Suprise Suprise

Träumerei


            "Jun, did you call Dongho?" Jaeseop asked to the absent-minded teenager seated in front of an open book in the coffee table, playing with a pen between his fingers while having his eyes fixed on the television.
            "Yes... he said he would be here in about 20 minutes, but it's Dongho we're talking about, so it might be 40 minutes."
            "That's okay, I still have time to prepare Kiseop's surprise then." Jaeseop said mostly to himself. "Tell me if Kiseop comes back." He requested, heading to his room after receiving an okay from the youngest.
            A little more than a week had passed since Jaeseop -with Jun's help of course- had convinced Kiseop to give it a try to the band. And that night was the time to show Kiseop that all this would work because he could feel his instincts tickling him. Jaeseop was sure of it.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

            Kiseop heaved out a long sigh, his hand pressed against his forehead, trying to soothe the headache as he walked down an aisle. Books were taking over each side of the bookcases on either side as he searched for an empty spot to place the ones he was holding.
            "Why won't this headache go away?" he murmured to himself, throwing a glance at his phone to check the time.
            He had three more hours ahead of him before closing the shop and going home. Usually he wouldn't be bothered by it, Kiseop liked his job, liked being surrounded by books, but right now that insistent head ache made three hours seem like a torture. The tall raven took a deep breath when one of the books in his hands fell.
            He just wanted to lay in his bed and sleep for a whole day.
            Kiseop heard the little 'ting' sound that indicated when the door opened as he bent down and retrieved the book that had fallen. He groaned lowly when he heard his boss talking with the newcomer and sent him toward Kiseop, for him to help him find the book he was searching for.
            "Um, excuse me?"
            Yeah, I excuse you alright, Kiseop thought sarcastically as he turned his head slightly to the side and glanced to the stranger from over his shoulder while putting the book in its place on the shelf.
            "Yes, how may I help you?" Kiseop muttered, turning his body around to face the customer, but the man was closer than what he was expecting, something that made him take two steps aback, resulting in him hitting the shelf full of books behind him and causing two of them to fall from his arms again. Great. He groaned, without any try to hide his annoyance, considering throwing all of the books on the floor and leaving them there. But, just as the thought crossed his mind the same way he dismissed it.
    He was about to bent down when another hand grabbed the books and put them over the others in his hands. Just then he paid attention to the person that had just startled him.
            "Be careful there!" the stranger said and something in that tiny smile he gave made Kiseop feel a weird sensation, like his breath had been knocked away.
            "Th-thank you." He stuttered, blushing a very light shade of pink as he stood there frozen in place, staring at the dark eyes of the stranger.
            Kiseop barely caught a glimpse of the light movement of the customer's shoulder as he shrugged in response. He was completely mesmerized by the eyes that were smiling at him, getting lost in them somehow.
            His heart skipped a beat and he felt all the blood in his system rushing to his face out of nervousness when the stranger waved his hand in front of his face, making Kiseop notice he was staring. Just then, the raven felt a dull pain in his chest and realised that he was clutching the books close to his body, their corners digging in his skin, as he tried to look for some kind of support for some reason that exceeded him.
            "Are you alright?" The stranger asked, concern obvious in his voice as he leaned closer and his strangely warm fingers -it was mid-February and the world was so cold outside- brushed Kiseop's red cheek, causing him to jerk back and stutter another apology.
            "Ye-yeah, I...I'm fine." Kiseop turned and begun to arrange the books on the shelves again, not looking at the other as he uttered his next words. "How can I help you?" He asked with a slightly shaken voice.
            If the customer had found anything odd in his behavior he chose to ignore it, just as Kiseop had ignored how tenderly the stranger’s fingers had grazed on his cheek -in all truth he was still trying to do so.
            "I was looking for a book of Greek myths." the customer stated, drawing Kiseop's eyes back to him, earning his complete attention with just that line.
            In that very phase of his school life, the literature student was studying and submerging himself in Greek literature, something he found fascinating.
            "Greek mythology? We actually have a whole shelf dedicated to that theme. You see we're near the university and a lot of students come here searching for books like those." He went on as he put away the last book he was holding and motioned for the stranger with the kind eyes to follow him to the second floor of the bookstore. "Are you studying on this matter?"
            "Not really." He responded, following Kiseop up the stairs, hands on his pockets. "I stumbled upon this myth about Orfeo and Eurydice on the internet some days ago and it really got me, then I was suddenly reading myths 'till four in the morning." he shook his head like he couldn't believe himself. "So I wanted to just look for more." The stranger confessed, earning a musical chuckle from Kiseop.
            Kiseop felt his lips forming in a small smile as he searched through the selves. "That myth is very beautiful and, as I have gone through my myth-crazed phase before, I can really understand how you got swept away by them. Ah, here it is!" He exclaimed and pulled out a big book with dark green, hard cover and gold letters that he couldn't hold back from caressing with his long fingers "Here," he murmured turning and reaching out the book for the stranger to take it. "This has all the Greek myths and also the additional versions to some of them."
            The dark haired man looked at the book with a glint of amazement evident in his eyes, going through the first pages and scanning the titles of the myths. "Wow, thank you!" He glanced up at Kiseop, a small thankful smile tugging on his lips. "I was expecting I had to buy more than just one."
            "Well there are some other interesting books about mythology, but this one is the most complete, and particularly my favourite." If there was something Kiseop loved to talk about, apart from music, were books; he always enjoyed when he found someone as interested as him on them.
    Jun might be right when he said that he wasn't doing what he really would have wanted to do, but literature was a kind of art he loved almost as much as music, and he didn't regret that he had left his first dream behind for it. Although, now that there was a possibility of it becoming reality he would really try his best to accomplish it; despite his complains to Jaeseop.
            "Okay then, if you recommend this I believe it will be good."
            The man gave a lopsided grin and closed the book again, putting his hand over the cover as he looked Kiseop straight in the eyes.
            "It's amazing actually...not just good." Is he flirting me?
            The stranger's laugh had Kiseop taking a deep breath.
            "Okay, okay." The raven raised his hands -one holding the book- in front of him. "I'll get this then."
            Yes, he was definitely trying to flirt, and if there was a game Kiseop wasn't willing to play that was the flirting game; he didn't need that.
    As he always did when he got slightly interested in someone he pushed that thought away.
            "Good." Kiseop said coldly, reaching out his hand to take the book and heading downstairs, with the customer just a step behind him, and towards the cash register. "Thank you for your preferance on us. Enjoy the book." Kiseop said politely, leaving the book on the counter for the cashier to make the ticket and he turned around to continue with his work.
    Kiseop shook his head as he crouched down and took another armful of books before resuming what he did earlier.
            Flirting -or relationships in general- was never his kind of thing. Kiseop always found them to be too much of a hassle and he was already busy as it was, so the last thing he needed was to add another person's -that wasn't his family- problems to his own. Also, he had seen how most of his friends' relationships had ended or how quickly Jaeseop went from girl to girl giving various excuses when asked about them, like, "I got bored.", "her boyfriend didn't like it", "she just wasn't the one", or things along those lines, something Kiseop despised.
            So, Kiseop was better off the hook of the renowned game, but...no matter his thoughts on the matter he caught his eyes wandering back to the stranger, following him as he exited the store and walked to his expensive car. The memory of those big beautiful eyes lingered in his mind, sending warmth to his cheeks, but he would forget that. It wouldn't be the first time he ignored those kind of sensation and surely not the last time.
            At least his headache had waned.
            Three torturous hours later and Kiseop was heading to the bus station. That day in particularly the mere thought of going down some stairs to take a crowded subway train didn't thrill him, even if that meant he would reach home half an hour later than usual.
    Kiseop was thankful when he saw the bus approaching not too long after he reached to the station and he let out a soft sigh when he sat down, plugging his earphones in and closing his eyes as the quick rhythm of the guitar and the drums took over. He begun to move his fingers unconsciously, patting his thigh along to the beat of the song. He got lost in the lyrics, singing in mind.
            The vibration and loud sound of the phone ringing scared Kiseop out of his daze, provoking him to almost drop the electronic device when he tried to answer the upcoming call.
            "Jaeseop don't scare me like that!" He complained on the phone while pinching the bridge of his nose to keep his face hidden from some curious eyes directed to him.
            "I won't even ask and just guess that you were on your own world again..." Jaeseop said, smile evident in his voice. "Where are you? Are you coming home already?"
            "Yeah, I'm on the bus,” Kiseop answered turning to look out of the window before continuing. “Why, are the two of you hungry?"
            Kiseop could hear the noise of the plates clanking together before his brother’s voice irrupted again through the cellphone. "No, actually dinner is ready, we are waiting for you." Jaeseop informed him, which scared Kiseop even more than the phone ringing just minutes ago. The simple image of Jaeseop in the kitchen made him shiver if terror.
            "What!? You didn't burn the house right?" He shrieked, but this time he wasn’t worried of the looks that his outburst dragged to his direction. Silence. "Jaeseop?" Kiseop growled into his phone.
            "No, no! We didn't burn the house, but I...kinda...ruined a couple frying pans before Jun threw me out of the kitchen..." Jaeseop mumbled, making Kiseop close his eyes and heave out a long sigh.
            "Jaeseop...please do not touch anything more in my kitchen." Kiseop breathed out in annoyance, fixating his eyes on the buildings outside the window again. "I'm about ten minutes away." he added after taking in his surroundings.
            "Don't worry, Jun is in the kitchen now." Kiseop could feel the roll of his brother’s eyes in his voice.
            "Keep him away from my kitchen too." Kiseop grumbled before hanging up. "Idiot brothers of mine." His head made a soft thump as he let it tilt to the side and rest on the window. He just hoped his brothers wouldn't do anything else to destroy his precious stuff.

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

            The door of the apartment burst open and Kiseop hurried to the kitchenette to judge with his own eyes if everything was alright.
            "Hello...yes, I’m fine too... I didn't burn myself, thanks for asking..." Jaeseop's deadpanned voice reached Kiseop's ears from behind.
            "It's you, Jaeseop, you will survive." Kiseop answered, searching eyes taking in every small detail that would give out any accident that may or may not have happened. "Jun-?"
            "He's on the living room, you'd have seen him if you hadn't burst in the way you did." Jaeseop’s arms were folded on his chest, trying to look disapproving about Kiseop’s reaction, but the cat-like smile on his lips let out how amusing and funnily cute he really found his paranoid and extremely melodramatic brother’s reactions.
            "I had to make sure everything was fine," Kiseop said with a smug expression on his face as he finally turned to look at Jaeseop. "Can you shut the door please~" it wasn't a question and Jaeseop knew it so he unfolded his arms with a sigh and  slowly made his way towards the front door as Kiseop walked into the living room.
            "Hello baby bro!" Kiseop exclaimed, back-hugging Jun who was seated on the couch, kissing his cheek and continuing hugging him as he took notice of another person. "Oh! And who is this guy?" He asked good-naturedly.
            "Do you remember Dongho?" Jun asked, turning around in his brother's embrace, watching how his mouth opened in recognition after some minutes of staring at Dongho.
            "Dongho! Wow, I didn't recognize you!" He smiled sweetly at the young, brown haired boy.
            "You know him?" Came Jaeseop's question from the entrance.
            "He had been Jun's friend since they were in elementary school, of course I know him."
            Dongho smiled back at Kiseop, chuckling when aforementioned ruffled his hair and jumped over the back of the sofa to take a seat inbetween the two friends.
            "I heard someone cooked today..." His tone was inquiring, eyebrow raised as he tried to ignore Jaeseop who mumbled behind them.
            "Yeah! I did! And I have to inform you that it came out deh-li-ssous!!"
            "Way to speak proper English kiddo." Kiseop joked, but he was left speechless when he found his lap full suddenly, a black case resting on his thighs.
            Kiseop eyed the case in all its length. It had the form of a- but no it couldn't be...
    "What is this?" He asked wide-eyed and gaping up at Jaeseop, before returning his eyes to the case as his hands caressed it, apparently in their own will.
            "It's a case in the shape of a guitar full of money." Jaeseop answered sarcastically, earning himself a light punch at his leg -as he stood in front of Kiseop- making Jun and Dongho laugh with his exaggerated pained expression.
            "You didn't..." Kiseop mumbled in awe, fingers playing with the zip before tugging at it.
            "Ooooh, yes, I did!" Jaeseop exclaimed, satisfied with Kiseop’s awestruck expression as the oldest of them all stared speechless at the shiny black beauty in front of him.
            He took it out admiring it with starry eyes as his hand followed the curves of the gorgeous Marshall. "This is..." Any word that he tried to pronounce died in his throat as a lump formed there.
            "This is yours," Jaeseop smiled down, happy to have drawn that reaction from his brother.
            "Jaeseop!" letting the guitar in Jun's lap and the case in Dongho’s, Kiseop jumped on his feet wrapping his arms around Jaeseop's neck, feeling a moisture -he wasn’t willing to allow spill out- in his eyes and a warm feeling in his chest. Happiness didn’t describe what he was feeling.
            "Woah, there!" Jaeseop chuckled, feeling his self being crashed between his brother's long limps. "You're welcome Kiseoppie." He said, wrapping his arms around Kiseop's torso. "Now, now. Come look at the rest of the set." He coaxed, pulling back and pointing to Jun who had already walked up to a corner of their apartment, ready to pull a bed sheet that covered something Kiseop had failed to notice before.
            "When did that get there!?" He exclaimed, wandering his eyes over the drums, another guitar -a red one- and two amplifiers.
            "You were too worried for your precious kitchen to notice a thing." Jaeseop mocked passing one arm over Kiseop's shoulder and pinching his cheek with his other hand. "Now, do you believe me when I say we can do this?"
            The oldest's shoulders sagged a little before he took hold of his guitar and walked to the set to connect it in the amplifier.
            "I believe we can try..." he said, pressing on chords, it felt so good to feel the weight of the Marshall in his hands. "But...yeah, why not!" He concluded, turning and giving a broad, bright smile to his brother, dragging his fingers down the chords and making the guitar leave out an ecstatic sound.
            Although he still had some doubts about all this, Kiseop was determined to make this idea succeed.

 


Alex: woohoo~ chapter 2 so soon~!! *high-5's with Jun*
Danii: Yay! We are fast workers!!
Alex: hahaha well it's easier writing with company *huggles* so~ Kiseop is giving in~
Danii: it is *squeezes* he didn't last long wanting to be stubborn.
Alex: how can he when he has this cutie pleading him. *ruffles Jun's hair* okay Junnie-boy wanna close up today?
Jun: without me there wouldn't exist this story. Right?
*Alex and Dani glance at each other*
Alex:....yeahbaby of course there won't be a story without you~

Jun: *grins* bye-bye everyone see you next time *waves*
Alex: Jun...don't be like Eli... -.-
Jun: *chuckles awkwardly* hehe sorry... *turns to readers* we hope you liked this chapter and leave a comment of you want for us to now your thoughts~