The Warmest Winter

iKON Christmas Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Pairings: Kim JinHwan and Yang JaeRin]

 

"I'll never forget the time that we met, the winter when we fell in love." - Distance (BoA)

 

The smell of coffee filled the air in the house. Little by little, sip by sip, JaeRin took her hot white chocolate while her phone, wallet and a novel with a title The Fault in Our Stars were placed on the table. She put the mug down and checked her phone. No messages, no missed calls, none. She sighed and flipped the pages of the novel. It was like the thousandth time she read the story and yet she didn't get bored of it. Except for that day. She closed the book and decided to rest her eyes. She looked outside of the window. It was a week before Christmas. The streets were covered with thin layers of snow which was still falling. The faint light shining from the lamp posts brightened the almost dark scene. It must be cold outside there.

*Is everyone fine? How are Jeff and Penny getting on?* She suddenly remembered her foreign friends. *Does grandpa take his medicine regularly? Do appa and umma feel great with their new workplace? And also, does...*

"I would like to have a caramel frappuccino. Take away. Ah, less sugar please. Thank you." A sweet voice interrupted her thoughts. Unknowingly she turned around and looked towards the counter. She saw a guy.

He had dark-coloured hair, perfect nose and his skin was fair enough. His eyes kept smiling as he told his order. He seemed familiar.

JaeRin observed every single action of the guy. A nice, warm cup of frappuccino was handed to him while a gentle "thank you" followed. He turned and his sight met hers. She quickly glanced to the other side of the coffee house and pretended to know nothing. But then her eyes automatically went back to him. He had left.

Pouting, she took the last sip of her chocolate and saw her phone vibrating.

Party in our house tonight!

She smiled and packed all her things. After paying for her drinks, she pushed the door opened and walked into the coldness.

 

Three days before Christmas.

"Umm... White chocolate, hot one. Thank you." JaeRin was in her beidge sweater and a white pair of long pants which showed her skinny legs. She walked to the place she sat last time and patiently waited for her drinks. She began to look at the entrance time by time without reason. And a cloud of thoughts flooded her mind.

Will he come? What is the time that he usually be here? Which beverage does he like? Is it the same with me? What does he plan for Christmas? Who...

"Your hot white chocolate, Miss." JaeRin turned to the young waitress and blinked. "Oh, thank you so mu..."

The bell hanging on top of the entrance door rang. A familiar figure appeared. HE. WASN'T. ALONE.

Just then, her phone in her pocket vibrated. There was a new message. But she ignored. She saw him coming in with a brown puppy in his arms. Putting down the cute thing on the ground, he stared at the menu board hanging up there. "Green tea latte for me. Thank you."

"First try?" The guy at the counter asked with a smile while pressing the icons on the screen.

He smiled awkwardly in return and replied. "Yeah."

The puppy noticed JaeRin. And she saw it too. Both of them exchanged glances for a few seconds before the brown thing reacted.

"No, no, no, no, no..." She slightly shook her head as the puppy wiggled its almost-none tail. Step by step it moved towards her as she gulped. The puppy went around her legs and played with her shoelace.

"What the... Where is Poko?" JinHwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter