TWO

Back To You

Sehun stirred at the feeling of sunlight streaming through the cracks of his curtains and onto his sleeping face. He groaned at uncomfortable bright light and flipped sides to avoid the sunshine, coming face to face with his clock. Blinking the sleep out of his eyes, he managed to finally decipher the numbers displayed on his clock. His eyes widened in realization, it read 8:00. . Class starts in 10 minutes. Sehun flew out out of his bed. I can't be late for the first day of school... Suho is going to be pissed and Kris is going to burn Pinku Pinku. By instinct, Sehun looked over to his bed, having a mini heart attack when he found his Rilakkuma toy buried over layers of his blackets. "Omo! Sorry Pinku Pinku!".  Sehun looked lovingly at his Rilakkuma toy that now sat comfortably on his bed and patted it's head. Glancing at the clock again, Sehun never realized that he was capable brushing his teeth while slipping on his new uniform; 5 minutes left, Sehun picked up an apple from the kitchen and swung his bag onto his 

"Hunnie, did you eat breakfast yet?" His mother yelled from the living room.

 

"Yes, omma, I'm leaving now" Sehun shouted back.


He was thankful he lived close to the school, as he ran towards the white building as if his life depended on it. 1 minute left, Sehun grabbed his schedule from the office and raced up the stairs. He arrived in front of the room and let out a long breath. He was already late, he sighed. Sorry Pinku. Sehun patted at his hair and smoothed out his uniform as he opened the door to his classroom. 

"You're late" The teacher looked at Sehun disapprovingly. No duh.


"Sorry" He bowed in response although his expression was not a least bit apologetic. 

The teacher dismissed him with a wave of her hand. Sehun immediately spotted the empty seat which his friends had saved him. 

 



Had Jihyun known that the empty seat beside her was going to be taken, she wouldn’t have chosen that seat. After she had settled down in the corner of the classroom, a boy with reddish brown hair had approached the chair next to the empty seat beside her. Jihyun was grateful at first, but as a familiar face walked in and looked to the empty chair beside her, she knew she had made the wrong decision. It was him, the guy who stole my bubble tea. Jihyun inwardly groaned at her own bad luck and refrained from slapping her hand to her forehead. She waited for the boy to look over and watched as his eyes widened a fraction, half in surprise and half in recognition; then it had left as fast as it had came and his face resumed the usual look of sheer boredom. The guy carelessly dropped his bag onto the polished floor and slumped into his chair. How on earth did bubble tea guy even get in to this school? 

"For me to get to know you students better and for you to know each other better, we will introduce the person sitting beside you in English. Does everyone understand? Great, let's get on with it" The teacher clapped her hands to signal the class to start discussing.

Jihyun turned to look at the bubble tea boy leaning against his chair with the same unwavering 'i-am-bored-out-of-my-mind' expression. 

"You owe me a new shirt" The boy said without looking up.

"And you owe me bubble tea" Jihyun countered.

The boy simply nodded in response, though not in defeat, but rather in expectance. 

 

Jihyun didn't like owing people things, whether it was money, a favour or a spilt drink on a ruined shirt. Despite it being an accident, it made her feel slightly uneasy as that she owed this rude boy a shirt that was probably quite expensive. That damned shirt had large letters "HBA" printed on it, an idiot could tell that shirt would cost all of Jihyun's pocket money. Not paying back a debt would only be burdening and it would most definitely end in a big mess; Jihyun knew from experience. 

"Oh Sehun, 16, dance and rap" 

The sharp voice was a knife cutting through her deep thoughts. It took a second for Jihyun to take in what he just said, then another second to appreciate the simpleness of his introduction, before answering, "Im Jihyun, 16, singing"  At least now I don't have to call him bubble tea guy in my head... 

 

Somehow both were clueless to the fact that this was not the first time they have met, nor the first time they have introduced each other in class.

 


 

Sehun was welcomed with a flick on his ear.

 

"Ouch" Sehun was half expecting it as he turned to face the wrath of Suho.

 

"Sehun. You promised me yesterday that you would be on time to school." Suho dissaprovingly lectured his younger friend as if he were a parent talking to his child.

 

"Aish, Suho hyung, my alarm clock broke, just let me off this once." Sehun looked at Suho with big eyes.

 

"I've been letting you off since our Primary school days" His friend sighed and turned back to the board.

 

Sat beside Suho, Chanyeol's face was all smiles as he faced Baekhyun "I told you he'd be late, I win. Now hand me my money." He held out his palm expectantly. 

 

"You had a bet on whether I was going to be late?" Sehun shook his head in disbelief.

 

Baekhyun nodded as he reluctantly fished for his wallet and pulling out bills, "Yah Oh Sehun, you even swore on Pinku Pinku that you won't be late this school year, I thought you loved that dumb toy" 

 

"You know, you told Kris you were going to drive him to school today, he's going to burn that bear." Luhan retorted with a snort.

 

Oh no. I hope Kris is not in any of my lessons. 

 



The couple stood as his partner and his own name were called by the teacher, together, they walked towards the front of the classroom.  The class immediately erupted into a series of whispers and murmurs.

"Omo, he's so handsome" A female student whispered to her friend.

"Are they brothers and sisters? Their expressions are identical" Another commented.

"I call dibs on the girl" Baekhyun called out just loud enough for the class to hear but not loud enough for the teacher to take notice. 

The teacher hushed at the class, though not at all surprised at the class' reaction to the couple. They both had idol-like visuals, which as much as the teachers tried to deny, would definitely heighten the student's chance of debuting. 

Sehun's eyebrow lifted at the commotion and turned to his partner to gauge her reaction. She seemed to be busy glaring at poor Baekhyun. Hmm so she doesn't like attention. That's rather uncommon for someone who goes to a school that trains students to become idols. But who am I to judge, I'm the same.

"Um...This is Im Jihyun, she's 16 and she sings" Sehun nodded at Jihyun.

"Oh Sehun, 16, he dances and raps...yeah. That's it." 10 years of speaking English during her stay in the U.S had resulted to fluent flawless English.

 

The class stared at her in amazement.

"Well, that was very...simple. Jihyun, it says here you have lived in the U.S for a bit; no wonder your English is almost better than mine. Ms Kim chuckled at her own joke. "Nevertheless, any questions?" The teacher looked expectantly at the class.

A student waved her hand rapidly in the air "By any chance, are the two of you dating?" 

"No." Jihyun and Sehun answered at the simultaneously and without pause.


The student who asked smiled, obviously pleased with their answer, as the two slowly made their way back to their seats. 

"They're like the 'Ice Queen' and 'Ice King'" The students whispered excitedly. 

Sehun expected this kind of reaction, because it was the same at his old school; people were all the same. Students pestered him with questions and confessions, but she was different, she sat still and unmoving, her eyes seemingly glued to the board. If not for the activity, Sehun doubted she would have even acknowledged him. Other than the occasional scrunch of her forehead, Jihyun didn't move at all, much less attempt to get to know her neighbor. Judging by their conversation or more like the lack thereof, it might've been clear the girl was a quiet one. 
Maybe it was because of the bubble tea incident or maybe she was really just the general 'Ice Queen' but to say Oh Sehun was surprised would be the understatement of the year. 

 

Sehun felt a tap on his shoulder and turned around "Hey man, you got lucky, your partner is a pretty one. But she looks just as pissed off as you. " Luhan chuckled.

"She was the one who spilled my favorite drink all over my favourite shirt." Sehun replied, skillfully avoiding commenting on the part about Jihyun being pretty.

He wasn't going to deny the obvious fact that her parents must have given her really good genes, that or plastic surgery. It also didn't help that she must be extremely talented to have gotten in Seoul Arts High. She was the whole package. Thankfully, she did seem to have a flaw; afterall she has been named the 'Ice Queen', not that he knew her very well, but from Sehun's few ecounters with the girl he has observed she just seemed like an icy . Although it hasn't escaped his notice that she was exactly his type.


 

A/N: Yeah, I forgot how old Sehun is in this story, although he is probably not old enough to drive oops. 

 

photo tumblr_ms8m1f4uKW1stcyrto3_500_zpse3ss9hra.gif