Chapter 1

l'âme sœur

It was tough growing up in a orphanage, some outsiders occasionally judged the orphans for being “different”. Although the staffs in the orphanage wasn’t abusive, in fact they were actually nice, but growing up in with a family would always be better.

Minseok and Jaemi were one of the cheerful kids  in the orphanage. At their young age, they have already matured to be independent. The orphanage was frank enough to teach them that there’s no use to mourn about those who have left them, instead they should focus about their lives as of today. To have their own dreams and aspirations. That one day they’ll be living their dreams and will be having their own family that was once denied from them. Although it hurt, it was the cruel truth.

 

“Jaemi-ah, when’s your birthday?” Minseok asked while they were at their secret lake gazing at the beautiful stars.

It was passed wee hours, the perfect time to look at the beautiful night sky with all those beautiful stars. Although it was forbidden to leave the orphanage at such time, that didn’t stop them to leave… again.

“I honestly have no idea.” Jaemi replied.

“You really can’t remember?”

“The Eonni’s said I have some kind of Amnesia right? How would you expect me to remember?” Jaemi always got sensitive when she was reminded about her memory loss.

“Sorryyyy, would you like me to share my birthday with you then? It would be fun to have the same birth date! Come on! Share my birthday with me, Please! Please! Please!” the innocent 11 year old Minseok pleaded.

“Of course!!! Wouldn’t it be bad to decide your own birthday though?”

“Who says? As long as I say we have the same birth date that is enough alright?”

Jaemi nodded.

“March 26 it is!” Minseok beamed.

“Now, let’s go back before the eonnis notice we’re gone” he cheered.

“Thanks for sharing your birthday with me Minseok!” Jaemi smiled at him and ran back before the both of them got caught.

 


 

 

“And where have the both of you been at 3am?” Ms. Choi scolded them.

Minseok and Jaemi were both quiet, they couldn’t face Mrs. Choi nor deny that they went out last night because lying was wrong, they knew it was bad. They still ran off at the middle of the night though.

“Answer me! You both know its incredibly dangerous to be out at 3am! You guys could have been kidnapped or who knows what might happen.”

Jaemi was frightened at the thought of being kidnapped. Mrs. Choi wasn’t always  this bad, she was just mad about the tandems escape.

“Aren’t you both gonna answer me?” Mrs. Choi asked, “Fine, as punishment, I want the both of you to wash the dishes for a week”

“We’re sorry Mrs. Choi” they both sighed.

“Don’t do it again okay? You may both leave now”

“Sorry” they both whispered walking out.

 

“Mrs. Choi still thinks we’re too naïve to believe  someone might actually kidnap us? I mean we were already abandoned here right?” Minseok joked.

“They could sell our organs.” Jaemi tried to reason.

“I would have kicked their butts before they even caught us.” Minseok made goofy martial artsy poses.

“Yeah right, in your dreams baozi! I would have defended you instead!” Jaemi ran off laughing.

“I told you to stop calling me baozi!!!!” Minseok chased after her.