Be Happy, Mommy

4 Years After You Left

"Congratulations Park Bom-sshi, you're four weeks pregnant," the obstetrician smiled. 

"N-n-nae...?" Bom asked as her eyes widened. 
 
"You're four weeks pregnant," she repeated. "Congratulations!" 
 
"Oh... Kamsahamnida..." Bom mumbled. 
 
She was suppose to be happy. But her heart felt heavy. Sadness washed over her. "Four weeks, huh?" she muttered as she put her hands on her stomach. "I'm sorry baby. But, I don't know why I'm feeling like this..." 
 
Bom unlocked the door and walked into their house. "Noona?" she heard Ji Yong call from the bathroom.
 
"Yeah, it's me," Bom replied. Should I tell him... she sighed and shook the thought away. Not yet... she thought as she sat down on the couch lifelessly. 
 
"Yeobo, what's wrong?" Ji Yong asked. 
 
"It's nothing. I'm just really exhausted," Bom lied. "I'm going to go to bed, babe." 
 
"You haven't eaten dinner though, Bom." 
 
She smiled weakly. "Not hungry." He nodded. 
 
Bom walked into her bedroom and touched her stomach again. "It's not that I'm not happy I have you, baby..." she whispered. "It's just that... I'm scared. What if I lose you too?" 
 
The next morning Bom woke up and saw a sticky note on her pillow. Noona, what's wrong? I can tell something is worrying you. Just know that I'm here. You don't have to keep it to yourself. I'll always be waiting. She smiled as she read the note. "Thank you, Ji Yong..."  
 
Ji Yong came home that day with a big smile on his face. "Jagiya!" he cooed. 
 
"Ji Yong?" Bom said. 
 
"Guess what I brought!" Ji Yong cheered. Bom looked at what he was carrying. Beer and corn. 
 
Bom bit her lower lip. "Um... Ji Yong-ah, can I talk to you?" she mumbled, playing with her fingers. 
 
"Yeah... sure," he replied. They sat down on the couch and Ji Yong looked up at her. "What is it noona?" 
 
"I... I-I-I..." she stuttered. Tears fell down her eyes. 
 
Ji Yong looked at her, concerned. He put his hands on top of her's and gently squeezed it. "Tell me..."

"I'm pregnant," Bom bursted into tears.
 
Ji Yong's jaw dropped. "You're... You're what?" 

"Pregnant..." 
 
Ji Yong smiled brightly. "You mean... I'm going to be a dad?" Bom nodded. "YES YES YES! YAY!" he shouted. His happy expression slowly faded away. "But noona... Why are you crying?" 
 
"I'm scared..." she said, almost inaudibly. "What if... What if I lose her too..." 
 
Ji Yong brought Bom into his arms. "You have me now. We'll make it through together." 
 

------------------------------ 

FOUR YEARS LATER 

Bom watched her daughter as she fell asleep. She turned off the lights and whispered, "Good night, Ji Soo." 
 
She grabbed her coat and went to the backyard. Although she loved Ji Soo, the thought of Ji Yeon never left her mind. How she wasn't able to protect her killed Bom every time. Burying her hands into her face, she cried. A few minutes later, Bom felt someone hug her. She looked up to see a girl, about the age of 8 hugging her. "Ji Yeon...?" 
 
"Umma... I'm happy where I am. I love seeing you, appa and my dongsaeng. So be happy. Don't cry," Ji Yeon smiled. 

"Ji Yeon-ah..." Bom whimpered. 
 
She hugged Bom even tighter. "Take care of Ji Soo with your all and don't worry about me. Ji Soo's the one that needs you, not me," Ji Yeon smiled. "I love you, mommy." 
 
"I love you too, sweetie..."
 
"Jagiya. What're you doing out here?" Ji Yong walked toward his wife. Poof, Ji Yeon was gone. Bom sighed. 
 
Bom wiped her tears and smiled. "Nothing, just looking at the stars." 
 
"It's chilly, you'll get sick," he said, kissing her softly. "Let's go back in." Ji Yong held Bom's hands and they made their way back to the door.
 
Bom looked back once more before they went inside. She saw Ji Yeon again. "Be happy, mommy," Ji Yeon mouthed as she waved. She smiled and nodded at her daughter. 
 
"Jagiya..." Ji Yong whispered seductively as they walked back inside the house. "Now that we have a mini-Bom, how about we make a mini-Ji Yong?" he winked as he s his arms around her waist, bringing his face closer to her's. 
 
"Aish, Kwon Ji Yong!" Bom complained and pushed his face away. 
 
-THE END