Beginning Once More

Unstoppable

 

 

~Chapter Eight~

Beginning Once More

 

 

Jonghyun's POV~

 

I wish. I wish I was able to forget. I remember. I remember wanting to stop so bad and just embrace him. I hate. I hate her for being her. I despise myself...for making her plans reality. One drop of tear and a few words, were able to make me betray my friend. All it took was a few minutes and I gave in. Maybe she knew. Maybe she knew that I can't bear to see a weakling cry, not to mention a mother who was begging for help. I could've. I could've prevented his pain...if only I denied her...if only. Day by day, as I added another punch, another kick, another scar would appear in my heart. I knew it was wrong...but why didn't I stop?

Right at this moment, that person is looking at me with smiling eyes. His hands are holding onto mine, as if he was the only thing holding me to my sanity. But also the person...making me want to leave this Earth. Forever. I feel so wronged. I feel guilty. All of this guilt is bottling up inside and I know I can never take it back...One day...if Taemin were to remember, I would never ask for a second chance. I don't deserve a second chance.

“Hyung...Hyung!” Taemin yells.

“Hmm?”

“Aigoo~” He spins and pouts. “I was telling you about the routine! Did you not hear me?”

“Sorry Taemin-ah, hyung was thinking about something.”

“About what?” His eyes shine with curiosity.

“About you.” I tap his nose and we continue walking.

“What about me?” He hops in front and leans his head over.

“Secret.” I wink at his and he pouts in response.

“Was it about the accident?” He asks quietly.

“No.” I say as I lower my head.

“Then what?”

“When you get your memories back, I'll tell you.”

“Aww, no fun!” His confused face is replace with a childish and playful one.

“Stop being so cute.” I lightly pinch his cheeks.

“If you don't tell me, I won't tell you the surprise!”

“Oh? But I already know~” I mock him.

“No way!”

“Oh, but I do~”

“Key hyung told you he's giving me another makeover, and that we're entering as SHINee on Monday, and practicing the performance all over again?”

“Yep.” I act like this is everything but news to me.

“Seriously?” He pouts once more and puffs his cheeks.

“Why would I lie to you?” I was trying to make a joke, but the minute I said this, his face quickly changes into a disturbed one. “Something wrong?”

“Ani, my head just suddenly hurts.” He furrows his eyebrows.

“Need me to carry you?”

“It's nothing serious, don't worry.” He pats my head playfully and skips in front. I have a feeling he is hiding something from me...but for a person who just lost his memory, what is there to hide?

 

“Tah dah!” Key yells as he opens the door, revealing our new and improved maknae (in Key's fashionable eyes at least). Taemin's hair is no longer straight, but slightly jelled, almost making it look curled. His hair is a lighter shade of brown and the style actually makes him look much manlier– at least not as childish as before. His outfit exposes his slim muscles and the dark colors make him look mysterious. Basically, Key did the same makeover that he did to Taemin when he first joined SHINee, and yes, he applied some make up. All in all, our little baby is now all grown up, or so it seems.

“I give your permission to dream about me.” Taemin says and winks afterward.

“Woah there child, not too fast!” Onew laughs. “Our fans aren't even here yet!”

“I can't wait to show them the new me on Monday!” Taemin cheers. Yes, the new you...

 

Onew's POV~

 

It's nice to see him laugh and joke around. After talking to Taemin not too long ago, I figured out that he was the old Lee Taemin and returned to find things out about Minho. I'm not sure if he reached the point of wanting to get revenge yet, but I knew he was upset. Now that Taemin forgot his memories, it's almost like a hundred pounds has lifted off my chest. Maybe he will get use to everything and losing his memories will make him enjoy life and be friends with Minho like how they use to be...God possibly is giving Taemin a chance to start life over. Minho doesn't have to figure his memories out and Taemin doesn't need to figure out his. It's a win win situation really...

It's so sad how no one actually knows the truth but Minho's mother...not even Jonghyun or I know even though we were so involved. I have no idea what Minho's mother has done to him...and I don't want to find out. I just want them both to be able to live happily, even if none of them actually have their true memory. Minho is taught that Lee Taemin has corrupted him, Taemin died due to a sickness, and left the school because his parents got a new job. Of course none of that is true. His mother transferred him to another school right after Taemin was sent to the hospital, so Jonghyun and I know nothing about him.

Since my parents are never home, they do whatever I ask them. After a month or so, we finally transfered into Minho's school and that's when we found out he lost all of his memories, about us, about Taemin, about himself. Us three had to restart and become friends all over again. That's when we met Key. At first we didn't really like him since he was very straight forward and cocky, but after a few incidents, we found out his true, caring self. We formed a group named SHINee afterward. We became famous amongst the schools due to our image and our great performances in prep rallies and outings.

Our main reason to transfer back was to relive our memories. Key was interested, so he followed us after having his parents arrange everything, making sure we were all in the same class and hung out all the time. Minho's mother works in Key's parents' company, and so, she has her ways of finding things out. If she found out we became friends again, she would freak out. Her main phobia is having Minho remember Taemin. Not once have Jonghyun and I mention Lee Taemin to Minho nor Key...until we met Taemin on the day we transferred back to this school. Truthfully, we never thought Taemin was still alive...He was our little secret. Minho actually never mentioned Taemin to us either. We didn't even know Minho remembered that name until we talked to Taemin and he admitted that they were friends. I swear, those two are the death of me.

I don't understand how Minho can not remember his ex-best friend. I don't understand how Taemin survived and came back to find Minho just to harm himself even more. I don't get why we can't just all find a way to make up! But none of these things matter now. Taemin lost his memories, and it wouldn't hurt to keep the truth from Minho until the day he dies. If that's what it takes...I hope Minho isn't hiding anything from us...and I hope Taemin really forgot his memories...I am willing to be the bad guy to help my friends continue life without any regrets...

“Yoboseyo?” Taeminnie picks up his phone. His cheerful face automatically grimaces and turns into a serious, threatening face. All of us quiet down so Taemin can talk. “Yes...I already told you- b-bwoh?” He growls. “Don't you dare threaten me...” Threaten? Is Taemin in trouble? “Where are you?” After a few seconds, he hangs up and grabs his bags.

“What's the matter?” I ask.

“Urgent matter hyung, I have to go.” He says and head out.

“If you need help, you know we're here for you.” Jonghyun says.

“It's nothing I can't deal with. I've been in worse situations, it's okay. Thank you.” Taemin nods and rushes out.

“Taebaby just got his memory back and his mother is out at work...who can he possibly contact?” Key asks.

“I think I better follow him.” Minho says and grabs his stuff, following Taemin from behind.

“Should I send one of the bodyguards with him?” Key asks us. You'd be surprise what he is capable of doing.

“I think he can protect himself.” I say. “Believe in our Flaming Charisma.” We all agree and sit down.

 

Minho's POV~

 

As Taemin stops, I hide behind other gravestones in case I am not needed. Within a few seconds, a group of men stand in front of him with his mother dragged by her shirt collar. Taemin's hands turn into fists, but he does not attack yet. “Let. Her. Go.” he says through gritted teeth.

“Where's the money?” The man- who I am assuming is the leader- asks.

“Not here.” Taemin replies.

“I said one week.” The man throws Taemin's mother onto the ground.

“And I told you that we can't pay you back that quickly.” Taemin reaches for his back pocket and pulls out a pocketknife secretly, still not opening it. If Taemin were to fight them, either he would get hurt, or he would get in huge trouble if the police come...

“Please, leave my son alone!” His mother cries. Now that I get a good look at Taemin's mom, I finally realize who she is. I take out the image in my wallet and compare the two faces. The woman in the picture looks exactly like her except for the rosier and healthier face. It's confirmed. The woman standing in front of me is the wife of the man my father ruined and she is also the mother of my friend...Wait. Didn't Taemin tell me that he is only the friend of the deceased Lee Taemin? If she is his mother and she is the wife of Mr. Lee, then that would mean Taemin is his son...meaning...Taemin has been lying to me this whole time. My friend...Taemin is alive!

 

Was this confusing? Did it clear up some things? Please comment!