Chapter 1

School romance

It was the start of school for the KARTS (Korea Arts School) students and it meant that their 3 month break was over. It was the start of a new year. For Byun Baekhyun, it was the start of a new year, new school, new life and a new environment. Byun Baekhyun studied abroad since young. He was raised as a Korean but he had been studying in Japan. He had been living together with his parents and an elder brother in Japan, but just 2 months ago, his elder brother finally got married and will have the time to look after Baekhyun in Korea. It was not that Baekhyun was too young to take care of himself, it was just that his parents were over-protective and hates to see their golden youngest child being alone. Of course, Baekhyun applied to live in a campus instead of travelling back and forth day by day to get back to his brother's house. It was just that, he felt strange. His house was near to the school in Japan and he didn't live at their campus. It is his first time, living away from his own blood, and his first time, sharing a room with someone he doesn't know. 

 

 

Baekbeom, Baekhyun's brother, got into his car with Baekhyun's two black luggages, Baekhyun carrying his own black backpack. Baekhyun had always been obsessed with the color black. He sat at the passenger seat quietly as he held on tight to the black seatbelt. He has never been this quiet, and it could only mean one thing ㅡ he was really, really nervous. He was dressed casually in his grey pullover, black skinny jeans and his black geek specs. He didn't even put any effort on his black hair, letting it go free. Baekbeom was worried for his younger brother. He knew it was difficult for Baekhyun for the sudden change of environment. And eventhough his education qualifications were way lower than what Baekhyun has achieved so far, he could feel what his brother was feeling. It was a Saturday. Which meant that the students only had that day, and Sunday for rest before the official starting of classes begin on Monday. Baekhyun had already picked his subjects through the school website, and had already got his books ordered, which was by right supposed to be sent to his dormitory by now. 

 

 

As he continued worrying about how he's going to survive, the car finally came to a stop. "This is it, Baekhyun. All the best." Baekbeom got out of the car and helped his brother to pull the luggages towards the entrance of the school, where the two siblings exchanged hugs. Baekhyun grabbed both handles of the luggages and pulled them into the school, immediately stopping upon reaching the counter.

 

 

"Year 2, Byun Baekhyun. Transfer student from..." Baekhyun comfortably introduced himself to get his room number and the key. He bowed politely after receiving his key, before he moved to press the lift button.

 

 

"Sorry, Mr Byun. The lift is under maintanence. You can either take the lift at the other side and walk all the way to this block or you can take the stairs up instead." The receptionist said, her lips trembling after Baekhyun gave her a stare. He looked back at his key, sighing at the sticker that was pasted on the key. 

 

'903'.

 

 

He started pulling both his luggages slowly up the stairs, only to feel exhausted at the second level. Before he could even go up to the third level, someone tripped on his luggage and almost fell the flight of stairs. Baekhyun's luggage was open and all his clothes fell off. The guy whom he saw didn't even apologize, yet he could still stare at Baekhyun fiercely, as if he was picking a fight. He bent down to pick up his dropped clothes before he heard a voice. 

"Do you need help?" He looked up, as he smiled a little, nodding his head. The other guy who was heading down, helped Baekhyun to pull one of his luggage up. 

"Kim Jongdae. Second year." Jongdae offered a handshake before finally moving. Baekhyun shook his hands with the other, who seemed to be friendly, unlike the guy who tripped on his luggage. 

"Byun Baekhyun. Second year." Baekhyun responded softly.

"Second year? I've never seen you before. Are you a transfer student?" Baekhyun nodded his head. With someone's help, he actually reached the 9th floor pretty fast. 

 

 

"This is 903. My room's just next door, so come over if you need anything." Jongdae said, placing Baekhyun's luggage infront of the door, turning his back to leave the room. He felt a touch on his shoulder, turning around.

"Thank you." Baekhyun said, smiling a little at the other. Jongdae nodded before taking his leave, and left Baekhyun to unpack his stuffs alone. At this point, Baekhyun still didn't know who his roommate was, but one thing was for sure ㅡ his roommate was a dancer. His roommate's bed was filled with CDs of professional dancers. But he didn't mind. It wasn't like he hated dancing. In fact, a lot of people has complimented him for his dancing. But he just preferred singing more. He loves to sing, he loves dancing too ㅡ but not as much as singing. He began to unpack all his clothes neatly, his shirts on one side, pants on one side, his snapbacks taking a drawer, and his undergarments + socks taking the other drawer. And on the long study table that was shared by the two roommates, he placed his laptop on his side, together with all his books. He went into the washroom to place his toothbrush, self-brought toothpaste, soap, shampoo, facewash and everything else. To Baekhyun, hygiene is important. He was a clean guy. Not exactly a clean freak, but he was just clean. His face was as white as tofu, and he had promised himself he would take care of his skin. He changed his jeans into his shorts, taking out his handphone, mp3 player and his earphones. As he begin to shuffle the songs from his mp3 player, he played games on his handphone, for a couple of hours before he was interrupted. 

 

 

He heard the sound of the door unlocking, and he immediately sat up. To be honest, he was actually curious to whom his roommate will be. He removed his earphones and stood up, getting ready to introduce himself. As his roommate took a few steps forward, his eyes widened. He saw this guy before. Him, the guys who tripped on Baekhyun's luggage at the stairs. It was the same guy, same look on his face. 

 

 

"You! You made my clothes fell." Baekhyun shouted, he knew it was a rude first meeting, but he couldn't help it. The other male went forward towards Baekhyun as Baekhyun moved to the back in fear. The other male trapped Baekhyun in the corner, his palms glued at the both sides of Baekhyun's head. Baekhyun trembled in fear, he knew he was going to get terribly beaten. The other male leaned closer, both the males' lips were around 10cm apart. Baekhyun gulped a little. He has never been this close to another male before. 

 

 

"You're attractive." the older male whispered before standing up straight. Baekhyun sighed in relief. He thought he would get punched, kicked, slapped. But he didn't.

 

"Luhan, call me Lu." Luhan said, finally smiling. And Baekhyun had to admit, Luhan was good-looking when he smiled. Not with the scary face of course. Even with that greeting and smile, Baekhyun was still terrified. He stomped towards the washroom, locking the door. Luhan looked at him in confusion, finally knowing what he did wrong. Luhan knocked the washroom door once, twice, thrice, but Baekhyun wouldn't come out.

 

 

"You.. Whatever your name is. I'm sorry for scaring you. It's a habit. I'm nice, I promise. I won't bite." Luhan said loudly, allowing the younger male to hear from the washroom. "Hard." He smirked a little, whispering the word to ensure that Baekhyun couldn't hear. After 20 seconds, Baekhyun came out and introduced himself. Luhan felt a sense of relief after Baekhyun managed to opened up. There was something. Just something about Baekhyun that made his heart beat fast. 

 

 

The two went back to their respective beds, the evening passing by just like that, both of them doing their own things. It wasn't that the both of them didn't have anything to ask about each other, it was just that Luhan was feeling so apologetic ㅡ which he isn't, usually. And Baekhyun was feeling so terrified ㅡ which he isn't, usually, too. Baekhyun stood up from his bed to have his evening shower, before being stopped by Luhan.

 

 

"Wait! L-let's talk about rules?" Luhan said carefully. Baekhyun agreed and the both of them ended up sitting on Baekhyun's bed, with a piece of A3 paper and a marker.

"What would you want in here?" Luhan asked, his voice softening down. It literally sounded like an angel. 

"I don't mind.. just.. no sharing of toothbrush and undergarments." Baekhyun said, nodding his head. Luhan wrote exactly the way Baekhyun said, making a few errors in his sentence. Baekhyun laughed at them softly before correcting Luhan, and the both of them shared laughters.

"As roommates, we must have rules that will make us become closer.." Luhan tapped his chin. 

"Shower together, eat together, watch TV/movies together, go out together, fetch each other from classes, support each other when there's a test/competition." Luhan said, Baekhyun giving him a few blinks before Luhan tilting his head to the side to try to apprehend what the blinks actually meant.

"S-sh-shower t-toge..ther?" Baekhyun stuttered a little, and it was Luhan's turn to laugh a little at the younger. Luhan nodded his head. "It must be your first time, with a guy. Or maybe your first time, with someone else." Luhan patted the younger's shoulders. 

"There's nothing wrong. You don't have to feel shy. It's just you and me." Baekhyun nodded, afterwhich they undressed and went in the shower together. There was a bathtub and a shower tap, which Luhan signalled Baekhyun to enter the bathtub. 

"You enter. Since you're a little shy. After you get used of seeing each other , we can enter together, or be out at the shower tap together." Luhan said, before rinsing himself under the shower tap. Baekhyun couldn't even dare to look at Luhan's direction. Apart from his, he has never seen someone's full body before. And Luhan's body was just, perfect. To Baekhyun, at least. 

 

 

They both finished after 30 minutes, where they went out of the washroom to change into their PJs. Luhan was still half-, and Baekhyun in his T-shirt. Luhan kept looking at Baekhyun and his messy hair. He couldn't stop. He just couldn't figure out why, he just loved the way Baekhyun looked. And just like that, the night passed. It was one heck of a day for the two boys. Baekhyun, who was timid and Luhan who was confused.