ONE

Back To You

 



It has been 10 years since Jihyun had set foot on Korean soil. She was finally home. Jihyun still remembered the day she had left her father, the day she had left her first friend and the day she had left her home. After her parent’s divorce, her mother had taken custody of her, and had immediately left for America in search of a fresh start.

“Pack your bags, Hyun, we are leaving for America first thing tomorrow” 

Jihyun, being 6 at the time, had absolutely no idea what was happening and simply did as she was told. 

“Omma, when will we go back to Korea?” Jihyun asked.

“Sweetie, don’t you like it here? The air is so much fresher and there is more space for you to play” Jihyun's mother avoided her daughter's quesiton.

“Yes, but I miss appa” 

At that, Jihyun’s mother pulled her into a tight hug, a few tears slipping from her eyes and falling on her unknowing daughter’s head. 

Jihyun's mother paused and replied in a soft voice “It will be a long vacation, sweetie, just you and me” 

 



Jihyun took a deep breath and exhaled, feeling the anxiety slowly leave her. For someone who disliked being on planes so much, she had travelled way too much for her own liking. Jihyun arrived in her father’s home, a simple yet modern apartment, nowhere near as big as her home in America but sufficient nevertheless. 

“Hyun-ah, I’ve missed you” Jihyun's father said as he walked towards her with open arms.

Jihyun was encased in her father’s bone-crushing hug, her face buried in his shoulders, hiding the smile that had slowly crept up her face; she was content, but her lungs were telling a completely different story.

“A-air, I can’t breathe, appa” 

Jihyun’s father reluctantly let go his daughter whom he had not seen in 10 years and took a step back to look at his grown daughter.

“Aigoo, look at my beautiful daughter, you’ve grown so much” Jihyun's father said proudly. 

Jihyun’s father pinched his daughter’s cheeks and smiled, the skin near his eyes creasing. My baby has grown up without me. Jihyun had seen the wisps of white hair on her father’s head as he hugged her and the faint wrinkles on his forehead as he smiled at her. I should’ve been here with him, Jihyun thought.

“You what?” Jihyun's mother repeated her question.

“I got in, omma, I got in Seoul Arts High” Jihyun replied in a unbelieving voice.

Jihyun stared in daze at the letter in her hands, she couldn’t believe she was actually accepted in the school of her dreams. 

“You applied without telling me?” Her mother asked accusingly.

Jihyun’s mother never was very supportive of her dreams of becoming a singer, being a successful lawyer herself, she believed that the path of a singer was too hard and didn’t want that for her only daughter. Not thinking that she would ever get accepted, Jihyun had applied for Korea’s most prestigious Arts school. After weeks of pleading and begging on repeat, her mother’s resolve finally crumbled. 

“Fine. On one condition, if you ever get hurt, even a scratch, you are coming straight back to Vancouver. Understand?"


“W-” Jihyun began,

“Or you could just stay here and go to law school”

“Araso, omma, araso” 

Jihyun’s mother had refused to allow Jihyun to live alone in a big city where she didn’t know anyone, so it was useless to deny that having Jihyun live with her father was the most ideal plan.

 



Jihyun spent the weekend with her father, walking through the streets of Seoul to catch up with her father and to shop for new furniture to fill up her currently empty room. As her father went to the washroom, she decided that she needed a quick drink. She wandered to a nearby tea shop and ordered 2 cups of bubble tea for herself and her father. 

“Jihyun-ah” Someone yelled.

Jihyun spun around at the sound of her name, the cup of bubble tea coming in contact with a body standing behind her. The unfortunate guy ended up drenched in her bubble tea, and to make matters worse, Jihyun could see the black tapioca slowly sliding off his soaked shirt and onto the floor. Aish, so embarrassing… 

“I’m so sorry” Jihyun bowed politely in apology as she handed the guy tissue from her pocket. 

The guy didn’t hesitate to take it from her hands and uselessly dab at his dripping shirt. When he finally looked up, his eyes came in contact with familiar brown eyes. Jihyun took note in the fact that he was extremely handsome. He had a sharp jawline that matched his angular features and crescent shaped eyes. When he smiles, his dimples would show and so would his smile lines... Jihyun looked rather shocked at the information she had somehow unknowingly acquired. He does look kind of familiar, now that I think of it… 

“You should be more careful,” A deep voice interrupted her thoughts. 

The guy plucked the remaining cup of bubble tea out of Jihyun’s other hand and left. Wow, what an . As he left, Jihyun’s father had finally spotted his daughter and walked towards her.

“Where have you been, Hyun-ah, I’ve been looking for you” Jihyun's father asked in a worried voice. 

“I was buying bubble tea because I was thirsty, appa”

“Huh? Where is the bubble tea then?" He looked confused.

“Um, I spilt it” Jihyun wondered if she should tell him the entire story but decided it was rather pointless to share her encounter with the bubble tea guy. Dad doesn't need to know about that jerk.


Father and daughter proceeded to buy their bubble tea, oblivious to the gaze of a certain someone observing from a distance. The girl is called Jihyun? I knew someone who went by that name... But she does looks strangely familiar, I've seen those brown eyes somewhere. He shrugged his shoulders and scratched his blonde head. Probably not her, I mean, there are like millions of people with the same name, he thought as he sipped his stolen bubble tea, and headed towards his group of friends.
 



Jihyun was a person with lots of thoughts that just never made it to , at her old school she had liked to keep to herself. She was quickly labeled 'Ice Queen' by her class, not that she minded though, she just preferred it if people respected her space. Her classmates didn't dislike her, but they didn't particularly like her either, they just seemed to be intimidated by the intensity of the cold aura that surrounded her. People say it's the result of her parent's divorce, but in reality they just preferred denying the fact that she was just born this way. The very first friend she had ever made had took him 3 years to get through those impenetrable walls. They met when they were 3 years old, little Hunnie was the boy who lived next door. Jihyun had heard his mother calling him 'Hunnie', so young Jihyun had naively believed that that was indeed the little boy's name and had called him that ever since. The boy never had a problem with that, as most people he knew did call him that, but he did find it ridiculously funny when they were told at school to introduce their partner, and Jihyun had introduced him as Hunnie; when the teacher had asked for his real name.

She had replied with a confused tilt of a head, "Just Hunnie, his name is just Hunnie"

It was a pity she had lost contact with her friend when she left for America, she missed him sometimes. Aigoo, he should be the same age as me now, I wonder how he looks like... With that thought, she drifted into a deep sleep.

 



A/N: Yay here is a cute Sehun for you :) Enjoy the story, I'll try update more often.

photo tumblr_nfksk5bEZZ1tm5l2po1_500_zpsnu2ji7je.gif