Pictures of the Past

I Loved You Once

Looking around Taemin's bedroom, I noticed the photos hanging on the wall above his desk. Taemin was taking his time doing... I don't even know what he's doing anymore. After staring at them from across the room, curiosity got the better of me. Within moments I was standing in front of the desk looking at the photos. There was plenty to take in, photos of Taemin and his friends from the different camps he went to; photos of him participating in school plays and musicals; and on top of all of that photos of him with us- his school friends.

The most recent photo with me in it had Jonghyun hugging my arm while Taemin was jumping up, pushing down on our shoulders. The greenery in the background was just starting to change colors for the start of autumn and there was a bright spot in one of the top corners from the sun shining into the lens. We had gone to the park to have a random fun day with a group of ten, most of which backed out at the last minute.

Going back a little further- I found a picture that was covered, reaching over I gently moved the photos covering it. As soon as I caught sight of the photo I couldn't help but to cover it back up. The picture was over a year old, but the smiles are the same as though it were just yesterday. It was taken before... everything. Before the kiss, before the heartbreak, before I even knew of Jonghyun's presence; yet the smiling faces were undeniably true, pure, and happy. I held my breath as I moved the photos covering it once more. It was still there- clear as day. I remember that day well. We were celebrating Taemin's birthday and Key had wanted to make everything by hand. EVERYTHING. From food to decorations, if he could make it by hand- he was determined to make it for this party. Everything had been going smoothly until Key had asked Minho to help him bake cookies. Within minutes everything and everyone was coated in a layer of flour. On the court or the field (depending on the sport) Minho was more than graceful; in the kitchen however, Minho was a nightmare walking. When Taemin came in to see what happened he instantly grabbed the camera and took a photo of his flour-covered friends. Key didn't know Taemin that well, but he really cared for the kid. Then again, maybe it was just because Taemin was there to be my friend while Key had his boyfriend. Other than that, why did Taemin keep it here if he was simply going to cover the photo? What's the purpose?

"Minho-hyung?"

Taemin's voice interrupted my thoughts and I quickly fixed the pictures before turning to face him.

"Hey Tae, everything okay?" I asked as we walked over to his bed. We both took a seat on the edge of the matress, and he looked at me. I could nearly see how upset and guilty he felt.

"I'm sorry, hyung. I promise I would have told you if I had remembered, I was just... distracted." I reached out and ruffled his hair a little.

"It's alright Tae, just promise you won't forget anything important like that in the future?" I gave him a smile when he nodded, "Great. Now, what did I ask you to promise?"

"Hyung!" Tae shouted at me.

"Taemin!" I by using the same tone.

He sighed before responding, "I promise that I won't forget to tell you anything important in the future." He stuck his tongue out at me.

We talked for a little while longer, but I evaded the one question he asked several times- "What were you doing when I first came in, hyung?" What was I to tell him? Reminiscing over my first love with Key because of a picture on his wall? No. Definitely not.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Why hello there my dearest patient and amazing readers and subscribers! ^-^ I am currently sending you all hugs via the internet because you have been extraordinarily patient with this foolish author! ^-^ *hugs*

I'm sorry it took so long to upload, but alas! I still can't update as often as I would like. >.< I have over 40 hours of work (didn't feel like doing the exact mathematics) scheduled for this coming week ALONE and that's not including the days they will ask me to come in earlier or stay later. So, thank YOU so much for being wonerful, patient, kind, and understanding that I have made Minho a sentimental fool. ^-^ Sorry, I'm a bit random! ^-^

Thanks so much again!

~BaiLingLing <3