Snowflakes

The Warmth That is You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Elise was outraged. Furious. What gave the dude right to take her phone like that? There’s so many embarrassing things in there Elise just doesn’t know whether to be downright angry or just plain embarrassed. All she knows now is she wants to hide in a cave and never come out again. It would be super embarrassing if the guy found her modeling try out photos. Her head was swarming with thoughts but one was clear: She won’t let Kai off the hook so easily. The guy deserves a punishment. So she changed her good girl demeanor and opted for the cold one. She won’t be so soft with him now.

 

            Her clothes were piling up high on her bed and she was having a hard time trying to decide on just the right thing to wear. She knows that she’s only going to scream at him and take her phone back, but considering her last meeting with Kai, he must’ve planned something. So she chose a y red bustier top and a pair of high waisted shorts and got going. She wore eyeliner, just for the sake of it. She feels a surge of confidence, enough to combat herself against Kai’s natural aura of allure, and feels positive she’ll be able to scream at him.

 

            When she got to the café feeling cold as ice because of the way she dressed, Kai was already waiting for her in a table by the corner. He seemed so tranquil and at peace here, as if he’s been at this café thousands of times before. He had ordered her a cup of coffee and a slice of strawberry cake.

 

“Hi there, Elise Han.”, Kai stood, and pushed Elise’s chair behind her. He’s trying his best to act as much as a gentleman as he could. Elise was assessing the way he dressed, in a black hoodie and skinny jeans. She approved, but keeping her cold demeanor she wasn’t going to say anything.

 

Kai stared at her like he knew everything that was going on in her head. He smirked.

 

“Thief, give me back my phone.”

“You don’t have to call me that, I am planning on returning it. I just borrowed it for a simple matter. Anyway, you’re cold aren’t you?”

“No, I am not c-cold”, Elise’s teeth scattered, and she’s been busy warming her hands underneath the table. Kai pulled his hoodie off his body and gently wrapped it around Elise’s shoulders.

“I haven’t forgotten that you’re a er for the cold. Just take it.”

“I don’t want to! Just give me my phone back! What have you done with it?”, Elise glared at him, the eyeliner making her eyes look even more dangerous than before.

“Nothing much, I just upgraded it to the latest iOS, you really don’t know how to take care of your phone. You’re welcome.”

“I do know how to! I just, didn’t have the time. Why did you even take my phone anyway?”, Elise felt her anger building. She hated how calm and guiltless Kai is acting, and how smug he is. It’s getting on her nerves.

“I took it as a reason to see you again. Nothing for you to be scared about.”

Elise was silent, and nibbled on her strawberry cake instead. “Okay, so why do you want to see me?”, Kai didn’t answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter