Chapter 5

l'âme sœur

Minseok volunteered to wait in line and fetch their lunch while Jaemi looked for a table. Minseok was carrying their plates when he noticed Chanho approaching Jaemi... Again.

He was suspecting it was Chanho who’s been giving Jaemi flowers. Chanho wasn't a bad guy, he was actually friends with Minseok.

"Sup Chanho, here you go Madam." Minseok high-fives Chanho and serves Jaemi her meal.

"Why thank you dear servant!" Jaemi beamed at him.

"Whatever." He continued eating

.

"So Jaemi, how does Saturday sound?" Chanho asked Jaemi.

 

Minseok looked at them.

 

"Saturday sounds wonderful." Jaemi smiled.

"See you on Saturday then, I have to wait in line now or they'll be out of food. Bye guys!" Chanho waved.

 

"What's with Saturday?" Minseok was curious.

"Chanho asked me if I wanted to watch a movie, his treat!" Jaemi smiled.

"Can I come too plsss!"

"It’s a date baozi, so no."

"But I wanna watch a movie too." He pouted. He really wanted to watch in the cinema.

"I'll just buy you something after we watch a movie." He smiled at him, knowing that he'd give in.

"Fine." Minseok frowned.

"A box of brownies will do!" He beamed.

They both laughed at Minseok's awkward cuteness and laughed enjoying their meal.

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

"Minseok-hyung, wake up." I feel someone shaking me.

"5 more minutes."

"Hyung! Wake up!" Ki-woo shouted.

"Stop bothering me Ki-woo, its freakin 6 in the morning." I growled.

"Fine hyung, but don't blame me when Jaemi-noona comes here dragging your out." He left.

"Ughh, fine." I stood up and went out of the room only to be greeted by a obviously happy Jaemi.

"What brings you here and waking me up at 6am Jaemi, this better be good." I yawned at her

”Guess what day is it today!?" She beamed.

 

I stared blankly at her, my mind doesn't function till 10am. It’s not our birthday right? Christmas was months ago. Is it someone’s birthday?

 

"Ya! Wake up!!!" She slapped my chest.

"That hurt! I'm going back to sleep." I turned around.

"Waiiiit~ It's Saturday today! Help me pick what to wear pleaseee!" She pleaded.

 

Oh yeah, its her date with Chanho today.

 

"Are you serious Jaemi? You woke me up at 6 in the morning just to help you pick a dress." I fumed. This baozi still needs his beauty sleep. And how hard it is to pick a piece of cloth for a date.

"But, best friends help each other to pick what to wear on dates." She pouted.

"Do I look like a fashionista to you Jaemi, just call Byul-noona she'd know what to do." I attempted to leave.

"But you're a guy, you know how boys minds works. Just help me pleasee. Or no brownies for you." She demanded.

"You are cruel." I glared at her before she started dragging me to who knows where.

"Here are my top choices of clothes, I don't know If I should wear a dress? Chanho might think I'm too girly and, is wearing a dress over-dressing? Or should I just wear casual clothes? Shorts or pants? Aish I forgot to check the weather for today. How bout the top? Should I wear a white shirt? Wouldn't it make me look fatter? How bout black? Wait, I'd look like someone about to attend a burial. How bout red? But that suggest I'm aggressive." Jaemi continued to blab on, I was drifting to sleep.

"Ya! Baozi are you even listening!!!" She starts shaking me.

"What? What? What happened?"

"Were you even listening? What should I wear?" She asked, obviously annoyed. What is she even asking me, I have no idea with what girls want in the choice of clothes. What am I even doing here, I should be sleeping in my cozy bed not playing dress up right now.

"Why don't you just wear that dress, and just bring something light to cover yourself since its usually cold in cinemas." I picked up a random floral dress.

Jaemi snatched the dress away from me and started stripping.

Am I dreaming or is Jaemi taking her shirt off??? I blinked to make sure my eyes weren’t deceiving me. If this was a wet dream, someone forgive me for having this thoughts with Jaem. My heart stopped for a second and started it started beating insanely fast. Oh my in gosh, she's casually stripping in front of me! What the hell! I know we're best friends but I'm a freakin guy!

"What? Are you gonna stare at me change? Or are you gonna turn around and wait?" She kicked me hard. That actually hurt a lot.

“.” I heard her mutter, but chose to ignore it to avoid awkwardness in the future. I turned around and waited for her to finish.

"Are you done yet?" I asked trying to ignore the fact that Jaemi might be half behind me.

 

"Here, done. How do I look?"

 

To say that Jaemi looked beautiful was an understatement. Maybe It’s just too early for my brain to work, but damn Jaemi looked breath-taking. Funny how one random dress can make one’s heart beat to a frenzy. Maybe its just my mind playing tricks at this early in the morning.

 

“What? Ya baozi quit staring and answer me.” I was lost in a trance, I had no idea I was gaping at her.

“Oh! Ah yeah you look alright. That dress would do.” This feels awkward.

“Ohh, uh thanks.” She frowned.

 

Good doing Minseok, “alright” is not a word to complement ladies.

 

“Yeah, I bet Chanho would have a hard time concentrating to the movie if you wear that dress to your date.” I smiled trying to cheer her up.

“You think so?” She blushed.

“I know so!” I beamed at her.

“Thanks Minseok! You’re the best!” She hugged me.

“Yeah~ Have fun today okay? Don’t forget to buy me my brownies.” I hugged her back.

 

And after that, I myself couldn’t concentrate to go back to sleep.