Chapter 4

Mnemophobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jaehwan's a doctor. That was given already. His mother, Mrs. Lee is a master teacher teaching high school students with English. And his father, Mr. Lee owns one of the most famous PR agencies in Korea, My Rich. All the members of the Lee family are successful in their own careers. Their family was truly gifted and blessed. But not only they are sought-after for how wealthy and lucky they are, and enviable, the Lee family is probably one of the kindest and most humble wealthy families you never knew still existed today. 

During Thursdays and Fridays, both the Lee couple would do volunteer works for the children at the foster homes in the city. They are also one of the biggest benefactors to the home for the aged called Happiness located nearby the hospital that Jaehwan works in. And also, from time to time they offer generous gifts to the church. Truly, they are really kind at heart. And N feels really grateful and lucky to have meet them.

N opens one tired eyes and then the other at the sound of windows being pushed open and blinds being drawn. He rolls to his side and smiles at the sight of Mrs. Lee, smiling sweetly at him.

"Good morning, N dear." She greets softly, approaching his bed and then fixing the strands of bed hair covering his eyes. N didn't say anything in return, only smiling back at her as he just woke up and hasn't brushed his teeth or even rinsed his mouth with water yet. "Jaehwan left early for work. It will just be the two of us, and dad for breakfast today." She says. N nods. "We'll be downstairs, okay? Hurry and wash up. Let's eat breakfast." She added and heads for the door right after. N waves a small goodbye at her before she finally closes the door.

He finally stood up from his bed with a smile on his face as he stretches his arms above his head. "Good morning."

 

 

 

It was exactly one pm when the doorbell rings. N only woke up from a nap after he didn't mean to fall asleep on the couch as he watches some variety show playing on the wide screen television in the living room. That morning after their breakfast, Mr. Lee left to attend to his company and Mrs. Lee left because she has classes to teach. Mrs. Lee already mentioned that Jaehwan left for his work at the hospital, leaving no one at home except for N. There are really no permanent maids in the house. The Lee family only hired for someone who will wash for their clothes every weekend and someone who will cook delicious and tasty meals for them every meal time. So after the cook and the servant leave once they are done with their chores, N was always left alone by himself when the Lee's are busy working. He already tried once before, but he was turned down when he asked the Lee's if he could also look and apply for some job as to do something in return for all the things they keep on giving him. Jaehwan was the one who strongly refused. He said he was helping him, and his family will continue to do so, but N really wanted to be productive to them as well. He cannot just continue receiving anything. He wants to do something for them as well. One of these days, he thought as he looks forward for the day he could open up about looking for a job again.

N wordlessly makes his way to open the door, rubbing the sleep away from his eyes. He opens the door and smiles at the sight of Jaehwan. He opens the door wider and steps aside, letting in the other male. Jaehwan was a little surprised that the tanned male didn't ask why he was out during working hours like how he expected N would. Nevertheless, he walks in anyway.

"It's only one in the afternoon. Why are you home already?" N asks as soon as he closes the door behind him.

"I thought you'd never ask anymore." Jaehwan giggles.

"You're always skipping work, Jaehwan. Do you still even attend to your patients?" N frowns, heading off to the living room first before the young doctor. Jaehwan follows suit after the tanned male, crossing the living room and throwing himself to the couch.

"Of course!" Jaehwan replies back, pouting and arms over his chest. "I just always finish my shift early. And also the hospital needs me more, more than I need them!" The doctor argues childlishly. N slaps the other male's lap none too gently before dropping himself on the couch as well next to Jaehwan.

"If what you are saying is true, then you should be at the hospital right now." N counterbacks. Jaehwan glowers at him but of course it didn't last long knowing the other male. N finally gives up and laughs softly. "Fine. I'll stop from here." He says.

A sheepish grin spreads across Jaehwan's face as he turns toward the tanned male. "Do you want some ice cream?"

"Only if you treat me,"

"Well I always do!" Jaehwan sticks his tongue out and N laughs again.

They went to the nearest convenience store from the Lee Residence which was seven streets away. The Lee's are always on wheels whenever they go outside, so Jaehwan didn't really expect that they would be walking so far just to get to the nearest store they could find. It was the first time that N has really been out of Lee's house and it felt so nice to be out of the neighborhood, and what more with Jaehwan walking alongside him.

They decided to continue roam around since they have never really been through the neighborhood before. Cones of ice cream hand in hand, N was feeling ecstatic as he enjoys the view of people loitering around when he suddenly felt a cold dip into his cheek. It was Jaehwan who just suddenly decided to smear a small amount of his ice cream on the tanned male's cheek.

"Hey!" N yelled. Jaehwan couldn't help but to laugh at N, as the shorter male wipes away the sticky ice cream on his cheek. "You don't play with your food!" N huffs before he was wiping some of his ice cream to where he could reach the young doctor, who already figured out what he was going to do and immediately ran away from him. "That's unfair!" The tanned male complained, pushing himself up from the bench where they was sitting and running after Jaehwan who still keeps on laughing.

"You can't catch me. You're so slow, N!" Jaehwan yells, provoking the shorter male as N makes long strides just to catch him.

"Stop where you are so I can hit you!" N cries. The ice creams on their hands were beginning to melt that it starts staining both of their hands.

The two males continued to chase for each other. Their ice creams were long gone already. Jaehwan was having the time of his life teasing the other male, whilst N obviously wasn't. He continued to run after Jaehwan, until suddenly he stops and drops on the ground, and started to cry as if he was in pain. Jaehwan was alarmed as soon as he saw the tanned male dropped on the ground and he quickly rushes to N, panicking.

"N! N, are you alright?" Jaehwan asks worriedly. "Where does it hurt? N!"

"Gotcha!"

Jaehwan barely registered what happened and before he knew it, N has him pinned down on the ground. N started laughing as he trapped the baffled male underneath him. He didn't let the chance slip by and so he lands a strong flick on Jaehwan's forehead right away before he freed the male who was still out of what had just happened. The tanned male still kept on laughing.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter