Kantikoy

Crime of Passion

Kantikoy;

To dance as an act of worship

 

Snow fell softly and the wind dance around in the air. The streets were empty with everyone staying inside keeping warm. Kyungsoo was just now leaving the part-time job that he got working at a bookstore, he had to close up the shop much to his luck. He glanced around his surroundings to see that he had been at the town square. A clock tower was the centerpiece of the town, from what everyone says it the clock tower had been around for at least 200 years. Surrounding the clocktower were various little shops all lined along the road. It was a small little town that had only petty crimes. An overall ideal place for a small family.

The population was not over 5,000, so therefore everyone was close with each other and watched out for each other. Much to Kyungsoos and Chens surprise when they were first relocated to the town after the accident they were not the only Koreans that were in the town. There was two other Korean families and one Chinese family. The Parks, Kims, and Lus. The Park household had only one son - Park Chanyeol who came off as a giant idiot but, he knew his way around and had contacts everywhere. He was not a man to anger, but to the luck of most his was never quick to anger. He was a lovable goofball who everyone liked but, even after all of that there was something off about him. Kim Jongin, also known as Kai was taller than both Chen and Kyungsoo but he was no where near as tall as Chanyeol. He had a passion for dance and could always be found in the dance studio or at the park enjoying the small things in life. The Lus had a son whose name was Luhan but that was about as much as people knew. There was some cousin or friend named Xiumin that whenever Luhan went out would always talk about. No one however had seen Xiumin before except Luhan so no one knew what to make of his stories.

 

Danji neol saranghae ireohke malhaetji

 

Kyungsoo almost screamed when his phones ring tone went off. He looked down to see that it was Chen calling and sigh.

 

“When did you change my ringtone?”

“Last night, you didn;t notice until now? You such a slow person. Where are you? Are you coming home?”

Kyungsoo zoned out as he listened to Chen babble on and on, asking random questions out of the blue.

“I had to close tonight, you know that I left a note on the table at noon while you were at work.”

Kyungsoo waited for a moment before he heard movement from the other then a crash to the floor followed by some curses, and then followed by more walking. “You haven’t gotten out of bed since you’ve been home have you?”

 

“Nooo why would I?” This was one of the key differences with the twins. Kyungsoo liked to get things done quickly and correctly, as to where Chen was the kind of person to do things last minute or not even do the thing at all.

“Have you eaten anything yet?” Kyungsoo asked fearing the answer. After a moment of silence he knew the answer and wanted to go and bang his head on the building wall next to him. “I’ll be home in under 10 minutes and don’t touch anything in my kitchen.” He ordered before he hung up the phone. Chen could cook to an extent, but after the ramen disaster he was banned from using the stove, oven, and microwave. To this day Kyungsoo never knew how Chen had be able to get the smoke detector to go off and ramen in the vents in under 5 minutes of him leaving the kitchen. Needless to say Chen would remain banned for life after that.

 

Chen worked the mornings and afternoons and Kyungsoo worked afternoons and at times the night rush. They could not afford college yet, but they did have a nice two bedroom town house, and they had more than enough money to get by when needed. Kyungsoo was walking when he realized that he was on his street getting his mind out of his cluttered thoughts he went up to his house and unlocked the door. He was greeted with the sight of Chen sitting on the loveseat to the left of him. It in Kyungsoos eyes was an ugly green with equally matching ugly yellow pillows. Chen loved it.


“So how was work Soosoo?” Chen asked as he stalked the younger of the two twins to the kitchen. He would've made dinner but apparently you get ramen in the vents once and everyone loses it and you're suddenly banned from cooking. The kitchen was connected to the living room. In the kitchen was a dark wood table with a mess of four chairs that were all different. The one that said Kyungsoo looked the closest thing to normal with the name being carved in it while, the chairs that said Kai and Chanyeol had various paint splatters and carvings in it. Chen thought that his chair took the crown due to the fact that it was a chair that had feathers in various places duck taped down, paint splatters, carvings, and a leg of the chair was covered in buttons. Kyungsoo called the trio immature in response the trio called him boring. Kyungsoo ran after them with his random bamboo stick and they all had matching bruise the next day.

Besides the table there was not much to the kitchen. Lining the back wall was the fridge, sink, oven with a stove above it, and counter space. The microwave was in the corner where the walls meet. They were originally going to hang it but after a failed attempt and Kyungsoo going to the emergency room, they decided to keep it on the counter. They had a small cupboard that was against the wall that held their dry goods and their dishes and cooking wear in a assorted arrangement in the cabinets.

 

“It was fine, not too busy this time around. Pizza ok?” Kyungsoo was looking in the fridge and at the moment the cold pizza was looking like the best thing to eat. He grabbed the bag the leftover pizza was in and shut the fridge. If pizza wasn’t good enough for Chen then he could starve till morning.

 

“When is pizza not ok?” Chen exclaimed as he grabbed the plate the Kyungsoo put half of the pizza in the bag on. He went to his chair and dug in. Kyungsoo mumbled something about him being inconsiderate and put the rest of the pizza on his plate, leaving the bag on the counter. He moved over to his chair and began to eat. It was quite but not awkward. Both knew that their minds were focused on a certain subject that neither wanted to talk about.

 

“Do you think we should get Hyung a chair?” Kyungsoo asked out of the blue causing Chen to stop eating and look at him with confused eyes. Kyungsoo returned the look Chen was giving him with a frown and cold eyes. Chen hated when his brother got like this. Just the mention of their older brother would get Kyungsoo to do a 180 degree turn on his personality.

“We’ve talked about this Soosoo.” Chen frowned with his eyes becoming more hallow. He had not had the close relationship that his other two brothers had. Ryeowook cared about him but it always seemed like Kyungsoo was his favourite. He asked Ryeowook about it once only to be pulled into a tight hug and after that Ryeowook did not let him out of his sight, but it felt like even though he was looking after him Kyungsoo would be on his mind. Kyungsoo was no help either. By the time the three had gotten to America and settled in with their new family be essentially became Ryeowook's living shadow. It had gotten worse after the accident when - a bang interrupted his train of thought as he quickly looked up to see Kyungsoo close to tears.


“I just want my older brother back Jongdae.” Kyungsoo stuttered out with tears starting to form and fall. He had used Chens full name, something had gotten to him severely. Chen sigh and got up pizza forgotten. He moved closely to Kyungsoo and pulled him into a hug with tears starting to form in his eyes.

 

“I know Soo, I do too. We’ll find that man and then our Hyung and go back to being a family.” Chen whispered. He needed to change the topic before Kyungsoo had a full break down.

“We can get him a chair too. How about a light green one? - A mint one! With ribbons around it in silver or something like that.” He felt Kyungsoo sniffing below him and sigh. He was the one who normally had the breakdowns about Hyung not Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had been the anchor after what had happened.

 

After a few minutes the two brother separated. Chen glanced at the clock and saw that it was nearing 11:50pm and frowned.

 

“So like I know you are having your whole Oscar performance going on Soo but I need to go to sleep, and so do you - you have terrible bags  under your eyes. I wonder how you don’t scare customers away looking like that.” Chen said with a hint of teasing in his voice. He dodged a fist heading for his chest and danced around the kitchen to leave it. He raced up the stairs to his bedroom, hearing yells about how Kyungsoo has going to make his life horrid and that he would starve because he wasn’t going to be getting any food the rest of the week.


“I love you too Kyungsoo! You need to work on your performance though - you would be able to beat Leo with that!” Chen jokingly yelled through his now locked door. A loud bang hit his door causing him to jump back and then trip on laundry that he didn't bother to do yet which caused him to fall to the floor. He then heard Kyungsoo mutter about how he should sleep with one eye open and how he had the keys to every room in the house. Chen just laughed, got up, and changed into his pajamas. He fell to his bed and curled up around under the blankets. A stuffed giraffe was pulled to his chest before he let sleep overtake him.

 

 

Two subscribers! Thank you ^_^!

I hope you enjoy this, it will have a slow build.

I hope you enjoyed with and I don't own anything except for the plot of the story.