One

Stop -- Rewind [Sequel][Completed]

A little figure stirred in his bed as the rays of the sun strikes through his eyelids. He gets up and pushes the long bangs that were falling into his eyes. Another figure appears in the doorway and sits beside the small figure.

 

“Usually you are the first to wake up. What’s wrong? Stressed about having to dorm with the K members?”  

 

Yesterday Kim Youngmin told them that their next comeback is going to be Exo as twelve. Everyone was super excited (especially Tao and Sehun) but others whined because sharing a bathroom isn’t going to be fun. Kris looks at Kyungsoo reaction and could see the kid turn pale because he hasn’t talked to Chanyeol and avoided him like the plague. Now having to practice and share a dorm together, Kyungsoo definitely looks down.

 

The worried look on Kris’s face makes Kyungsoo shake his head. “N…No. That’s not it…I’m just stressed about having to move all my stuff.” It was a lie but Kris did not want to push the matter further.

 

Few members knew about Kyungsoo relationship with Chanyeol. Only Junmyeon and Jongin did. Kris found out from Junmyeon and he knows that till now Kyungsoo hasn’t really given up on Chanyeol. The relationships in the group were a mess but they all found out about Chanyeol and Baekhyun. First they were surprised to have homoual members but seeing how much Chanyeol and Baekhyun were compatible, no one really minded anymore.

 

Kyungsoo groans as he tugs his arm back and reaches for his blanket but Kris puts his hand on top of Kyungsoo’s. “Don’t go back to sleep sleepyhead. Come on, let me help you pack.”

 

“Your luggage looks like an accordion. What do you know about packing hyung?” Kyungsoo teases and Kris shoves his head playfully.

 

They became closer ever since Kyungsoo moved to Exo-M. Kyungsoo gets along with the members so well. He might be quiet but he watches over everyone so it was hard to not like him. Jongdae even went on about how Kyungsoo would make a lovely wife in the future only to receive a glare from Kyungsoo. Jongdae shut his trap right away.

 

-----

 

“AHHH” Tao screams on top of his lungs as he pulls all of his belongings into their new dorm. It was huge. He was about to get comfortable until the managers started to give them their roommates.

 

“Luhan, Sehun, and Kyungsoo

Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Xiumin and Tao

Junmyeon, Jongdae, Jongin

Yixing with me

While Kris with the other two.”

 

Baekhyun grins as he grabs Chanyeol’s arm. “We are together Jagiya!”

 

That familiar word that Kyungsoo used to call Chanyeol makes Kyungsoo feel uncomfortable. He doesn’t say a word but instead Tao groans, “I have to be with the lovebirds. Shoot me, don’t shoot anonymous.” It was a play on word from their song and he only receives a dark glare from Baekhyun.

 

When everyone got settled, Junmyeon makes the 11 members all meet in the living room. They all scattered around the area and Kris sits next to Kyungsoo and gives him a pat on the back. Kyungsoo just smiles at the giant as he puts his hand on Kris. They were so used to always holding hands that it didn’t surprise the members anymore. Well the members excluding Chanyeol.

 

“Pretty sure we have to establish all the rules in this dorm. What should we do about showers and cleaning up?”

 

“First come first serve!” Sehun shouts out loud.

 

“It should go depending on age.” Luhan cuts in.

 

“How about cleaning up?” Junmyeon asks.

 

“Rock, paper, scissors seems most fair. I mean we also do that for car seats right?” Yixing says. It’s a childish tactic but at least the children would not be arguing about who has to clean up.

 

“How about cooking then?”

 

Kris makes a simple gesture towards Kyungsoo but the latter remains quiet. Though it did inform the other members because all of them stares at Kyungsoo like wild animals. “Looks like umma is cooking for us!” Tao cheers.

 

“He’s my umma first!” Sehun argues. Sehun and Tao were already loud when they were apart, but together they made double the noise. It’s going to be very rowdy in this dorm.

 

“Kyungsoo why are you so quiet?” Baekhyun asks but then he looks at Kris hand that was playing with Kyungsoo’s fingers. It’s just something Kris does to make Kyungsoo less nervous but Baekhyun misunderstands. He grins, “do you two have something to tell us?”

 

Kyungsoo gives him a questioning look but then Baekhyun points to their hand. “You guys are holding hands. Did you move on to Kris hyung?” Baekhyun did not mean it as a mean comment but it seems like Kyungsoo took it that way because he stands up and excused himself.

 

“What’s wrong with Soo?” Jongdae looks at Kyungsoo’s figure walking into his room and pause to think. Junmyeon looks at Kris who shrugs his shoulder. They didn’t want to talk about Kyungsoo’s problem to the rest of the group.

 

What does he mean by moving on to Kris hyung. He took Chanyeol away from me. Kyungsoo shoves his face into the soft pillow. What is he doing to himself? He’s being torn up by a guy who doesn’t even think about him. He saw Chanyeol and Baekhyun playing with each other earlier. If he and Chanyeol weren’t in the same group, they would be mere strangers who happened to just cross paths.

 

-----

 

“Chanyeol-ah, follow Jongin. Don’t be making up your own dance steps.” Their choreographer calls out. They were learning dances for Wolf and Growl. After MAMA debut, their popularity didn’t skyrocket as Kim Youngmin thought they would, so now he’s making them work twice as hard to make sure they become top stars.

 

Chanyeol and Jongdae weren’t the best dancers but Jongdae knew how to have fun with almost every moves. The fans did not call him Chensing Machine for no reason. While Chanyeol felt like he needed some rest- or someone to at least calm his nerves down. How did he manage to make it through trainee days is a question he can’t even answer.

 

Maybe because of Kyungsoo.

 

“Chanyeol seriously. You make me embarrassed sometimes.” Baekhyun tells him during their break. Some members ordered chicken to eat while Baekhyun and Chanyeol sits in the corner next to each other.

 

Nodding in understanding, Chanyeol doesn’t argue back. He can see why Baekhyun would be embarrassed of him because he can slow the group down. That’s probably why they always put him behind Jongin. Chanyeol loves Baekhyun, he really does, but Baekhyun can be blunt at times. He’s playful that’s for sure but that’s just his personality. Everyone says Chanyeol and Baekhyun were alike and had so much in common and that’s what Chanyeol thought as well. But after dating Baekhyun for close to a year, he can pick out things they don’t agree on.

 

But each time they argue, Chanyeol would be the one who apologizes even if he didn’t do anything wrong. Baekhyun’s just stubborn like that.

 

Chanyeol stiffens when he sees his first love limping on one leg while trying to walk out of their practice room. It’s hard to not ever notice Kyungsoo because Chanyeol did fall for him. He might be small and quiet but he draws a lot of attention. Chanyeol suddenly feels a bit worried but right when he was about to stand up and say something, he sees Kris come over and help Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo laughs (a smile that Chanyeol does miss because that laugh used to be only for him). “I’m fine hyung. I was just going to go to the bathroom.”

 

“Little people have to dance twice as hard huh? Is that how you twisted your ankle?” Kris teases but Kyungsoo pouts.

 

Chanyeol sees Kris making Kyungsoo sit down while trying to curl his ankle in a circular motion. “Hyung, you don’t have to-”

 

“Wouldn’t want you injuring yourself. Our comeback for wolf is coming soon.”

 

Long had the two of them be softly laughing that Chanyeol snaps back into reality when Baekhyun nudges his shoulder, “don’t you think that Kris hyung and Kyungsoo have something going on? I mean that’s what my gut instincts tell me.”

 

“Don’t be so into people’s business Baek.”

 

-----

 

What caused their argument- even Chanyeol does not know. All he knows is that Baekhyun did not talk to him even when they went back to their dorms. His movement was swift, and serves a purpose of ignoring Chanyeol. But by days such as this, Chanyeol did not want to be the one to apologize either since he felt like he did not do anything wrong.

 

“Chanyeol hyung, come to the living room. We are going to be playing a game!” Tao lets out a sweet smile.

 

An unfortunate event happens in which Chanyeol did not want to even play the game since Baekhyun looks like he was glaring him down. Chanyeol avoids Baekhyun and just sits in the random circle, not even noticing that he sat down right next to Kyungsoo until their shoulders touches. Such a small movement elicits a responds in Chanyeol’s spine as he turns to Kyungsoo who doesn’t even look at him.

 

Eventually Chanyeol succumbs to this type of tingly feeling- as if he was longing for it.

 

Everyone knew that the Baekyeol couple was probably in a fight but no one dared ask any questions. The Exo-K members were used to it already (they’re just surprised that Chanyeol hasn’t apologized), while Exo-M members were wondering what might happen next.

 

“So” Junmyeon says suddenly catching all of their attention, “it is nice to have us as 12 together. Now I’m going to throw our names into this box and each time I ask for a truth, I will draw out two members. Those two members will have to confess to the truth that has been asked.”

 

“Why do we have to do this?” Luhan raises a brow.

 

“So we learn more about each other!” Junmyeon answers with a glare. “Ok the first truth is, I have fallen for a female star.” Junmyeon can see the member’s hand trembling while chuckling to himself. Junmyeon flexes his fingers and draws out the two names, “Yixing and Jongin.”

 

“Yes” Jongin replies bluntly.

 

“Who?”

 

“It didn’t ask for a name.” Jongin says sounding like a smart and Junmyeon rolls his eyes.

 

“Nope” Yixing answers.

 

Questions were thrown out even if they were personal, like where they had their first kiss to if they are still s (Kris doesn’t even know where Junmyeon found these questions) but it did make the members laugh at one another as the heavy atmosphere starts to fade.

 

“Oh this one is nice. I have fallen for a member in the group. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun.”

 

The recognition for this answer was already obvious for Baekhyun who replies with a simple yes. While the vulnerability in Kyungsoo’s face makes Junmyeon and Jongin feel bad for him. He avoids Chanyeol’s who is sitting next to him and responds with a small yes. It gets all the members excited to hear the answer because it means it is probably one of them (and the fact that Kyungsoo likes a guy is interesting too).

 

“Is it Kris hyung?” Tao asks with a smirk on his face.

 

“I always thought Kyungsoo hyung was with Chanyeol hyung during debut.” Sehun says out of nowhere. Sehun’s comment makes everyone turn quiet and Kyungsoo motions Junmyeon to move on.

 

Chanyeol even notices that Baekhyun looks even angrier than before. Chanyeol tries to move back a little and his shoulder touches Kyungsoo’s again. This time, Kyungsoo looks up and his and Chanyeol’s eyes met. It has been a year since Chanyeol has seen Kyungsoo up close like this and it feels like time has frozen.

 

A little feeling triggers back his heartbeat that has stopped moving fast for Kyungsoo. He doesn’t know if it’s just because he has been arguing with Baekhyun, or the fact that he truly misses Kyungsoo.

 

-----

 

Wolf was successful even if the song wasn’t their favorite. As long as it won awards- that was all SM was concerned about. Their mainstream ships were still big and with every passing day, Baekhyun starts to get mood swings. He argues when he finds things to argue about, and if Chanyeol doesn’t agree, they argue even more.

 

Everyone was getting really sick of the couple.

 

“You are always concerned about Kyungsoo, you don’t think I see that?!” Baekhyun raises his voice when he sees Chanyeol pulling a blanket over his head- obviously failing to block the sound.

 

“Why are you making a fuss out of nothing?” Chanyeol mumbles under the blanket.

 

“When that stupid fan was trying to reach for Kyungsoo, you didn’t have to be the one to ask him to get into his boundary. We have our managers to do that.”

 

“Yeah but our manager was too far to even see!”

 

“Then let Sehun take care of it, he’s the one next to Kyungsoo! You didn’t have to reach over and try to protect Kyungsoo. What the ! Kyungsoo isn’t a girl.”

 

“Why are you so jealous all of a sudden? Kyungsoo is a member of Exo. Why would I want anyone touching him? Do you see how afraid he is of sasaeng? Kyungsoo is very sensitive of these types of things. Every little thing said about him, he might look strong but deep down he gets hurt. He takes everything to heart because he isn’t like us who jokes around and laughs it off. If that guy earlier actually touches Kyungsoo instead of just a regular handshake, do you know what could have happened?”

 

The silent was getting too much for Chanyeol because he can see Baekhyun’s serious face. Sometimes he can tell that Baekhyun just wants some comforting words but he couldn’t do it this time. He had to defend himself.

 

“Maybe I’m just jealous because you were with him before. You know so much about him. I’m jealous because he can take you away from me.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t know what to say. He knows deep down that he left Kyungsoo for Baekhyun, but why does he get so defensive over Kyungsoo?

 

“I…I’m sorry baby. I won’t interact with him anymore.”

 

The next day, Chanyeol sees Kyungsoo smile at him while handling him a bowl of bibimpap. “I got up early to prepare this for everyone. Also to thank you for yesterday.” It has been a while since they have talked, but Chanyeol can never get sick of Kyungsoo’s face or his beautiful smile.

 

Chanyeol was about to smile back and respond with a thanks but he sees Baekhyun walking out of the bathroom so he just takes the bowl from Kyungsoo’s hand. “Thanks, but you could have left it on the table.”

 

Kyungsoo’s smile drops immediately. He expected Chanyeol to graciously accept the food and they can talk in a friendly manner but Chanyeol is back to giving him the cold shoulder. Kris notices it right away and walks towards Kyungsoo and whispers in his ears. It catches Chanyeol’s attention right away because Kyungsoo just nods and follows Kris to the table.

 

Part of him wish that he was the one talking to Kyungsoo again. Sure they did not have much to say because it would be him talking and Kyungsoo silently listening, but he somehow missed all of that. He knows he told Kyungsoo that the past is in the past but suddenly he’s being hypocritical.

 

Chanyeol eyes Kris talking to Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo just nodding. At times he would help correct some of Kris’s Korean words while Kris helps him learn English. It’s partly why Kyungsoo English was improving- he spends so much time with Kris.

 

“Chanyeol!” Chanyeol turns around to see Baekhyun looking at him with an irritated look. “Let’s hangout this afternoon. We have no schedules.”

 

-----

 

The sun was descending, almost disappearing completely before the couple gets out of the subway. They dressed in a lot of layers and did their best to cover their faces hoping no fans catch them. Baekhyun catches Chanyeol’s attention immediately when Baekhyun drags Chanyeol to the meat restaurant Kyungsoo used to work at.

 

Chanyeol exchange glances with Baekhyun but Baekhyun ignores him as they get inside. Once they sat down Baekhyun sighs, “look I know we are arguing a lot these day. So today let me treat you to barbeque. I heard this place is pretty good.”

 

That pace of Chanyeol speech wasn’t fast like before, like he stumbles when he speaks and Baekhyun eyes him suspiciously. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing…it’s just this place brings back some pre-debut memories.” Chanyeol slightly chuckles.

 

Chanyeol eyes the waiter and reminisce the time when Kyungsoo got yelled at by some ahjussi who just wanted a free meal. It was silly but Chanyeol got so defensive over it. That night was also the first time Kyungsoo called him jagiya.

 

While they waited for their orders to come out, Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun who looks back at him dumfounded. “Is something wrong?” Baekhyun asks.

 

“No. Not at all.”

 

Baekhyun sighs, and sets down his glass, leaning forward Chanyeol with his strong gaze. “You know I don’t like promoting as 12.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“We have to share everything and not to mention it is so crowded in the dorms. I rather it just be the five of us like back then. Now people are always comparing my vocals with Kyungsoo. I mean obviously Jongdae is the best but why would they feel the need to compare me with Kyungsoo? We are both different. Our personality is different too. We all know Kyungsoo isn’t exactly the life of the party.” Baekhyun said, trying not to sound facetious.

 

“Seems like you don’t really like Soo”

 

“Maybe because he was your ex. I still can’t get over the fact that you guys practically gave your ity to each other.” Baekhyun said in a whisper, he did not want other people to hear. “I mean in the group all the members are thinking of Kyungsoo like some type of angel and I’m just a sassy . But you have to admit, you two slept with each other pretty fast.”

 

“Why are you bringing this up again?”

 

The food was out before Baekhyun could answer to that. It would be disadvantageous for both sides to talk right now so they kept quiet while finishing up their dinner.

 

-----

 

Instead of just heading home like Chanyeol expected, Baekhyun brings them to myeongdong. Baekhyun obviously wanted to get away and Chanyeol had no choice but to follow him. It was dark anyways, not like many people could recognize them.

 

The commotion around the market is always heaped up but it drives away attention from the couple. The only problem is, Chanyeol remembered going to myeongdong all the time with Kyungsoo. Chanyeol had only a moment to register the loss of Kyungsoo’s presence when these date with Baekhyun reminded him of Kyungsoo.

 

“Kyungsoo and I used to go here all the time.” Chanyeol brings up suddenly and Baekhyun pulls his fingers away from Chanyeol’s hold.

 

“You would be happier going with Kyungsoo right?”

 

“Baekhyun what is wrong with you today? I’m just making a comment. Sorry if it offended you.” Normally Chanyeol would not say such things, but his new vulnerability is making him desperate.

 

Irritation set hard lines in Baekhyun’s delicate features. “Since we have been back as 12 I always see you staring at Kyungsoo. Just tell me the truth…do you miss him? I also want to know what you like about him. You told me back then we have so much in common and we can talk for hours and make jokes together while with him you easily get bored. So tell me why do I always catch you staring at him? I mean I can even tell you get jealous of Kris hyung.”

 

“He was my first love Baek. In a way I can’t even answer your question because I don’t even know the answer. But I think my heart misses him or something.”

 

That answer wasn’t what Baekhyun was expecting so he doesn’t speak for a couple minutes before continuing again. “Let’s just take a break then. When your heart finds me again, we can start over. I’m already competing with Kyungsoo when it comes to singing, I don’t want to compete with him over you also.”

 

Just like that Chanyeol anxiously hopes that the answer will come to him soon.

 

-----

 

Strangely, Chanyeol was back to his old self- the laughing and being a happy virus self. Energy was always there and he even talks to Kyungsoo at times even though the small boy doesn’t say much back to him. Such desperation to hope that they will be friends again has Chanyeol a little bit wrapped up. At night, he finds himself staring at his reflection and hoping it would somehow answer him.

 

His head is saying go for Baekhyun but why does his heart say to go for Kyungsoo. Hell he thinks Kyungsoo doesn’t even want him back but that doesn’t stop him from thinking about the smaller boy. Reality is hitting him very hard because he even came to a conclusion why he cheated on Kyungsoo. First he thought it was because he and Baekhyun got along with each other and has a lot in common. But now he knows that he also cheated because he knew Baekhyun also liked him back. Kyungsoo was his rebound just incase Baekhyun rejected him.

 

Chanyeol felt the need to at least apologize to Kyungsoo. Hey at least it gives him a chance to talk to the smaller boy.

 

“Kyungsoo-yahhhh” Chanyeol peeks his head in the door. These days he keeps on bothering Kyungsoo hoping they at least become friends again. Kyungsoo usually threatens him with a stick that is hidden underneath his bed though. “Kyungsoo-yahh” Chanyeol says again.

 

Kyungsoo puts his book down and pulls out his earphone. “What is it?”

 

“What are you doing?”

 

Kyungsoo looks at him sharply and points to his book. “I was reading. I’m trying to learn English.”

 

Chanyeol knows that Kyungsoo just wants him out right now because Kyungsoo doesn’t make anymore eye contact. I mean if Chanyeol were Kyungsoo, he would hate himself too. He dumped Kyungsoo out of the blue just because he found Baekhyun more interesting. If that doesn’t on Kyungsoo’s personality then Chanyeol doesn’t know what would.

 

“You’re always such a hard worker. Even during pre-debut days.”

 

Maybe Chanyeol shouldn’t have said that because he sees Kyungsoo’s fingers nervously playing with his earphones. “Thank you…”

 

“I know it’s getting a bit late but everyone is out anyways. Can we talk?”

 

Miraculously they end up walking around the park near their dorms. Despite the silent that surrounds them, Chanyeol actually felt at ease. Maybe sometimes silence isn’t all that bad in life. Kyungsoo has his face glued to the ground as he walks and with his hoodie over his head, Chanyeol could not see him at all. Maybe that was a good thing.

 

“I guess I want to apologize,” seeing that Kyungsoo isn’t saying anything Chanyeol continues, “I mean I know we broke up and all but we did not have a proper closure. I just dropped you and you went to Exo-M and I felt like an . I know it was my entire fault also because I refused to hangout with you and technically pushed you aside and oh my god how do I say this, I was a ing .”

 

“Why are you bringing this up? It’s over…” Kyungsoo says in a whisper. Still not taking his eyes off of the ground.

 

“I was hoping if we can talk about this and get over what happened in the past, then maybe we can go back to being friends?”

 

“It would be immature of me to keep on holding on the past…” Kyungsoo speaks slowly (something Chanyeol always noticed, Kyungsoo speaks like he isn’t fluent in Korean). “I thought about it a lot while hanging with Exo-M members. I thought about all my flaws and things that were wrong with me for you to throw me away like that. I came to a conclusion that I wasn’t good enough for you and moved on with that. You don’t really have to apologize for anything. You fell out of love. We can’t really control who we fall for.”

 

Chanyeol should be jumping from happiness because in a way Kyungsoo forgave him and they can go back to being friends. But why did his heart not feel as happy? It felt like he wanted to mend this broken relationship back with Kyungsoo.

 

The relationship and trust is already broken. He can’t do much to fix it.

 

“H…How’s your love life then?” Chanyeol suddenly asks.

 

“I’m not really looking. Whoever comes will come. I just want the guy to love me.”

 

“Why don’t you look up when you speak? Why do you keep on staring on the ground?”

 

“I don’t know…”

 

It feels strange for Chanyeol to stop them and holds Kyungsoo’s shoulder making Kyungsoo look up at him. Memories of when he first met Kyungsoo hits him like the wind blowing on his face right now. Kyungsoo’s beautiful sparkling eyes made his heart race. It also seems like his big eyes were going to shed tears any moment.

 

Before Chanyeol could question if he was crying or not, he heard two fans scream from afar. “Chanyeol oppa!”

 

Quickly as if were first instincts Chanyeol holds Kyungsoo to his chest and covers Kyungsoo’s face from the fangirls. It was good that Kyungsoo also had his hoodie on so that the fans would not guess the member Chanyeol was with. They can’t even see his hair.

 

“Oppa are you on a date with Baekhyun oppa? Baekyeol is real oppa!”

 

Chanyeol can feel Kyungsoo shifting a bit but he still holds Kyungsoo’s head. He doesn’t want them to see that it is Kyungsoo. He knows the amount of hate that Kyungsoo got from the fangirls before because Jongin showed him and it was not pretty. He doesn’t want more hatred towards Kyungsoo.

 

The worries alerted in his eyes and made him jittery. “Hey can I have privacy please?” he was surprised to see them back off and nodded while running off. Just saying things like fighting Baekyeol couple!

 

When Chanyeol lets go of Kyungsoo, he tries to fix the bangs in Kyungsoo’s eyes under his hoodie. “Are you ok? Did I suffocate you?”

 

“W…Why did you do that?”

 

“I read the amount of hate you got before when you tried to interact with me on stage. It was my fault too. I gave you no attention in the dorms and you were just trying to show me some interactions. Instead so many people lashed out at you. Jongin let me read them all and I felt guilty.”

 

“You couldn’t tell me this before? You tell me this a year later. Did you know that a Baekyeol fan cursed me out during our fansigning? Did you know how much your fans hated me? You don’t know any of that nor did you even care. I really don’t know what is going on with you and Baekhyun right now but I really hope that I’m not your rebound. I don’t want to get hurt anymore. So please, don’t drag me into this.” Kyungsoo steps back and even when Chanyeol tries to grab his hand, Kyungsoo pulls away.

 

This scene was too familiar, but it was the other way around before. Now Chanyeol can feel the pain that he left in Kyungsoo’s heart, which was probably twice as worst.

 

A tear slides down Kyungsoo’s eyes as he wipes it away with his sleeves. “You and Baekhyun are meant to be. You told me that and everyone has told me that. Everything in the past, I’ll forgive you and we will move on from it. I just don’t want us to have any more interactions because it makes it harder for me to move on. You already called me pathetic before and I really am. I can’t even move on from a guy who left me. So please make it easier for me to move on.” It was the most that Chanyeol has ever heard Kyungsoo say, it feels like the feelings were controlled for quite some time.

 

When he sees Kyungsoo walk away from him, the pain hit like an emotional roller coaster ride. That’s when he finally realized- maybe he loved Kyungsoo all along.

 

-----

 

Author’s Note: Thank you everyone for the support! I think I will turn this into a two shot. I mean I had this chapter done but idk what to do with it. So yeah.