Fateful Encounters

Träumerei

 

 

          Jaeseop threw the covers from over his body while he reached a hand out to grab his phone and do just what the grumbling voice - "Shut it already!" - of his little brother shouted at him.

          "Yeah, yeah!" he mumbled, stopping the device while rubbing his face, his eyes still heavy with the need for sleep.

          "You've got the morning shift?" Kiseop's slightly hoarse voice came from the open door as the boy leaned his side against the doorframe trying to keep his eyes open.

          "Yes . . . you too?" Jaeseop grumbled, standing on his feet and walking to his brother who leaned his forehead on his shoulder.

          "We have a display change . . . plus it's Saturday. . ."

          "And precisely because it’s Saturday this is an ungodly hour to get up," Jaeseop muttered sliding an arm around Kiseop's frame, dragging him along towards the bathroom where he passed a toothbrush, with dentifrice over it already, for his half-asleep brother to begin getting ready. "I'll make some coffee while you're at it," he announced before walking out of the small washroom, and towards the kitchen.

          Minutes later, when the older brother came out of his room, ready to face a busy day, he found Jaeseop with his cellphone etched on his ear, a playful smirk curling his lips while pouring on the cups the only thing he was able to make without burning the house: coffee.

          Kiseop rolled his eyes in his way to the fridge, smiling lightly at his brother's side of the conversation as he took out the bottle of milk and then reached for the cereal and what else they'd need.

          "Okay, see you then . . . bye." Jaeseop ended the call, holding his phone between his ear and his shoulder until he let the cups on the little table and was able to reach for it.

          "You amaze me," Kiseop commented, using his most sarcastic tone when his brother took a seat opposite him.

          "How so?"

          Kiseop took his time answering as he munched on a spoonful of crunchy cereal. "Such a flirt and so early in the morning."

          A lopsided smile tugged on one corner of Jaeseop's lips. "Do you want me to teach you how to do it?" he teased lifting one of his eyebrows before sipping on his black coffee.

          Kiseop simply shook his head while the spoon withdrew from his plump lips, deliberately ignoring his brother's comment.

          "How about we go out tonight," Jaeseop suggested grabbing a toast that had just jumped out of the toaster. "I have some friends that would like to meet you."

          Kiseop stared at his brother for a minute before gesturing at him with his spoon, "To get this clear; are you trying to hook me up?"

          Jaeseop huffed out in annoyance, crossing his arms over his chest. "What if I am?" This had his brother sighing and turning to his breakfast, not wanting to quarrel with his brother so early in the morning. "Kiseop, look, I understand that you might not want to get into something complicated but, come on! We both know that you put us over you all the time. . ."

          "I don't see how that is a problem," Kiseop muttered glaring at his cereal. He always tried to avoid this kind of conversations with Jaeseop because it always ended badly. And if there was something he hated was fighting with his brother.

          "How could that not be a problem? You are not living for yourself." Jaeseop said leaning forward and waiting for Kiseop to look at him. When he didn't, he continued, "You forgot about yourself when mom died. . ."

          At those words Kiseop finally gazed up with a demanding gleam. "Jaeseop . . . no!" he held his hand out in try to stop him because he knew this matter pained them both.

          "You were just ten when the accident happened," Jaeseop gulped as that hurtful memory replayed in his mind. "And when I came back from the hospital you just decided to dedicate yourself in taking care of me because dad was too busy with work." Jaeseop commented calmly trying to hold back his emotions —sadness from the memory of his mother's lost, remorse of how much Kiseop had given up for his brothers' good, anger towards his father— insisting in making his point clear.

          "I wanted to take care of you!" Kiseop exclaimed, trying to not let his eyes fill with tears. "Nobody made me do it!"

          "Dad made you do it in a way!" Jaeseop bit back, eyes hardening.

          Kiseop stayed silent for a minute, not wanting to let the emotion take over him. "I don't care, okay? I wanted to care for you and Jun . . . and that's what I did." He said, getting up and walking towards the exit of the room, but Jaeseop grabbed his hand, holding him in place as he passed by him.

          "Seoppie . . . thank you," he said, tightening his hold around Kiseop's thin wrist. "Thank you for dedicating your life in raising us."

          "Jae-" Kiseop choked but he was interrupted.

          "But, I'm old enough now to care of myself and, believe it or not, Jun isn't a defenseless toddler anymore . . . so please, please, think about yourself more from now on."

          Kiseop felt his emotions clamping his throat making difficult to respond to what his brother had just said, sadness and happiness mingling in his chest. His bottom lip quivered as his glassy eyes dripped salty tears that rolled down his milky cheeks.

          "Y-You two are a-all I need," he murmured between huffed breaths, not trying to hold back his tears anymore.

          Jaeseop looked his brother break down in tears, overwhelmed by how much he loved him and Jun. Carefully he stood up and embraced the shaking body closely. "We won't disappear of your life just because you decided to live it," the taller brother whispered between dark tresses. "We want to see you happy, doing what you want, living your life as you please and deserve without thinking of us constantly." Jaeseop kissed the top of his brother's head, squeezing him in his arms.

           "But I live my life. . ." Kiseop choked out.

          "You do, but you have us as the center of it when you should have you as it.” Jaeseop drew a little aback to look into his brother’s eyes. “No matter what you decide, you will still have us to annoy you and pick fun on you and need you, Seoppie."

          Kiseop's hands clutched on the back of his brother's shirt as he was slowly calming down, taking deep breaths and avoiding Jaeseop’s intense gaze.

          "So, come with me tonight, just to hang out, I won't try to do something you don't want to." He rubbed soothingly Kiseop's back, taking a deep breath as he waited for his answer.

          Kiseop broke the hug taking a step back. Using the back of his hand, he wiped away the last trace of tears with a small content smile that was brightening his face.

          "I'll think about it," he concluded taking his half-full cup of coffee to the counter to refille it while commenting jokingly, "Because of you, my coffee got cold."

          Jaeseop let out an affectionate laugh before heading out of the kitchen. "I have to go to work," he said stretching his arms over his head. "You have to be ready around nine. I don't know where Hoon will want to go."

          "Hey!" Kiseop exclaimed, "I said I'll think about it, not that I'll come!" Laughing at his brother's retort Jaeseop got into his bedroom and started pulling out what he'd wear while Kiseop sipped on his coffee walking to his own bedroom to get ready.

          He sat on the bed, leaving his cup on the nightstand as he started fixing the covers over his little brother.

          While looking at Jun's sleeping face, Kiseop couldn't imagine how he would be able to put himself before his brothers; they were his whole world. But he had to agree with Jaeseop, all his decisions had always been made thinking on the best for them.

          As when he quit music before even trying. Jun was too young back then and he needed someone to be there by his side, his father's job had forbidden him to spend too much time in the house so Kiseop – without considering twice – had decided that as the elder brother he should take upon the role of a responsible adult and allow Jaeseop to keep pursuing his dream of becoming a musician. Or when he had decided to move out of his father's house - if he knew Jaeseop wasn't comfortable there he wouldn't have moved out so soon - but he knew that his brother needed to get away and that was all the reason he needed to make up his mind.

          Maybe now that both of them were doing so well, he could allow himself to be a little selfish and just have fun.

          Maybe.

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

          "Guess what!" Jaeseop beamed at his friend as they got changed in the room at the back side of the shop.

          "What?" Hoon asked, stretching out in his place.

          "I told you to guess, Hoon!"

          Hoon let out a tired sigh, scratching his head before pleading Jaeseop with his eyes. "It's too early for me to think, Jae. . ." he whined but he saw his friend wouldn't back off. "Okay . . . uhm . . . you found a bassist?"

          "Nope yet but the audition is the next week. Try again."

          "Hmm, you got laid?"

          Jaeseop gave him a playful smirk, "I did but this is not important either. . ."

          Hoon rolled his eyes, closing his locker and heading to the front of the shop. "You should share a little sometime," the brunet complained while walking to the coffee machine to set it ready, earning a bark of laugher from his friend. "A hint?" he asked.

          "No," Jaeseop exclaimed playfully, dragging the word, from his place in front of the cash register.

          "Then, I give up." Hoon concluded with a huff.

          "You're not funny, Hoon."

          Hoon smiled, turning on the coffee machines, "What can we do . . . You have to live with it." He poked out his tongue and went to unlock the door.

          "Okay then. . ." Jaeseop grumbled, starting waiting on the customers that had already stepped in.

          "You won't tell me?"

          Jaeseop didn't answer.

          "You want me to plead?"

          The raven tried not to laugh as he passed the order to his friend.

          "You gonna let me here die of curiosity?" As the lack of answer continued, Hoon smacked his friend's in his way behind him. "Stingy."

          Hours passed and the "Jaeseop what is it?" or "You really won't tell me?" followed by a "You know, I don't really care" and finishing with a "You will end up telling me, you can't resist not telling me" reached Jaeseop's ears from his left side every five minutes, unstoppable. He knew Hoon was curious and the silence he got as an answer not just increased his curiosity but also his annoyance.

          It was another half an hour later that Jaeseop decided to break the silence with a comment.

          "You know . . . I don't know why Kiseop and Dongho insist so much on getting a bassist," he told Hoon, a bored expression as he gazed around the shop, elbow popped in the wooden counter and his open hand holding his face. "We are good as we are now, we don't need a stranger to ruin everything."

          Hoon let out a long sigh before replying to his friend. "Why are you assuming he will ruin everything?" he questioned just receiving a shrug as response.

          Minutes ticked by and not any words left their lips until. . .

          "That’s what I should guess?"

          A cat like smile appeared on Jaeseop's face. "No, it wasn't." He turned to take the order of a customer before turning again to Hoon. "You know what . . . I'll let it as a surprise; you will know anyway in a few hours," he smirked playfully, laughing at his friend's exasperated groan.

          "You're torturing me!"

          "I know~"

          Hoon started whining about how mean Jaeseop was being, but the tall man didn't badge on his decision. And thus their shift was spent with Hoon fishing for even a small clue.

          "So when am I gonna find out?" Hoon asked when they changed, pulling his hoodie over his head.

          "When you'll come fetch me later."

          "Sadist," was the last word Jaeseop could make between the grumbled words coming out of Hoon's mouth as he walked away.

          Hoon was always fun to tease and in the year he had known him that had exactly became one of Jaeseop's hobbies.

          When Jaeseop reached home he found himself alone, welcomed by just a note of Jun saying he would stay on Dongho's place. So, making good use of the silence he decided to sleep until he needed to get ready.

          He wasn't slightly surprised that the sound of the doorbell woke him up late in the afternoon, an hour earlier of what they had agreed, and less to find a curious and eager Hoon behind the door. "So, what is it?" was the first thing he asked when he saw Jaeseop making him laugh and shake his head.

          "You have no patience running in your veins, do you?" Jaeseop mocked, turning on his heels and letting his friend in the apartment.

          "Not when you act so excited and then just torture me!" he let out an exasperated exclaim, throwing his hands in the air in annoyance as he walked to the kitchenette to pour himself a drink.

          "Yeah, yeah. Don't drink Kiseop's strawberry juice; I'm most certain he'll kill us this time."

          "Don't worry, I'll put all the blame on you," came Hoon's sarcastic retort, making Jaeseop roll his eyes and look at his watch. Hoon just observed him intently waiting for him to talk, when he finished his glass of soda and Jaeseop stil hadn't spoken a word, he whined again, "Will you just tell me!?"

          Jaeseop turned to him glaring with a faked annoyed expression. "Can't you just wait dude?"

          "No, I've been waiting too long." Jaeseop could see in his friend's attitude a child stomping his feet when he doesn't get what he wants.

          "Just a lit-" the sound of the door cut Jaeseop mid-sentence, "See it wasn't a long wait," he continued when Kiseop entered the room taking off his bag at the same time.

          "Hell- oh Hoonie! Already here?" He exclaimed, giving a high five to the other male, smile splitting his lips in two.

          "Hey, Seoppie! What's up?"

          "Uh same old, dead tired. . ."

          Jaeseop came from behind Kiseop and leaned over his shoulder, smirking. "This is the surprise!" he announced gesturing to his brother and receiving a questioning look from their friend.

          "Why am I a surprise?" Kiseop looked back at Jaeseop over his shoulder, partially reflecting Hoon's expression.

          "He decided to drop the books and hang out with us tonight," Jaeseop announced with big grin directed to his friend.

          Hoon's brown eyes widened in surprise, "Really, Seoppie?!"

          "Yes." Shrugging off his brother's arm, Kiseop dropped his gaze to the floor. Honestly talking, he had spent a lot of time trying to make up an excuse, but his usually clever mind seemed unable to come up with something.

          "So, tonight Jaeseop might lose some chicks to his brother," Hoon sneered.

          Jaeseop scoffed, flicking Hoon's forehead. "Not gonna happen. Let's get ready, Kiseop," he ordered, dragging and pushing his brother towards his room before walking to his own. "By the way, Jun is at Dongho's," he informed as he took out of his closet the clothes he'd wear.

          He had already changed into dark jeans and a t-shirt and was pulling on a plaid shirt when Kiseop's voice came from the other room, leaving him dumbstruck for a moment before he broke into a fit of laughter.

          "What do we wear in clubs?"

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

          Two hours later Kiseop felt his body vibrate with the quick stabs of the music that passed through him, once he stepped a foot into the crowed club and they walked into the club evading the dancing people. The sound of the ripping bass erupted through the air, transforming the soft vibration in a slightly uncomfortable feeling that made Kiseop's stomach churn. Hoon placed a reassuring hand on Kiseop's shoulder as he guided him to the couches that were placed on the side of the dance floor, while Jaeseop went to the bar looking for some cocktails.

          The heat inside the club made Kiseop take off his leather jacket almost instantly as he took a seat, revealing the shirt with white and black stripes that glued to his toned body —Hoon's suggestion—, a pair of black tight jeans and boots completing his attire.

          He let his eyes wander around, scrutinizing the place, before they fell on his brother's figure with three drinks in his hands. Jaeseop handed him a red drink with a strawberry on the side of the drinking glass –Dirty Strawberry as Jaeseop had mentioned was its name– before warning him in whisper, loud enough to surpass the wobbling beat of the music, "Go easy on it."

          Kiseop threw an unsure look at his brother before he reluctantly neared his lips to the glasse's lips, sipping the tiniest amount he could. "It's nice," he said but his voice couldn't be heard so he saw his brother leaning near him, hand cupped behind his ear, "It's nice!" Kiseop yelled receiving a grin from Jaeseop who dragged back and gave him a thumps up.

          He rested his back on the couch, watching the people around him as he held his drink, big wondrous eyes scanning the place, not sure if he liked what he was seeing. He found the place to be a little too dark for his tastes, the music already making a headache start throbbing lightly at the back of his head.

          His eyes traveled to the people dancing and drinking, sweaty bodies colliding in seductive ways, lips yelling the lyrics of the song, while Kiseop brought his drink to his lips and took a mouthful, flinching a little at the taste of something too strong for what he was used to.

          "See something interesting?" Kiseop caught the curious glance of Hoon, seated on his right, when he turned upon hearing the question.

          He doubted how to answer. He really wasn't interested in this environment, less in the people he could see from his position, but at least spending time with friends was enjoyable. Kiseop shrugged one shoulder, taking another sip of his cocktail. "It's noisier than I thought." he commented with a sweet smile, earning a laugh from Hoon.

          "Let's go dance, you may find something then," Hoon suggested, throwing a glance at Jaeseop that, standing near them, seemed to already have found his own entertainment. He made a sign towards the dance floor to make him know where they were going to be, before guiding Kiseop there.

          Kiseop glanced around him, trying to avoid contact with the strangers around him as much as he could in their way to the very center of the dance floor. He stood still when they reached there, an unsure look on his face as he watched the almost lunatic way the others danced.

          "Come on! Don't stand like that!" Hoon yelled in his ear, causing him to grimace and then chuckle at the hilarious way his friend moved his body, nodding at some girl and winking, making her take a strange expression before shaking her head and walking elsewhere.

          Slowly following the rhythm of the music Kiseop begun to dance but every now and then he found himself being forced to stop to control the laughter that Hoon's unique moves provoked.

          Minutes ticked by with just the two friends laughing and joking in the middle of the dance floor until a group of girls approached them. A brunette with wavy hair and beautiful red lips stretched in a tiny smile waltzed her way near Kiseop. Without even asking she draped her arm over Kiseop's shoulder, moving her body close to his as she danced. Kiseop took a step back, trying in a gentle and subtle way to give out his discomfort at the sudden closeness.

          "Name's Jess. Haven't seen you around before," the girl said in his ear, hugging both of his shoulders now with her hand, moving even closer.

          Kiseop threw a look at Hoon, pleading for help, but he found his friend dancing with the other two girls in an exaggerated manner. They seemed to know each other.

          "And yours?" Kiseop heard a purr in his ear, soft hands caressing his shoulder as he unconsciously swayed his body along with the girl’s movements.

          "Huh?"

          A chuckle escaped from her lips. “Your name?" she repeated, drawing a little back before poking Kiseop's chest with her index finger, while looking into Kiseop's surprised eyes making him advert his gaze.

          "K-Kiseop."

          "Oh such a nice name." The girl said, giving him a sultry look, making him feel even more uncomfortable.

          "Uhm . . . Th-thank you." Kiseop mumbled. Just this song and she will get away, he thought naïvely still trying to catch his friend's attention. But one song became two and then changed into a third one, making Kiseop swallow hard because the girl was rubbing against him and he just wanted her to stop. And in a little moment of distraction he had lost Hoon from his sight, the place seemed to be getting more cramped. His mind started to think of a way to get out of his current situation as the realization that he was alone with the girl set on him.

          Finally, trying to keep his voice in a steady tone to hide his nervousness, Kiseop spoke again. "I need a drink," he thumbed back signaling for the bar.

          But his planned ended up back firing on him.

          "I was about to suggest the same." Red lips drew closer to his earlobe and suggestive voice filled his ear, "Maybe then we can find a less crowded place."

          Without answering Kiseop brought his hands up to Jess' forearms and gently push her away. He turned around heading to the bar when he felt her hand sneaking into his. Closing his eyes he took a deep sigh and retrieved his hand. He didn't like this. "I'm sorry Jess but I-"

          "Oh here you are!" He heard suddenly his brother's voice, feeling his hand draping over his shoulder.

          Kiseop turned and send a terrified look at Jaeseop screaming for help internally. Jaeseop didn't need words to understand.

          "I'm sorry, miss but he's unavailable today."

          "But-"

          Jaeseop smiled sadly and leaned close to the girl's ear to whisper something that made her open her eyes in surprise before mumbling some quick excuses and walking away.

          "What did you say to her?" Kiseop asked in wonder, turning to look at his brother's mischievous smile.

          "Nothing you want to know," was the only answer he got, but the smirk in his brother's face was telling otherwise.

          "Jae-"

          "I saved you, isn't that enough?" Feigned innocent tone filled his tone at his next words, "Besides what could I have said."

          "I know you," Kiseop scrutinized the Jaeseop's face looking for the answer.

          "You have a really poor image of me."

          Kiseop heaved out a sigh. "I really want a drink now."

          A big grin spread on Jaeseop's lips. "Let's go! I let my friend waiting on the bar when I saw you so desperate to run away."

          Kiseop felt his brother's hand drape over his shoulders as he coaxed him toward the bar and to his new friend –of the night probably– before ordering another one of the same drink as before for him. And Kiseop found himself mindlessly sipping on it while moving softly along to the beat, not bothering to get in a conversation with the other two as he took mouthful of alcohol after mouthful and watched the people around him. He remembered Hoon dropping by at some point, chest heaving from dancing too much and ordering a drink, asking if Kiseop enjoyed his time before vanishing again.

          "I'm heading to the restroom." Kiseop half-yelled at his brother's ear to let him know where he would be and when he was back Jaeseop was nowhere to be found. Kiseop shrugged, it wasn't like he was a child and couldn't leave his brother's side anymore. So he ordered another one of the strawberry scented drink, choosing to ignore the light feeling of dizziness.

          Wobbling slightly, a smile was plastered in his face as an unexpected happiness clouded his mind, he intended to head to the less clamped place –which meant the couches on the left side of the bar–, but his initial plan was soon discarded when Kiseop turned around and his foot tangled with one of the stools resulting in his cocktail splattering in a black chest. The tall raven just stared how the red liquid rolled down while his dizzy mind tried to register what had just happened. And when he finally understood the situation an apologize was quickly slurred out. “’M-m . . . s-sorry.”

          Kiseop felt his face heat up as he raised sparkling dark eyes to meet the man's. When their eyes locked, he felt his breath hitch slightly, and stuttered out another apology as the man wiped his shirt, "I'm very sorry," the words tumbled out of his lips again, but for his great surprise the stranger smiled lightly, flipping his hand in a dismissing motion. 
          "It's okay, don't worry." 
          Kiseop smiled lightly back, receiving a light pat on his shoulder by him as he continued on his way to the couches. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to take another drink, but he couldn't find the will to let it go to waste. 
          He leaned back on the soft couch, rubbing a palm over his forehead as he felt his world spin around everytime he moved his head. But ignoring that feeling he sipped the rest of the drink that hadn't land in the man's tee shirt; the movement just worsened the dizziness of his mind.
          The cup almost slipped from his hand when he tried to leave it in the small table placed in the middle of the couches, but a hand appeared stopping his own before grabbing the cup.
          "Are you alright?" the man from before whispered in his ear, causing a light tremble to shoot down Kiseop's spine when his lips caressed his earshell accidentally.
          Kiseop pulled back abruptly, feeling his head swimming and his face getting hotter as he watched the man. "Y-yes," he rasped, trying to take in the stranger's handsome features in on the dim lighted club.
          "You sure?" the dark haired man asked him again.
          Kiseop nodded before standing up. Bad choice. Once on his feet, the floor seemed to sway under him, threatening to make him lost his balance. Kiseop tried to wobble his way to the bathroom, just to end face first on a strong shoulder.
          "You don't seem okay," a deep voice murmured in his ear as an arm draped around his waist. "Did you come alone?" concern filled the man's voice. And the only response he could give was a shake of head. "Do you know where your friends are?" Kiseop shook his head again, hand gripping on the other’s bicep. "Come here," the man said, putting his arm protectively around Kiseop's shoulders and leading him gently to the restroom, where he made him lean on the sink and started pressing cold water with palm over his face. "My name is E--im."
          Kiseop blinked his eyes, trying to focus on the man's words and not the movement of his lips as those words came out, but to no avail. He felt mesmerized by the way the stranger's full lips formed around syllables that escaped his consciousness and without thinking further of it he leaned forward and caught his lips in a gentle lip-lock.
          When was the last time he had been so bold with his actions? He couldn't remember it. Maybe it was just the alcohol in his system making him move, but when his eyes landed in those lips he couldn't stop himself.
          The gentle brush of their lips ignited fire in his body and the need for more filled his mind, but a little voice in the back of his mind –the little awareness lingering in his clouded by alcohol brain– was telling him that that small contact was enough. He drew back, leaning against the sink once more. However, as he slowly opened his eyes, Kiseop felt lips pressing against his own again in an eager kiss.
          The little voice screamed at him. It demanded him to stop, to push the man away, to give an end to the kiss, but in contrast his hands, that were gripping on the other's bicep, started pulling him closer, to press him more firmly against his body. His lips parted, tongue slipping between the man's, finding and playing with his own. Kiseop could feel his breath hitching in his throat when the man returned the slow motion, but it didn't last long. The man pulled back, dark eyes meeting Kiseop's. 
          "You're not in your right mind," he whispered, caressing Kiseop's cheek with the back of his hand, making him smile.
          "Come and dance with me." Kiseop rasped out, voice heavy with some kind of need he had never felt before.
          "Well I can't really leave you alone right now, can I?" the raven smiled back. Truth be told, he didn't want to leave Kiseop alone. "Do you feel better?" 
          "Yeah, just light-headed," Kiseop mumbled, his words still a little slurred. "But I want to dance," he concluded, grabbing the man's hand and walking back to the dance floor. His moves were decisive, more stable than before. 
          He chose to stop at the opposite side of the bar, at a tiny clearing he found inside the crowded space, turning to face the man, leaving his hand just to raise his arms over his head as he started waving his body to the beat of the music. He saw the man closing his eyes momentarily, his chuckle getting lost under the loud music before he let his arm circle Kiseop's hips and pulled him close.
          All the inhibitions forgotten thanks to the happiness filling his mind, Kiseop let his body move at his own will against that strong body. The dance moves that once he criticized were now flowing freely through his excited body.
          "You know," the man said in Kiseop's ear. "I think this is not the first time I see you," he commented, fixing his eyes with Kiseop's.
          He hummed in thought, draping his arms to hang over the man's shoulders. "Can't remember," he murmured, letting his lips rub gently over the other's ear.
          The man eyed his face, taking in every little detail, letting the matter brush off for the time being and tightening his hold on Kiseop's hips. "You never told me you name by the way."
          Kiseop looked up, a blinding smile stretching on his lips. "I'm Kiseop." The fingers of his left hand tangled into short dark tresses, his other hugging the man's shoulders and pulling him subtly closer. 
          "Kiseop. . ." The man tried the name on his tongue, nearing his lips to his cheek. "Feels nice on my tongue," he said, feeling Kiseop taking uneven little breaths as he caressed his lips toward Kiseop's mouth, kissing lightly its corner.
          Kiseop's heart raced as he turned barely his head, enough to capture the man's bottom lip between his own  it slightly into his mouth, before going for a full kiss. His tongue caressed every corner of the other's lips as it found its way into the hot alcohol tasting mouth. His hands tugged slightly the black tresses tangled with his slender fingers. His body was burning with a kind of desire he had never experienced before. Kiseop left a groan fall in the other's mouth when he felt him tugging him closer, accidentally rubbing against him. He pulled his lips away, leaning his forehead on the man's as he kept his eyes shut and breathed heavily, feeling the hot caress of fingers on the small of his back, where his t-shirt has slip up at the motions of man's insisting hands.

          Suddenly the dizziness was back, the world swirled, making his stomach churned and he was sure that if the man wasn't holding him his knees would have given up. "I . . . don't feel okay."

          The man caressed his sweaty cheek with the back of his hand, "Want me to take you home?" he suggested, no bad intention showing in his tone as he made Kiseop lean his head on his shoulder and started walking to the exit of the club when he felt a nod.

          What happened in the next half an hour Kiseop wasn't sure, he only remembered feeling annoyed at the piercing sound of his phone ringing, but he couldn't find the will to open his eyes and pick it up. The only thing that could reach his fogged brain was the sound of a door banging and a minute later Jaeseop's voice calling his name –filled with anger and concern– resounding in his room.

          "Too . . . loud. . ." Kiseop groaned, clenching his eyes and pushing his palms against his face.

          "Kiseop! Why the hell did you come back alone!? And without telling me!" Jaeseop was almost hysterical with worry. "Just how much did you have to drink?!"

          Kiseop groaned again, making his next words to come out from his mouth with a lot of strain. "Tomorrow . . . talk tomorrow. . ."

          "Don't you dare to fall asleep again," Jaeseop ordered as his brother brought the cover over his face, receiving a groan as response. "Are you okay? What happened?" he questioned calmer, worry still lingering in his tone.

          "'M fine, let me sleep," Kiseop's muffled and slightly slurred voice reached his ears.

          "Idiot," he mumbled affectionately caressing where Kiseop's head was under the covers. "We'll talk tomorrow," he concluded, letting the leather jacket on Kiseop’s bed before stepping out of the room to call Hoon and let him know Kiseop was okay.

          Kiseop had fallen asleep in a matter of seconds and when he woke up he felt like his head was going to explode like an atomic bomb, so he abandoned the futile tries to open his eyes and get up, deciding to just sleep it off.

          The next time he could take notice of the environment around him, he could hear muffled voices coming from the kitchen. His little brother's laughter and Jaeseop's annoyed groan stating that "It wasn't funny!"

          Kiseop groaned as he rolled on the bed, draping an arm over his eyes to defend them from the devilish sunrays that felt like they wanted to burn them out of their sockets. With all his willpower he sat up on the bed, letting his feet touch the floor. He felt a sharp pain on his head forcing him to close his eyes.

          After long minutes he finally was able to make his way to the bathroom. The reflection he saw on the mirror was one he had never seen before. He took his time washing his face, brushing his teeth wanting to get rid of the taste of alcohol in his mouth to finally be able to face his brothers.

          Groaning, he ran his fingers through his messy hair as he exited to the living room and turned for the kitchen. "Why, look who's awake!" Jun chirped, smiling brightly from his place seated on the counter upon seeing his brother's tired face. "Had a blast yesterday, I heard. And congratulations you almost gave Jaeseop a heart attack," the little one chuckled when Kiseop sat on a chair and let his head fall on the tabletop on his crossed arms.

          "Sorry. . ." Kiseop mumbled, too ashamed to look at his brother.

          "How are you feeling?" Jaeseop asked placing a hand over Kiseop's lowered head.

          "My head is killing me," Kiseop groaned as the pain came back.

          "Enjoy your first hangover experience," Jaeseop joked earning a glare from Kiseop and a loud laughter from the youngest brother.

          "Don't be so loud, Jun!"

          "Take this, it'll help," Jaeseop said passing a glass of water and pill to the boy. "And now tell me what happened last night?"

          Multiples scenes of him kissing someone and dancing with no shame, a little too close to some stranger, replayed on Kiseop’s mind. He could not remember clearly the events that had taken place the night before, but he sure felt ashamed of the little pieces of memories that rushed to his mind.

           “And. . . ?” Jaeseop rushed upon seeing the frozen state of his brother.

           “I was with this guy and. . .” he started hesitantly, but stopped when he wasn’t sure what else to say. How could he say the little thing he was reminiscing?

          The light blush that tainted Kiseop’s cheeks as his eyes locked with his own brought another feeling beyond just worry to the surface of Jaeseop’s mind. “What happened Kiseop? What did that guy do?”

          "I. . ." Kiseop swallowed hard, averting his eyes. He couldn't say that to his brothers. He couldn't tell them that he had initiated all those kisses and the dancing and- oh my god. Kiseop thought before blurting out a half-lie, "I don't remember."

          Jaeseop's eyes narrowed as he crossed his arms on his chest. "Did he do anything to you?"

          "N-no...he just took care of me when I wasn't feeling good."

          "Are you sure he just ‘took care’ of you?" The stern tone that reminded Kiseop so much of his father's had taken over Jaeseop's voice.

          "Y-yes Jae," Kiseop murmured still avoiding to look at his brother's direction.

          Jaeseop left out a long sigh. He knew Kiseop wasn't telling everything. "He brought you home?"

          Kiseop mulled over what he could say –not that he remembered much anyway–, he didn't want to anger his brother more than he already had. "He did. . ." Jaeseop took a deep breath, his whole face screaming murder. "But he didn't do anything to me! I swear!!" Kiseop was quick to add, jolting up from his seat and waving his hands in front of him.

           “You were drunk!” Jaeseop yelled, slamming his hands in the table for support, startling even Jun who until now was looking with amusement his brothers’ interaction. And especially the overprotective side of Jaeseop he had never witnessed before. “How can you be sure if he did, or did not, do something to you!? You hardly remember last night!”

           “I-I would know,” Kiseop mused in a small voice as the blush was back on his face.

          Upon seeing his eldest brother being reduced to a scolded child Jun decided to in, “Jae . . . don’t you have work today?” he asked innocently glancing at the wall clock.

          "Wha- !" Jaeseop threw his fingers into his hair, tugging at the short tresses before pointing a finger at his older brother. "We're not done Kiseop. We'll continue after I'm home and if this bastard so much as laid a finger on-"

          "I'm telling you he didn't!" Kiseop exclaimed, suddenly getting mad. "I'd have known if he had!" he yelled, putting his palms over his face afterwards as his headache kicked in. "Just let it slide. . ." he mumbled, turning around and going to his room where he flopped exhausted on the bed.

          After a moment of tense silence where Jaeseop’s anger just worsened, he finally followed him. “Drink some coffee, it may help with the hangover,” he suggested from the doorframe before grabbing his backpack from the couch and muttering a goodbye over his shoulder as he exited the apartment. Maybe some fresh air would calm his wrath.

          But it seemed like that wasn’t an option. Not any amount of fresh air could calm him down. He kept sulking all day, pulling tight smiles for the customers and bit down his anger, until Hoon's shift started at least.

          "Yo, what's up?"

          "The sky." Jaeseop growled, sending a deadpanned look at his friend who simply rolled his eyes.

          “Someone is in bad mood,” Hoon muttered under his breath, and fortunately for him Jaeseop didn’t hear him. "How's Kiseop? Is he coping alright with his first hangover?"

          Jaeseop felt his annoyance from that morning resurfacing. "No, he isn't. . ." He lasted three seconds before bursting out at his friend; thankfully he was taking a break in the Crew Room. “Can you believe that he let some strange dude take him home?!"

          Hoon took a deep breath before answering to Jaeseop. “You know . . . I really don’t understand you,” he paused a moment before continuing, “you want your brother to have fun and when he does just that you get all overprotective,” he stated leaning against the wall. “Well, maybe you didn’t expected that he would be making out with some random guy but-”

           “Wait, wait.” Startled and with new wrath running in his veins, Jaeseop jumped on his feet. “What did you just said?” he cut off Hoon mid-sentence.

           “What did I say?” Hoon asked truly surprised at the sudden outburst

          Anger flicked on Jaeseop's dark irises when he muttered his next question between gritted teeth. “You said Kiseop kissed a guy!?”

          Hoon furrowed his eyebrows. "Yes, I did wh-"

          "This is why he suddenly shut up!" Jaeseop exclaimed, eyes sparkling in annoyance. "And he told me he couldn't remember, the little !"

          "Well, maybe he really can't remember. . .?"

          "Not even a chance. You know Kiseop, he can't lie,” Jaeseop passed his fingers through his hair tugging it slightly, “‘Cause his face is screaming it."

          Hoon made a grimace, nodding his head in agreement.

          "Woah, wait a minute!" Jaeseop scrutinized his eyes at his friend as realization set in. "You mean to tell me you saw what that stranger was doing and you didn't do anything to stop him?" he accused, making Hoon close his eyes and take a deep breath.

          "Jaeseop you have to understand something. . ." he began, putting a hand on his friend's shoulder. "From what I've seen, Kiseop initiated most of the kisses. Also, he was the one dragging that guy to the dance floor where he, sorry but I have to say this, proceeded seducing the guy," he wanted to laugh at Jaeseop's dumbstrucked expression. "And really, you should check your brain. Kiseop had fun. We both know that today he will be feeling like and most probably ashamed because, hey, it's Kiseop! And he will never do that again. So let it slide."

          "K-Kiseop. . . h-h did that?" Jaeseop stuttered in shock, "My brother, Kiseop?" He was stunned by the new information.

          "Yes." Controlling his laughter was starting to become really difficult for Hoon, seeing the expression of utter betrayal on his friend's face. He couldn't blame him for being so surprised; after all it was Kiseop who they were talking about.

          "Kiseop . . . likes guys?"

          "I . . . think it's time to go back to work." Hoon muttered in a try to distract Jaeseop before he snapped out of his current trance like state.

          Hoon walked to the door but turned to glance at his friend when he heard no move. "Jaeseop. . .?"

          "I can't believe it. . ." Jaeseop muttered, eyes still a little wider than usual.

          "I know it's a shock bu-"

          "No, I mean I can't believe that Kiseop liked someone so much as to initiate that stuff,” he said looking straight at his friend. “Before he just wanted to run away from a girl because she was too close.”

          "Well he was a little drunk," Hoon reasoned, and if looks could kill. . .

          "Don't keep digging your own grave. You could have stopped him." Hoon just shrugged as Jaeseop walked up to him before he spoke again. "That guy took Kiseop home, I won't let this slide. If he ever appears again he will regret it!" he threatened.

          "And all this conversation for nothing," Hoon sighed under his breath as he followed the tall raven.

          The next hours continued in a tense and uncomfortable silence, and Hoon was sure he could hear Jaeseop gritting his teeth from time to time as the threatening air around him just got denser.

          "Jae . . . you're scaring the customers." Hoon whispered with a tight smile, the door that opened cutting off Jaeseop's ‘ off!’ as a tall lean blond walked in and went to stand before the counter, reading the menu carefully. He spent some good long minutes analyzing the menu while trying to decide what to order just to be distracted by Jaeseop showing his annoyance.

          "Are you going to order or do you plan to just stand there?"

          The almond eyes of the blond hardened as he was snapped out of thoughts.

          "J-Jae. . ." Hoon began trying to calm down the tense atmosphere.

          "I am. . ." the customer smirked, "I was just trying to find the most creative mix."

          Jaeseop deadpanned, ready to note down the order. "Beat me," he challenged, narrowing his eyes, and on the side, Hoon just wanted to rip his hair off.

          A small smile spread across the blond's face but not diming even a bit the arrogant gleam on his eyes. "I want a Venti Iced Skinny Hazelnut Macchiato, sugar-free syrup, extra shot, light ice," he raised his eyes, thinking before adding, "Oh and no whip," his smile just grew larger as he looked up at the stunned employee.

          The surprise didn't last long before the annoyance was back. "Name?" Jaeseop muttered grabbing the cup with much more force than necessary before glaring up at the blonde.

          "Kevin," he muttered as he raised an eyebrow, meeting Jaeseop's hard glare with one of his own.

          "Come on now," Hoon murmured going to get the complex order ready, wondering why he was always the one who had to pay the price at the end.

          "Oh, add a cookie too, the caramel one," Kevin said signaling at the pack with two cookies with a childish glint in his eyes.

          "That would be 7$," Jaeseop snorted. As if he needed to deal with a spoiled brat today of all days. This guy was plain rude and that smug attitude just pissed him off more than he already was, if that was even possible. "Thank you for your purchase," he said sarcastically, handing the recipe. "Don't ever come back."

          "Jaeseop!" Hoon scolded without taking his eyes from the order.

          "Thank you for the great service . . . jerk," Kevin retorted grabbing his order. Once he reached the door, Kevin smiled looking at Jaeseop, pressing the pedal of the trash can and getting rid of the beverage before exiting the store while starting to munch on the cookie.

          Jaeseop could feel his eye twitching in annoyance and it was very hard for him to not scream at the top of his lungs.

          Taking a side glance to his left, he could see Hoon staring at the exit, his mouth hanging open. "He . . . he threw it?"

          "Hoon. . ." Jaeseop said, anger contained. He waited until his friend and co-worked hummed to continue, "I need a break." Hoon just nodded, calling someone else to go on his friend's post.

          When these hours passed and Jaeseop was back home, his anger had turned into a frown. Dongho was, like usual, seated on their couch, playing games with Jun. The boys waved at him, without mentioning anything about his obvious annoyed state when he got inside. He let his backpack on the floor before throwing his jacket to his bed's direction when he passed in front of his bedroom. And then continued walking until he stood, with crossed arms, in the entryway of Kiseop and Jun's room; where the older brother was still laying in the bed.

          He cleared his throat, drawing Kiseop's eyes from his notebook to himself.

          Kiseop carefully took in his brother's expression, he was still mad. "Welcome back." the hesitant words opened their way out of his mouth, and he waited. Although, when met with his brother's lack of response he spoke again, "J-Jae. . ." just to trail off when Jaeseop entered the room and sat down on the feet of the bed.

          Sighing Jaeseop let himself fall back on the bed, putting his palms over his face and rubbing on it before folding them behind his head. He didn’t want to discuss and took his time to calm down. "How's your head?" He asked, his voice low, almost a whisper.

          "Better."

          Silence followed for a little while before Jaeseop talked again. "Why didn't you tell me?" No sign of malice showing in his tone.

          Kiseop furrowed his eyebrows, closing his notebook and putting it on his nightstand as he sat up with his legs crossed under the covers to look clearly at his brother. "What?"

          "What happened with the guy."

          Kiseop stared at Jaeseop for a long minute before mumbling, flustered, a barely comprehensible answer. "Erm . . . no-nothing hap-" or tried to, just for Jaeseop to stop him.

          "Don't!" he said with a stern tone. "Hoon saw you." Kiseop's face took a red colour at the statement, his eyes lowering on his bed's covers, nail scratching at a wrinkle. "Are you into guys?" Jaeseop asked, again with no bad intention showing in his tone.

          "I-I never . . . really thought . . . about that," Kiseop said in a whisper. "I might . . . be," His eyes downcasted, still feeling ashamed thinking what Hoon could had possible seen at the club.

          Sitting up as well Jaeseop lifted a hand and ruffled Kiseop's hair. "Were you writing something?" he asked trying to change the topic to a less awkward one for his brother. There was nothing he could do about what had happened the night before, and even if the discovery about his brother’s preference had taken him by surprise he wasn’t going to think any different of him. He understood.

          Kiseop peered up, looking at the small smile in his brother’s lips before answering. "Not really, just fixing some lyrics."

          "We should work on your songs; put some music on them. . ."

          "Naah, it's not worth the work, they will never be a James Kim's master piece." Kiseop smiled lightly letting his head fall on his brother's shoulder that had come and sat beside him.

          At that action Jaeseop felt the necessity to state something, "You know. . ." he started after a while, breaking the quiet atmosphere. "We won't judge, no matter what. Just . . . don't act like that with strangers again." He sounded tired, physically and mentally and Kiseop couldn't keep a smile from forming on his lips.

 


 

Jaeseop: I have the feeling you've all plotted to drive me crazy
Alex: *smiles evily* why would you assume that?
Danii: As if we could drive such a smart person like you crazy
Jaeseop: *snorts* I can't see you not trying tho
Danii: why trying when we can succeed, right Alex?
Alex: Absolutely, Dani
Jaeseop: I never should have accepted to be part of this
Alex: uh, you never really had a, you know, choice
Jaeseop: why not?
Alex: oooh a lot of reasons. Dani, should we list them to him or leave him with the mystery
Danii: let's leave him in the dark. Let's surprise him! *looking at Jae* besides it's not as if you won't get anything out of this.
Jaeseop: *suspiciously* like...?
Danii: your brothers, a good friend, and a.... Kevin?
Jaeseop: a Kevin...
Kevin: did you call me?
Jaeseop: no we didn't!
Kevin: you said my name... or are you talking behind my back again?
Jaeseop: nobody's talking behing your back....or talking about you in general...or-
Alex: oooh someone's flustered~~ ehh Dani?? *lightly elbows Dani*
Danii: *smirk* our little Jae is nervous~?
Kevin: *snickers*
Jaeseop: I am not nervous or flustered or anything!
Alex: yeah yeah absolutely
Kevin: *standing close to Jae* do I make you nervous Jaeseop?
Jaeseop: why would you?
Kevin: Why did you get all flustered when I entered the room then?
Jaeseop: you're kidding yourself, shorty
Kevin: *offended* who are you calling shorty, jerk?
Jaeseop: you, fishface
Kevin: you didn't just-
Danii: Alex... I think we should go to a safer place
Alex: oh my, I think so too, Dani...because this *points at the morons* will either end up in angry se- erm make out- or with someone crouched down and in pain...and not the good kind...
*bickering at the back*
Danii: I would prefer the se-make out but...Kevin, my lovely spawn, don't kill Jae please~ we need him
Alex: have fun tho~~