Building Tension

In Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joo Hyun felt her head was about to explode when she saw Yonghwa bent while pulling his underwear. “Eeeeaaaaahhhh!” Her hand flew to cover her widened eyes. She turned her back immediately and slammed the door behind her.

“OTOKEEEEEE!” she screamed her heart out. She took deep breaths to calm herself and head to the refrigerator to get some ice cold drink to counteract her now steaming body. 

She gulped and drank like a fish “Good thing he was facing sideways. Thank God for small blessings!” she rolled her eyes from the thought 

--

Yonghwa leaped behind his bed to hide, while lying on the floor he pulled up his underwear and pull his blanket to cover himself. He walked to his door “YAH! The door is made for you to knock!!” he yelled before he closed and locked it.

Embarrassed he his hair and scratched his scalp “Otoke!!” he whispered and stared blankly ahead. He took his remaining clothes inside the closet and get dressed before he went out.

He saw her slumped on the floor giving him a quick glance as soon as he walk out of the room. He felt his heart flutter and his cheeks burning. A thick awkward silence filled the air.

He opened the grocery bags that Chanyeol left. He let out an amused grin “Unnie, mianhe. I brought personal things for you.” He yanked out a plastic full of disposable underwear. “Luna-ssi is also behind this. Tsk tsk tsk” 

Joo Hyun stood up and grabbed the thing on his hand, took the rest and look inside it. “They did plan this well.” She stood up and again strides close to the door, banging it with full force. “YAH! Open this d*mn door!” she screamed 

“Omo!” she exclaimed when someone from outside slips a note, she pick it up and read out loud “There is no use in banging the door. No one will open it for you. This is how it looks outside.” She looked at the picture that accompanied the note, her eyes rounded.

A note plastered on Yonghwa door says “Keep out. Filming is ongoing. Just ignore the screams and banging.” Flowers and ribbons prettily adorned the front steps of his apartment.

She wiped out the tears of frustration. She is afraid not of Yonghwa but of herself. “I might not hold myself any longer if this happens.” She thought “Otoke?!” she sat on the floor her tears kept flowing

Yonghwa felt a pang of guilt and pity all at once as he watched her reaction. He walked to her direction, grabbed her shoulders and assists her to stand. He looked at her with loving eyes. “Kwenchana. I’m here for you. Don’t be afraid” 

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” She thought while looking back at him. 


Yonghwa guided her to the kitchen. “I’m starving. I’ll cook. You wash up.” He tried to lighten up the mood. He walks inside his room to his closet and took an oversized shirt, a clean towel and gave it to her.

She nodded and took it with the things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter