End

Stop -- Rewind [Sequel][Completed]

Dark clouds rushed across the sky, driven by a parching wind that hissed through the windows. All the bruising that Chanyeol received from the trainee days due to dance practice were nothing compared to this. If he did not feel like before, he felt worst with the mental pain.

 

He remembered yesterday during their concert and how every time he tried to interact with Kyungsoo, the smaller boy would push him away or ignore his presence. People would say this is some fast karma and he deserved it but he was still hanging on that string of hope that they can be friends again.

 

It doesn’t help that people call their couple the one-sided ship now and say how Kyungsoo has moved on and he should go back to Baekhyun. Sure that is probably half true but he’s pretty sure that Kyungsoo still had feelings for him.

 

His eyes drift to the distance as he sees Kris holding an umbrella bringing Kyungsoo back inside the dorms. They were in charge of going groceries shopping but they really did not have to look like a couple. It irritates Chanyeol to say the least. Kyungsoo holding onto Kris’s arm while Kris holds the umbrella hoping they won’t get wet along with all the groceries. Kris seems like some character that popped out of some romance novel. No matter how cold the wind is blowing, it cannot destroy their atmosphere.

 

Chanyeol’s attention diverts to the front door when Kris and Kyungsoo walks inside. Before he could register anything, he sees Yixing rush over to Kyungsoo and tells him he will help make dinner.

 

Kyungsoo’s eyes discreetly scan Chanyeol’s direction before he gives Yixing a nod. Immediately, Chanyeol follows Kris into his room. It’s nice because the two managers were off doing their own things so he can talk to Kris alone. Unknowingly, Kris turns around and gives Chanyeol a questioning look. Probably wondering why Chanyeol is walking into his room all of a sudden.

 

Kris raises an eyebrow at Chanyeol, his smile not leaving his handsome features. Kris is really handsome and at times it did make Chanyeol jealous. Chanyeol might be the self proclaimed visual but he had to admit Kris has a strong manly aura surrounding him.

 

“Hey hyung, can we talk?”

 

“Sure” Kris replies as he shuts his door. “What’s up?”

 

“It’s about Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol slowly replies. “You two seem really close lately.”

 

It doesn’t take a person with 20/20 vision to notice all the times the two held hands in Exo Showtime. Even Chanyeol has caught it and it pains him to say it but Kris and Kyungsoo looked perfect together.

 

“He’s a cute dongsaeng. He listens well.”

 

Chanyeol does not have a course set in mind and feels like he’s just saying whatever is coming to his heart. He may regret it later but right now it feels like it is the right thing to do. Kyungsoo deserves happiness.

 

“I don’t know if you knew but Kyungsoo and I…we used to date.”

 

“Yeah I know that.”

 

Chanyeol doesn’t even bother questioning why Kris knows. He just continues, “I hurt him big time. I was a jerk to him and I think I broke his heart. I didn’t keep any of our promises so now I’m just going to ask you to take care of him in my place. Make him feel loved and make sure to never leave him.”

 

“Chanyeol-”

 

“He is very introverted but if something interesting excites him, he can go on for hours about it. An example is like his love for r&b music, or how much he loves to cook. Some fans think of him as evil because he’s always glaring off the group, but he is the kindest person I have ever met. He cares about his appearance but no one sees it because he always wears black to the airport. When he is happy it’s not just his heart smiles, but also his eyes sparkles with excitement. When he is sad he will bite his lips and act like nothing is wrong. He keeps everything to himself and it tortures me because I couldn’t help him with his problems. Everyone already knows he is a hard worker but that’s an understatement. He works until he gets tired or hurts himself-”

 

“Chanyeol-”

 

“When he gets drunk he has a weird habit of just taking his screen cover off his phone and sticking it back on. He does it repeatedly and no one on earth knows why. He talks to himself when he sleeps, especially when he’s stressed. Most importantly he hates the smell of smoke so don’t ever bring him around strange places in Hongdae.”

 

“Chanyeol!” Kris yells making Chanyeol stop with his rants about his ex lover.

 

“Yeah hyung?”

 

“Why are you telling me all this?”

 

“To be honest I don’t know either. It pains me to tell you all this because you are one step ahead of me when getting to know the real Kyungsoo. But I just don’t want him getting hurt anymore. Hyung he obviously likes you, or else he wouldn’t cling on you like a baby koala at the airport. He is precious hyung. He is a diamond and I couldn’t see it because I was too busy looking for someone more compatible with me.” Chanyeol didn’t know that his voice was on the verge of breaking. “I’m pretty sure he knew we were different also but he puts up with me! He puts up with all the I do even if our personality contrast. But if he could do it, why couldn’t I? Why did I have to find someone to replace him? I made him feel like he was pathetic and had to change for me when he didn’t have to change at all.”

 

The shadowing of the darkness in the room was getting pretty evident. Kris sighs and tries to hug Chanyeol while patting that giant puppy on the head. Chanyeol was a mess right now and the sadness looms over him. It was obvious that he missed his ex lover and sometimes it just takes an obstacle to realize that.

 

“I’m an hyung. Kyungsoo is honestly the closest thing to an angel.”

 

“If you see all that about Kyungsoo? Why would you push me towards him?”

 

“Because even Jongin said that you take care of Kyungsoo better. And everyone knows that kid only sees chicken. If he can see who his hyung looks better with, it is saying something.”

 

Kris lets out a silent laugh. “Kyngsoo and I…nothing is going on. He’s like a really sweet dongsaeng who is by my side. He helps me a lot in Korean and I help him with some English. Also he-” Kris gets cut off when the door opens and Kyungsoo is standing there with a cute smile.

 

“Kris hyung, you took the spices to your room.”

 

His simple sentiment expression makes Chanyeol avoid eye contact while Kris looks for the spices that he brought into his room by mistake. When Kris hands it over to Kyungsoo, the glimpse in Kyungsoo’s eyes made it obvious that he has overheard everything. The minimal discomfort of Kyungsoo’s face before he leaves makes Kris take note of that he has to talk to Kyungsoo later if he has the chance.

 

After Kyungsoo leaves the room, Chanyeol tugs onto the bangs on his forehead. “We are so awkward with each other now.”

 

“How are things going with Baek?”

 

Butterflies of doubt fluttered through as Chanyeol shakes his head. “I think I finally found the answer. Baek, we might have gotten along with each other and share everything but my heart was always with Soo. You know that feeling when you hold someone’s hand and you just get a tingling sensation inside your chest that this person is the one for you? I felt that only with Soo. When I let go of his hand, that tingling feeling isn’t there anymore. I’m going to tell Baek the truth. So I won’t hurt him even more. Right now it’s best if I just remain single.” It was to his relief and pleasure to get this out of his chest.

 

Upon reaching his point of decision Kris gives Chanyeol a pat on the shoulder. “To tell you the truth, Kyungsoo has never gotten over you. When he was in Exo-M, he always monitored Exo-K performances for everything. One time I asking him if we were that bad of performers for him to always watch Exo-K. He blushed a lot but I found out he watched for you Chanyeol. One of his dream was to be on stage with you since you guys made that promise when you were trainees right? But since your break up happened the only thing he could have done was watch you on television or computer. I confirmed all my thinking was accurate when Junmyeon told me the truth. I can’t do much for your relationship but I can tell you that I think you still care a lot for Kyungsoo. Your feelings for him before were not a joke. You know so much about him so I can tell that you were pretty serious about him. You’re not a player who thought of him as some fling. I mean sometimes we make mistakes in thinking other people are the one for us and well I’m just glad you found out who you truly love.”

 

“But he won’t even be my friend. He avoids all my interactions on stage and some Kaisoo fans are cursing me out for ing the couple. Now I can see how he felt when Baekyeol fans lashed out at him.”

 

“How did you win his heart before? I’m sure it can happen again.”

 

-----

 

Kyungsoo’s pensive mood deepens as he walked around Seoul alone that night. He didn’t tell anyone he was going out, he just left when they were showering or doing their own hobbies. He wears a hood over his head and a big scarf to cover part of his face. It was cold so he has to be bundled up. He also did not want crazy fans chasing after him- especially sasaengs.

 

He bites his lips impatiently as he tries to catch the subway to myeongdong. He hasn’t been here since trainee era. The subway was crowded so Kyungsoo holds onto the rail and keeps his head down.

 

“Sit down.”

 

“No you sit down.” Kyungsoo’s head turns towards the couple. The guy was trying to get his girlfriend to take the empty seat and even though she argued, the guy makes her sit down anyways. The guy holds her hand and she laughs.

 

Kyungsoo’s vision tries adjusting when he shakes himself off of the thought of him and Chanyeol. They were like that during trainee days and those images were impossible to erase.

 

When Kyungsoo gets off the myeongdong stop, he walks around. He ignores some guys that were trying to get him into the restaurants and girls advertising their cosmetic products. He remembers when Chanyeol first held his hands here. It felt so right.

 

His thoughts travel back to earlier when he overhears Chanyeol and Kris talking. Did Chanyeol really regret leaving him? It gives him a bit of hope.

 

A sigh escapes Kyungsoo before he hears someone call his name. He really hoped it wasn’t a fan. It was dark so they shouldn’t be able to stalk him. Slowly, Kyungsoo turns around to come to face with Chanyeol’s mother.

 

“Eomonim…” Kyungsoo bows right when he recognized Chanyeol’s mother.

 

“I knew it was you!” She smiled brightly and enveloped Kyungsoo in a hug. “I haven’t seen you in so long! Why are you not visiting Viva Polo?”

 

Forgetting his thoughts for the moment, Kyungsoo hugs Chanyeol’s mother back. “I have been busy eomonim. What are you doing in myeongdong?”

 

“I wanted to buy some skin care for my face.” She laughs a little, “I’m getting older. I don’t have beautiful skin like you.” She pinches Kyungsoo’s cheeks that were hidden underneath his scarf. “Anyways where is Chanyeol? Why are you out by yourself? What if fangirls or fanboys mob you? I will personally call to scold him.”

 

“No no. It’s ok eomonim. I actually left by myself. Some of the members are calling me but I wanted some private time.” Kyungsoo answers while fidgeting with his scarf.

 

“Ah I see. You look more tired. Chanyeol makes me mad because he takes all the members to the restaurant but he never takes you. He used to always take you during trainee days.”

 

Within the boundaries and how close they were, it was strange that Chanyeol’s mother did not know of their past. Kyungsoo just lets a silent laugh. “Chanyeol doesn’t want to pay for my food anymore.”

 

Mrs. Park laughed and pats Kyungsoo’s hood. “I miss you. Remember to drop by Viva Polo sometimes ok? You won’t have to pay anything. Anyways I’ll go buy my skin care now. You can have your private time.”

 

Kyungsoo bows 90 degrees, “thank you eomonim. See you later.”

 

When she rushes off to the face shop Kyungsoo takes out his cell phone and is surprised to see the miss calls coming from Chanyeol. He did not want to call back but for some reason his heart wasn’t cooperating with him.

 

“Kyungsoo! Where are you?” Chanyeol shouts through the phone. Kyungsoo can picture Chanyeol running back and forth in the kitchen with his hand on his head. A habit he does when he freaks out.

 

“I’m at myeongdong. I just saw your mother.”

 

“What the…why is she there? Anyways I’ll come to get you.”

 

“Why?”

 

“You’re out by yourself. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

 

“Wait Chanyeol-” Kyungsoo gets cut off when Chanyeol hangs up the phone. He looks at the phone with pierced eyes wondering why Chanyeol cares about him so much.

 

-----

 

Chanyeol trembles when he gets off the subway and rush up the exit after scanning his card. His vision blurs as he search hard for Kyungsoo, trying to not look like some crazy freak. He looks at the many stores around and distance himself from places where he might be recognized. His skin quivers when he sees a bunch of girls surrounding the Nature Republic store. Sure the store can be popular for young shoppers but not to this point.

 

It looks like a celebrity has arrived.

 

Quickly Chanyeol sprints over the crowd, his terrifying rapid heartbeat and his lips quavers thinking that it might be Kyungsoo trapped inside the rapid fans.

 

It becomes clear when everyone takes out their cell phone and tries to take pictures of the boy who keeps his head down. Chanyeol can see over their heads thanks to his height but he could not push through. The girls working at Nature Republic looks afraid of pushing in because the ambush of fans might cause all the products to fall.

 

Knowing Chanyeol could not push a bunch of hyperactive girls and boys out, he screams in a loud tone. “Everyone please stop. You might hurt him!”

 

It startles the crowd and Chanyeol pushes himself inside. He can see a lot of fans yanking on Kyungsoo’s sleeves but when they saw him, they stopped. Many were screaming because of his presence but he ignores them and holds Kyungsoo in his arms. “Come on” he tells Kyungsoo and pulls Kyungsoo away.

 

Many of the fans were chasing him down but he tells them to stop countless times before he calls the nearest taxi. When they were finally inside, Chanyeol turns to the driver, “can you take us to Namsan please?”

 

The ride was silent but Chanyeol holds Kyungsoo’s hands the whole time. It calms both of their nerves down.

 

Once they reached their destination, Chanyeol takes Kyungsoo’s hand and walks with him. “Let’s take the cable car up to the tower.”

 

Kyungsoo just follows Chanyeol’s lead. Some wind was blowing maliciously at their ears so Chanyeol holds on Kyungsoo’s waist tight. “What if I didn’t come in time? Those fans could have hurt you.”

 

“I only went there because I knew you were coming…I figured since we endorse Nature Republic, you would go there to find me…” Kyungsoo knows there’s a bunch of Nature Republics around myeongdong but he stayed at the one nearest to the subway to wait for Chanyeol. He did not know fans would recognize him.

 

Chanyeol heaves a heavy sigh. “I got really worried.”

 

“Why are you so worried about me for?” Kyungsoo asks when they get into the cable car. There weren’t that many people so it was good.

 

“Why wouldn’t I worry about you? You’re like this little princess that I need to care about.” Chanyeol feels Kyungsoo shoving his shoulder and he laughs. “Not princess in a feminine way. But princess in like a way where I just want to protect you.”

 

The walk out of the cable car and up to Namsan tower was tiring. Kyungsoo doesn’t even know why Chanyeol is taking him here. “Why are we here anyways?”

 

“Because in Exo Showtime you went without me. You had Kris with you too.”

 

Kyungsoo looks down and notice that Chanyeol hasn’t let his hand go. In the dark night, Chanyeol still shines bright in Kyungsoo’s eyes. The same eyes that traps him in a deep gaze. In that fleeting moment, Kyungsoo pulls his hand away from Chanyeol. “Why aren’t you here with Baekhyun? This is like a place for couples. Why are you here with me?”

 

“I told Baek the truth earlier and now I’ll say it to you. I really thought I fell out of love with you Soo, but it turns out I never did. I tried to convince myself that we are different and that Baek and I match more but even if Baek and I have more in common, I enjoyed spending time with you. You might be introverted but you always listen to me when I rant or say dumb . You give me good advice and you really helped me grow. I was selfish trying to find someone else to love because I did not appreciate what was in front of me. I’m so sorry Soo. You really don’t have to take me back but I…I just wanted to tell you the truth. If I could rewind back the time, I really would and fix all this .”

 

Kyungsoo silently caress Chanyeol’s cheeks. It was the first time he has seen Chanyeol cry- especially for him. “I overheard you talking to Kris hyung earlier. You’re the dumbest guy I’ve ever met. You talk nonstop and you are so hyperactive. But even if you talk a lot, you always get quiet when I want to talk. You always listen to me and you never care about my status. You took care of me and whenever I close my eyes, I only see you. That’s partly why I haven’t been able to get over you. You are still a jerk for trying to find someone else but if it takes you that lesson to find out that you still love me…I guess we try can starting over. I…I’m just afraid of getting hurt again.”

 

Chanyeol pulls Kyungsoo into a hug and kisses his lips. “Don’t be afraid of that. I promise I won’t hurt you again or else I would get run over by a car.”

 

“Chanyeol!”

 

“What? I know it won’t happen because I’m serious about you. I like how you worry about your appearance but you look like some ahjussi. I like how you get mad but you laugh easily. I like your violent side also because even though you are scary at times, it teaches me not to mess with you. You’re also beautiful…inside and out.” Chanyeol stops when he sees that Kyungsoo is trying to hold back his own tears. He kisses Kyungsoo’s eyes, nose and lips. “You make me feel as if heaven is on earth.”

 

“You’re so cheesy.” Kyungsoo looks away to hide the red that were forming on his cheeks.

 

Chanyeol laughs as he holds tightly on Kyungsoo’s hand. “I was stupid and did not take you here during trainee days. But we need a love lock.”

 

Kyungsoo waits for Chanyeol as he buys the lock and they walk over to the fence. Chanyeol writes the words “Kyungsoo, my first love and my best friend. Saranghae.”

 

“You wrote so much. What am I supposed to write?” Kyungsoo hits Chanyeol playfully on the shoulder.

 

“Write PCY my love for eternity.”

 

Kyungsoo laughs and writes it on the other side of the lock. They hang it on the fence and drop the key in a box. Much to Chanyeol’s enjoyment, he takes Kyungsoo’s hand and they find a bench to sit down. It was cold but for some reason being with each other carries that coldness away.

 

Chanyeol pulls Kyungsoo closer to him and lets Kyungsoo lean on his shoulder. “This whole obstacle made gave me an epiphany.”

 

“That you are stupid?”

 

“Well yes...but also that even if we are different, it isn’t always a bad thing. We can try new things together. My favorite part of our differences is our height.”

 

“Yah!” Kyungsoo yells and punches Chanyeol on the sides.

 

Groans of pain left Chanyeol’s body as he clutches on his side.

 

“A…Are you ok? Sorry. I didn’t mean to hit you that hard. But you were insulting my height…”

 

Chanyeol lifts Kyungsoo’s head and kisses him. “Now I feel better. Your lips are like my painkillers.” Kyungsoo was about to call Chanyeol cheesy again but instead Chanyeol softly bites his lips and moves their lips together. He closes his eyes and wraps his arms around Chanyeol’s neck to savor the moment.

 

-----

 

It doesn’t take a genius to find out that the two are dating. Even someone as dense as Tao noticed. The two might play around and Kyungsoo looking like he’s annoyed at Chanyeol on stage, but right when they get off stage, they always share a kiss.

 

Sometimes Kyungsoo would ask if he needs to brighten up his personality and he gets scolded for it because Chanyeol thinks he’s perfect.

 

With Baekhyun, it was a strange story. He went back to his fanboying on Taeyeon and turns out, she was interested in him also. For his sense of humor and the way he talks, it always made her laugh. So of course she gives him a chance.

 

Sometimes we need different people in our lives to figure out the one for us. Chanyeol knows all of Kyungsoo’s flaws and imperfections but he focuses on them as if they were perfections. He hasn’t forgotten anything about his first love. Even with the time frame when they were away from each other.

 

One day when Kyungsoo gets back from filming his movie, he receives a strange text from Chanyeol.

 

We need to talk

-Babo Lover<3

 

Cold sweat drips over his forehead and mingles in with the feeling of nervous thoughts races through Kyungsoo’s mind. What could Chanyeol possibly want to talk about?

 

The moment Kyungsoo opens the door to the room, he sees Chanyeol standing there with a goofy grin. “Look! I bought us matching couple rings!”

 

“You scared me!” Kyungsoo yells. “Your text sounded so serious!”

 

“Hahahahha. You’re so cute. But do you like our ring?” Chanyeol tries to place it on Kyungsoo’s finger but it only fits the index finger. “Aw man I should have checked the size better. Cause now I be wearing it on my ring finger while you wear it on your index finger…” Chanyeol felt stupid because of course Kyungsoo’s fingers are smaller than his.

 

“I think it’s better that way.” Kyungsoo softly smiles, “it’s symbolic for us but we don’t need fans to go all out and you know…bash each other…so we can wear it on different fingers. As long as it’s the same ring.”

 

“That’s true. My Soo is the smartest!”

 

“Of course.” Kyungsoo laughs, “I mean without me in this relationship, Park Chanyeol would destroy the room, kitchen, and basically everything he touches.”

 

“Come here you” Chanyeol holds Kyungsoo as they fall onto the bed together while laughing. Chanyeol hugs Kyungsoo tight and gets on top of the smaller boy while looking down on Kyungsoo’s beautiful face along with his long fluttering eyelashes. “You’re beautiful and I love you. Thank you for taking care of my stupid .”

 

A laugh escape Kyungsoo’s lips again as he moves his head up and kisses Chanyeol. “I love you too babo.”

 

The End

 

-----

 

Author’s Note: Here is the happy ending everyone wanted lol.  _(.-.)_. Thank you everyone so much for supporting and upvoting! Love you! Chansoo is perf ok.