Chapter 4

l'âme sœur

Being 14 years old. Minseok and Jaemi grew up well. Jaemi was always boyish, always playing rough games with Minseok. Running off to somewhere and playing with the younger orphans. 
Gender wasn't a malice when your young. But soon, Jaemi realized she was on her first step in becoming a woman, that was when she got her period. 
It was freakin embarrassing for her, because Minseok noticed it first. 

Minseok a freakin boy! 


"Is that chocolate?" Minseok noticed a brown stain on her shorts.

"What? I didn't eat chocolates today." She replied.

"Maybe you sat on something. You should change your shorts. I'll wait for you here."

"Okay, wait a sec." She went into the girls room.

"AAAAA!!!!!!!!!" Jaemi screamed her lungs out. 

"Jaemi! Jaemi! Are you alright?" Minseok opened the door.

"Get out! Get out! Close the door!" Jaemi shoved the door to prevent Minseok from entering the room.

"What? Are you alright? What happened?" Minseok's heart was beating too fast, he was scared of what might happen to his friend.

"Whats happening here?" A staff came.

"Jaemi, sh-she's screaming and she doesn't want to let me in." Minseok was worried.

"Jaemi-ah, this is Byul-Eonni. Are you alright?"

There wasn't a respond.

Inside, Jaemi was panicking, she knew this would come sooner or later but she had least expect it now. She just can't shout she's had her period. Not now that baozi's outside. That's humiliating. Minseok would forever!

"I'm coming in Jaemi. okay?" Her Byul-Eonni went inside.

Jaemi's face was red as a tomato.

"What happened Jaemi?" Byul-eonni asked.

"I think I've just had my first period." Jaemi whispered.

Byul smiled.

"Don't be embarassed Jaemi-ah. Thats a sign you're turning into a woman now. Don't worry, Eonni will teach you everything you have to know about this." She comforted Jaemi.

That day Minseok was left dumbfounded, Jaemi and him were supposed to go out and play the whole day. 

He frowned. 

Jaemi was with Byul-Noona the whole day. And when he asked what happened to her, she wouldn't tell him. 

Didn't they promised they wouldn't keep secrets from each other?

 


 

Not long enough, everything came back to normal. Not everything though. There were certain games Jaemi stopped playing with him. A lot has changed with Jaemi now too, she didn't move as clumsy and as rough as before. Her hair wasn't always flying everywhere. It grew longer and always looked pretty, Minseok would her hair at times, sometimes even help her comb it.  During certain days of the month Jaemi would always be grumpy and they would always argue.

Minseok on the other hand was starting to grow up too.  He established friendship with other boys when Jaemi was ing around with her mood swings. 
During the morning he'd feel weird sensations "below". He wasn't stupid. He knew what was happening. The hyungs told him it was "normal". 

Although the tandem was growing up, that didn't stop them to be best of friends.
 

"These are beautiful!" Jaemi blushed. She found another rose on her desk at the study room again.

Minseok looked at the red rose.

"What's beautiful about that? Its just a flower." He cooed.

Jaemi was constantly getting these flowers and letters everyday. 

"Of course its pretty! And romantic too." Jaemi smiled.

"Whatever, could we just please eat?" Minseok pouted.

"You do know pouting makes you look more like a baozi?" She smacked Minseok's head playfully and ran off.

"You did not just smack my head, how dare you smack my head and call me baozi. I am your king!!!" Minseok chased her  shouting with his weird bristish accent.