The Returning....

I Loved You Once

 

~Two Weeks Later~

I stopped talking to Key. I basically cut all ties with him. I don't answer his calls, I don't read his messages, I delete his emails, I ignore him in the hallways and at after school activities. It hurts, but I'm not who he needs- Onew is who he needs.

"Minho-hyung! Did you hear? Key got back together with Onew- again!"

Taemin excitedly informed me. I smiled, "That's good. They deserve each other. They're both great people and they love each other so much..." The pain in my heart was still there, it was not as harsh, but I felt it.

"Hey, hyung?"

"Yeah, Minnie?"

"Key talked to me today." I felt myself stiffen, "He wants to know when you're going to talk to him again."

Taemin knew. Taemin knew more than I wanted him to know, but there was nothing I could do about that now. I sighed, I seem to be doing a lot of that lately, "When I've moved on, Minnie. As soon as I can look at Key and not feel guilty for having feelings for him. Once I've found someone that I love more than him and that loves me back. That's when I can talk to him again."

Taemin just nodded. He understood, at least he acted like he did. "What do you want me to tell Key-hyung, then"

I sighed again, "Tell him when I'm ready I'll contact him. He shouldn't be bogging you down with something that's between us." I smiled. It was a pathetic smile, I know that, but it was all I could attempt for now.

~*~*~*~

~The Following Year~

"Minho? Yeobo? Are you alright?" I snapped back to face Jonghyun- my boyfriend.

"Yeah, Jjongie, I'm fine." No, I'm not- he's back. He left to study abroad, I pushed him out of my mind and my heart and he's back- why? It's a two year program!
"Are you sure?" I nodded my head and smiled. Key is not my problem, Jonghyun is my boyfriend and that's all that matters. "Alright then, after we finish our meal did you want to go see a movie?"
"I would love to, Jonghyun. Did you have any ideas as to what we should see?"
Jonghyun started listing off his ideas as I half-listened. I looked at Jonghyun the entire time he spoke, but my mind was focused on the fact that he was back. Not only was he back, he was just across the room. Just across the room sitting at the same exact table as that day. The day I regret.
"So what do you think, Minho?" I smiled. I hadn't heard a word he had said in the last five minutes- that is not a good thing. I gave a shrug trying to pass the responsibility back to my boyfriend quietly.
"Alright. We'll just choose at random once we arrive at the movie theatre, okay?" He gave me such an honest and sincere smile. I need to stop dwelling.
"Sounds like a plan to me, Jjongie."
Within the next half hour we finished and got up to leave. What I hadn't been expecting though was bumping into him. 
Literally. "Oof!" I heard his voice echo mine as we both stumble backwards, him almost falling. After a startled moment, he spoke up.
"Minho, is that you? It's been so long! How are you?" Key, why?
"Hey, Key. I'm fine. How are you?" It took a lot of effort for me not to cringe from fear and anticipation. Why on Earth is he doing this?
"I'm doing well. Just ended my study abroad early. You know what? We should totally hang out later! Are you free tonight?" Just then I heard Jonghyun clearing his throat- he didn't seem too happy with this.
"No. I'm spending the rest of the day with my boyfriend, Jonghyun." I gestured to Jonghyun but my eyes never left Key's face as he turned to face my lover. His face showed a hint of disgust that I nearly missed had it not been for a slight quiver in his lip- his lips. The very same ones that claimed my first kiss, because of a bet! They belonged to the same person that kissed me without any feelings, when I had already lost my heart to him. I shook my head and faced Jonghyun, "Jjongie, this is my old friend Key. He left for study abroad almost a year ago, and was supposed to be abroad until next year at sometime."
"Hello, Key. Do you mind if I ask a question?"
"You mean besides the one you just asked?" His tone came off as joking, but I know Key- he was not in a joking mood.
"Why did you come back early? I mean, you gain so many more opportunities by studying abroad..."
"Personal issues." Key answered bluntly.

The conversation continued a bit awkwardly from there until I could finally convince Jonghyun that we should head to the theatre. We got into his car and I pulled out my cell phone, sending a message to my best friend.

To: Tae-tae

From: Minho

You knew he was back, didn't you?

Jonghyun and I sang to the car radio until Taemin wrote back to me.

To: Minho-hyung

From: Tae-tae

OMO! I'm so sorry! >.< I forgot!!! He just came back recently though, PROMISE.

I sent him a quick message promising we would be taking later and turned off my phone. I did not need anymore distractions. I'm supposed to be paying attention to my amazing boyfriend and instead my attention has been taken over by his return and text messages from my best friend. I'm sorry, Jonghyun.

 

~*~*~*~*~

Thanks so much to everyone who has read, commented, and subscribed thus far! Just a quick chapter before I put my nose to the grind stone again. Love to all! And don't forget, stay awesome~!

~BaiLingLing <3