How Great is Your Love

iKON Christmas Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Pairings: Kim HanBin (B.I) and Cho JinYul]

 

"The morning I opened my eyes in heart fluttering excitement, it's like the feeling of untying the ribbon of a present." - Christmas Day (EXO)
 

Outside, it was snowing. Like the other ordinary mornings, JinYul woke up and found there was no one beside her. Well, she couldn't blame, she had get used to it anyway. Letting out a yawn, she pushed the heavy blanket away and straightened her legs towards the floor. The cool sensation met all of her cells in the body as she stepped onto the floor. She roughly wore her Minnie Mouse slippers that HanBin gave her as one of her birthday present. As she went out from the washroom, someone in Daisy Duck slipper opened the door and stepped in.

"Mommy..."

Not forget to mention, Hanbin and JinYul had married for almost ten years, and now they had a 5 year-old daughter named HanYul.

"Yes, my dear?" JinYul went to her precious daughter and brushed her hair. The 5 year-old hugged her huge dark brown teddy bear in arms. "Can you tie my hair up, please, mommy?"

"Why not? Come." JinYul brought HanYul to the bed and the little one sat on the bed quietly waiting for her mom to take the band. "Mommy..." She called while JinYul was combing her hair. "When will daddy be home? I miss him." JinYul smiled and did the last twist with the band. "Very soon, my dear, very soon..."

HanBin stayed at the dorm with the other members to finish some of the half-composed songs. However, the boys were going home one by one as the days passed. It was the day before Christmas eve. DongHyuk was the one who went back after the five. "Hyung, aren't you going home for Christmas celebration?"

The leader smiled slightly. "No until I complete these songs." Then the younger continued. "But at least you need to spend some time with your family. I bet JinYul noona and our little HanYul will be missing you a lot." HanBin's heart went softened. "Yeah, I guess you're right." He nodded and stood up to walk away, leaving DongHyuk standing there with the most dumbfounded face ever in his life. Minutes later, he appeared with bags in his hand and over his shoulder, while smiling to the young one. "Let's go." He said after keeping all the papers and files. DongHyuk let out a bright smile and followed his hyung. In fact, he had did something proud.

JinYul was preparing lunch for two. For the first few days, she indeed prepared for three but eventually she gave up for the disappointment he had gave her. Come on, Cho JinYul, he needs to focus in his work. He's a superstar. You can't just... Jiggling sound of keys was heard. "Daddy!" It was the voice of HanYul, calling for someone whom she had longing for. Her heart stopped beating for a milisecond as her hands stopped cutting the carrots as well. Is it...?

"HanYul yah, daddy's little princess. Do you miss me?" HanBin put down his things and picked the girl up in his embrace. "Of course I do! I've never seen you for weeks. Oh, yeah, daddy, I scored full marks for my maths!"

"Really? That's my girl!" He said as he put his daughter down. "Hmm... Where's mommy?"

"Mommy is in the kitchen. She miss you so much too." HanYul pouted. The dad patted her head and went to where his wife was. He saw a familiar figure. The woman he loved for years, looked so pale and thin. She turned around and saw him. "Hey... You're back." Her voice choked.

Without saying anything, he approached and hugged her tightly. "Hey, I miss you." JinYul couldn't hold her tears and she began to let out her emotions. HanBin knew it. He rubbed her back gently as she tried to calm herself down. He released her and wiped her tears. "Hey." He whispered. "I'm coming home so don't cry ok? I want to see your smile." JinYul blinked her tears away and smiled at him. The smile along with her cresent eyes always melted him. He missed her so much as well.

"What do we have for lunch today?" HanBin asked, trying to change the mood. "Umm... I'm making some carrot soup. Since you're home today, I have to do extra."

"Ah, it's easy. I'll help you." His suddden word caused her eyes to turn bigger."Really? B-but you just came back and you need to re..."

"I'll do it. Trust me, it's gonna be better than yours." JinYul twisted her lips and folded her arms. "I'll be waiting." She walked out of the kitchen, at the same time she couldn't hide her smile.

"Mommy, is daddy preparing the lunch now?" She saw HanYul sitting on the couch, munching some snacks. "Yes, we just need to wait for another half an hour." The 5 year-old grinned in joy. "Yeah! I miss daddy's cooking!" The smell of the soup was spread to the living room, attracting the two to the kitchen. "Daddy, it's smell so nice! I'm so hungry."

"HanYul yah, wait for a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter