Chapter 3

Mnemophobia
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Sundays have always been his favourite. Sundays mean no annoying, stubborn, hot-headed interns. No operating tables. No patients. No work. And more time to spend with N. So every weekend, Jaehwan looks forward every Sunday. Ever since N started living wiht them, he has started looking forward for days that he doesn't need to spend his time working his off.

It was only six-thirty in the morning when he woke up from his bed, and trudges his way to N's room. He was too early for his usual morning schedule. The tanned male was still sleeping soundly and peacefully under his warm comforter when Jaehwan gently pushes the door open and barges into his room. It was times like this that Jaehwan likes watching N fast asleep on his comfortable bed. Jaehwan likes it everytime N wasn't bothered by those dreams that keep haunting him and could sleep silently and comfortably just like this. It upsets him whenever he could not do something for N everytime he was visited by his bad dreams.

N stirs slowly from his sleep and Jaehwan knew he would be waking up soon. He starts drawing the curtains to the side as he kept his eyes focused as N finally flutters his eyes open.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Jaehwan greets, sitting on the edge of the bed after tying the curtains. It was also moments like this when his hair is sticking in all direction and his eyes are droopy from sleep that Jaehwan finds him (N) irresistibly adorable.

"Good morning to you too." N slowly sat up from his bed, greeting back, yawning and smiling at him. "You're ealier than usual." Jaehwan leans closer, and he extended his hand to pull the tanned male's cheeks.

"Because I'm very excited today!" Jaehwan shrieks.

N laughs, rubbing his cheeks feeling them stinging after Jaehwan pulled them harshly. "And where do you plan to take me again today, hm?"

"Secret~" The young doctor winks.

 

 

 

 

 

The sound of thunderous footsteps and high pitched squealing could be heard by the other side of the door already. Jaehwan watches as N stood besides him confusedly, carrying two hands full of grocery bags. Jaehwan grins. Even though he knows already what was about to come, he didn't say anything to N and even laughed when the tanned male jerked in surprise as a group of children burst into the room. Soon the room was crowded with excited children burning in energy, all of them crowding around Jaehwan.

"Hwannie hyung!"

"Kookie!" Jaehwan shouts back, dropping his own bags of grocery on the floor before throwing his arms around the little boy jumping excitedly in front of him. "Taetae, Jiminnie, Eunwoonie, Moonbinnie, Sungyeollie, and Myungsoo- a!" He looks at all the children. With this, the children threw themselves into him, and they all dropped with Jaehwan's back lying flat on the floor. The male couldn't stop laughing and smiling so wide that his face was beginning to hurt. "Look how much you guys have grown!"

The children laughs at him, and Eunwoo was the first to separate himself just to place a sweet mouthful kiss on Jaehwan's cheek. "Eunwoonie missed you so much!" The six-year-old boy cried. Jaehwan's heart swell in appreciation and he sat up, leaning closer to return Eunwoo's kiss fondly.

"And hyung missed you so much too!" He replied back.

"Me too! Me too! Me too!" The other children cried back, each leaning their cheeks to receive kisses from their older brother as well.

"Aigoo, you sweethearts." Suddenly a voice chuckles, interrupting them and Jaehwan whips his head to find a male leaning against the door, watching them.

"Seokjin!" Jaehwan exclaims, waving an excited hand towards the male's direction. Seokjin laughs.

"I was wondering why the boys are all excited today, and couldn't behave. It was because you are visiting."

"I told Namjoon that I will be visiting though." Jaehwan tilts his head.

"Guess that tasteless fool forgot to tell me again." Seokjin shakes his head, finally moving away from the door and approaches the excited group. "Okay, you little goblins. Let Jaehwan hyung go now." He tells the children, but the children strongly refused.

"But we want to play with him more, Jinnie hyung!" Taehyung protested, and a chorus of yeah's and that's right was heard. They all attacked the older male again, hugging Jaehwan tightly. Jaehwan wails dramatically, flailing his legs and arms.

"Help, help! I'm being attacked with wild little beasts!" The young doctor gets into his act. The children squealed and laughed.

"Hwannie hyung is overreacting!" The children yelled. Jaehwan surprises them when he locks them all in his arms and rolled over, pinning them down and trapping them underneath him. The children shrieks.

"I'm going to eat you all!" Jaehwan roars playfully. Seokjin could do nothing but to watch and laugh.

It took a while before the children finally calmed down and Jaehwan was breathless from playing with them, panting as he crawls to pick up his grocery bags on the floor that he had momentarily forgotten as he played with the little boys. He didn't mind it though. It has been a while since the last time he visited, and he really missed the children. They have grown so much already.

"Hwannie hyung?" It was Taehyung again. Jaehwan lifted his head to look at the boy. He found him staring questioningly at N, and Jaehwan snaps in realization. N was with him. He had forgotten that N was with him and he didn't introduce him to the children yet. Jaehwan looks guiltily at N, who was shaking his head at him with a soft chuckle. "Who is he?" Taehyung points at N. The children heard Taehyung, and they started flocking together again after N didn't mean to gather their attention.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter