Hello and How Are You (VMin)

12 Days of Bangtan

“They’re still fighting, huh?” Namjoon leaned in and whispered into Seokjin’s ear.

“Yep,” he sighed, sipping his coffee, “they haven’t spoken to each other since yesterday afternoon. It doesn’t look like either one of them is going to budge anytime soon.”

“Great,” Namjoon replied sarcastically.

Taehyung and Jimin were in another fight; they always bickered and had petty little conflicts but on a rare occasion one would get out of hand and lead to something very similar to this fight. The two boys sat on opposite sides of the room with their backs turned to the other. Neither one of them planned on acknowledging the other person – let alone saying a word to him. The air was heavy with tension and everyone spoke in whispers, terrified to be the first to normalize conversation and be the target of any leftover aggression either of them carried.

Namjoon settled back into his seat but his eyes shifted between Jimin and Taehyung. This argument was ridiculous, he thought as he recalled it from the beginning.

“Park Jimin, do you have to be so lame? Your Christmas present to the fans is your heart?” Yoongi shook his head while walking off the filming set. Jimin smiled and hugged him from behind.

“I left enough of it for you too hyung.”

“Stop being gross,” Taehyung interjected, “we’ll have to apologize for letting you open your mouth.”

“But I love our fans and Yoongi hyung.”

“What about the rest of us?” Hoseok asked.

“I love everyone,” Jimin replied, “except Taehyung.”

“Good, I don’t want your love,” he frowned, “I’ll just take the extra place in the fans’ hearts after they leave you for being lame.”

“I’m not lame! You’re so obnoxious.”

“You’re completely lame. No one wants your heart for Christmas.”

“Fine,” Jimin shut his mouth and walked out of the room.

That was the last thing they had said to each other. The tension had been even thicker during that argument – it was enough to suffocate under. Somehow, it made Namjoon feel grateful for this atmosphere. He shook his head; this was going to be a long day.

After a few more minutes of hopelessly staring at the wall, Jimin got up, grabbed his gym bag, and left without so much as a goodbye. Everyone knew where he was going; even Taehyung, who had his back to him and couldn’t have cared less, knew he was going to the practice room. It was probably for the best. Nobody was completely sure why either of them – especially Jimin – was so upset yesterday and there was no way they were going to ask. Jimin was used to getting teased, but Taehyung did take it a little far. Maybe Jimin would feel better after letting off some steam; dancing always made him feel better.

Taehyung, on the other hand, didn’t move from his spot. Seokjin and Namjoon exchanged glances – both curious as to what he was doing. With Jimin out of the house, he was free to get up. They began to wonder if he was just that angry or if he was being Taehyung and staying there for some reason that only made sense with Taehyung logic. Perhaps he was trying to communicate with his alien friends by staring at the wall.

“Taehyung-ah,” Seokjin called after nearly ten minutes of debating with himself whether or not to disturb him.

“Yes hyung?” He replied in an almost pleasant tone.

“Can you take out the trash in the bedroom? It’s your turn,” Seokjin could feel the air caught in his lungs. Reminding Taehyung about his chores at a time like this wasn’t the best idea; he immediately regretted it. Namjoon, too, froze in his spot.

“No problem,” he got up and flashed Seokjin a smile. A sigh escaped his lips quietly as Taehyung left the room.

Stepping into the room, Taehyung was relieved to realize no one else was there. Normally he loved seeing Jungkook and the hyungs, but he was afraid that they would ask questions about yesterday – questions that he wasn’t ready to answer. Taehyung knew he had been a bit harsh but something snapped when he saw Jimin hanging on Yoongi like that and being all lovey-dovey with him. There wasn’t a good word for how he felt; the closest one he could think of was jealous and Taehyung despised that word because of its implications. If he was jealous, there was only one reason and he didn’t want to say it no matter how true he knew it to be. If he was jealous, it was because he loved Jimin and no one should be able to have even a fraction of his heart. Taehyung tried to shake the thought and went over to pick up the trash can. A shiny red box near the top caught his eye. Without a second thought about how gross this was, Taehyung bent down and picked it up. It looked like a gift box. A large patch of exposed white cardboard indicated that something had been ripped off the top, perhaps a bow. Looking down at the contents of the trash, Taehyung confirmed that it was a big golden bow. He examined the present closely; the tag on the box confused him – this was addressed to him.

Taehyung sat down on his bed with the gift. He hadn’t received any gifts yet and this one hadn’t even been opened; it was still taped at the sides. Feeling even more puzzled, he looked at the tag only to find that this was from Jimin. Taehyung hastily opened the box. Inside of it was a small hand-sewn heart with his name on it and a note, he read it:

“Taehyung-ah!

It’s your Jimin hyung. Merry Christmas! I thought I’d take up sewing just to make this for you. It’s not very good but I did my best. I’m literally giving my heart to you this year. Don’t you love it? If you don’t, please lie. It’s on a key chain so you can take my heart with you wherever you go. I love you Taehyungie~ You’ve done so well this year and I’m proud of you. Please accept my love.”

It all made sense now; no wonder Jimin was so upset. Taehyung held his gift close to his heart, and whispered “thanks hyung.”

He got up and ran out of the room with the present in hand. Seokjin looked at him quizzically when he didn’t come out with the trash but Taehyung continued without notice and headed out the door, neglecting the calls from his hyung.

“Where was he going?” Seokjin turned to Namjoon, whose only response was a shrug. It looked like Seokjin was going to have to take out the trash anyway. He sighed and got up, mumbling something about no respect and selling the kids to buy more Mario dolls. Namjoon laughed.

Taehyung walked quickly towards the company building, the heart clenched tightly against his. When he reached it, he rushed up to the practice room. All the haste he had died down as his hand reached for the door; he opened it slowly and quietly, being careful not to disturb Jimin. His heart sunk when he saw him just sitting on the floor with his head buried in his arms, sulking. Taehyung snuck in and hugged him from behind, wrapping his arms around Jimin’s neck. Jimin looked up and noticed the heart he had sewn in the person’s hands.

“Hello,” Taehyung whispered, “how are you?”

 

~A/N: This one was requested by foreverbee. I hope you liked it ^^