Taking a Risk

Unstoppable

 

 

~Chapter Six~

Taking a Risk

 

 

Taemin's POV~

 

I believe that if Minho hyung were to comfort me, support me, apologize to me, and befriended me after he has injured me...I would have forgiven him. Even though I know very well that I am human and have the ability to hate...he was once my friend...I-If I can accept him if he apologized then...then why can't I accept him now? What if...What if he apologized and- andwae. His mother yelled at me and said that I was a burden to him, and I corrupted Minho hyung...meaning...he was the victim?

I hit my head in annoyance and stretch. “Lee Taemin, you want to answer the question?”

“Ah...no...” I stand up and answer the professor.

“Now that you're up, might as well answer it.”

“Ah...The answer is...”

“Sspttt~” I hear someone whisper. I look over and see Key hyung mouth the answer.

“Fifty six?” I answer aloud.

“Correct, you may sit down.” I smile back at Key hyung and pray I won't be called on again. There is so much in my brain right now, studies will make my brain break down even faster...Choi Minho, you are the death of me. I pout and twirl my pencil around as I stare at Minho hyung, until the bell rang for lunch.

 

“Minho hyung, are you done eating?”

“Yeah, why?”

“Hyung, can we come outside and talk for a bit?”

“Ohhhh, Taeminnie wants some private time with our Minho-ho-ho here eh?” Jonghyun hyung chuckles obnoxiously.

“Aigoo, don't tease me hyung.” I pout.

“My Taebaby is so cute.” Key hyung lightly pinches my cheek and whacks Jonghyun hyung's head. “Tease my son one more time.” He glares and waves Minho hyung and I away.

 

“Look, if it's about my umma-”

“It's exactly about that hyung.” I cut him off. “Please don't hide anything from me. I obviously just met your mother, why does she dislike me so much? Almost like I was a pest, some vermin, something she cannot tolerate around...I almost thought that she despised me. Wae hyung? Did we meet before?”

“She mistaken you for the deceased Lee Taemin...”

“Well? What did he do to you? What could he have done to make your umma hate-”

“She is just scared...”

“Of what hyung?”

“Him. She's just very scared of him. She never told me why, but this is the only reason why I assumed that Taemin and I were friends. If it wasn't for that, then how did he come to my house, and how did he hang out with me enough to corrupt me.”

“Do you actually think he corrupted you hyung?”

“I-I'm not sure.” He shrugs. “I just listen to what my umma tells me.”
“So if your umma told you that she wants someone killed, then will you do it?”

“I-I...What kind of question is that?” He raises an eyebrow.

“If your mother were to tell you she wanted me out of your life, would you eliminate me?” Why am I asking such a question? I do realize the situation I am putting hyung in, but I must know. Wae? Because I need a answer. If I was truly his friend, would he hurt me, leave me, because of his umma's words? Is this the reason why the sided with the bullies and took my father's chain!?

“I-I don't know Taemin-ah.”

“She told me to leave you alone. Should I?”

“My umma...I-I...I always listened to what my umma tells me but-” His words pierce through my heart without mercy. My eyes start stinging as our past flashes back in my mind. Our laughter. Our smiles. Our happiness. Has it have merely been abandoned because of his umma...? Fine. If she really wants me to leave him alone, then I will. I must think of a way to eliminate myself without making it seem obvious...I don't want to please his umma too much. Maybe I'll survive this.

 

“Taeminnie, umma has to go to work now~” My umma pecks my cheek and ruffles my hair. I peck her back. This time, she is going to not be home for a whole two weeks...I guess...This will be the last time she'll see me. I smile at her and hug her longingly. I really don't want her to let me go. I want this moment to last forever. I want to live and see my mother smiling happily, for the rest of her life. I want her to start a new life...without me.

 

“Goodbye ahjumma! It's been wonderful working with you!”

“You're making it seem like we're never going to see each other again.” She chuckles, and then frowns. “It's not so...You can't be-”

“Ahjumma...I'm tired, very tired.” I nod and wrap and arm around her frail shoulders. “I just want to get rid of this headache. I want to be able to create happiness for others.” I peck her wrinkly cheek and wait for her to enter her house.

“How happy can a mother be, when she loses her child?” I hear ahjumma's voice quiver as she enters her house.

 

“Minho hyung, it's Taemin.”

“Hey Taemin. It's 1AM, is something wrong?”

“A-ani, I just wanted to hang out tomorrow if you're not busy.”

“Oh, alright Taemin-ah, where shall we meet? Around the school?”

“That'll be perfect. See you tomorrow hyung.” I hang up the phone and stare at the picture of my father on the wall. Appa, you won't be lonely tomorrow...

 

Onew's POV~

 

“I'm worried.” I tell my two dongsaengs.

“What happened?” Key asks.

“Taemin. Do you think he'll...hurt Minho, will you? I mean...why else would he ask Minho to hang out with him? It's the weekend, and Taemin never liked going out...”

“Onew-ah, I can't believe you are still going on about-” Jonghyun starts opposing the idea, but is quickly cut off by me.

“Unless my assumption is incorrect, Taemin is back for revenge. Do you think I'll let-”

“If it wasn't for you in the first place, would Minho have-” Key glares.

“If you two aren't worried about Minho's life, then don't follow me.”

 

Us three run to the area where Taemin and Minho planned to meet up and looked around. A few feet ahead of us, Taemin is standing next to Minho. I sigh, revealed that no one has been harmed. “Wait.” Key whispers and we stare at the two, who seem to be arguing. They start pushing. Taemin starts to push Minho a few times with an angered face, while Minho strongly pushed back. Car. There's a car coming. What if they push too hard? No, Minho isn't that rash. He has more self control than that...I hope...

 

Minho's POV~

 

“Taemin trusted you!” Taemin pushes me again.

“What is wrong with you! I never did anything to him!” I push back. Seriously, what's wrong with him?

“He thought you were his friend!” Taemin pushes again.

“My umma was right about you, you are a troubled teenager who will only hurt others with your bipolar attitude!” I push him.

“Then maybe I should leave!” As I push him, he relaxes and my force sends him backwards. I try to grab him but he merely pushes against my hands and makes him fly back even more...right in front of a moving car.

 

A short update indeed~ But please comment! What do you think will happen to Taemin?!