Makeover

Royal Couple


Chapter 1 Makeover

 

Today is the start of my class in the Sones University, I am in the Second Year.

 

Contacts - check!

New clothes - check!

New shoes - check!

Less nerdy look - check!

 

I look at myself in the mirror once again. I sighed deeply. 

This is so not me. My head is pounding because the contacts were making me dizzy,

I getting chills from my dress and my feet hurt. 

 

My friends raided my wardrobe and replace them with these K-pop styles, 

I think they're cute but it really calls for attention.

I also want to look a bit taller but I don't want to hurt my feet so 

I wore a wedge that my friends recommended but I'm still not use to it.

 

And why am I doing this? because I want a certain someone to notice me.

Ever since I laid my eyes on her I knew I had it bad. She makes me go crazy.

 

I looked into the mirror one last time before I head out.

Outside, my friends were waiting.

 

"Wow" SooYoong said, This the first time I saw her not saying anything,  well, except for the times she's busy eating.

All of them look at me like they saw a wild animal. They eyes were wide open and

I'm certain that long enough flies would enter their mouth.

"Hey, hot stuff, who are you and what did you do to our friend?" Yuri said flashing me her usual grin.

"I think there is something wrong with my eyes, or I'm just seeing a beautiful girl in front of me that looks like Taeyeon?" 

Sunny said joining to tease me.

"You totally look hot, Taengoo, I can't believe you're doing this for her" Hyoyeon said. Emphasizing the word her.

"She's a masochist" Sooyoong said. 

"What? I'm not. Stop teasing me, I'm not doing this for anybody, this is for me." I try to defend myself.

"Says the girl who suddenly shouts that she wants a new wardrobe after seeing the love of her life with a girl?" Yuri said.

"12,000 won, bet that she'll only be with that girl for a week." Sooyong said.

"That's boring. 15,000 won, I think she'll notice Taengoo now." Hyoyeon said.

 

I can understand why my friend doesn’t like her.

She's known for the school's Ice Princess.

She's cold hearted and she talks viciously.

At the first month of school year she seems like an angel, but it turns out that 

She’s actually a devil in disguise.

Her reputation got worst, when she dated a guy one after another, 

at times two or three at the same time.

 

And why do I still like her?

 

*flashback*

 

A 6 year old Taeyeon is running through the school hallway.

"Kim Taeyeon stop running!" The teacher called out as she runs to catch her.

"NO!!!!!!!" Taeyeon keeps on running until she reached outside and the 

teacher stop to follow her and called the others to get her.

 

Taeyeon notice that no one is following her anymore so she take a peek at her back

but when she face forward, a wall came to her view. And she wasn't able to stop herself

from hitting it.

 

She cried and yelp from pain, the impact wasn't big enough but it bruised her forehead.

 

"Stop crying" One of her classmate said.

"It's your fault for running" she continues.

 

"But it hurts!" Taeyeon whines.

"That's what you get for not following rules, now get up and follow me" The girl said.

"NO! Don't order me around! Why are you acting like a teacher?!"

"Do you want the pain to go away or not?" Her classmate said while walking away.

She touched her forehead and starts following the other girl.

 

"Soo yeon" Taeyeon called out.

"What?" The girl asks looking so serious.

"Where are we going?"

"Clinic" 

 

After reaching the Clinic Soo yeon was about to leave her when she stopped her and told her to stay.

 

"Ouch" Taeyeon said as the Nurse clean the bruise.

"That's what you get for running, silly kid" The nurse said. 

"I'm finished!, Now apologize to your teacher and thank Soo yeon for bringing you here" 

Taeyeon whisper a yes and pull Soo yeon with her.

 

"Soo yeon..." 

"What?" 

"Thank you" Taeyeon sheepishly said.

"It's fine, My mom said to help whenever you can" Soo Yeon said, not even giving a smile.

 

 

Present

 

She was once a responsible kid. Something must have happen. I know it.

 

"So how are you planning to be close with her TaeTae? Yuri asked.

"I told you this is not about anyone." I insisted.

"Just let her be, Sooner she'll be back crawling for our help." Hyoyeon said.

 

Just as we get to the campus, everybody seems to stop their tracked, freeze on their positions and looking at us. 

"Ooh, the magic worked, everyone’s looking at you taeng" Sunny said.

I blushed with the comment but I ignore it as we walk pass the crowd and 

I roamed my eyes, looking for the one person

I would like to see the new me. 

And there she is, for the moment our eyes met but she looked away eagerly like she saw something she didn't want to see.

 

Jessica Jung, will never want me.

I sighed, I somehow regret doing all this, it’s not going to work, nothing's going to change.

 

"OMG! OMG! OMG!"

My thoughts were stopped with Yuri's expression, and I see what's going on.

Tiffany's approaching us, who’s the University's Queen bee and one of Jessica's bestfriend.

 

"Hey Sunny" Tiffany smiled to Sunny and then to the rest of us. She looked at me and I swear she's flashing to me the infamous eye smile that she have.

 

"I heard the Director's planning to have a joint trip for the Arts and Business courses"

Tiffany asks without leaving her gaze to me.

 

"I heard that too but I don't know. Haha" Sunny awkwardly laugh.

 

Even though Sunny is not as popular as Tiffany and Jessica. Everyone knows her as the 

Chairman's niece and no one try to be mean to her.

 

"Hi! I'm Yuri." Yuri said while extending her hand.

 

Tiffany winks at me before facing Yuri.

 

"Hey, I'm Tiffany" She accepted Yuri's handshake and it obviously took longer than it should be.

"This is Hyoyeon" Yuri said while pointing, "This is Sooyoong and this is Taeyeon" 

 

"Nice to meet you everyone" Tiffany said, flashing her eye smile again.

 

To my surprised she openly checks us out.

I chucked at disbelief with this girl.

She flirts with everyone. 

 

Tiffany got a text and laugh weirdly.

"Well, I gotta go, See ya guys around"

She winks at us and left.

 

"What was that about?" Hyoyeon ask

"I didn't know she was like that" I spoke up.

"You mean gay? It's not just me right? she was eyeing everyone" Yuri said.

"Well that too, but suddenly talking to Sunny for something she obviously know

more than us?" I replied.

"Duh, she totally likes you taeng, Did you see the look that she's giving you?" Sunny said.

"Attempting to get a girl, she get her bestfriend instead" Hyoyeon said and they laugh.

'Guys, seriously, Last time I check Tiffany doesn't swing this way" Yuri said, obviously want the topic back to Tiffany.

 

By the time I told everyone that I like Jessica. Yuri claimed Tiffany. Although she admitted to like the girl,
she never showed any interest except she is in front of us.

 

"Isn't it obvious, the moment the princess jump the border the queen will follow." Sooyoong said, who’s been quiet the whole time.

"Look who finally decided to join us" Hyoyeon said.

"I just remember that I have a class with her this year, If she's start greeting me like that,

I don't think I can put up with it" Sooyoong explained.

"And what is the problem with that?, You're lucky!" Yuri asked.

"She annoys me, that's why" Sooyoong sighed, and we let it slide since it’s rare to see the girl serious.

 

I was walking alone in the corridor, passing time as I wait for their class to be over,

Today's been weird to me, I keep getting attention that I don't want from the students and even from the professors.
Not only that but Jessica's other friends also smiled to me. which I can't believe to happen.

 

"Taengoo"

Someone is calling me, but the voice was a bit unfamiliar yet I know. I looked around and I think I fall asleep because the person who's calling me is..

"Soo yeon?" I hesitantly said.

"What are you doing?" Her expressions were annoyed and bored. I gulped as I don't know  what to say,
but I don't want to let the chance pass so I just have my default reaction to do the rest.

 

"Uh, Standing?, I was walking when you stopped me" I replied, she does not look amused with my answer but I can't help to think that she's cute when annoyed.

 

"Whatever, And stop calling me Soo Yeon"  She rolled her eyes on me and started to walk away.

 

"Wait" I said and she looks back to me, I still want us to talk, so I have to do whatever I can to prolong our conversation. "You're jealous are you?" I'm mentally smacking myself for the topic that I chose. But I can't think of anything else so I continued "I'm getting attention now so you come to tell me to back off?" 

 

"Jealous? Of a midget like you?" She said as she laughs sarcastically. "I'm pretty sure everyone's just surprised that a creature like you exists, and tell you to back off? are we in grade school  or something? grow up Taengoo were no longer kids now, oh wait, you can't grow now can you?"

 

"You're not that tall you know" I mumbled. Even though what her said really does insult me I'm quite happy that we're talking now. But I don't want her to see that 

"For someone who doesn't want me to call them in their real name you seem to like calling  me with my nickname" I snickered.

 

"I can call you Kim if that's what you want. and Jessica is also my real name, dwarf"

 

"Nooo... Are you summoning my parents?" I said bewildered with the idea  and she laugh, she laugh and this time it's her real laugh, I don't know what is my expression now, I'm really happy that I decided to do this.

 

"I don't really get you" She said, breaking me with my thoughts, her voice was so low almost like she doesn't want me to hear, but I can really see the confusion in her eyes like she meant it.

 

"W-what?" I stuttered, I don't know what she means. Because if she's telling me that she can't understand me, I can't understand her either,  we know each other since grade school,  we went to the same high school and I admit that I follow her here in this University  and for all those years, this is the first time she talked to me.

 

"Sica! Let's go now!" Tiffany called out as she run to Jessica and hug her from behind.

"Oh, Hi Taeyeon. I didn't knew you to know each other" Tiffany said, with a tone that I think is flirty. Before Jessica could say something I spoke up.

"No, no, we don't know each other, we never know each other, we just happened to pass here at the same time, Yeah"  I think I made a mistake with saying those since Jessica flinch at what I said.

"Let's not bother a stranger, Fany" She said in a serious tone. She seems mad. I feel bad.

"But we know each other, right TaeTae?" 

 

Before I could answer, Jessica pulled Tiffany away, If I wasn't depressed of myself,

I might have laugh with Tiffany's antics. 

 

"Okay what was that?" Sooyoong said as she approached me.

"It's nothing, why are you already here? did you get out of the class?" She's totally going to tease me if I told her what happen.

"That doesn't look nothing to me, and duh. My class is over, didn't I told you I have a class with Tiffany?, Can't you believe what she did? She sit right next to me like were buddies and not only that but she spend the whole time shoving in everyone's faces that she's fluent in English! Why did she even take that class!" Sooyoong said with a different facial expressions every sentence. She's really funny.

 

"She's just probably like that, you know, if get close enough you'll understand her" I said, thankful that the topic is changing.

 

"Protecting the bestfriend now huh?, So what really happened? I saw you and her talking

then she laugh and you're grinning like a dork"

 

"You saw that? My eyes widen. It's not like I don't want to tell them, its just that they'll 

tease me, and I'll lose all the confidence I have.

"What saw what?" Yuri said. Oh no, They're here. I'll definitely be grilled tonight.

"Our Resident Dork here is talking to the Princess" Sooyoong said.

"Really? How did it happen? Who approached first?" I almost did  not understand what Sunny said because she keeps on shrieking.

"Let's go to the coffee shop first, We're getting an audience" Hyoyeon points out the students who stopped.

 

 

"Well, talk now" Yuri impatiently said as we get our seats and told our orders.

Everyone is listening to me patiently without interruption. 

I might have deleted the part were she said she doesn't get me.

Somehow I'm eager with what will they say but someone approached us.

Why does I keep getting interruptions?

 

"Kwon Yuri" Our heads look over to whom talked. Sunny and Hyoyeon looked like they've seen this coming but Sooyoong and I were surprised.

"They're were talking and giggling in the class" Sunny whispered to me.

"Yoona!" Yuri said louder than it should be"

"Sorry to interrupt I'd just want to invite you to the party in Sica's house tonight,

Your friends are welcome too." Yoona said smiling to us. 

 

They say Yoona is the prettiest girl in the campus, Well all the member of So-called Royal Family were all gorgeous. In the Royal Family, Tiffany and Jessica were sister, Since both of them lived in America, Hence, Tiffany is the Queen while Jessica is the Princess and Seohyun and Yoona were their children, respectively.

 

On how it happened like that? I don't know, it started as a joke but as it spreads around it become real as they act on it.

 

"Did your friends knows about this?" Hyoyeon spoke up.

"Well, I ask Fany since I haven't seen the other two, she said she's already acquainted with everyone here so it’s cool" She explained without breaking the smile on her face.

We looked at each other faces, trying to talk in our minds to come up with an answer,

Yuri and Sunny seems to like the idea, Hyoyeon and Sooyong seems thinking hard whether to go or not, and I, I don't know. Seeing Jessica now would really be awkward, but I want to see her. Seeing that moments have passed and we haven't answered yet, we all look at Sunny making her to decide everything.

 

"Uh, Yeah, Thank you Yoona, We'll go" Sunny said.

"Great, I'll text you her address Yuri" with a wink at Yuri, Yoona left us.

"What are you waiting guys, Let's get ready for the party!" Yuri Exclaimed.

 

_____________________________

 

TBC.