Chapter 45

Unwanted

 

[A/N: This one's a birthday special...]

[SNSD - Time Machine]

It took a few more seconds before you can respond to Woohyun who’s currently in a state of shock. Questions filled his thoughts.

“We may act as a married couple, we always know that.” You sighed, “but legally? I am not your wife.” You added.

“I don’t want to believe you.” He coldly said, shaking his head.

You deeply sighed looking down. Slowly you looked up to him, “Don’t you get it? The papers during the wedding, it’s not my name that’s written there. It’s Hayeon’s. What can I do? Woohyun, you’re not married to me. You’re married to my best friend… just like how it’s really supposed to be.”

Woohyun’s mouth hung open for a moment until he finally spoke. “I-I said I won’t believe you. Can’t we just leave?”

“How many times do I have to tell you? Woohyun, don’t you really get it? Don’t intentionally ignore what I’m saying! Even if you don’t want to believe in me, I’m telling the truth!” You argued.

Woohyun was being so stubborn, he doesn’t want to listen to you. He has always put in mind that you are his wife, and it can’t be undone.

“Woohyun,” you stepped closer to him. “I’m sorry. But in whatever side of the situation you try to face, we’re not related in any ways.” You reached out and held his hands. He looked at you, “Your mother talked to me… and I don’t think we can stay together anymore.”

“What?!”

“She’s trying to separate us… and she’s keeping your marriage with Hayeon. Your mom doesn’t like me… and I think I understand that.” You held in the tears that wanted to escape from your eyes.

Woohyun sighed in disbelief, “I can’t believe you’re this weak.” With this, you looked up to him. You cannot read if it’s sadness or anger you’re seeing in his eyes. “I can’t believe you’re giving up like this. I can’t believe you’re willing to leave me just like this.”

 

You shook your head, “No, I’m not saying that. That’s not what I meant. Woohyun, I—”

“We’re done, so that’s it?” Woohyun asked. He was furious. “As much as I wanted to fight for you, and you’re telling me these things right now… I don’t think I should continue fighting. Because I think, I’m already losing.”

“Woohyun…” You muttered, a tear finally escaped from your eyes. You’re still holding his hands firmly.

“Fine. Just do what you want. If you’re not my wife at all, then I don’t have anything to do with you. You’re nothing special from the other girls I see every day. You’re nothing but a stranger who happened to pass my way. A stranger who made me fall in love.” He suddenly shrugged your hands off, “But this is where this stupid conversation ends.” Woohyun turned his back to you and walked to his car. He started the engine and left without saying any more word to you. You were left standing alone.

You finally wiped your tears, *he’s misunderstanding it… it always goes this way. Why does it always have to go this way when it comes to him?* You mentally slapped yourself. *I wanted us to fight, I am not giving him up, I was just informing him. I was just telling him the things he needed to know… but he didn’t even gave me the chance to explain myself to him… Woohyun, have I left a spot there in your heart that did not change?*

Woohyun went to meet up with his friends. He stayed out all night and tried not to think of you. He had fun with them. But even if he did not want to think of you, you’re the only one running his mind right now. He was thinking if he said just the right things to you, or if they hurt a little too much. He’s not sure if he’s being selfish again that he should have heard you explain further. He was fuming earlier since he’s hurting as well with the things you were telling him. Perhaps, he was wrong too.

You tried waiting for him that night, but it was starting to get late that you didn’t have the urge to wait for him any longer. You’re pretty sure he did not runaway, he was just out for good and think of the things that are happening right now. You know Woohyun too much… you know he won’t leave you just like that.

The next morning was a bit blurry. You went to work by yourself since you know you’re not in good terms with Woohyun right now and it wouldn’t be nice to approach him right away. You just thought that you need to give him the time he needs before settling everything down.

      

Meanwhile, Sunggyu noticed that Woohyun completely not in the mood in work. So he asked him out for lunch.

“What’s up?” Sunggyu asked.

“Hmm?” Woohyun snapped out of his thoughts.

“I was asking what’s up. Is there something wrong?” Sunggyu kept on asking.

“Everything feels wrong.” Woohyun sighed.

“I’m guessing it’s about you and ______.” Sunggyu said receiving a sigh from Woohyun. “Tell me about it.”

Woohyun told him the story and what happened yesterday when you tried talking about it. “I didn’t like it… I cannot control my feelings so my words weren’t that good.”

“Woohyun, you were too harsh to her.” Sunggyu shook his head in disbelief. “You should have given her the chance to explain more. There’s a lot to say, I know she has a lot to say.” Sunggyu put his hand together and rested his arms on the table.

Woohyun looked up to Sunggyu, “Don’t tell me you know things as well… Hyung…”

“I know…” Sunggyu looked down. “I shouldn’t be getting between the two of you, but I want you to fight for what you feel, Woohyun.”

“Hyung…”

“I’ve lost the one I love before, I lost Hyuna. You lost her too, right?” Woohyun nodded. “I’m sure you wouldn’t want that to happen again…”

“But I don’t get it why she had to tell me… it completely ruined everything.”

“Because she wanted to save the love you share too.” Sunggyu said. “You have to listen to her, she loves you. We know that. And she will never do anything that will harm the relationship between the two of you. Knowing her, I bet you’re on the top of her list of people she’d likely protect.”

“Hyung, what do you know that I have to know?” Woohyun asked.

Sunggyu hesitated at first but decided to tell anyway. “It was partly my fault that Mom discovered about Hayeon. I didn’t know _____ was pretending to be Hayeon… I’m good friends with Hayeon, we all know that. So I was being so careless and told mom that… that  Hayeon’s in Japan right now.”

Woohyun’s eye widened, but he can’t get mad at Sunggyu.

“That’s the only time Mom told me that Hayeon was supposed to be the wife you’re with now.” Sunggyu sighed deeply, “so I was lucky to run into ______ that day and I apologized right away. Since Mom knew that ______ lied to her, she was trying everything just to separate the two of you. I’ve always kept Mom from doing that… I always asked her to just let the two of you. But she never listened to me.” Sunggyu took his glass of water and sipped on it before continuing. “Mom went to see ______ one day, and told her everything. Mom… mom spoke too much. I came just in time to speak for _______. I saw divorce papers from Mom’s office so I went after her. And that’s when I saw her with _______. She wanted to separate the two of you, but not anymore until she realized you’re not married to her. So right now…” Woohyun paid attention, “Mom’s looking for Hayeon and asking her to come home here in Korea. And if she does… don’t be surprised if you’ll be living with a different wife from then on.”

“N-no… I can’t let that happen… Never.” Woohyun shook his head.

“If you won’t be doing anything… ______ is slipping off from your hands.” Sunggyu said, “I think she was trying to tell you earlier than yesterday, but maybe she didn’t have the courage…”

“No, I’ve always asked her not to talk about Hayeon and our marriage. I didn’t want to talk about it… I didn’t know it’ll be this big. I guess it’s my fault too.” Woohyun said.

"________ is the type of person who needs to be heard when she's talking... that's the only way to understand her. Let her speak." Sunggyu said.

"Wait huyng, should I be thankful to you that you're helping me or be jealous that you know her too much?" Woohyun said that only made Sunggyu chuckled.

Their lunch together was filled with talking about your marriage and how they can try to fix everything.

 

“_______-shi, there’s a call for you!” Jiyoon shouted from afar. You nodded to her direction and picked up the phone beside you.

“Yeoboseyo?” You answered. There was seconds of silence. “Yeoboseyo?”

“______-shi…” The person from the other line spoke. “Can you go to my office now? We have something to talk about.”

“O-omonim… I’m in the middle of work right now.” You reasoned out than telling her you’re not yet ready to meet and talk to her again. After all, you’re not in good terms with Woohyun, you might just accept her offer of separating you and Woohyun.

“Well, it’ up to you. What I’m saying is… it’s your little ‘marriage’ with Woohyun that’s waiting for you here. And wait, didn’t I tell you to stop calling me that way? We’re not related.” Mrs. Nam said from the other line.

“A-arasseoyo… I—I’ll be there.” You said before hanging up. You deeply sighed.

“Going somewhere?” Gayoon asked from the other table while looking at her computer screen.

“N-neh… I’ll be back in a few.” You said as you quickly fixed your bag and took your coat with you as you left your office.

 

You arrived at the Nam Company, scared to see Woohyun’s mom… and thoughts played inside your head with what Mrs. Nam has in stock for you. Besides, you don’t want Woohyun to see you in their company. It will be as if you’re keeping too many things by yourself from him.

Luckily, you didn’t see Woohyun or even Sunggyu in the office. Mrs. Nam’s secretary showed you the way to Mrs. Nam’s office. You slowly and gently opened the door.

“So, you came. I was expecting you will.” Mrs. Nam’s arms crossed while sitting on her chair. “Come in.”  You slowly walked until you reached in front of her table. “Sit down.” You followed her and sat down on the sofa. Mrs. Nam sat on the other sofa after.

“W-why did you ask me to come? If it’s about Woohyun and—”

“I’m asking you for the last time… leave my son.” That stopped you. “I’m willing to pay any amount you want, just leave him for good. Start a new life of yours. Choose someone you love.”

“Then I’d be choosing Woohyun all over again. You’re not making any sense at all.” You said keeping your voice still.

Mrs. Nam chuckled a little, “One million? Or five? Or should I make it more than ten?” She took her pen and a cheque.

“I’m not taking any money from you. I love your son, isn’t that enough to stop forcing Woohyun and I to separate?” You answered firmly.

“You can change your mind… before it’s too late.” She smirked a bit at you.

“It’ll never be too late… I’ll never let you separate us… I cannot let you…” You said.

“You’ll regret it right now…” She said and then her office door banged a little. It made you look at the door’s direction.

“Leave me alone! Yah! Let go of me you—”

“It’s okay, you can leave her now.” Mrs. Nam said as the two guard-looking guys left the girl and closed the door. Slowly, the girl faced you…

“Ha—Hayeon?”  You mumbled as you saw her… just right in front of you… you know you’re supposed to be happy to have her back… but right now… you’re scared… so scared that she’s finally back.

Just as how Mrs. Nam wanted things to happen.

“Welcome back to Korea, Sung Hayeon-shi.” Mrs. Nam stood up to greet her. You slowly stood up too.

“W-what’s going on?”

“You were a runaway bride from my son, weren’t you? Well you don’t have to worry, I’m glad your back.” Mrs. Nam said with a pleasant smile. Hayeon glanced at you, she wanted to explain so many things to you. But this isn’t the right time and place so she looked back at Mrs. Nam.

“We need to talk to clear things out.” Hayeon crossed her arms and raised on of her eyebrows to Mrs. Nam, putting her weight on one foot.

“T-then I’ll have to leave now.” You said as you glanced back at Hayeon and headed towards the door. But as soon as you opened it…

“_______-ah?” Your eyes widened in surprised. It was as if you wanted to close the door right away and lock it… not wanting to witness what worse could happen.

“Oh! Woohyun, my son? Come here.” Mrs. Nam called out. You stepped aside a little for Woohyun to see his mother. “Meet your wife.”

Woohyun’s eye shifted right away to the girl standing there—to Hayeon. Then to his Mom… then to you. You looked at him with pain in your eyes as if giving up the fight that has yet to start.

“She’s my wife.” He suddenly put one of his arms over your shoulder, “should I introduce my wife to your guest?” This made Mrs. Nam’s eyes widen.

 

[A/N] 나에게 생일 축하! ♥ Aww, I feel old -__- I'm already 17 years old. Aaaaah! I SERIOUSLY FEEL OLD. WAEEEEEE!!! Anyway, I feel happy too. <3 Because I think I surpassed my first year anniversary here in AFF too! =) SO THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY STORIES HERE IN AFF <3 It's been a year... <3
I hope I can update often this coming week since it's Sports Fest in our school. <3 Yeeey!
 
THANK YOU. THANK YOU. THANK YOU! *bows more then 90 degrees, ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ*