Last Day

Seducing Byun Baekhyun
Untitled-1.png
 

 

Their third day in the campus was finally spent on exploring the rest of the school. They continued from the gym where they stopped the first day after Chanyeol and Jongin ended up playing basketball with some sunbaes.

The building next to the gym was the most normal looking building out of everything, and they realized the reason why when they got there and realized it was the building for general classes. There was only three floors of it and they didn't stay there long because they wanted to see the next ones quickly.

The next one was a building that had a grey scale shades for color, doors and windows vertically tall with dirty white frames to express the old-days style the building had. It turned out to be the Multimedia Arts building, and it got Jongin really excited as soon as they got there because after all, he was Film as a minor and he was just so happy to see how amazing the building was inside as much as it was outside.

The last building, the one on the farthest right, was connected to the Multimedia building by a connecting annex at the third floor. It was the most modern looking building out of all, with glass walls on the front part, revealing almost everything it had to offer from the front. It also had a huge sign that simply said Performing Arts in an italicized and stylish font, and a few posters of people who looked like students of the school as well, making it look even more of an entertainment company.

Naturally, all of them stayed the longest at the last building because they were all taking up courses there, although different ones. They quickly learned that the dance practice rooms were at the basement so that's where they went to first. Again, Jongin was the most excited because when they got to the basement, his expectations of typical rooms with full mirrored walls was fulfilled, but there were also rooms with different settings and designs to suit the feel of their dance should they wish to shoot themselves dancing to something. There were also dance practice rooms at the ground floor and first floor, but Jongin already had a favoritism towards the practice rooms on the basement.

The second, third and fourth floors were classrooms. Fifth floor was meeting rooms for the student organizations and clubs, and finally, the rest of the higher floors were practice rooms for the Music Production and Voice major students. As they expected, each room was sound proofed and  had pianos and guitars available for use for any students that reserved the room. There were also a couple of recording studios on each floors, each with complete sets of instruments and devices that were needed for making music.

It was almost heartbreaking for them to leave the building, but when lunch time came around and they all felt hungry because of too much excitement, they found themselves again on that same private table Luhan reserved for them after a phone call from Chanyeol a couple of hours ago.

After that, they spent the rest of the day playing games at Chanyeol's and Baekhyun's room because Baekhyun finally managed to set up the consoles sent to him. In the end, it was Chanyeol and Jongin who were competing against each other though, and when it was time for dinner, Kyungsoo was disappointed that he couldn't cook again because they got too competitive about playing, with Kyungsoo supporting Jongin and Baekhyun supporting Chanyeol. In the end, Chanyeol won, simply because he was the better player, and Kyungsoo couldn't stop pouting about it. Baekhyun still couldn't quite understand why Kyungsoo hated Chanyeol so much, but he let it go. If he couldn't figure it out once, he knew there was no use brooding over it.

They ended up having dinner at Luhan's again, but while eating, Kyungsoo swore that he would definitely start cooking for them the next day so that they wouldn't have to keep spending too much.

That promise didn't happen until the last day of summer vacation though, the day before their University classes officially start, and it was 8 in the morning when Chanyeol and Baekhyun's door was knocked onto by an overly enthusiastic Kyungsoo. It was a good thing the roommates were both up already, or else they would've been pissed by Kyungsoo's enthusiastic knocking.

"Kyungie, hey," Baekhyun greeted with slightly puzzled look on his face, which deepened more upon seeing his best friend's overly happy expression.

"Breakfast is ready," Kyungsoo finally said and Baekhyun quickly figured out why he was in such a good mood. "Get your roommate and be in our room in 5 minutes, or else Jongin would finish everything. He said so, and I don't doubt he can do that."

"Okay, I just need to grab my phone," Baekhyun answered before closing the door and going back to the bedroom where his roommate was laying down on his bed again, with his towel still on his wet hair.

"Kyungsoo said to have breakfast at their room, but we have to be there within 5 minutes if we want to eat before Jongin finishes everything," Baekhyun said, and in a snap, Chanyeol was up on his feet and was going for the bathroom again.

"I don't doubt Jongin's appetite. Let me just dry my hair for a bit," he said before he closed the door and Baekhyun heard the blower .

It was exactly five minutes when they appeared in front of Kyungsoo and Jongin's door, and Chanyeol's hair was still not completely dry, but he was hungry so he chose to leave it at that.

Neither one of them anticipated a table full of food though, and even Jongin who was already sitting there looking very hungry nodded his head, acknowledging Baekhyun and Chanyeol's shocked reactions. The were expecting fried eggs, bacon and maybe pancakes, but neither one of those were present. Instead, there was 4 bowls of Bibimbap, 4 bowls of Dwaenjang Jjigae, a plate of Zucchini Pajeon and a plate of Deep Fried Smelt. Of course, there was also the small bowls of side dishes like Kimchi, Kkakdugi, Dubu Buchim and Gosari Namul.

"Wow, Kyungie, you're not holding back at all with this cooking thing," Baekhyun commented with a smile as he took a seat beside his best friend.

"Of course. It's our last free day. I can't do this anymore once the semester starts so this is kind of a kick-off thing," Kyungsoo said proudly.

Of course, Kyungsoo was embarrassed at the pouring compliments when everyone starts eating, but he was just as happy with each one of them. He even accepted Chanyeol's praises, but then again, the guy was practically breathing in his food so at least at that time, Kyungsoo liked him simply because the giant liked his food. He didn't even hesitate to make Chanyeol another serving of Bibimbap when the giant asked for it, and by the time they were done eating, Baekhyun noticed that Kyungsoo liked Chanyeol a little better. He was still acting quite snobby when Chanyeol says something, but not as much as before.

"So what do we do today? It's our last day of freedom so we have to really think about this," Jongin asked as he and Chanyeol joined the two shorter boys in lazing on the couch.

It was Jongin and Chanyeol who insisted on cleaning up after they ate so Kyungsoo and Baekhyun was already watching some random movie when the two finished. They weren't even paying attention though, busily talking about something else, and when the question was thrown, they all started discussing choices.

"I vote for a date with Kyungsoo," Jongin said in a loud voice in the midst of all the talking, making everyone stop and turn to him.

"I vote for a date with Kyungsoo," Baekhyun replied with a frown.

"Why? You get to be with him all day everyday. You have the exact same schedule," Jongin fought back.

"But you share a room with him. If you've forgotten, I want to remind you that we—" Baekhyun wrapped his arms around his best friend who didn't fight it at all, choosing to keep a straight face. "— were supposed to room together. But being the awesome person that I am, I let my best friend's wish of rooming with you happen."

"Awesome person?" Jongin scoffed. "You stared him down, he was trembling."

"For your information, I've never done that to him before. It's basically your fault for coming into our lives uninvited," said Baekhyun, hugging Kyungsoo tighter while sticking his tongue out towards Jongin.

Kyungsoo still didn't fight it when Baekhyun hugged him tighter but he did make a face at Jongin, telling his boy friend to just give in because what the other was saying was pretty much the truth. What the couple didn't expect though was Baekhyun placing a sloppy kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek simply because he could.

Jongin was indeed used to the best friends' skinship; hugging each other all the time and holding hands. But a kiss was still an entirely different story. Jongin truthfully believed that only he had the right to kiss Kyungsoo anywhere in his body and not anyone else— even his best friend— had the right to that.

"This midget—" Jongin was about to get to his feet to push Baekhyun away from Kyungsoo, but Chanyeol's thundering voice announcing, "Stop!" made everyone stop and turn to him this time.

"Personally, I don't want to spend the rest of the day listening to the both of you trying to best each other out, trying to compete on who gets Kyungsoo," Chanyeol said while getting up to his feet. "So here's the plan. We all stick together. We'll go the arcade, watch a movie and then go back here early so that Kyungsoo can cook that dinner he wants to cook. We'll spend the day like high school students, because starting tomorrow, we'll have to leave that behind and be college students. Agree?"

Frowning still, Jongin and Baekhyun glared at each other once before finally turning away from each other.

"Fine," they both muttered under their breaths while the one in between them just sighed in relief.

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol with a grateful look which the other answered with a subtle wink and a thumbs up, and although Kyungsoo wouldn't want to admit it, at that moment, he did acknowledge the fact that Chanyeol wasn't bad. He still had a biased feeling of dislike towards the guy, so it ticked him to think that way, but it was the truth.

"Let's start getting ready then," Chanyeol got everyone moving with that, although it was just mostly him trying to pull Baekhyun out of the couple's room so they could go back to their own room and start getting ready.

 

 

☺☻☺☻☻☺☻
 
It was almost an hour after their breakfast when they finally got out of the school vicinity. They did as Chanyeol suggested earlier and went to an arcade, although the one they found was already quite far from the school. It was pretty near everything else though so the place was alright.
 
It was while they were playing then though, that Jongin and Chanyeol learned how competitive Baekhyun and Kyungsoo were. They paired up by best friends, meaning it was Baekhyun-Kyungsoo VS Chanyeol-Jongin.
 
At first, the two taller boys thought it was unfair because they both knew how good they were. What they didn't expect was how as equally good the two shorter boys were, and how competitive they could get, especially when they are together.
 
They played just about every game in the arcade, starting from the basketball shooting (which Chanyeol and Jongin won), fighting games (which was a tie), racing games (which was a tie too), and dance revolution games (which Kyungsoo and Baekhyun surprisingly won, earning of course a teasing from Baekhyun for Jongin, who ignore the other and just congratulated his boyfriend with a tight hug). By the time they got out of the arcade, it was way pass lunch and they were hungry but they didn't want to miss the movie they wanted to watch so they just bought an awful amount of take outs and snacks and brought them to the cinema.
 
"Are you planning to have a lunch party inside or something?" They heard a familiar voice that made them all turn while they were at the queue of the crowd waiting to enter the cinema.
 
"Kris sunbae," the four greeted their senior who was with a couple of unfamiliar faces.
 
"New friends?" One of the unfamiliar faces asked.
 
"Some freshmen I met the other day," Kris answered without taking his eyes off of them.
 
"You're watching the movie too, sunbae?" It was Chanyeol that asked.
 
"Yes, but unlike you, we prefer to do that without the feast," Kris said, pointing at the bags of food each of them had in their hands. "Oh, by the way, these are Minseok and Junmyeon. Minseok is a Dance Major and Junmyeon here is a Business Major like me. And Chanyeol." Kris added pointing at Chanyeol.
 
"Oh, he's the kid you were talking about," Junmyeon said, stepping up and offering a hand towards Chanyeol. When Chanyeol took it, he added, "If you need anything at all, you can talk to me."
 
"For real. He's the president of the biggest and best org in the Business block, so you really should take that seriously," Kris added with an encouraging nod.
 
"Then I'll count on you, sunbae," Chanyeol answered with an easy going smile, but fairly serious tone.
 
"Oh, the queue is moving," the one named Minseok said, pointing at the start of the line.
 
They were starting to enter the cinema, and the four were not far from the front so their turn was getting closer.
 
"See you around then, freshmen," Kris said, waving as the four followed the queue inside the cinema.
 
"For someone who looks like he can step on both me and Kyungsoo, he's really really nice," Baekhyun commented as the sunbaes went back to their place in the line.
 
"I know right. Kris hyung actually helped me out the other day when I was looking for a place to buy food for breakfast. I think it would be nice to be friends with them," Chanyeol said excitedly as they kept following the people entering the cinema.

"We're probably the luckiest group of freshmen so far, meeting a lot of sunbaes even before classes began," Kyungsoo said with a smile before they disappeared into the dark cinema.
 
☺☻☺☻☺☺☻

They went along with Chanyeol's plan that morning, so after the movie, they proceeded back to the dorms. Kyungsoo started cooking after resting for a bit, refusing the help Chanyeol offered saying that he preferred to work alone especially with the small space they had. That made Baekhyun and Jongin thankful though, because if Kyungsoo had accepted Chanyeol's help, that would have meant that the two of them had to endure each other's company and neither one was comfortable with that idea.

"Dinner's ready!" Kyungsoo finally said a few hours later, waking up Baekhyun from a slumber he didn't remember getting into until he woke up with Kyungsoo shaking his shoulder while Jongin and Chanyeol were already at the table.

"How long was I out?" Baekhyun asked as he followed Kyungsoo to the table.

"About 10 minutes after we found a movie to watch," Chanyeol answered, matter-of-factly.

"Wow. I can't even remember what movie we chose to watch," Baekhyun shrugged before yawning his heart out.

Jongin looked at him in disgust.

"What the hell diva? At least cover your mouth when you yawn. You can only open your mouth that wide when there's a d— OUCH!" Jongin was cut off by a kick on his shin, surprising both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun while Jongin proceeded to glare at his friend who was sitting beside him. "The , Yoda?"

"Manners, Kkamjjong. You're in front of food," Chanyeol calmly answered.

"You kicked me," Jongin continued to complain, even turning to Kyungsoo and pouting, "Baby, he kicked me."

"Jonginnie, you have to know when to stop talking," Kyungsoo answered with a sigh, making Baekhyun laugh loudly before throwing Jongin and smirk, which the other didn't need to start pouting already.

"Jal meokgessumnida." They started eating, again, singing and praises to Kyungsoo's food, making the boy blush again although he looked really happy about that as well.

"I can't believe we're actually about to start college tomorrow already," Baekhyun said with a sigh as they finished eating, but nobody was leaving the table yet before they were all so full that moving seemed too much of a task to do just yet.

"Me neither. We're all going our different ways though as soon as we start, right?" Chanyeol added. "Oh, except Baekyun and Kyungsoo. I still can't believe you managed to get the exact same schedule. It's unfair."

"Well, we planned things well," Kyungsoo said proudly.

"Not all of them went well, but still," Baekhyun shrugged, and Jongin groaned.

"You can't still be holding a grudge against the roommate plans, are you?" Jongin asked, almost grunting the words as he glared at Baekhyun again.

"Nah. I just love bringing it up," Baekhyun laughed, ignoring Jongin's glare.

"Anyway, let's start cleaning this up so we can go back to our room. I just remembered that I have to get my things ready for tomorrow," Chanyeol hopped up all of a sudden.

"It's okay. Jongin will clean up," Kyungsoo said softly as he also got up to his feet. "You can both go. But don't forget about breakfast tomorrow morning, okay? Both of you."

"Wow, thanks," Chanyeol answered with a huge grin on his face.

"Wait, I'm cleaning all these up alone?" Jongin reacted late in shock of what Kyungsoo just said.

"Jonginnie, it's your punishment for almost saying a bad word earlier in front of food," Kyungsoo said, softly but firmly.

"I'd love to watch that, but I also need to fix my things for tomorrow. Thanks for the meal Kyungie. See you tomorrow," Baekhyun said while headed to the door with Chanyeol after him, and Kyungsoo after them.

"Good night," Kyungsoo said with a smile towards Baekhyun which his best friend answered with a kissy face before turning back and walking towards his own room.

When Kyungsoo saw Chanyeol turned back to him though, he gave him a warning look which the other nodded to with a smile and a soft, "Good night to you too, Kyungsoo."
 
☺☻☺☻☻☺☻

 

 

 

2016 © The Secret Iris
 
OMG. You've all waited so long and all i have is a short boring chapter.
I'm sorry. I kindda needed this to bridge thru to the start of classes.
Or not, I don't know. I'll do better next time. >.<
Love you, readers ♥♥♥