Mysterious Messages

Phantom Friends

Later that night, as you were walking back to your dorm from your late study at the library, your phone chimed. 

You shouldn't walk alone in the dark. It's dangerous.

You check the sender's name. Anonymous. The number was unfamiliar although it was a Korean number. 

Who is this?

The reply came after a few moments.

You can call me Oppa.

Oppa? 

You won't give me your name?

That won't be necessary for now. 

That was all he said. But... 'Oppa' said that it's dangerous to walk alone in the dark. Did that mean he could see you? You glanced around you and shivered. The wind was cool, but the shiver was from the feeling of being watched. Although you stood in a well-lit area of campus, you couldn't see anyone around. Slightly scared, you began to walk faster toward your dorm when your phone dinged again.

Warily, you check the new message.

Madbug! How was your day at college? I just got home. Anything interesting happen today?

You sigh in relief, it's only Prince. That's what Henry's middle name was. You started calling him Prince as a joke when you found out that his father called him that because his dad was the king. 

I just got an anonymous text message. It kind of creeped me out a bit.

Anonymous? What did it say?

His message had an air of unease to it.

He told me to be careful, that walking alone in the dark was dangerous.

For a moment, your phone was silent. 

It is dangerous to do that. He? How do you know it was a he?

You bite your lip as you debate how to answer him. The phone chimed again.

You look disturbed. Is it because of me?

It was Oppa again. You looked around a second time. He could definitely see you, but you still couldn't see anyone around.

What should I say?

I don't know who you are. You could be dangerous.

Hahahaha. I suppose it does seem that way. You'll just have to trust that I don't mean any harm to you.

Not knowing what to reply to him, you decide to respond to Prince.

He told me to call him Oppa, but he didn't give me his name.

Oppa? He must be older than you, then. Be careful, Madbug. I don't want you getting hurt.

You smile at his concern.

I will be, Buttercup. ;)

His only reply was :P. You chuckled, forgetting about Oppa for a moment, and headed back to your dorm room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry that this chapter is so short, 
I decided that the next part should be in another one.
Thanks, StarlightFever