Party!

Phantom Friends

"What time is it?" Jimin asked suddenly. 

For the last three hours, the two of you had been helping each other get ready for the party. You had done each other's hair, makeup, and even helped each other get dressed. 

"It's six thirty! We need to leave!" You gaped as you saw the clock. 

Putting your coats on, you left your dorm room. Each of you shivered in the cold on the way to the campus banquet hall. You had agreed to meet the guys there since it wasn't far. Finally, you walked into the foyer to see them waiting for you. 

"Hey. Thanks for waiting!" Jimin grinned at them. 

"Wow, you look amazing." Eunhyuk stared at her as she removed her coat. She was wearing a black cocktail dress that had the same lace detail over backing that your dress had, but the lace ended at the belted waist. From there, the skirt flowed in black satin until it ended halfway down her thighs.

"Thank you." She blushed at his compliment.

"You look amazing, too." You turned around at the voice.

"Prince! You made it!" You greeted him quickly, then looked at his newly dyed hair. "Blonde? Now you really do look like a buttercup." You joked.

He ran a hand through his hair self consciously before turning the attention back to you.

"Your dress is beautiful."

"Oh. Thank you." You looked at Jimin. "Jimin, everyone, this is Henry Prince Mak. Prince, this is Jimin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, and you already know Heechul." You gestured to each one in turn. 

He smiled politely at each one before suggesting that you enter the hall. 

Much to your disappointment, the DJ for the night was playing Christmas music as you entered. You had always hated Christmas music because of how often the songs were played. You liked a variety, but after hearing the same songs just in different languages, for how many years, you came to hate it. You believed they were overplayed, but the others seemed to like it.

Well, all except Heechul. 

He looked slightly sour as he followed the group around. 

As soon as Jimin caught Prince's attention, you dropped back to ask him what was wrong.

"I hate this music." He ground out. "A few times is fine, but can't they come up with something new?"

You chuckled. "I totally agree, but didn't I hear you singing one before break?"

"That was to annoy Donghae. That's the only time I actually sort of like the music."

Both of you laughed, then the dance committee president began to talk through the microphone beside the DJ table. She thanked everyone for coming, then thanked the people who made it possible... etc, etc...

When she finally ended the speech, the DJ began playing more upbeat music that you could dance to. 

Prince took your arm immediately, leading you to the dancefloor. Jimin, Eunhyuk and Donghae happily followed while Heechul dragged along, simply coming because he didn't want to be left alone.

You danced several songs before a random thought occurred to you. "Prince!" You shouted over the music so that he could here. "I thought this dance was for students only, how did you get in?"

He grinned at you mischeviously. "One of my groupmates has a friend who goes to school here. She invited us to join her and her friend as their 'dates'. They actually just wanted to say that they didn't come alone."

"Shouldn't you find them?"

"Nah. They said that as long as we actually showed up, they didn't really care what we did."

Shortly after that, you left the dancefloor in order to find some refreshments. As you approached the table holding the punch, you faintly heard your phone chime.

Are you having fun here?

The message was from Oppa.

It is fun, but something seems different. Are you having fun, Oppa?

Not really. The girl I wanted to dance with keeps dancing with other guys. I don't want to ruin her time because one of the guys is her best friend.

Wow. He didn't sound like he was having a good night at all. You genuinely felt bad for him because of his situation. How could anyone do that to someone like Oppa?

Why don't you ask her to dance with you? Maybe she'll leave them for at least one dance.

I'm scared.

Scared? 

Why are you scared, oppa?

I'm afraid that she'll say no. 

No? How could anyone say no to my kind Oppa?

It was a moment before the response came.

I just hope she sees me that way, too. Thank you, Maddie.

Maddie. That was the first time he had ever called you that. Most of the time, he wouldn't really call you anything. He would just talk to you. If he ever did say your name, it was Madalyn, not your nickname.

Is everything alright?

He messaged a moment later since you hadn't replied.

Neh. That's the first time you called me Maddie. I was surprised.

Then trust me, Maddie. It won't be the last. I'll find you before the night's over. Please keep an open mind.

You didn't know what to respond to that, so you simply put your phone away. After that implicative message, you ended up being distracted for most of the night. You were even so distracted that you almost missed Prince asking you to dance again.

"Come on, it's nearly the last dance. Would you dance with me?" He pleaded, showing you his puppy dog eyes.

"Alright." You sighed, allowing him to lead you away from the table.

When you got to the dancefloor, you realized that the song was a slow-tempo song. Slightly awkward, you put your arms on Prince's shoulders as he held on to your waist.

"You really do look beautiful tonight, Madbug."

"Thank you." You smiled at the compliment.

For a while, the two of you danced without speaking. Finally, he broke the silence.

"Maddie..." You could hear the uncertainty in his voice. 

"What is it, Prince?"

He took a deep breath, steadying himself for what he was about to say. "I... I like you, Maddie."

You froze.

"I've liked you for a long time, now. I want you to know how I feel because I don't know if I can hide it any longer." He reached up to caress your face. "Will you be my girlfriend, Maddie?"

"I... I don't know what to say. This is so sudden." Your head spun with his revelation. You suddenly felt sick to your stomach. "I... think I need some air."

You your heel and ran out of the hall and into the cold night.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooo sorry for the long wait!!! 
I did not have internet. >.<
Please forgive me! *formal bow*
Double update since it took so long!
StarlightFever