Date

Royal Couple

Chapter 4 The Date

 

12 days. It's been twelve days since she ate lunch with her friends. 12 days since they were all together.

And now, she only have Yoona, while Tiffany and Seohyun got a new friend.

 

"Stop throwing them daggers with your eyes, Sica" Yoona said while feeding Yuri a spoonful of fruit salad.

 

"Why is your girlfriend sitting with us?" Jessica demanded.

 

"Why not? and she is not my girlfriend, yet" Yoona said mumbling the last part.

 

"If you don't want me here Jessica-ssi, I'll go" Yuri said making Yoona chuckled when she said Jessica-ssi

and making Jessica frown.

 

"You can stay but just call me Jessica, So why is your friend in there?"

 

Yuri looked to Yoona before answering but the younger girl just shrug.

 

"Sorry, I don't know. I'm surprised myself" Yuri said.

 

Ever since the events prior last week, Jessica and Tiffany were avoiding each other, It created more chaos

after the 'Royal Family' were divided making the suspicions of the students true.

 

"Are you jealous Sica?" Yoona teased but it made Jessica more annoyed.

 

"Why would I be?" Jessica answered with a glare.

 

"They look so cute together, look at them it looks like joohyun is their kid" Yoona laugh.

 

"How can they have a kid that is bigger than them?" Jessica retort, while Yoona's slightly moving away,

she know the other girl have a tendency to punch or kick someone when angry.

 

"Aw, my mommy is jealous, You should find a girlfriend so we could be a happy family"

 

"Stop that, What makes you think I want a girlfriend?"

 

"Are you seriously denying it to me? to me? Oh please"

 

"Fine! Let me have Yuri then, you are not YET together, right Yuri?

 

Jessica sent Yuri a wink while Yoona's glaring at her.

Yuri stare for awhile to Yoona before answering a 'sure'

Making both girls have an opposite reaction.

 

 

"Can you stop having a staring contest and get me a milkshake?" Jessica said, breaking Yuri and

Yoona's gaze at each other.

 

"Why should I? You do it! Were like twenty steps away from it!" Yoona argued.

 

"More reason for you to do it then"

 

"No!"

 

"Fine!" "Yuri will you buy me a milkshake?" Jessica flashes a smile at Yuri, with a pleading look that is very hard to resist.

 

"Uh, Yeah, Sure?" Yuri said. Somehow she feel chills running through her body,

probably due to the glare that the younger girl is giving her.

 

 

Yuri got up and told Yoona that she'll buy her some too.

 

"You're enjoying this aren't you?" Yoona said.

"Well, it’s fun to see you like this"

"You should get laid, I think you're just getting jealous at every people you see"

"I did, and it caused me being avoided the next day"  Jessica huff in response.

"Maybe you're just bad,w-wait WHAT?

"Don't shout, You heard me"

"Is that the first time it happened?"

"Yeah, she always stop us before we reach that point"

"Wow, I'm more surprised that you guys weren't actually doing it before"

"What does that supposed to mean?"

"Stolen glances, Flirty touch, subtle kisses, you two were more like a couple than bestfriends"

"But we do that too!"

"We do, but yours were different, It's hard to explain, but its different!"

"Then enlighten me"

Jessica's getting annoyed. Wondering how could it be different, They're use with skinship, They're way past innocent.

Heck, they're promiscous. How can something that happened just one night would cause something big. It's not like they're in love with each other.

 

"Seriously, you girls should just bring maids along with you.

If I’m not here who will buy these food for you?" Yuri said, carrying snacks and milkshakes.

Jessica mouthed to Yoona that they will continue it later.

"Seohyun does, Sometimes Tiffany" Jessica said uninterested in the topic. Yuri laugh in response.

"Sica made up with Fany-ah!, at this rate we will gonna starve!"

"I didn't do anything wrong why would I? and YOU MEAN I’m going starve since you have a girl toy here"

"Sica that's mean, Yuri's not a toy" Yoona said seriously.

"Whatever, Just let me enjoy my milkshake"

"She's just being grumpy, don't mind her" Yoona whispered to Yuri and she continues "You don't believe at what she said right? You're not a toy"

"Of course not, But I couldn't say the same to you"

Yoona's eyes widen and she pinch Yuri in the face "What did you just say?"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding. You're too special Yoona. I want to take care of your heart and not play with it"

"Get a room!" Jessica snapped.

Before they could say anything, the blonde girl left them.

"Is she always like that?" Yuri asked

"Sorta, but usually she doesn't pay attention" Yoona replied.

 

 

"20 times!"

"20 times!"

"Tiffany she looked at us 20 times!" Taeyeon said.

"What? that's creepy why are you counting it anyway?"

"Just so!, anyway as much as I'm thankful that you're helping me getting close at her

at this rate she'll hate me for stealing her bestfriend!"

"She won't hate you, it’s more like she'll hate me" Tiffany muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing! Just finished your food so we could follow her!"

Just at what Tiffany said, the three of them, started to follow Jessica.

"Tiffany-unnie, Let's stop this, Jessica-unnie will get angry" Seohyun said looking scared.

Unnie? Taeyeon questions herself.

"She's two years younger than us" Tiffany said answering the confusion in Taeyeon's face.

"If you want someone's attention, talk to them. This won't get you anything good" Seohyun spoke again.

Tiffany looks like she was thinking something then she began smiling and nodding to herself. "Great job! Seo-baby!, TaeTae change of plans! Wait for my call! I'll plan everything for you"

"WHAT??" Taeyeon look petrified, while Seohyun were shaking her head at amusement with her Unnie's antics.

 

 

Taeyeon's POV

 

This is what I want, I have to do this. Inhale. Exhale. I didn't know sending a text would be this hard.

Ever since Tiffany and Taeyeon have a talk in the library, the girl began on following her around,

Texting and calling her like they were suddenly best friends. To her dismay Tiffany found out about her huge crush on Jessica and she promised to 'help' her. But all she gave her were crazy ideas like stalking the blonde girl and getting her attention in unnecessary ways. The only good thing that she get is that Tiffany tells her facts about Jessica.

Like she likes boxing, hates cucumber and that she dreamed of being a fashion designer.

 

"Taeyeon-unnie, Stop fidgeting. Just send her the text before Tiffany-Unnie stole that to you and send it on her own" I sighed.  I'm glad that Seohyun was with me and not Tiffany.

 

Apparently the redhair go somewhere to 'prepare'. After spending with them,

She found out that Seohyun were actually a nice kid and only 'copying' her Unnies so people won't think that she doesn't deserve to be friends with them.

 

Just now, Tiffany gave her Jessica's number and told Taeyeon to 'casually' ask the blonde girl to go out for tea.

 

Hey, Want some tea? No. No. I sound weird, well this is weird.

Let's grab some cakes! No, this sort of text is the one I will say to Sooyoong.

 

Are you free after school? - Kim Taeyeon. It didn't take long before I receive a reply.

What did you have in mind?

Tea and cakes maybe?

My class ends at 5. I almost send 'I know', thank goodness I stopped myself.

See you there.

Alright.

 

I sighed. I've been holding my breath the whole time. I heard Seohyun chuckling. At least that eases me a bit.

I texted Sunny to meet me, I want to whine about everything then calm myself before I meet up with Jessica, I asked Seohyun to stay, but she said she have to go somewhere else, although it's obvious that she's just shy.

 

After a few minutes the trio came to her view, with a huge grin plaster on their face.

"Told you, she'll crawl back to us" Hyoyeon said.

"I so did not!" I protested, damn, It's so good to be with them.

"Tired of playing as a minion?" Sooyoong asked."Seriously Taeng, you should have seen yourself, You looked liked a lost puppy

being dragged all over by you master" She continued.

"Well, lots of things happen, anyway I need your help" I said, I'm getting nervous again. I haven't seen her yet, I already feel like this, what more if she's in front of me.

"Shoot" Sunny said, encouraging me. I wish Yuri is here too, I could use someone who knows how it feels to be with a girl.

"Er, I'm meeting Jessica in two hours, nothing biggie, I just invited her for tea" As I explain, I saw their eyes widen.

"WHAT?"

"NO WAY!"

"HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?"

It caused a scene but the trio doesn't seem to care, but it reddened her in embarrassment.

"It's Tiffany's, everything was her plan, but I'm scared, no, more like super nervous, I don't know what exactly to do and I might mess up" I continued.

"Tiffany's? I don't wanna ruined things but what if this is just a prank, you know, like making it seems like they fought and getting friendly with you but this was actually a well planned scenario to bully you?" Hyoyeon said.

"I thought that too, remember on freshman year, they bully those who likes them by making them follow them around then humiliate them in public and asking them to do stuffs that could actually kicked them out" Sooyoong adds.

"But they stopped" Sunny said. I'm glad she's on my said. Although it's possible too, isn't it?

"That's probably because they don't have anyone else to bully" Sooyoong said. "Yup, unless your cool enough for their standards, looking at them is also deadly" Hyoyeon adds.

"What do you think Tae?" Sunny asked.

I debated to myself. I don't know what to think. But I'd like to believe at one thought. Jessica won't hurt me.

"I don't think that's the case" I said, and my friends looked at me with sympathy but they nod nonetheless.

"Well, that's settled then, just so you know taeng, were always here for you" Hyoyeon smiled at me.

"The moment they started showing their true colors, were jumping from your back" Sooyoong grinned.

"So, what does Tiffany plan for you today?" Sunny asked.

"She told me to just be me and do my thing" I explained. I wished Tiffany doesn't mean ill, it would really be nice if we became friends.

"She's right Taeng, just be you" Sunny said. "What are you getting nervous for? that's an easy task" I nod, as they laugh.

1 2 3 4 5 6 ...

I lost tracked on my counting. It's something I do when I got really nervous.

Hundreds of what ifs where flowing in my mind.

What if she stood me up? What if my friends’ theory were true? What if I'm another victim? but Seohyun seems really kind and so as Yoona, but if Tiffany and Jessica would order them, they'll really follow them, I’m worried about Yuri?  Yuri seems to fall for Yoona, she'll probably be more hurt that me.

 

"Do you know that you look like an ajhuma having a mid life crisis?" Someone asked me and my eyes snapped.

"What are you saying?" It came out louder than I intended to.

"You grunting and making weird expressions, just what exactly are you thinking" Jessica said. At her sight in front of me, makes my heart pound but it made me giggle since this is the same feeling that a child has when she's given a candy. When I looked at her, she's eyeing me from head to toe, and then she stopped when my eyes met her and gave me a smirk.

 

"I was wondering, why you seemed taller all of a sudden. Then you're wearing insoles and that hairstyle to add an inch"  I blushed at the comment.

Does she really have to look at me like that? but, OMG, She's laughing, She looks hot laughing, if only she were not insulting me, I will laugh along.

"You're wearing heels!" I rebutted.

"Well captain obvious, I'm not insulting you, should we go now? She said smiling a bit.

 

Since the cafe is close to the campus, we didn't walk long, we didn't talk either, but somehow we bump at each other or our hands brush with each.

I'm happy enough if that's all I get.

 

Once we got sit and have our orders, I've been trying to say something. I've been opening my mouth and closing it the whole time and Jessica's just looking at me smiling.

 

"What does she want?" She asked me.

My mind is still processing what she said but as it registered my face looks confused so she continued.

"She told you to do this right? what does Tiffany wants?" She asked me again, it's clearer now.

I'm a bit disappointed, So that's why she unquestionably agreed on meeting up with me, I don't know how to answer her question.

Tiffany technically asked me to do this but not for the reason she's thinking and I can't tell her that.

I have to stay strong, Be me and Imagine Jessica as one of my friends.

"No, what does this have to do with her?" I asked.

She seems a bit surprised but she go with it and answered me with "Then what is this about, Kim Taengoo?"

"Can't just an old classmates hang out with each other?" I know I'm pushing my luck on this, but I can't let this opportunity go. Taeyeon Fighting!

"Wow, I thought we didn't know each other? and since when did we become this close to hangout, nerd?"

"It's supposed to be a joke Soo yeon, and you’re not that hostile to me, when we were at your room and I was lying on your bed" I answered with a smirk. Wew, what am I saying? What am I saying?

"Oh? What is it about me and you in MY room and in MY bed?" She asked me as she touches my hand.

I let out a small squeak, and she heard it since she smirked.
What surprises me more is when she touches my face.

"You're as red as a tomato Taengoo, so cuttee" She said as she pinch my face.

This must have been the feeling of having a heart attack. I can't move and my heart seems going to explode.

 

"TaeTae? Sica? What do we have here?

Jessica looked at the person who said it behind me, she looked uninterested, and I'm disappointed.

 

____

 

TBC