Chapter 10

Unwanted

 

 

So Woohyun actually twisted his wrist when he caught you falling from the stairs. So many things ran in your head. First, after the doctor treats his wrist, Woohyun might actually kill you. Second, you’re worried you might get deaf from all his complaints because of you. Third, poor Woohyun, he cannot play bowling anymore with his friends. Fourth, why did bowling become his hobby these days??? Fifth, well he never won a single game with his friends! Sixth—

“You just need to take care of your wrist. It will be okay soon.” You snapped out of your thoughts when you heard the doctor say.

“Arasso.” Woohyun stood up from sitting on the bed and walked towards you. You had a staring contest for about a minute but his looks won’t bug you. He finally gave up and crossed his arms, but before he could even do so, his wrist did hurt. You actually chuckled a little bit so you stood up to leave.

“Oh you can’t kill me.” You stuck your tongue out and pointed at your wrist to mock him more.

“Oh yeah? Because the doctor said the person I tried to catch was too heavy.” That made you stop and on your tracks and he quickly passed by you. You eyed him, *he knows just how to get into my nerves*.

He got into his car, *he’s stupid* you thought. You stood there outside his car and crossed your arms. You watched him from the outside as he tried to start his engine, but then he really hurt his wrist that time. You quickly opened his door.

“Move out.” You said. He looked at you. “I’ll drive.” But he just looked at you, “Driving you home won’t hurt your ego, right?”

He just sighed at held onto his wrist.

On your way to the apartment, he was calling his friends trying to explain what happened… or actually lying about it. Of course, he can’t tell them the truth about you.

When you reached the apartment, you called him back.

“Yah!”  He just looked at you, his eyebrows crooked. “You know I’m at work, so at least take care of yourself.” You said, this time with concern. You threw his car keys to him and he caught it with his other hand. You turned to leave and to catch a cab.

Woohyun was touched by your actions, but he hardly shows it. The next you knew was the car keys hitting your head. You looked back at him.

“What—?!”

“You can use my car.” He did not say anything more and headed to your apartment.

“He didn’t have to throw these keys on me!” You hissed and cursed the car keys as you picked it up.

 

At work, you kept on doing things in the wrong way. You were out of your mind, your thoughts were flying. HyunAh was still out and every time Gayoon will tell you something, she had to repeat it at least twice before it sinks in your mind.

 “Seriously, what is up to her?” Jiyoon whispered to Gayoon, but she just shrugged her shoulders. “Something’s up.”

“Oh, I still need to go to the mall. Gayoon-shi, have you seen the list I should buy for Hyuna-shi?” You asked her.

“Are you alright?” Gayoon asked you. You looked at her and nodded.

“Just give me the list and I’ll take my leave.” You glanced at your watch and it was nearly lunch. You started tapping Gayoon’s table. “Gayoon-shi—”

“Yah! What’s up? Is there any problem? You’re scheduled to buy later in the afternoon, the boutiques might not be ready yet with Hyuna-shi’s orders.” She said and you looked down, disappointed.

You walked back to your table looking down, when one of your officemates shouted.

“Aaaaah!” He quickly went to the washroom.

“Clumsy, clumsy. He burnt himself again.” One of your officemates said. You gulped and looked back at Gayoon who was fixing her table when she accidentally hurt herself with the scissors.

Jiyoon quickly aided her.

You can’t help it anymore.

You were actually occupied by the thoughts of how Woohyun is doing at home alone.

“Gayoon-shi, can I take an early lunch?” You played with your fingers. Jiyoon and Gayoon looked at you, surprised.

“Know what, fine. Since Hyunah’s out, it’s perfectly fine with me so you can rest a bit as well. And here,” she took a list, “You can drop by the mall before you come back here.”

“Thank you, thank you!” You squealed and took the list. You quickly ran towards the door to leave.

 

You hurriedly drove back to your apartment. You can already imagine how messy your apartment can be with Woohyun around.

You crept into your apartment only to be surprised with a very peaceful ambiance. You looked around, Woohyun wasn’t there. So you went upstairs to check on him, he was there, sleeping peacefully. You sighed in relief, *at least, nothing bad happened to him*.

A small smile crept on your lips, you were about to fix his hair or just ruffle it when your phone suddenly rang. *Hyunah* You answered it and just went downstairs to avoid waking up Woohyun.

“I still can’t make it today at the office, so I hope everything’s well.” She said, her voice sounded so sad.

“Neh.” You answered.

“If I’ve got time, I’ll try to drop by the office. But please take care of the meetings for me, you know my schedule so please attend them for me.” She said, but before you can even agree, she quickly cut the call.

You sighed, *she’s been acting so weird.* You went to the kitchen and cooked something for Woohyun for lunch.

After cooking, you waited for half an hour for him to wake up, but he seems to be deeply asleep so you just sighed and left a note on the door of the fridge.

You went back to work on the afternoon and attended a meeting for Hyunah.

“_____-shi!” That. Voice.

You slowly turned around and faked a smile, it was L. of course, it’s just that you’re not so comfortable with him yet being on the same company of different department.

“Can I ask you for dinner? Company’s heading out for a dinner, will you come?” He asked with beams on his eyes.

You thought of going home early because of Woohyun. “I would love to, but I’m supposed to head back to the office, I’m sorry, maybe next time!” You said and quickly bowed before him and left.

You dropped by some papers on Hyunah’s office, only to see her back.

“Hyuna-shi!” You exclaimed. She looked up and stress can be seen on the expression of her eyes. “A-are you okay?”

She ignored your questions and asked for the papers, you handed them to her. “How did the meeting go?”

“Everything’s written there… Are you sure you’re okay?” You asked with concern.

“You can leave now. I’ll be out again tomorrow.” She said and quickly stood up after fixing some papers. She was about to leave when you said.

“You know you can always talk to me, I may be your secretary, but I can be a part-time friend.” You said, she stopped walking and looked at you.

“But I’m a full-time worker.” She turned around and continued walking and left the office.

You just shove the thought off.

When you reached your apartment, it was dark. No lights were on. *Is Woohyun out?*

You the lights and knew it right away, *he’s not here*. You looked around and went to the kitchen, but your heart tingled with a little pain. But you just had to smile. *I knew he wasn’t going to eat it, at least I showed my concern*.

You wanted to eat something but you lost your appetite when you saw Woohyun did not even touch the food you cooked for him. You just turned off the lights on the kitchen and went upstairs.

Ha Yeon called that night… because you texted her to.

“What’s up?” She greeted.

“Hmm. Let’s see. Nothing interesting at all.” You lied.

“How are you coping with Woohyun?”

“With who?” You both chuckled. “Kidding. He never changes, same old brat. It’s actually starting to get hard on me. But either way, there’s nothing I can do.”

“You sound so dramatic. I miss you.”

“I miss you too. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, I’m kinda expecting that!” You both laughed.

“How do you get Woohyun a heart? I mean, I know he’s that way. But I’m afraid one day I’ll get tired even before you come back.” You played with your bed sheet.

“At least your parents aren’t back yet.”

“Ha Yeon-ah!”

“Okay, okay. Well Woohyun’s a human too, he has emotions and feelings as well. He might be acting that way, behaving the worst way every day, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a heart. He’s a completely a person.”

“And—? Come on. You’re lame!” You both laughed again.

“He also got heartbroken before.” You fell silent. “Anyway, I’ll catch up on you next time. ____-ah…”

“Neh?”

“Just make him feel loved. Everything will be fine after.” She said, you were too blank to speak and she already bid goodbye to hang up.

“Well, I’m a human with emotions too.” You sighed and just went to sleep, not wanting to wait for Woohyun to arrive home.