[2/3]

Backstage

 

 

Meeting

 

 

 

While singing the new song EXO will be releasing for their comeback, Tell Me What is Love, the brunette maintained his eyes trained on the black haired emcee sitting at the dark corner of the back stage. Surprisingly, he was staring back at Sehun with equal emotionless eyes.

 

Kris who was watching the whole ordeal had his hands snake around Luhan’s waist for comfort, he's sure that the older is suppressing his feelings really hard. Luhan doesn’t want to appear weak in front of Sehun moreover he doesn’t want to flip this evening and create an issue. The cameras are around watching him. The world is watching him

 

Straight face.

 

Cold.

 

Strangers.

 

Act. You are an actor, Luhan, so ing act.

 

The message of the song was sung with great feelings. Kyungsoo hit it perfectly, blending in harmony with Baekhyun and Chen. Luhan misses those moments where he’s up there under the spotlight, singing with the rest of the vocal line, sending secret smiles with his past lover.

 

Every line surprisingly made him uncomfortable. It was as if Sehun is mocking him with every look he gave. The lyrics… it was as if dedicated to him.

 

Luhan whimpers when Sehun glances back at him and smirked. The performance was long finished. The crowd erupted into a deafening cheer. The routine was good, as expected from the agency. They produce top class performers but Luhan knew better. He was so proud of EXO.

 

The giant’s hand around him tightens as he eyes Sehun’s flirty hands around Tao. , he knows Tao has a girlfriend. Heck, he understands it but with Sehun? The pang of jealousy is still there. He couldn’t just forget the pain of their break up because of the maknae.

 

Luhan. Kris unconsciously turned to look at his friend who was frozen on the spot. Sehun draped his hands lower from Tao’s waist and purposely rested it just above his private part. The Chinese maknae didn’t even make a fuss about it because he was busy talking animatedly with Sehun.

 

EXO made their way to their respected seats after some retouch and Luhan continued his work as an emcee. Kris was there, watching Luhan’s sweet smile slowly fades as the night deepens and more acts wows the audience. Kris knows better. One look from Sehun, he’s sure Luhan would crumble down and cry his heart out.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

“Congratulations again, EXO, for winning the award. Ahh, you guys really are the best.” Luhan complimented as they are standing on one stage again.

 

Baekhyun gave him a hug followed by Chanyeol who can’t keep himself to wait for the night to end. They are all excited to bond with Luhan and Kris but with many eyes watching their every move, the others remained on their position and content themselves with just giving Luhan a smile.

 

“We’ll see you backstage, hyung. Don’t leave yet! You’ll treat us food. You’re bigtime now!” Baekhyun playfully hit Luhan’s … an old habit of him.

 

The older chuckled and nodded happily.

 

“See? Someday we’ll stand on one stage again, gege. Maybe next time, we’ll get to perform together too.” Yixing whispered to him.  Luhan remembers his sns message for him. Ah, Yixing will always be Yixing. So positive in life.

 

“Someday, guys. We’ll have Kris too to join us.”

 

The group waved him good bye and motioned the backstage. He stifled a laugh and continued announcing the evening’s award winners. He’s happy that despite of Sehun’s loathe against him, the others still accepts him with open arms.

 

The night ended well. Various artists happily chatted about the evening’s acts and performances. They acknowledged everyone’s talents. EXO greeted their sunbaes and hoobaes as well as some rookies they met along their way back to their waiting area.

 

“Ahh! I want to have an autographed album of Epik High! I even brought my albums with me!” Chanyeol whined. Their manager specifically ordered them to go back straight to their waiting lounge and prepare for their departure. They have tons of works to do because they have already announced their comeback. People are expecting so much from them and practice is very much needed.

 

“Psh, as if I don’t feel the same. I want Tablo sunbae to have a selca with me.” Tao pouted.

 

“Hush guys. Maybe we’ll meet them later. I heard they were booked in the same hotel as we are. We can go ask them in private.” Joonmyeon eased them out.

 

“Let’s go now, guys. I want to catch Luhan hyung. We don’t have his number so the only way we could meet him is to go straight to his dressing room.” Chen announces. The members nodded and hurried their way back to their area. Sehun just rolled an eye and lazily followed his hyungs trail.

 

It took them a few moments to dress casually. They didn’t even bother to remove their make ups and bounces out of the lounge like a hyperactive kid they are. To say they’re excited is an understatement. They terribly miss Luhan and also their duizhang.

 

“I’m sure it’s somewhere around here. The map says it’s around this corner.” Chen muttered under his breath as he scans the floor plan given to them by their coordi noona. After Tao’s aegyo attempt to force the map out of her, she sighed in defeat and handed them the floor plan of every artists lounge.

 

“Give it to me, you have no sense of direction.” Baekhyun tried to snatch the paper from the vocalist’s hand.

 

“No! I should be the one holding this! I also want to find Epik High’s dressing room!” Chanyeol joined in bunch of idiots trying to get a hold of the map.

 

“Kids! Give it to me. I’m the leader so I should be the one holding that!”

 

A ripping sound followed as everyone’s eyes bulges out, except Sehun who don’t give a single to what is happening. The map was torn in pieces. Baekhyun dramatically gaped, Chanyeol laughed like it was something funny, Joonmyeon frowned while Chen snorted.

 

“I told you I should be the one holding it! Now how are we going to find Luhan hyung?!”

 

“You shouldn’t have acted smart. This wouldn’t happen if you just gave it to me without complain!”

 

“I am the leader! I should be the one leading you!”

 

“—guys. I think—“

 

“Shut up Tao, let the hyungs handle this.” And Chanyeol continued arguing with the other three.

 

Minseok sighed and shook his head. Yixing on the other hands tried to stop them. Kyungsoo and Jongin was busy minding their own world with secret kisses and hushed whispers. Tao pouted beside the maknae.

 

“Guys, we already missed Luhan hyung’s dressing room.” Yixing said making them all stop. “That’s his lounge, we happen to pass by it while you are busy bickering.” He pointed at door two blocks away from them with a plate hanging on the door, a bold Chinese character is printed on the plate with a large Lu Han under it.

 

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Joonmyeon frowns deeper.

 

“Well if you weren’t busy cutting me then I would’ve told you about it.” Tao rolled an eye.

 

“Oh well. I guess lets go and greet him.” Baekhyun chirped as if nothing happened. Chanyeol followed. Joonmyeon shrugged and Jongdae beamed.

 

The remaining members sighed dejectedly and followed them.

 

 

 

~

 

 

 

Without knocking, Baekhyun shamelessly twisted the knob and peered inside, opening a crack on the door just to block his bandmate’s view of the inside.

 

“Luuuhan hyungggg—oh. Am I interrupting something?” the members outside looked at the vocalist who still has his head stuck inside the room with his wiggling in the air in curiosity.

 

It was kind of cute, in Chanyeol’s perspective and a bit gross for Jongdae’s liking.

 

“Yah, Byun Baekhyun. Let us through!” the vocalist just countered it with a low ‘shut up and wait’.

 

They heard Luhan chuckle inside. “Ani. We’re just talking here.” Sehun’s brow twitched. We? He’s not alone?

 

“Can I come in?” Baekhyun asked but he’s already inside the room so there’s no point in asking. He didn’t even bother opening the door nor inviting his fellow members. He just walked inside casually, collapsing on the nearby couch as if he owns the place.

 

“Are you with the other members—“ Luhan was about to ask when Chanyeol’s deep voice resonated inside his small dressing room. Good thing his coordi noonas are out to prepare the van and to grab something to eat leaving him alone with Kris. The room can now accommodate all twelve of them.

 

‘”HYUNG!—oh, what is this sweet couple doing in here alone?”  the giant mocked Kris who still has his arms hugging Luhan closer. “Is that news really true hyung? Awwww~ why didn’t you tell me? I should be the first Krishan shipper to ship your boat—ouch.” Joonmyeon pinched his sides and widens his eyes before pointing the maknae through his jutted lips.

 

“Hey guys.” Kris greeted, easing out the growing awkward atmosphere. “Hey, Tao.”

 

“Yo.” The Chinese maknae gave him a swift nod before turning his attention back to his phone, smiling into something as he eagerly taps the screen. Luhan turns to face Kris and tap his hand for comfort.

 

“Luhan. It’s been a long time.” Minseok gave him a warm smile. The actor jumped on his seat and throw himself to the older.

 

“Ahhhhhh!!! Minnieee!!! I missed you so much. You have no idea how my mom’s baozi reminded me of you!” he pouted when he pulled away from the bear hug.

 

“Unfair! Where’s my hug?” Chen whined, opening his arms to Luhan who happily moved to give him a tight embrace.

 

“Yes! Group hug!” Yixing chirped and in second, all ten members gathered around Luhan, suffocating him into a bone cracking hug. Kris stayed on the couch, smiling his happy friend before moving his eyes to Sehun. The younger caught his gaze and gave him a smug smile.

 

Kris scowled. Still a brat, I see. I really have no idea how Luhan can put up to his ing attitude.

 

“Hyung, you promised us a dinner.” Tao said. “I’m a bit hungry, we’re food deprived since this morning.” They weren’t allowed to eat more than a cup of rice to maintain their figure during their performance. Their manager doesn’t want them to appear bloated during the press conference and to avoid them from throwing up if ever.

 

Luhan beamed. “Don’t worry, Kris will pay! You have no idea how much money he earned from his mini album.”

 

“So that’s why you asked me to stay? You little traitor!” the latter scoffed but Luhan coaxed him with a painful puppy eyes followed by Baehyun, Chanyeol, and Chen.

 

“PLEASE. PLEASE.” They begged in unison.

 

“There’s no way you can say no to that, Duizhang.” Joonmyeon joked only to be seconded by Minseok.

 

“Ahh!” he raised his both hands in defeat. “I hate you all.”

 

They all laughed and rushed out of the dressing room. The boy are happily chatting about what food to eat and where to go after.

 

Sehun was the last once to exit the room. Luhan was there to gather his things and leave a note to his manager. Kris was kidnapped by Chanyeol and Baekhyun so he has no one to protect him from the maknae.

 

The Chinese actor gulped down all his nervousness and chanted that everything will be alright. Nothing’s going to happen.

 

He’s wrong.

 

“I didn’t know you were like this, hyung.”

 

Luhan stopped from filling his bag with his things but refused to look up and face Sehun.

 

He doesn’t like the feeling he’s feeling right now. He longed for this moment, yes. He wants to see Sehun again, yes. But the tone the brunette is using towards him, it was like a sharp knife slowly piercing his heart. It was low but painful. This conversation is something he never wanted to have with Sehun, something that if possible, he’ll avoid for the rest of his life.

 

“What are you talking about Sehun-ah.” Good lord, he thanked Him for not stuttering.

 

“I didn’t know you were…like this…” in a split second, strong hands grabbed both of his wrist successfully pinning him to the wall. “… I always thought you were an angel but I guess I assumed. I was wrong.” He muttered in a low ghostly voice.

 

“You’re a . A . A . And I hate the likes of you, do you know that?”

 

Luhan was left alone inside his dressing room, wiping away the tears flowing out of his eyes.


last chapter will be out soon. i was supposed to update last night but the internet connection is off due to the typhoon. 
how about this? comment vote sub? lol. take care everyone.
me wubs you