Every Story Has A Start

Träumerei

 

            "I'll win you this time! Look I haven't pressed a wrong note for just sooooo long!" A lean, dark haired kid exclaimed, a plastic toy guitar on his hands and eyes focused on the television screen.

            "Yeah, keep dreaming, kiddo!" Another boy, this one in his early teens, taunted back, holding a similar guitar, foot tapping on the carpeted floor.

            The song coming from the television was reaching its end, as the furious sound of an electric guitar echoed in the room. The last note resounded and an exclamation of victory came from the taller boy's lips. "I win... again." The tall raven teen patted the head of the lean child that had lowered his head. "You are still a little kid," he mocked.

            "Let's see who is the little kid here?" Came the voice of another boy, who until now was watching the competition silently. "Can an amateur like you beat me, Jaeseop?" he asked, arching an eyebrow.

            "Ooh, Kiseop? The so-great champion of Guitar Hero will stoop so low as to challenge me; a measly peasant?" 

            The third boy flipped his slightly grown out hair from his face, huffing indignantly. "Talk after I have beaten your , Seoppie." Kiseop ruffled his kid brother's hair, taking the toy from his hands and positioning himself beside his other brother.

            The smallest of the three smiled up at his elder brother before retreating to seat in the big leather sofa behind.

            "Let's see if you can make it in Pro level or you're just the God of Guitar in mediocre?"

            "Shut up and let's start."

            Kiseop looked for a song that he knew wouldn't be easy for neither of them to follow. The low thump of the drums reached their ears before the frenzied sound of Mad Guitar started pounding out of the stereo, their fingers moved to follow the big amount of colored circles rushing forward. 

            A sharp sound made the two brothers cringe as one of them pressed the wrong button.

            "Wasn't m- ugh!" Jaeseop's exclaim was cut when another sharp sound was heard.

            The loud music rushing out of the TV speakers made both of them feel more competitive. Jaeseop poked his tongue between his lips as he tried to concentrate and block out the cheers and yells of their baby brother. 

            The guitar solo of the song was finally reached and the sharp sounds cut through the air more often, mixing with Jaeseop's complaining groans as he failed pressing the buttons in the right moment.

            Another minute passed and the song was over, letting a defeated Jaeseop looking stunned at the screen where the points were glaring at him. On his right side his little brother was hugging the eldest of them, cheering up and celebrating the other's win. "You won Seoppie. You're the best."

            "Ugh! How?!" Jaeseop groaned, falling back on the couch defeated, but he couldn't keep a smile from forming on his lips as he watched his brothers doing a happy dance before they both turned and started making grimaces to their brother.

            "Jaeseop is a loser~"

            "You can't defeat me! I am the champion!" Kiseop followed his brother's sing-songy tone.

            "Why you-" Jaeseop growled and jolted up from the couch, attacking the two dancing boys, making them squeal and scatter around as the three siblings got caught up in a game of tag. The three brothers were a giggling mess when they finally collapsed on the carpeted floor. The youngest was lying with his head on Kiseop's tummy as the older had an arm over his face, both of them trying to catch their breath.

            "Yes, you're the best," Jaeseop uttered, looking down at Kiseop with a big grin tugging the corners of his lips. "And you are good at singing too." He added. 

            "What are you trying to say?" Kiseop inquired, taking in the expression of his brother and the hidden meaning behind his words.

            "We should form a band!" Jaeseop concluded with his most serious face.

            Kiseop chuckled lightly, carding his fingers through the kid's silk-like hair. "A band, huh?" He inquired, cocking an eyebrow.

            "Yes! I will play the guitar and you will be the main singer!" Jaeseop exclaimed, lying on the floor beside his brothers.

            "What about me?" 

            "You can be our manager!"

            "No! Jun can be the drummer."

            "And I'll be the composer too!" Jaeseop said in an extremely excited tone, visualizing the idea that had popped in his mind.

            The reminiscence of a sixth years old Jaeseop came to his mind, having all those conversations with his mom of him being a popular rock star when the bed time stories had changed narrator. And what better from making his dreams and daydreams become true that with his beloved brother by his side.

            "Hahaha we're ready then!" Kiseop chuckled, ruffling his younger brother's short raven hair. "But practice makes better so, off to bed to be fresh for tomorrow, Jun!" he coaxed, getting up and dragging his brothers along.

            "But, I don't feel sleepy yet~! I wanna play some more~!" Eleven years old Jun whined, turning on his puppy eyes, but his oldest brother had already set his mind.

            "No way, Junnie-boy. If dad finds you awake when he'll get back he'll lock the PlayStation again," Kiseop shook his head, leaning down to take Jun in his arms. "You gained weight."

            "It's called height! And you will change his mind like last time!" Jun continued whining, not giving up.

            "Maybe but you have to sleep," Kiseop smiled, poking his brother's nose. "And us too," he said, looking back at Jaeseop who was lost in thoughts as he followed them just some steps behind. "Tomorrow is school day."

            "Okay..." Jun pouted when Kiseop let him down in front of the bathroom's door.

            "Brush your teeth and off to bed." A nod and Jun disappeared behind the white wooden door.

            "How are we gonna name our band?" Jaeseop asked still in a trance, pondering more about what suddenly had become a dream that was close to becoming reality.

            "You know we were just joking, right?" Kiseop inquired with an amused smile adorning his beautiful features.

            "I wasn't joking," Jaeseop uttered leaning back against the wall opposite to the bathroom, but his cat like smile faltered. "We should do it and rock on all the stages of the country."

            "To do that we need first to have talent-"

            "And we have it!” the younger of the two cut short his brother’s line. “You sing and play guitar and I do too."

            "Guitar Hero guitars," Kiseop pointed out.

            "No, no," the tallest of both shook his head emphasizing his words. "You can play it, I know, and I can get better." A long sigh escaped Kiseop's plump lips.

            The door opened and Jun came out with his eyelids wanting to give up under the sleep. He looked up at his brothers' serious faces. "What happened?"

            "Nothing. Let's go to bed," Kiseop said, grabbing his little brother's hand.

            "Kiseop . . ." Jaeseop started trying to complain.

            "If you beat me on Pro, we'll form the band" he concluded, sure that before this happened his brother would forget the silly idea of a rock band.

            Jaeseop tightened his lips in a petulant frown, mind racing a mile a minute and fists tightening, before finally exclaiming: "Okay then!" His voice leaked with emotion. "Just wait, Kiseop! I'll beat you in that game and have you as a singer in my band!" he threatened, stomping his way to their shared room where Kiseop had already tucked a dozing off Jun in his bed.

            "I'll be waiting, Jaeseoppie." The elder murmured as he passed by him.

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

            The dreams of childhood got lost into the problems that growing up brought along. The three brothers noticed the changes on themselves as, one by one, three chaotic years passed by.

            Their father had announced his new upcoming marriage during the celebration of Jaeseop's 16th birthday, making the teen snap. Fight after fight filled the days that came for a whole long year as new family bonds were forming and others seemed to disappear. Jun saw his family crumbling down through glassy eyes as his brothers left the parents’ house when Kiseop turned eighteen, leaving him behind, thinking that it was the best for the pre-teen.

            Jun tried to beat the tears, in his mind his eldest brother's words resounding as a lullaby. . . "Everything is going to be okay. No matter what, we will always be there for you."

            It was on the morning of his own sixteenth birthday when he finally shared his decision with his father. Shoulders tight and back straight–because  he had to grow up into a little man since he didn't have his brothers beside him to protect him and cover for him all the time–, he lifted his eyes looking up at the man seated on the other side of the table.

            The bright teen took a deep breath, left his spoon down and sought his father's glance. "Dad?" He cleared his throat, waiting for the man to take his eyes from his newspaper and look at him.

            "Mhm?" 

            "Dad, today is my birthday . . ." he started, smiling a little when his father reached out a hand and ruffled his hair.

            "I know, little one," the man chuckled good-naturedly. "Is it about your birthday present? What do you want, a smartphone or a new game; maybe a new pair of shoes?" he inquired leaving the newspaper on the side of his cup of coffee, putting all his attention on his son.

            The teen just shook his head. After taking a deep breath, gathering all his courage, Jun pronounced carefully his next words, "I want my brothers." He looked straight into his dad's eyes in his own way to tell him he wasn't a little boy anymore, but a man.

            Despite the promises, he had to move out of Two Bridges when his father decided to go to a more family-friendly environment after he remarried. In consequence to that, Jun was forced to leave everything behind, his friends, his school, the soccer club, but more importantly the two people that meant his whole world . . . his brothers.

            He couldn't take it anymore; a year of being apart from them felt like an eternity. He wasn't himself when he was away from them. He didn't feel like a whole person, but more like someone that had been cut into two pieces.

            "Junnie, we talked about this; they couldn't make it because of-"

            "I mean that I want to go live with them, back in Two Bridges. I want my brothers!"

            "Jun-"

            "Please, Dad! This is the only thing I want." The teenager pleaded, his big eyes b with tears on the mere thought of being alone–because that's who he felt–for even another hour. He was surrounded by a lively family and he should be thankful for that but . . . he never felt part of it and the only way he could feel that warm feeling of being part of a family was by being with his brothers again. All three of them together, like in the past. "Please," he begged in a choked whine, the tears threatened to fall from his eyes.

            His father looked up at the distressed expression on the teen's face. "I don't know Jun..." he breathed out. "Let me think about it. I'm not sure they are able to take care of you."

            "I don't need them to take care of me. I can take care of myself."

            "Jun, you need to understand-"

            "No! You need to understand!" Jun stood up suddenly, looking down at his father with anger and desperation. "I'm not a kid anymore, I don't need them–I don't need anyone–to take care of me! I just want my brothers beside me!" he yelled, only for his words to come out in a sad cry at the end as he collapsed on his chair. "I miss them so much, Dad,” the teen murmured, hiding his face into his hands.

            His father sighed heavily, rubbing his face with his palm before muttering his next words. "Only if–and I repeat, only if–Kiseop and Jaeseop are okay with-oof!" The older man huffed when he was suddenly attacked by his sixteen-years-old son.

            "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Jun repeated over and over again, happy tears filling his eyes.

            "I said only-"

            "Yes, yes!! I know, but I also know they'll say yes!" he beamed. "I'll call them!" Jun announced standing up and rushing towards the door, but his father’s next words stopped him before he could step out of the room.

            "I want to talk with Kiseop."

            "Dad . . ." he started turning around.

            "I need to make sure he is going to be able to handle you and Jaeseop, he already has a lot of work with your brother." His father sighed.

            "I'll help Kiseop to take care of baby Jae!"

            The man rolled his eyes as Jun dashed out, little squeals coming from the young boy. "These three . . ." he whispered fondly, shaking his head with affection.

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

            In a cheap small apartment in Two Bridges, a now nineteen-years-old Jaeseop was sitting on his bed. One leg bent and resting on the mattress while the other was dangling from the edge. A classic, worn out guitar in his hands as the fingers of his left hand flew over the length of the neck, pressing the chords consecutively while his other hand's fingers those that were over the sound hole.

            A sharp sound came suddenly and the young raven cringed before groaning and slouching over the instrument. 

            "!" He muttered, running his fingers through his soft hair.

            "Try pressing an 'E' instead of a 'B'." Came a soft voice from the entryway to his room, making him huff.

            "It just won't come out right!" Jaeseop grumbled, leaning back and resting his head on the wall, eyes observing his older brother that was already dressed in dark jeans, a plain hoodie and his leather jacket; coming in full contrast with his brother who was still in his pajamas.

            "Gimme that." Kiseop murmured, not waiting for any indication from Jaeseop before taking the guitar and sitting on the bed. 

            He played the same notes as his brother did earlier, this time pressing on another chord than Jaeseop when the time came. The guitar played a lovely sound instead of that ear-piercing previous one.

            "Ugh, man, I hate you." Jaeseop grumbled snatching back the guitar from his brother's hands and leaning back against the wall. "Where are you going?" The younger of the two asked while playing a different melody this time.

            "I have early classes today." Kiseop replied brushing his long bangs to one side. "I will be back late, I have to work."

            "Okay."

            "Shouldn't you get ready too?" The oldest asked looking at the comfortable position of his brother.

            "My shift starts after noon today."

            "Geez, lucky bastard." Kiseop complained, making a face before kicking Jaeseop's foot playfully. "Don't forget to call Jun today." He added, making his way to the door.

            Kiseop paused in his way out when his phone started playing a quick rock melody. "What a great timing!" He mumbled in awe, long fingers fishing the device from his pocket and answering it instantly.

            "Good morning, birthday boy!" He chirped, laughing lightly at Jaeseop's exclamation coming from behind him.

            "Kiseop! You won't believe it!" The rest of Jun's words were lost in a babbling frenzy, Kiseop being able to make out only a few words here and there before he abruptly stopped his brother.

            "Woah there, Jun! Slow down, kiddo!" He exclaimed, feeling Jaeseop's taller form coming behind him as he draped an arm over his shoulders and poked his head in worry over Kiseop's left shoulder.

            "What's wrong?"

            Kiseop just peeked at Jaeseop and shrugged before touching the screen of his phone to put it on speaker. "Can you speak a little calmer this time?" He pleaded.

            A high pitched 'okay' was heard from the electronic device, making the two brothers look at each other, curious looks on their faces at their little brother’s excitement. "Dad let me come live with you two." Jun announced letting out another cheer before another voice was heard from the cellphone in Kiseop's hand.

            "I said only if they were okay with it."

            "Put us on speaker." Kiseop instructed, waiting as his brother did just that.

            "You're on speaker now~!" Jun chirped, making his brothers smile.

            "Good morning, dad."

            "'Morning."

            "Good morning to the both of you, too." Their father said calmly. 

            "What's Jun saying, you allowed him to come here?" Jaeseop asked, straight to the point and trying to hold back his smile.

            "Yes, but that is only in the condition that you two don't have a problem with t-"

            "Of course we don't!" Kiseop chirped in, taking his family by surprise because he had never been the one to jump into decisions.

            "I told you!" Jun said excitedly.

            "Are you sure Kiseop?" The man breathed out his question.

            "Of course! We can handle having that brat here." Jaeseop added before Kiseop could pronounce a word. "He is our little brother and we miss him after all."

            "I know, but that's not the only thing that worries me."

            "Dad it's fine." Kiseop said with an evident smile on his words.

            "Are you completely sure you can handle two children?" His father's question made Jaeseop roll his eyes and a chuckle escaped Kiseop's lips.

            "I can babysit Jaeseop when you are not there." Came Jun's happy statement.

            "If someone is getting babysat that's you, midget!" Jaeseop exclaimed, making Kiseop and his father laugh while Jun started going on and on about how he was the taller and thus didn't need to be babysat. "If it's only a who's-taller-matter then Kiseop should be the one being babysat." He reasoned and huffed out a laugh at his baby brother's next words.

            "But Kiseoppie is perfect, Jaeseoppie~"

            "Haha… okay, okay. My perfect self needs to head off to school now, why don't you call Jae to taunt each other in your heart's contents until you move here?" Kiseop suggested, his voice filled with the happiness he was feeling.

            "Okay~"

            "And Jun." Kiseop called before his brother could hang up. "Happy birthday!" 

            "This is the best birthday ever!" The teen exclaimed making the smiles on his brothers' faces widen. "See you soon Kiseoppie."

            "See you." The picture of Jun disappeared from the screen as the young boy ended the call.

            "Our little brother is coming home." Jaeseop verbalized the thoughts running in his mind.

            "Our family will be complete now." Kiseop said in a dreamy voice, staring with a big smile at the device in his hand. He always had felt like a part of him was missing when they had to leave their beloved brother behind, now that he knew he would be able to have him back with him Kiseop felt his heart about to explode. "We need to decide where his room will be because he'll have to either be with me or you as we don't have more space; but then again, he's 16 now..maybe he wants his own space and may-"

            "Okay, Mama Kiseop, off to school and we're gonna discuss later what we're gonna do." Jaeseop laughed, pushing Kiseop to the front door and slapping his before closing the door between them. He took a deep breath before letting his excitement seep through him in a celebratory exclaim.

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

            It was not until a month later that everything was set for the homecoming of the youngest of the Lee brothers. Even the smallest detail had been taken care off -Kiseop being too much of a perfectionist to leave anything hanging.

            "-And remember; no girls staying overnight from now on here." Kiseop finished his sentence as he, wearing his oven gloves, took out a tray of steamy chocolate cupcakes and walked to put them on the counter to get cold before he could set them on a plate.

            "Yeah, yeah, I got it." Jaeseop muttered, foot tapping nervously on the floor. "But, you know, Jun might want to bring girls over himself." He added after a moment filled with just the sound Kiseop was making in the kitchenette.

            The statement almost made Kiseop drop the tray in his hands. "What are you saying? He is still a baby for bringing girlfriends!"

            Jaeseop just shook his head with an amused smile, before speaking, "The fact that you are aual doesn't mean that everyone can control their hormones."

            "And the fact that you are a bastard doesn't mean that Jun is like you either!"Kiseop snapped. And for your information I'm not aual; I just don't have the time for fooling around..." he added before turning around to face his brother. "No women and that's final." He said with his most stern face.

            "Okay, okay, whatever you say." 

            There was no more time for conversations between the two brothers as the doorbell rang. Both men jolted from their places and dashed to the door, Jaeseop throwing it open and being instantly glomped by a tall teenager with a dark mop as his hair, and a smile that took over most than just half of his face. 

            "Junnie!" Kiseop exclaimed, wrapping his long arms around both of his brothers. Jun, in turn, took one hand from around Jaeseop to wrap it over his oldest brother's shoulders, pulling him even closer.

            "I missed you so much." Jun whispered, making his brothers withdraw from the hug. A few tears had rolled down his cheeks although the big smile was still intact, curling his lips.

            "We missed you too." Jaeseop said, ruffling his dark hair before tugging and grabbing him again in a strong hug.

            "Hi dad," Kiseop smiled at the man that was still standing under the door frame.

            "Oh, don't mind me." Their father said in humor, waving his hand as his boys laughed happily and finally drew completely apart, big smiles adorning their faces as they started observing each other.

            "You did grow taller since last time I saw you!" Kiseop exclaimed, counting their difference with his hand while Jaeseop welcomed their father, taking the box he was holding from his arms.

            "I know right! And you have to admit that I am more handsome than both of you!" Jun taunted, grimacing when Kiseop pinched his cheek.

            "Hey!" Came Jaeseop's offended exclaim.

            "Only in your dreams you'll be more handsome than me." Kiseop mocked, patting his baby brother on the back.

            "Well, I admit defeat with you, but I'm more handsome than Jaeseop." Jun stated with a smug expression that was instantly erased from his face when a smack landed on the back of his head, making him grimace. "Hey! Dad is still here, if you bully me he won't let me stay." The raven boy complained, touching his head where Jaeseop had hit him.

            "Jaeseop." Kiseop muttered glaring at his brother. "We've talked."

            "Aw~ Mama Seop! I missed that." Jun exclaimed, rushing to his brother and wrapping his arms around him.

            "Who are you calling a mom, kiddo?" Kiseop poked his chest playfully.

            "Well, I will be taking my leave." Their father announced. "I would love to stay a little more, but I have to go back." He finished.

            "Yeah, your family must be waiting." The words came out bitter from Jaeseop’s mouth.

            "Jae-" 

            "It's okay Kiseop." The man said, rising his hand to stop the words. "It was good seeing you, son." He gazed back at his middle son and placed a hand on his shoulder, squeezing lightly before drifting his eyes to the other two young men. "Kiseop, take care of your brothers."

            "I will."

            "And Jun… be a good boy and take care of your brothers too."

            "Yes, Dad, don't worry and...” Jun started speaking before crushing his dad in a hug. “Thank you.” He then grabbed his suitcase that was left on the floor outside the front door, after their Dad had walked down the stairs, and took it in.

            Kiseop closed the door behind him before announcing,  "I made cupcakes-" a celebratory yell from Jun "-but you have to wait for them to cool down so I'll put the cream on them too." Kiseop continued, smiling broadly as he helped his brothers with Jun's stuff.

            "You didn’t bring too many things along." Jaeseop commented on the lack of moving boxes.

            "Yeah, I only took the essentials with me and all of my clothes. Plus," Jun paused, crouching down to open the box. "The most important thing…" He smiled, letting his line unfinished, looking up at his brothers that left an exclamation in sync. 

            "Guitar Hero!"

            "Let's play!" Jaeseop said, grabbing the box and taking it to where the television was placed.

            Kiseop followed his brother helping him to set everything in its place. "Well, the cupcakes will take a little time to cool."

            "This time I will certainly win! You two geezers won't be able to beat me!" Jun stated.

            "Let's see that brat." Jaeseop muttered passing Jun one of the guitars.

 

Half an hour later...

 

            "I-... I lost... again! But... how?!" Jun muttered in disbelief, eyes open wide. 

            Kiseop faked that he was examining his nails, nailing out some imaginary dirt before wiping them against his 'HIM' hoodie, all the while Jaeseop flopping down on their worn out couch and cocking his head.

            "Oh, why lil' bro, has your brain taken too much air from how high you're standing?"  Jaeseop's voice was full of sarcasm, but his victorious smirk didn't last long as, suddenly, he found himself laying under Jun who was tickling his sides.

            "No! S-stop Jun... hahaha... K-Ki...hahaha....help!"

            Jaeseop reached one hand out trying to grab the hem of Kiseop's shirt as the oldest passed by their side, but the limb was simply smacked away. Kiseop continuing on his way towards the kitchenette murmuring, "I have to put the cream in the cupcakes."

            "No Kis-!" The name was left incomplete as another fit of laughter came out og his lips. "Enough!" With one move of his legs Jaeseop flipped Jun, making him land -first against the floor, leaving the middle brother to just lay on the couch, catching his breath through hard pants.

            "Ow! That was unfair!"

            "Jun if you keep doing that you'll make him piss himself." Kiseop said humorously -and a little challengingly-, coming back from the kitchen with a plate full of cupcakes, earning a glare from Jaeseop before a long forgotten thought popped in the younger’s mind.

            "Kiseop." Jaeseop called receiving just a hum from his brother as response. "We have a pending match." He stated, looking completely serious.

            "What pending match?" Kiseop asked in confusion, eyebrows pinching together. He and his brothers hadn't played Guitar Hero in years.

            Jaeseop stood up gazing down at the oldest of the three. "You had promised that if I beat you on Pro level you'll consider forming a band." 

            Kiseop looked at his brother awestruck! "You still-"

            "Yes." Jaeseop's tone and expression was decisive enough to show to Kiseop that he wasn't kidding; not now and not ever.

            "Jaeseop you know I wasn't serious back then, it was just a children's joke."

            "Well, I was serious." Jaeseop grabbed both guitars, handing one to his brother. "A promise is a promise.” A competitive gleam shined in Jaeseop's eyes, “And I will definitely win."

            "It's not as you will,” Kiseop started. “But what if you do win? We don't have instruments.” He commented trying to reason with him. “Do you want to perform with your classic guitar?"

            "We can take care of that after I win." Jaeseop smiled, pressing the buttons of the toy-guitar.

            "We are just two.” Kiseop continued arguing. “Unless, Jun plays some instrument that I don't know about..."

            "I don't." The youngest said.

            "See? This is stupid Jaeseop."

            "But I have an old friend who might be interested. He plays the drums." Jun shrugged, high-fiving Jaeseop.

            "See?" Jaeseop gestured to his older brother, ing the toy guitar into his hands and waiting for him to take it.

            Kiseop took a deep breath and let it come out in an annoyed huff. "If you want me so much to whip your then so be it, brother." Kiseop grumbled, yanking the toy from his brother's hands.

            Jaeseop knew that it was going to be difficult, but he was determinate to win. "Start training your voice because you'll be the singer in my band." He grinned at Kiseop.

            Kiseop smirked taking a side-glance at his brother as he searched for a song that would make Jaeseop cry in frustration, while Jun took a seat behind the two of them, leaning against the back of the couch. No matter who would win; this was going to be enjoyable at the maximum.

            "This is not for amateurs. Are you ready to cry?" Kiseop teased one last time before pressing 'start'.

            "Bring it on."

            The sound of the cheers of the public in the game started to echo though the speakers and soon the brothers were concentrated on one thing; not failing. A sharp noise cut the air just as they begun; Jaeseop had pressed the wrong button. The smirk on Kiseop's face widened at the groan escaping through his brother’s locked lips. But, not that long after  another annoying sound pierced their ears; Kiseop had been the one making a mistake this time. Jaeseop's confidence –and smile- returned, they were only at the beginning.

            The music flowed freely from the speakers as series of loud banging from the apartment under their own that signaled them to make silence. Another cringing sound and another was heard. Jun smiled. Jaeseop sweared under his breath and Kiseop clenched his jaw. It felt like a whole hour had passed when the song finally came to an end, and they were all speechless.

            "This can't be..."Jaeseop muttered, blinking at the television screen.

            "I can't believe it." Kiseop kept staring while Jun cheered right behind them.

            "Wow, dudes! That has never happened before! It's a tie!"

            Seconds seemed like minutes as they stared at the screen in front of them.

            "Well..." Kiseop begun speaking slowly, "You didn't win so..." He ended, shrugging as he let the guitar down on the coffee table.

            "No, no Kiseop you-"

            "I said if you beat me in Pro I'd give it a try. You didn't, so nothing changes." He stated heading towards the bathroom. "I'll take a shower, then we're having diner."

            "I can't believe it." Jaeseop slumped in the worn out couch. This was the only way he could have forced his brother to form the band he had alway dreamed off and he still failed; for yet another time he had failed.

            "I can't either!" Jun chirped in, next to him. "A tie! I've never seen it happening before.” The surprise and excitement made a great contrast with Jaeseop's embittered expression. “And for the first time Kiseop didn't win." He kept talking, trying to make his brother feel better somehow.

            "Yes, but it wasn't enough...!" A light kick at the coffee table. "I need to convince him."

            Jun jerked forward, securing the plate with the cupcakes, before speaking, "You really want that to happen, don't you?" 

            "It's been my dream since I was a kid. I remember that Mom had made me promise that no matter what, I'd follow my dreams." Jaeseop's voice was laced with emotion, hand rubbing down on his face.

            "She sounds amazing." Jun commented, looking sadly at his dessert.

            "She was."

            Silence fell over the two brothers, each of them deep in his own thoughts before Jun spoke up. "Then, you should try persuading Kiseop." He suggested. "You know that literature isn't what he really wants to follow and, if you ask me, it was a matter of bad luck that his assignment on some dead poet won first place and he got to go to that pricey college." Jun sighed. No matter how proud he was for his brilliant older brother, he couldn't deny the remorseful feelings for him not doing what he really loved. "So, give it a try convincing him and if this doesn't work..." Jun turned and smiled at his brother. "I'm putting in use the 'Puppy Eyes Of Doom'!"

 

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

 

            "Do you want anything else with your coffee?" Jaeseop asked absentmindedly at the client, taking her order.

            "No just that." The girl answered brushing her hair out of her face and smiling significantly at Jaeseop.

            Still the eyes of the handsome man remained in the screen in front of him as he processed the order. "What is your name?"

            "Ashley."

            "Okay, that will be $4.65." They exchanged the money and reeipt before a long sigh escaped from Jaeseop’s lips as he leanedd against the counter.

            "Wow! You didn't flirt! That's a first!" The brunet preparing the orders next to him said surprised. We have to clarify here that Jaeseop was extremely lucky when it came to ladies, and he enjoyed all the attention he received from the females to his heart's contents. Reason why, Kiseop had made sure to be clear that no girls were allowed when Jun came back to home.

            "I'm not in the mood."

            "Something happened?" A frown was etched on the brunet's face.

            "No... yes."

            "Ashley." The brunet called and handed the girl her cup. "Hey, dude really what's wrong?" He asked again.

            "My brother."

            "Did you two fight?"

            Jaeseop shook his head, “I couldn't beat him in Guitar Hero."

            His coworker turned to deem him with a placid look after hearing the reason they fought. "Are you kidding me?"

            The raven let out a breath, shrugging. "No, really, Hoon."

            The boy, Hoon, cocked an eyebrow, waiting until Jaeseop had taken the order of another customer before he spoke again, "You mean to tell me that you and your twenty-years-old honorary student of a brother had a fight over a PlayStation game? For real?!" 

            "Well we had a bet going on..." Jaeseop rubbed the back of his neck.

            "Oooh, if it's like that then, okay, I can see the logic in that." Hoon handed a Grande to the customer. "What did you lose?"

            Jaeseop sighed, hanging his head. "My dreams."

            Hoon was trying to hold back his laugh as he spoke again. "Oh God, you're such a drama queen sometimes."

            "Shut up!"

            "Okay, okay then..." Hoon cleared his throat and put a serious expression on his face. "What did you two bet?"

            Jaeseop eyed him suspiciously waiting for him to laugh, but when he saw the awaiting expression he started explaining. "If I beat him in pro level he would be the singer of my band."

            "You have a band!?" Hoon asked surprised at the new information. He had known Jaeseop for a little less than a year now and this was the first time he was hearing of that!

            The raven groaned in frustration. "No, because I didn't win!" He hissed and greeted the next customer.

            "Well if he doesn't want to, that's that." 

            "No, you don't understand! Kiseop's just afraid to make the first step! He's always been like that, always overthinking every single thing, every single detail; and starting a band is too much of a risk for him to take."

            "Let me get this straight." Hoon muttered preparing the next order. "You want to form a band with your brother." A nod. "I know you play the guitar…” He commented. “And you brother can sing?"

            "Yes and he is amazing.” Jaeseop replied as he turned to the costumer. “Anything else with your order?" The tall boy in a green apron took the orders of three customers before being able to continue the conversation. "He plays the guitar too."

            "So you need at least a bassist and a drummer."

            "Yes, and instruments."

            "So that might be the problem right." Hoon stated handing the cup to a customer.

            "Yes."

            "Then, if you are right and your brother is saying no just because he is insecure about it, make him have no doubts." Hoon concluded with a proud smirk on his face.

            "How can I do that?" Jaeseop grumbled.

            "Buy a guitar… or two, find members, at least one, and try to convince him again." Hoon suggested, his eyes fixed in the coffee machine.

            Jaeseop let the idea sink in, pondering about it for a second, biting his bottom lip all the while before starting to murmur the plan already forming in his mind, "Well, I have some savings as I don't spend a lot and father is paying for our rent; so, I might be able to buy my guitar, maybe Kiseop's too..." His eyes gleamed in mischief. “If I make him such a present he won't be able to resist anymore." 

            Hoon chuckled and shook his head at his friend. "And about the missing members?" He questioned.

            "Look, the hard part here is convincing Kiseop; everything else is easy peasy!"

            Jaeseop got home in a really good mood and when he opened the door he found his little brother scattered on the couch, playing video games with a brown haired boy. Packs of snacks were filling the small coffee table, an empty bottle of strawberry juice leaning on one corner of it.

            Jaeseop shut the door firmly behind himself. "Hey kiddo!" He saluted his brother.

            "Hi Jaeseop." His thumbs never stopping their movements, Jun greeted back.

            As he took off his jacket, Jaeseop eyed the boy seated next to Jun, too concentrated on the video game they were playing to notice the raven’s presence. "A friend?"

            "Yes, he is Dongho." A muffled 'Hi' came from the brown haired boy's full of snacks mouth. "Is okay that I invited him over?" Jun looked up with big eyes.

            "Yeah, why not?" Jaeseop shrugged. "As long as it's not a girlfriend and you won't give Kiseop a heart attack, I guess it's fine." He smirked, hanging his jacket.

            Jun chuckled, "Seoppie has a problem with us bringing girls over?" he asked as he continued pressing the buttons on the joystick repeatedly.

            "Well, he still thinks of you as a baby so he has forbidden me from it." Jaeseop complained. "Which means that if you happen to bring one over and he'll find out he'll probably-" The raven started counting the possibilities on his fingers "-freak out; throw a tantrum; go into a guilt-trip for missing his baby bro's last two years of upbringing; scold me for giving you wrong ideals and then passing out from high blood pressure." 

            Jun laughed a little more as Jaeseop perched on the couch's arm beside him.

            "Kiseop worries too much."

            "You saw the guy yesterday, he is like a mom!"

            "Well he doesn't have to worry, Jun runs away from girls." Dongho commented without ripping his eyes from the screen.

            "Shut up!" Jun bumped his shoulder against Dongho's. "Don't listen to him." Jaeseop chuckled at his brother's nervousness hidden behind faked annoyance. "You seem to be in a good mood." Jun continued, deciding to ignore him and changing the topic. "Something good happened?"

            "Well I have an idea on how to convince Kiseop to give it a try to the band." Jaeseop beamed at his brother.

            "What idea?"

            "Band? What band?" 

            The two friends spoke up at the same time, Dongho finally showing interest in something and Jun pausing the game.

            "Jae wants to start a band with Kiseop, our older bro, but he refuses." Jun explained quickly. "Mainly because we don't have instruments and we are missing a drummer and a bassist." The youngest added, trying to hide a mischievous smile.

            "You need a drummer?" Dongho asked, his eyes gleaming as he gazed up at Jaeseop, missing Jun's pleased smirk.

            "Yes. Do you know anyone?" Jaeseop inquired being instantly more interested in the petite brown haired boy.

            "Well, I'm a drummer." Dongho announced, pointing at himself with the joystick.

            Jaeseop’s eyes widened at the same time that a big smile, resembling that of a cat's, spread on his face, lightening completely his handsome features. “Really!?"

            "I play since I was eight." Dongho elaborated.

            "Do you have your own drums?" Dongho just nodded with a big smile tugging the corners of his lips. "Great! That's great!" Jaeseop exclaimed, pumping his fist into the air. “Now we just need a bassist, but that's not that needed."

            "And instruments." Jun piped in, trying to bring back his brother's sensible side, but instead, he was rewarded with a smirk.

            "I might have that covered."

            The two musicians got lost into a conversation about the band, instruments and music in general, with Jun looking closely, adding comments here and there, smiling and shaking his head from time to time at how childish his brother looked while talking about his dream and the possibility of it finally coming true. The conversation went on for almost two hours, until the sun started to set, and the afternoon visit of Dongho reached its end with the brown haired teen announcing he had to head home.

            "You're welcome." Jun said passing by the couch where his brother was resting once he had bid farewell to his friend.

            "Cocky , come here!" Jaeseop grinned tackling his brother in his way to his shared room with Kiseop, making him yelp and squeal as his older brother tickled him. And this was the sight that welcomed Kiseop once he set foot inside the apartment. 

            "Good thing I mopped the floor earlier." He laughed, hanging his jacket and returning his brothers' greetings. "At least I don't have to worry you will fight," he smiled as he made his way to the kitchenette and specifically to the refrigerator. "Jaeseop...?" He inquired when he didn't find what he was looking for.

            "What?" The tall raven asked, helping Jun on his feet.

            "Where is my strawberry juice?" Kiseop questioned with a pout in his lips, still searching for the beverage in the fridge.

            "I don't know; isn't it on the right of the second drawer?"

            Jun was quick to vanish into the room and dive into the bed. He grimaced when he heard Kiseop's next words.

            "No, it's not there..." Kiseop poked his head from the kitchen's door. "Did you drink it?" He asked suspiciously, eyes narrowing in annoyance.

            "You know I don't like that thing." Jaeseop rolled his eyes, turning around to look at where his younger brother was standing just minutes ago. "Did y- where is Jun?"

            Kiseop's eyes became two slits as he passed next to Jaeseop muttering, "That little ."

            If there was something everyone that knew Kiseop was conscious of was to certainly not drink his favorite beverage if they didn't want to face a mad Kiseop. But apparently, lost in video games, Jun had forgotten that rule.

            The door to Kiseop's bedroom was thrown open the next second, a low growling call of the youngest's name resounding from him.

            "You rugrat; a duvet isn't going to save you, you know!" He threatened walking to where Jun was hiding under the bed covers, straddling the lump in the middle of it.

            Jaeseop was still in the middle of the hallway, stunned, when a shriek was heard from his brothers' room. With quick steps he rushed to the door just to find Kiseop straddling the lump that was Jun under the covers, his hands moving over the struggling boy as laughter and screams begun to fill the room.

            "How do you dare  drink all of my strawberry juice?" Kiseop tried to sound menacing, but the big grin on his face impeded him from it.

            "You’re incredible.” Jaeseop sighed leaning against the frame of the door. “All that 'don't bully Jun' nagging and you're the first to do it."

            "He drank my juice!" Kiseop reasoned like a petulant child, diving down and biting Jun's arm through the covers.

            A roll of his eyes was the only thing Jaeseop did before jumping onto the bed too, wrapping his arm around Kiseop's waist and tugging him to the side, rolling both of them on the bed and hovering over him.

            "You're such a child!" Jaeseop taunted, fingers dancing on Kiseop's belly.

            "No...Jae- no!" Kiseop broke down into high pitched giggles and soon he felt another pair of hands ghosting over his body, trickling his sides. "Jun! No...stop. You- You're only making your place worse!" he threatened before more snickers and whines came out from Kiseop’s lips, until he complained about the lack of air. "You two are so cruel." The oldest brother commented through hard pants, laying on his back next to Jun while Jaeseop looked down at them from his sitting position.

            "You bit me." Jun accused him.

            "You drank my juice." The older added grumpily with a pout.

            "Sorry."

            "It's okay." Kiseop smiled before leaning closer to Jun and trickling the youngest's neck with his breath. His teeth bit lightly on the sensitive skin making his brother squeal and draw back, clasping a hand over his neck. 

            "You freaking vampire!" He squeaked, looking wide eyed at the other. "Jae! He bit me again!" 

            Shrugging, Kiseop wiped his lips lying back and tugging his other brother down to lie with them. "You're bitable, what can I say?" The oldest humored, smirking.

            "You're so desperate for him to not get a girlfriend that you are willing to put marks on him?" Jaeseop mocked, a cat-like smile tugging on his lips.

            "You know a lot about hickeys, don't you?"

            "More than you will ever know." Jaeseop casually commented with a proud look in his face.

            "You're still a player it seems." Jun stated, propping himself on an elbow to look at his brother.

            "He is worse than ever." Kiseop rolled his eyes. "Don't learn from him."

            "Oh, what he should learn from, you?" Jaeseop asked with a, feigned, offended tone.

            "I don't know Jae, maybe I'm a better influence that you." A lean finger poked on Jaeseop's shoulder, thin eyebrow cocking, giving an attitude to Kiseop's beautiful features.

            "Oh yeah? Then make it even a better influence and take a risk with me." The middle brother's tone was challenging, eyes looking hard at similar dark ones.

            "Let me guess; the band again?" Plump lips were drawn into a thin line. "Jaeseop we've talked about this..." Kiseop muttered while sitting up, ready to get up and off the bed when Jun pulled him back down and draped his arm over his stomach, head resting on his shoulder.

            "Hear him out, Seoppie." The youngest murmured, sending a look to his other brother.

            "Don't make the puppy eyes to me." Kiseop warned, pointing a finger at Jun's face.

            "Just hear him, please." Jun begged, snuggling closer to his brother.

            Kiseop looked away from the youngest just to find Jaeseop's pleading eyes gazing at him. With a groan he surrendered, "Fine." Two cheers were heard from each side of him. "I'll just listen. I'm not accepting anything"

            "That's alright, too." Jaeseop said excited, sitting up on the bed and crossing his legs as he started telling his plan to Kiseop, observing even the smallest change on his expression that could give him a sign of either rejection or acceptance. "-So, what do you say?" 

            The oldest of the three closed his eyes, sighing deeply as he rubbed a hand over them. "I don't know, Jae..." 

            "Just give me a chance! That's all I ask of you; give me a chance to prove to you that we can make it. That it's good to take risks once in a while! Please!"

            Kiseop opened his mouth to verbalize his doubts again, but Jun's voice stopped him from doing so. "You also want this, right? You've always wanted it."

            "It was a childhood dream.” Kiseop argued. “Now I'm fine studying literature, that's what I want." He concluded.

            "If you tell me you love literature more than music you're lying to me and -worst than all- you're lying to yourself." Jaeseop stated almost scolding his older brother.

            "It's what I chose." Kiseop said trying to convince his brothers along with that small part of him that wanted to give up under the pleas, because he knew better.

            "That's a fat lie! You are just studying that because you won that scholarship." 

            "Be honest Seoppie, if you hadn't won that scholarship, would you be studying literature right now?" Jun asked, sitting as well and gazing down at his brother.

            "Probably not, I might have not even gone to college at all." Kiseop commented honestly, lost in his thoughts. Silence reigned for long minutes until, after a lot of pondering, Kiseop spoke again, "Two months."

            "What?"

            "I give you two months to form the band and give it a try." Kiseop replied. "If it doesn't work in those two months is over." He added.

            A celebratory howl came from Jaeseop and Kiseop suddenly found himself with an armful of his brothers as they both dived in to hug him, chuckling.

            "Nothing's granted, so don't-" 

            "Oh, shut up, mood-wrecker." Jun mocked, pinching his nose.

            "Just wait and see bro!" Jaeseop grinned, flicking Kiseop's forehead.

 


Dani: Alex... I'm not sure I will survive this fic
Alex: But whyy~ *smirks along with Kiseop*
Dani: Please tell me that just Kiseop is here and not the other two also...
Jaeseop: Hi there, *waves with a sardonic smile*
Jun: Hello! *glomps Dani*
Alex: I can't say that *shrugs*
Dani: Junie! *hugs* Jaeseop, I'm not talking to you *glares*
Jaeseop: what?! How?! Why?!
Alex: *whispers* a lot of reasons*
Dani: *ignores Jaeseop* Alex... Kiseoppie... Jun should we say something about the fic?
Alex: Hmm...Junnie? As the youngest would you like to...
Jun: Yes! I'm the main character!
Alex: Hahaha cutie
Jaeseop: What are you talking about! you're not the main character! Kiseop tell him!
Kiseop: stop teasing Jun! We're all the main characters here!
Alex: Okay, okay kids, pipe down!
Dani: Tho Jun has to be thanked for helping convincing Kiseop
Alex: Yes! Our precious baby! *hugs a blushing Jun*
Kiseop: okay guys, let's go now I have to uuuh- be somewhere...
Dani: oh, no Kiseoppie come here you won't have that yet.
Kiseop: *pouts* aww meanie!
Dani: Aww why are you so cute? *huggles* Don't worry you'll have fun seeing Jaeseop being tortured
*Jaeseop gasps*
*Kiseop smirks and brightens up*: okay!!
Dani:*smirks* We will all enjoy that right Alex?
Alex: Oooh shell yeah~
Jaeseop: I don't have a good feeling about this...
Dani and Alex smirk: Bye bye everyone~
Jaeseop: wait wait why don't you- *follows the rest*