Syzygy

Crime of Passion

Syzygy

the nearly straight-line configuration of three celestial bodies

 

 

It turns out that trying to find a chair for Ryeowook took longer than expected. The twins thought it would be a simple problem with an easy solution. But luck never went their way. Both Chen and Kyungsoo enlisted the help of Kai whom they had to meet up with first because Kai had the car they needed. Kyungsoo had ridden his bike to Kais house which was only a few blocks away with Chen sitting on the back of the bike hanging on for dear life, as Kyungsoo screamed at people to get out of the way and for him to balance and to stop being pathetic. They had live on Branders Street and Kai lived on Rosemary Street. It was a basic simple route most of the time. The key word being most.

 

The boys left their house going left down their street on the bike path before they came to the intersection of Branders and Summers Streets and took a left onto Summers Street. Kyungsoo then decided that everyone in his path was going to get yelled at because, he explained many times that the bike path was for bikers, not illegally parked cars or a couple making out that they had to swerve by to not crash into, which in turn got Chen yelled at for not keeping balance. They past the old town clock tower down Summers Street and then Kyungsoos work where the owner waved to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo waved back while Chen screamed in panic for him to look at the road and bike. At the intersection of Summers and Burgundy they did a quick rapid turn right that almost sent Chen flying off the bike. They passed six little family shops and two houses before they waited on the light to turn green at the intersection of Burgundy and Rosemary. Passing a variety of old brick townhomes the two stopped at 88 Rosemary. Chen then proceeded to kiss the ground below him and swore that he would never ride a bike with Kyungsoo again. Kai greeted them both, laughed at Chen, and then he hugged Kyungsoo.

 

“How was the ride here Kyungsoo?” Kai questioned the elder as he took the bike from his side so he could go put it up in his house.

 

“It was good. Almost ran into some people and a car but other than that good. Chen almost made us fall over though.” He replied as he followed Kai up to the house.

 

The house on 88 Rosemary was nothing fancy or special. It had the same two story brick exterior that all of the other townhomes had. It had a  door that was on it’s left and then a bay window to the right of it allowing for a view of the living room and then the kitchen. The house was smaller than the twins - it only had one bedroom upstairs rather than two but Kai said that it fit him perfectly so they never said anything. The only thing that was off putting about Kais home was the overwhelming amount of chicken decorations that covered the inside of the house.

 

“Soo when are we going to the store?” A voice asked from behind them cause both Kyungsoo and Kai to jump in fright. Kai dropped the bike and Kyungsoo grabbed it before it hit the floor and then glared at the new comer who had one of his arms thrown around Chen who now had a small smirk playing on his face and mischief dancing through his eyes. Kyungsoo frowned and Chen smiled. Kai opened the door and took the bike from Kyungsoo and he let the bike lie gently against the inner walls of the house in the entryway. Once the owner of the bike saw that his ‘baby’ was in a safe place he turned and glared at his brother and now the giant troll that had thrown an arm around him.

 

“Chanyeol what are you doing here?” Kyungsoo asked almost afraid of the answer. Chanyeol just smiled.

 

“I am coming with you to pick out a chair!” Chanyeol The giant troll answered mockingly. As Chen doubled over in laughter. Kai who was just now turned around after locking up his house just laughed at the situation that they were in now. He pulled his car keys out of his pocket and went to his car leaving the other three to stumble behind him. The three stopped once they saw the car and Kai just laughed at them as he was unlocking his car. The car happened to be a two door volkswagen beetle.

 

“I call dibs on front!” Is all Chanyeol yelled before rushing to the car. Chen and Kyungsoo stood still for a moment before yelling at Chanyeol and racing after him. The end game was the Chanyeol would get the front due to the legroom that he needed and the twins would sit in the back, much to their distaste. Sitting in the back behind Chanyeol allowed for Chen to do something though, it allowed him to poke Chanyeol and tickle him until he got yelled at by Kai to stop moving and to stop distracting the driver.


 

///

 

Once they had gotten to the store, Kai had to find the perfect parking spot for his baby, and Kyungsoo had to stop both Chanyeol and Chen from trying to strangle the driver due to his taste in music. His taste in music being a repeat of Walking On Sunshine by Katrina and The Waves on repeat the whole way accompanied by horrible singing. Kyungsoo himself had wanted to strangle Kai but he was the only one who could drive out of the three of them and they needed to get this bench for hyung, so when he came back he would have a place to sit at when they all ate together, and after all of that they could strangle Kai.


“This is the perfect parking spot!” Kai laughed at his words softly, unaware of the killing intent around him. Chanyeol now had a vein about to pop out of his forehead and Chen was muttering about how he would kill Kai in the most painful way possible. Kyungsoo felt his hand twitch and he was now starting to go back on his words about not strangeling Kai at the given time. They had seen this spot the moment they pulled into the parking lot, and now a good seven minutes later they were in the spot. Kai was about to reverse out of the parking spot - claiming that his parking was off and that he needed to fix it.

 

“Kai if you value your life, you will turn this car off and let us out.” Kyungsoo whispered to Kai finally at his breaking point. Kai felt shivers run down his spin and he turned the car off and got out quickly. Kyungsoo pulled the seat up and squeezed out, along with Chen following quickly behind him. Chanyeol basically jumped out of the car the moment it had stopped and called it the spawn of satan. Kyungsoo went over a mental check list inside of his head. Got to Kais - check. Went to store - check. Stop Chanyeol from murdering Kai - check. Have a chair for hyung - no check.


 

///

 

Trying to find a chair was harder than what Kyungsoo could have ever thought. Once the group had entered the store they all made a beeline for the chair/kitchen section. There were chairs that Kyungsoo liked and ones that Chen liked, but none that either could agree on. The ideal thought was to get a mint green colour but the store had not had that, or anything close to it. Kyungsoo had planned that this could of happened which is why he had enlisted the help of Kai. Kai would side with him over Chen anyday. But Chanyeol was with them, and Chanyeol had this strange fixation on making Kyungsoos life as miserable as possible. In the end it came down to two very different chairs. Chen had picked up a light gray stool, he claimed that they could decorate it with some mint ribbon and add various paint splatters to it if wanted. It was an open canvas that could be used by them to morph it into what they wanted. Chanyeol loved the idea, Kyungsoo however had not. He found a nice little bench that could fit two people - three if it was absolutely necessary. It was a dark brown finish or some random oak that Kyungsoo had not bother to read about. Kyungsoo saw it as something that both him and his hyung could use, Chen saw it as a pricy bench that took up to much room. Kyungsoo had Kai to support him with the bench idea, thus an argument ensued. The argument that in turn got them kicked out of the store.

 

Chen had thrown a chair pillow at Kyungsoo, Kai in return had then thrown one at Chen but it had hit Chanyeol instead. Chanyeol in turn had gone to throw it back but missed  Kai completely and hit glass. Very breakable glass at the point which fell of the display case it had been resting on and gravity decided that it was still working and it shattered into pieces. Before an employee from the store showed up Kai basically disappeared with the bench Kyungsoo was holding and, before Kyungsoo could say anything he was being yelled at along with Chen and Chanyeol by an angry old man who walked them to the front of the store and kicked them out.

 

“Does anyone know where Kai went?” Chanyeol asked looking around for the youngest of the group.


“You should've just said yes Kyungsoo. We could have decorated the chair, and he would have loved it but noooooo, you want that stupid bench that is over priced and too big.” Chen complained using jazz hands for a more dramatic effect. Kyungsoo had to bite down a reply that he knew would leave Chen in tears. Chen knew nothing about Ryeowook, and Kyungsoo knew everything about him in return. Ryeowook said he had not picked favourites with the two of them but Kyungsoo knew the truth. Ryeowook was his hyung, Chen had been able to make friends with everyone as a younger child, he was always the popular one of the two and left Kyungsoo behind on more than one occasion. Ryeowook was always there for Kyungsoo though, readings to him and helping him with his homework when no one else would. Everything was nice before that man came into the picture and stole his Ryeowook away from him.

 

“KIM JONGIN!” Chen was pointing now at the boy carrying a bench over his shoulder with a giant shoulder. Chen was actually left speechless for once, and Kyungsoo wished that he had a camera to record this but the moment he saw the bench his eyes lit up. He ran to Kai - who honestly wasn’t that far away due to the fact that they all waited out in front of the store for him to appear. The moment he was in arms reach he pulled Kai into a hug and began jumping up and down in excitement. Chanyeol looked at the bench and frowned.

 

Kyungsoo - 1 Chen - 0

 

“Guys how are we going to all fit in the car with that?” Chanyeol asked causing everyone to pause for a moment and look at him. Kai and the bench were going in the car no matter what, so that basically took up the back seats and then the drivers seat. Chen or Kyungsoo probably squeeze in the back with the bench but they couldn’t at the same time. Chanyeol got the front due to his adnormal height compared to the rest of them. The solution would be easy if they could have used the trunk but Kai had all of his dance equipment in it. With all of his dance equipment in the trunk not everyone could fit in the car. This led to a problem.

 

“Chanyeol you live a block away from here!” Kyungsoo said with a creepy smile forming on his face as he turned around to face the giant. Chanyeol frowned, and Kyungsoo took a step closer towards him with the ever creepy smile getting creepier. “You can go home and get your bike and then meet up at my house, right?” Kyungsoo asked in a dark voice. Chanyeol felt chills run down the back of his neck for a quick moment until he realized that it was Kyungsoo telling him this, not someone who could actually cause harm to him. The giant laughed and nodded and basically walked away from them. Once his back was turned from the group his face became serious. He needed to ask Kyungsoo a few questions about this ‘hyung’ of theirs. He found it weird that they used the korean term rather than the english. In all honestly, he found them strange in general.


 

///

 

Two Days Later

Sunday, November 15th

 

///

 

Chen sigh as he looked out the store window and watched people pass by in their daily rushes with life. The stupid bench that Kai had bought now replaced the spot where Kyungsoos chair use to be. They had not done anything to the bench yet other than the fact that Chen had found Kyungsoo carving his name in the bench at six in the morning yesterday along with Ryeowook's once he had been finished with his name. Kyungsoo was weird - but still his brother so he let is pass, but still really weird. Chen wanted to slam his face down onto the counter in front of him. He worked in a small bookshop, and by small he meant small, cramped, and it smelled of old books that had never been touched before. The main room was around the size of thirty feet by twenty feet, and in that enclosed space where bookshelves along the walls and some not on the walls. A random chair was place near a bookshelf that had been bought used and worn. There was a deep forest green wallpaper that covered all of the walls with a light green design running along it. The flooring probably had to be replaced along with the pipes, and it was very boring working at a place that people rarely came into. They only reason they were still probably open is because of the fact quite a few people had packages delivered to the bookstore rather than the post office, they ordered books and they would have to come to the bookstore to pick them up rather than have the post office deliver it to their house- Chen didn’t understand it at all and neither did Kyungsoo when he asked him about it. The sound of a chime alerted him that someone had entered the store and Chen looked to see who it was.

 

Lu-ing-Han had just entered his store. Chen went on the immediate offense. Luhan had been a weird kid back in highschool from what he was told by both Chanyeol and Kai. He had to do a doubletake to make sure that it was Luhan the shy weird twenty-four year old who had basically from what he was told worn a mask of shyness throughout highschool, beneath the mask was a cold, dark, manipulative man. Out of all of the times Chen saw him he would always been mumbling words in Chinese that made no sense to him. He would be able to catch simple words, but more than often Luhan would use a word that Chen couldn’t even guess the meaning on and pick up speed with his words when he realized that Chen would be watching him, taunting him with a smirk as he did it.

 

“Kim Jongdae!” Luhan yelled at him with a glare forming on his face. A glare that could give Kyungsoo a run for his money anyday. Chen snapped out of his daze and looked at him with confusion written in his eyes.

 

“My books please and thank you” he hissed out “I’ve already paid before you ask now, go get them.” The glare that had been forming was now a look of disgust as he look at Chen. Chen felt goosebumps form on his arms as Luhans eyes looked over him. He walked ran to the back room to find his package. Luhan always came to pick up a package of books and, his package was one of the easiest to find. The reason being is that on the package itself was Chinese. Everything that he ordered had come from China. He knew the wrath of an angry Luhan when his patience had run out and he did not want to repeat what had happened the first time he had gotten a package for Luhan again, so Chen picked up the package - it was heavier than normal and quickly walked to the front where Luhan was waiting with a mocking smile on his face. Before he could set the package down on the counter it was basically ripped out of his hands like it was every time, and even though it happened every time it did not mean that he didn’t flinch and feel like a deer about to be attacked by a wolf. Luhan turned his back and left the storm without even saying goodbye, but instead when he reached the dorm about to leave he turned around and gave Chen a smile that easily beat out every creepy Kyungsoo smiled he had seen.


“ xièxie Jongdae” Luhan sung out as he left the store, Chens goosebumps were back but in the end, Chen was just happy that he was away from the Chinese man.

 

 


xièxie - thank you ; Chinese

Thank you to all of those who had subscribed. Sorry this took so long to get out. I've change some of the timing of the plot which is why Hyungsik is no longer under characters anymore. I hope everyone is having or had a wonderful break and happy 2015.

 

Side note I changed fonts becuase I personally believe that it is eaiser on the eyes, if you want me to change back tohugh I will. I also spaced things out a little more too. I also hope that the chapters will get longer as I write. Also this is all unedited, so sorry if there are any mistakes.


I own none of the characters in the story on a side note, just the plot line and town.