not a move many girls could pull off, Sehun marveled. His eyes couldn't seem to leave her as he realized she was mouthing the words. She made her way over to her seat. Wait no she's coming towards me. Jihyun jumped onto Sehun's desk, a smirk playing on her lips and she mouthed "payback". I only stepped onto her desk because it was beside mine. Great. Now we have matching black desks. She took a step towards her own desk then jumped into her seat with expected agility and grace.

 

Sehun looked around the room, Baekhyun hyung's mouth was wide open and letting the flies in. This was the type of reaction every female student in Seoul Arts would crave. Well, in a dancer's point of view, she wasn't that good, she was just decent. But the energy Jihyun gave off and her presence on stage was entrancing and charismatic; a good combination and one that people don't just come by everyday. If she were to dance more she has the potential to become an extremely good dancer. She could be competition.

 


 

Why was the class looking at me like that? The dance wasn't any good, nothing worth being praised for. But Jihyun had to admit that performing gave her such an adrenaline rush, she could still feel pure energy and anticipation rushing through her veins. Jihyun couldn't stop the smile from slowly creeping onto her face. Only three things in the world had made her smile: her split-up family, performing and Hunnie.

Like that, dance class ended and Jihyun proceeded towards the noisy cafeteria. There wasn't as many people as she would have expected, but then again, it was extremely challenging to get in to Seoul Arts School. The expensive school fees provided the expensive looking eating space and food. The cafeteria was rather spacious and the tables were lined neatly to Jihyun's liking.

 

After getting her food, she settled in an empty table and began quietly spooning rice into . This is nice. Jihyun thought. But just because the world hated her, Byun Baekhyun decided this was the perfect moment to join Jihyun for lunch. Baekhyun plopped into the chair in front of her and gave her a innocently cheesy smile.

 

"Hi there, beautiful"

 

Jihyun slapped her palm onto her forehead, "Ugh no."

 

To Jihyun's utter dismay, trailing behind Baekhyun was his group of friends from class.  

 


A/N: Sehunnie being cute >.<

photo tumblr_inline_nc9ratZPF41rs1t6q_zpsryft3jnu.gif