Meet the family

A Dead Man Tells No Tales

Himchan P.O.V.

 

Good to see everyone back for another chapter of my life. Hi, how are you? *shakes your hand* If you weren't here before, I'll update you on my current status. I guess for those who don't already know who I am. I'm Kim Himchan *bows*. In the recent month, I've been evicted from previous luxurious life of being Samsung's top Executive assistant and a witness to a gruesome murder by some mafia group. If that wasn't enough already, something or rather someone is preventing me from getting a normal job in turn making me a homeless peasant on the streets of Seoul. I don't know if I can call it fortunate or not, but I was recently recruited by the same mafia group I witnessed the murder to. I know what you're thinking nevertheless I had no choice. There wasn't any alternative at the moment. Well now I'm on my way to see my new living quarters at Mr. Classy Guy's hideout.....now that I think about it. I don't even know this guy's name......

 

 

The ride was quiet for the most part. Every few minutes or so a beep from a phone would draw Mr. Classy guy's attention to look down. Seemed like he was conversing with either one of his men or just a client. I guess I wasn't self-conscious enough to notice I had been staring at him until he suddenly spoke.

 

"You've been staring at me for the past 5 minutes. Is there something you need?" I shook my head as I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. Well that’s just awkward. 

 

"Uhh No.....When are we getting there?" I rubbed the back of my neck feeling that weird sensation as if imaginary spiders were crawling on me. Hate it when neck hairs do that.

 

"Not that far away now. Maybe 10 more minutes or so."

 

"Oh..." The silence filled the space again and neither of us decided to fill it with pointless chatter about nothing. Soon we were on the outskirts of the city skyscrapers. The car eventually screeched to a halt in front of a rather tall building. It had a grand entrance with a large stair case that would probably take me all day to climb up with my un-athletic legs.  Fortunately, we weren't going that way. On both sides of the front of the building there were two cases of miniature stairs that went down to the lower floors. We went down the stairs towards a door. I was lagging somewhat with my suitcase which made me feel out of place. I stumbled into the back of Mr. Classy Guy's back as I came down the last step. How many times can I embarrass myself in front of my bosses?! I mumbled a sorry as he turned his head ever so slightly to see what I doing.

 

We entered a small room that had three doors: one to the left, one to the right, and one in front of us. Mr. Classy knocked on the first door to his left then waited a second before hearing a small click and latch sound and then entered the door his right. What was this? A James Bond movie? .......We entered the lobby area where we were greeted by fairly large group of people lounging around on pieces of fancy looking furniture. They all had a diverse clothing style ranging from stylish business suits with the full blown vest, suit, and tie to people dressed in black tank-tops and bagging pants with a bandana tied around their heads. As they greeted their leader they turned heads and whispered while pointing to me. Wish I had a shell so I could hide in it. I felt so out of place in my ragged jacket and sweatpants.

 

"Boss!" A voice called from the crowd. A familiar tall looking boy came jogging over to us with a happy smile on his face that immediately turned into a scowl when he saw me behind his boss. "Why's he here? Oh...no no no did you really mean that? I thought you were joking!" He didn't even bother to lower his voice as he spoke to his boss. It was like he intentionally meant for me to hear. I got the obvious feeling he didn't like me. 

 

"Quiet Zelo. What I decide is my business. Show Himchan to his new sleeping quarters and give him the tour of the place." Great now I'm stuck with him.....

 

I quietly followed Zelo as he mumbled low cruses under his breath. 

 

"Here's where you'll be staying. House rules are posted in the lobby. No women in your rooms, these rooms aren't sound proof. It is ventilated so you can smoke but certain areas you can't. There will be areas that indicate you can't smoke. Some of those places are the lobby, meeting room, the shooting range, and electrical rooms. Kitchen's available at any time. That's about it. I-if you need anything just ask me. Don't bother the boss with unnecessary things" I felt like the last part was harder for him to say. I wonder why. I internally rolled my eyes. 

 

"Thank you ....Zelo." I rolled my suitcase into my room and set it on the bed zipping it open as I started to unpack. The room was somewhat dim since there was no window. The bed was plain and simple just like the rest of the room. It was cookie-cutter styled which was perfectly fine for my taste. I never bothered with decorations. I hung up my suits and placed my shoes in the closet and closed it gently. I looked back in my suitcase to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't have much to begin with. Since I sold most if not all my possessions, I only kept what was necessary in my opinion. Boxers, undershirts, socks, a few designer suits, dirty sneakers and my nice designer shoes. Zelo peeked his head inside to see how I was doing. By the look on his face, I guess he was surprised by the small amount of items I possessed. 

 

"Is that all?" He asked fully coming inside the room. He did a 360 view of my room and scoffed. "Thought you had more with ya"

 

"Nope, I sold all of them when I couldn't afford the rent for my apartment." I said. 

 

"oh.....Well then on with the tour..." He walked back out of the room and down the hallways before I could even take one step out of my room. I huffed in frustration. This guy is going to be hard to get along with. I walked down the hall trying to figure out where he went when I bumped into someone. 

 

"Oh God! I'm sorry" I bowed before looking up. The person standing in front of me was a male with short brown hair and a stare that could kill. Aww I just probably ed with the wrong person. Please spare me! I haven't even been here 10 minutes and I'm already pissing people off!!

 

The other male gave a confused face before speaking. "Have I seen you here before?"

 

"N-no I'm new..." I mentally prepared myself for the knuckle sandwich I was about to be served, but it never came. Instead, he held out a hand. I stood there for a second before registering he probably wanted a handshake. I slowly reached my hand out to shake it back when he suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me forward bumping arms with me and slapping me rather hard on the back with his other hand. 

 

"Welcome to B.A.P. Bro!" I gave a nervous chuckle as I awkwardly patted him on the back. 

 

"Thanks..I think" I retracted myself from the "bro hug" and got a good look at the other. He had a few tattoos scattered on his right arm. Just like that Zelo guy, this person had the same tattoo in a different color on his lower right bicep. I concluded he was on the more gangster-side of the group with his baggy pants and tank-top. 

 

"Oh I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Jongup! Nice to meet you....." He waved his hand in the air a little as if the word would magically appear to finish the sentence.

 

"Himchan...Kim Himchan. Nice to meet you too Jongup. I was following Zelo for a tour but I seemed to have lost track of where he is. Do you know where he went?" Jongup scratched his chin as he looked up at the ceiling in deep thought. 

 

"Nope! I'll show ya around though!" He grabbed my wrist and led me down the hallway. I felt as if I was being manhandled by him with all this grabbing and hugging business.

 

"This over here is the meeting room! We conduct meetings in there...well duh cuz it’s the meeting room haha! Never be late to a meeting. Boss gets REALLY pissed off if you do. If you follow me this way, over here is the kitchen. Its open 24/7 to anyone. Nobody actually uses it since nobody can cook worth a damn. We all just bring back food if we're hungry and on that note if you want to order something you'll have to use a fake address that's provided by our security team. In the front as you just walked in earlier, is the lounge you can hang there or we have another rooms to hang in too. We got all the latest gaming systems and rooms for games such as billiards, poker, etc etc etc. If you have problems with the gaming systems then ask Jae. He's the technical expert. Down the hall to the right here is a set of stairs that brings you another lower part of our headquarters. Down here is the shooting range for practicing shooting. In the room right next to it is our fitness room. It's decked out with all the latest equipment for physical fitness and therapy. You can also practice Judo, karate, Kendo, or whatever martial art there is. We have a medical room as well it’s on the upper floor. Our doctor is the best there is. He's saved countless lives and is an expert surgeon. He does have a tendency to forget that pain exists especially if it’s not a serious injury, so you'll sometimes just have to grin and bear it. I think that’s about it...." Jongup said as we ended up in the lobby again as he finished up his tour. I was winded by the time we were done. There were so many rooms and this place was like a maze. 

 

"O-okay Thanks for the tour Jongup" I said still slightly gasping for air. 

 

"You should read the house rules posted up by the B.A.P. symbol over there. You'll need to live and breathe by those rules if you want to stay in this group." Jongup said before heading off towards a group of people on a couch. I made my was towards the rules and read them carefully. This group wasn't ing around for sure. 

 

House Rules for the BEST.ABSOLUTE.PERFECT.

 

1. Stay small - Handle jobs responsibly. Never take more than you can handle.
2. Know Your Hustle-Handle your situations with style and grace.
3. Do your homework- Know your profession and job before doing it.
4. Blend with the crowd during business. Don't stick out like a sore thumb.
5. No Drugs- You can't be high on heroin and do your job as a member at the same time.
6. "Pride Comes Before the Fall" - Never ever underestimate your opponent. 
7. Keep quiet- Never say anything to legal authorities. The harder they interrogate, the less they know. [A/N: Works Cited at the bottom]

 

Seemed like they had their down. Although #4. I could argue with...example: The garbage bag murder....I named it that for various reasons...... These rules were pretty much common sense in a way. I made sure to remember them for future purposes. As I was taking mental notes of each ones, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I spun around to see a group of guys who seemed to be a few years younger than me. 

 

"Hi new hyung! Welcome to B.A.P.! We're a sub-division of the group. We call ourselves the Bangtan Boys! or BTS or short or If you want the BulletProof Boy Scouts Or-." One of the males said in a cheerful voice. 

 

"I think He gets it J-Hope..." One of them said in a somewhat irritated voice.

 

"Uhmmm Hi, Nice to meet you?" I gave a short awkward wave. 

 

"I'm J-Hope! A dealer!" 

 

"Jimin, informat!"

 

"V, Gun specialist"

 

"Jungkook, I'm a spy"

 

"Rap Monster, Sniper" 

 

"Jin, Sniper as well"

 

"Suga, weapons specialist" 

 

"Nice to meet you Hyung!" They all said in unison before bowing then walking off. They had some interesting names...

 

I guess B.A.P. was pretty big organization if they had sub-divisions. I spotted Zelo again and walked towards him. He was laughing with one of the members. As he turned his head he immediately stopped laughing and gave me his -face.

 

"What?" He said in a flat tone. Wow, I was already getting sick of this guy's attitude. What did I ever do to him? 

 

"You left me stranded in the middle of the hallway." 

 

"And?" He was apparently getting more irritated at the fact that I was still standing in front of him.

 

"And you were supposed to give me a tour? Ring a bell?" I don't feel like he had the right to be irritated. I was the one supposed to be getting pissed off. 

 

"Jongup told me he gave you a tour didn't he? Go find Boss, he needs to talk to you. He's in the meeting room." He shooed me off as if I was some fly buzzing around him. The nerve of that brat. This wasn't high school!!! No need for immature drama! 

 

I rolled my eyes as I walked off towards the said area. I knocked on the door before hesitantly opening it. 

 

"Uhmm Zelo said you wanted to see me?" I said slowly walking into the room. Mr. Classy guy was seated at the head of the long table facing towards the wall that had a large map of Seoul hung on it. 

 

"Yes, did you find your room and did Zelo give you a tour?" 

 

"Yes..." I spared Zelo from getting a lecture from our boss even though he probably deserved it. I'm sure I'd end up on the top of Zelo's blacklist if I snitched on him. 

 

"Good. You'll be receiving training starting tomorrow. I want you to learn the ropes of how this organization works. Any questions?" He said not even bothering to turn around.

 

"Uhmm what exactly does B.A.P. do?" 

 

"B.A.P. loans immediate money to those who I guess have no other means to get any. We also handle territories and trades with other organizations. We've had our hands in the black market every so often for certain purposes. Our group is actually a sub-division of a much larger group known as T.S. We have extremely close ties with the most popular group called YG. T.S.'s daughter is married to YG's heir to the group. B.A.P. is the largest group out of T.S. Just for your future knowledge, our enemies consist of an organization called SM Town. They run all if not most human trafficking operations and large drug manufacturers. We oppose any type of forced kidnapping and are in the process of breaking up a few of their major groups involved. SM's known groups are G.G., S.J. & TVXQ. We've recently sent a 12 man group in as an espionage group to track most of their activities. They are deadly and they have a motto. Leave No Evidence behind even if that means sacrificing their own in the process. Do you understand what I've just exposed you to? You have one last chance to back out........After that you've hit the point of no return. You can never go back to life you've once had. All organizations retain the policy of if you leave, there's only one way. Death." He slowly turned his chair around to face me. He had the most deadpan solemn look on his face I'd ever seen. Even though he said all of this, it was still hard to grasp the severity of what he was saying.

 

My mind screamed at me to leave. Just get up and walked out like I'd never been in there in the first place....but my gut told me otherwise. I'd always lead the safer route. One filled with opportunities that would always have a safety net if I ever fell. This time there wouldn't be a safety net. No one to catch me on my way down if I were to fall. The risk was high and so were the chances of getting caught. Being thrown in jail and never living a decent life ever again. However.... although there isn't much to justify my reasoning, I felt this was a chance to do something wild and crazy and hell even maybe living to tell my grandkids (if I ever had any) someday. No ever gets a chance to be in a mafia....most of these kinds of things never happen to most people like me, and to be honest most people like me would never even look twice in Mr. Classy Guy in the first place. Just like Mr. Classy guy said, I had literally nothing to lose. I figured I was already past the point of no return whenever I said yes  to him the first time. 

 

I looked him straight in the eye with the most serious face I could muster. "No, I won't back out." We stared at each other for a few moments till he cracked a smirk and turned back in his chair to face the wall. 

 

"You've got guts. I can tell ya that" He chuckled. Once again I felt the blood rush to my cheeks again. He excused me to go rest up for the rest of the night so I could get an early start on my training for tomorrow. 

 

 

I decided to head to the kitchen to see what I could make since I hadn't eaten a decent meal in 2 days. Those days living on the streets really did a number on my body. I could practically see my ribs. I'm pretty sure I'd snap like a twig during tomorrows training. As I entered the kitchen I saw Zelo and Jongup and another person conversing at the island. They all stopped and looked at me. I gave them a wave then proceeded to the fridge. It was a massive double door fridge with a large bottom drawer. The kitchen wasn't half-bad either. There was a large island in the middle with a microwave built into the shelves. Lots of counter space and cabinets were available for use. I wonder why nobody even bothered to learn how to cook with such a nice kitchen like this. 

 

"You cook?" Jongup said as he observed me getting out pots and pans. 

 

"Yeah" I didn't really think they needed to know any of my past and I wasn't particularly keen on knowing theirs either.

 

"Cool! Hyung! What can you make?" The other male said as he hopped off the barstool and came over towards me. 

 

"Uhmm lots of things. You guys like chicken pesto?" I wondered who this other guy was since I hadn't met him before. Zelo just sat on the barstool glaring at me as if he was judging my every move.

 

"Jae! Introduce yourself!" Jongup said smacking the other lightly on the shoulder.

 

"Oh! I'm Youngjae! I work as the team's technical specialist! Any electrical problems you have, just come to me!" he beamed. 

 

"Thanks. I'm Himchan by the way." Youngjae chatted away as I continued to make dinner. I learned a lot from Youngjae about the startup of the group. It seemed that the boss started B.A.P. after his twin brother died and his sister went missing in the black market. Wow, that sounded like great material for a angst story if you're into that kind of thing. He was recruited after he started picking fights with T.S.' organization. Apparently he's the best fighter out of all of them. He picked up Zelo a few years later when he ran into him. Zelo also had a sob story too. He ran away from abusive parents. Once again, great material for a novel. I wasn't the most sympathetic person in the world as you can see. Life isn't fair. I learned that the hard way too. Youngjae had joined a few months after Zelo after they discovered Youngjae hacking into the main frame security system of a jewelry store. Jongup joined a month after when he proved his martial arts skills and communication skills. 

 

"And after that our group flourished to what it is today! So...what's your story?" Youngjae rested his chin in his hands as he looked up waiting for me to spill my pathetic sob story. I looked at him while I was stirring the pasta with the finished pesto sauce. Well I didn't really have one that was worth sharing. I was about to say something when Zelo interrupted.

 

"Boss and I caught Himchan and his little friend getting rid of a body bag filled with decomposed bodies. The thing was heavy as . I even opened it. He's the real deal alright." He stared straight into my eyes with a bratty smirk across his lips. I could literally see the sarcasm dripping off his lips, but the others didn't seem to notice. This brat just shot up to the top of my blacklist for sure. I seriously should have snitched his out.

 

"WOW HYUNG!! Are you serious?! How'd you do it? Why'd you do it? Did anybody catch you?! Tell us Hyung!!" Jongup got closer to me as he got excited over the fact that I had actually "committed" a murder.

 

"That's enough Jongup. Besides dinner's ready. Let's see how well you cook 'hyung' " Zelo said as he basically strutted across the floor towards the plate cabinet. He had already gone pretty far with his attitude and the fact that he ditched the tour he was supposed to give. If it’s a war he wants...it’s a war he's gonna get. I'm not the type to get my hands dirty but sometimes I gotta do what I gotta do...As he walked back with a plate I started vigorously mixing the pasta until a few noodles flew over board onto the ground and landed right where I wanted them to. I flinched a bit as I heard a crash of a plate and a body hit the floor. I turned around and put on my most professional act of being "sorry".

 

"Oh my god! I'm "so" sorry!" I said as I helped up a dazed Zelo. He shook his head trying to get the dizziness out of his eyes. Jongup came around the corner with a broom and a dust pan cleaning up the shattered plate. Zelo looked at me with so much furry in his eyes I thought I almost saw a few flames of hell in the reflection of his eyes. He wordlessly yanked his hand out of mine and stormed out of the kitchen. 

 

"Don't worry about it Hyung! Accidents happen! Zelo just has anger issues sometimes." Youngjae said trying to cheer me up. I put on a little pout face but mentally I was laughing my off. 

 

"Aww ...This was his favorite plate Jae!" Jongup said as he held up a piece of the broken plate. My eyes widened a little at the sudden discovery. Guess I wasn't getting the last laugh tonight.

 

"Ooooooo...That's the one boss bought for him too" Youngjae's face expression looked as if he was watching WWE and his favorite wrestler just got elbow dived in the chest....which was probably what was going to happen to me when I come face to face with him. A ring from a phone caught all of our attention to Jongup as he looked at his phone. 

 

"Himchan here's your list of trainers tomorrow and the schedule." I looked at his phone and almost ted myself as I read the first name.

 

Training Schedule:

8:00 - 10:00 Martial Arts - Zelo

10:10 - 12:00 Gun Handling - V 

1:00 - 3:00 Weapons - Jongup 

3:10-5:00 Law 101 - Yongguk

7:00-9:00 Accounting - Zelo

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: Thank you for reading & subscriptions! 

 

*Works Cited*: Don't know if they're legit or not I just wanted to provide some rules. I did paraphrase some of them and just wrote some as they were. I do not claim any of those rules as mine. 

"Street Dreams." HubPages. 2 Jan. 2013. Web.

.