Chap 8;

The daily life of EXO: Kindergarten brats version

Chap 8

Christmas day, cont.

 

*

 

 

| Party, party, party

 

The day, which everyone is dreaming of, has come; bringing joy and pleasure—the in class celebration day. At noon, all the food has arrived to their place where decorations are hung everywhere in class. It’s pretty messy but is all the efforts from the boys. The Christmas tree is glowing with many colorful lights hanging around it, which is engaging enough to keep the boys intensely look at it once a while.

 

“Bling bling ching-a-ding~” Jongdae sings out a pretty random tune whenever he sees the lights.

 

“Ting-a-ling-a-bling-a-ding~” Minseok joins Jongdae whenever he does so and they would laugh with each other. Despite them, nobody else finds it funny or gets it what and why it’s so funny.

 

“Ok everyone get in a line for me!” Miss Kim demands them before they go crazy over food and push each other. They obediently listen to her demand but there are some pushes here and there over who is first and who is not. “Guys.

 

Seeing her dark and scary face is the last thing they all want to do so everybody tries to be nice and line up.

 

“When I say next, only then you can go. Get it?”

 

“Yes ma’am!!” They shout in unity. Miss Kim nods satisfied. Who would know her teaching skill has been this good? She’s able to tame them into pretty much the well-behaved kids. She wouldn’t go as far saying normal, because that’s just the way they are. And she finds them cute sometimes, so she definitely doesn’t want that trademarks of them to fade away.

 

“Ok Minseok, you can go first.”

 

And the party begins with them eating and goofing around. They sing songs, play some indoor games, eat more food, etc. There are shouts and fights here and there but it’s pretty much an ok day compared to the discussion day, to be honest.

 

Somewhere in her, she is glad that she is their homeroom teacher.

 

| Secret Santa

 

“Ok. Do you guys remember the Secret Santa event we are going to have today?” Miss Kim asks but she already knows they remember. Since they all walk in class with a present with name tags in their hands and give it to her this morning.

 

“Daee~” They reply in harmony. Honestly what happens today? They are so well behaved and cute that she wants to squeeze all of them in her arms.

 

“Ok come up to get your presents. We will decide who give presents to who by drawing out a piece of paper from this cup.” Miss Kim points at the table and instructs them what to do. The 12 kids come up to grab their stuff and draw out a piece of paper from the cup, and then return to their seats.

 

“Now Yifan, don’t just open it like that,” miss Kim sighs at Yifan who immediately opens the paper as soon as he draws it out.

 

“But I don’t wanna have Chanyeol,” Kris discontentedly mumbles.

 

“And why are you saying it out loud. Put it back. We are gonna draw again.”

 

“Aww c’on miss Kim!!” The class yells in disbelief.

 

“Don’t blame me. Blame Yifan over here,” miss Kim glances at Yifan.

 

After decision and argument, they come to conclusion for their Secret Santa.

 

“Ok who wants to go first?”

 

Right after she finishes her question, noise comes from everywhere. The once controlled class now breaks to chaos again. Seems like they are eager receive presents from whoever they just picked.

 

“ME!”

 

“ME!”

 

“ME!”

 

 

And so on.

 

“Quiet!” Miss Kim impatiently half shouts at them causing the ruckus scenery to quiet down a bit. “Let’s start from Luhan.” Miss Kim suggests, pointing her hand at Luhan, who seats at the far left.

 

“Why not from me?” Yifan asks with a nonchalant voice.

 

“Because you’re lazy. It’s better for you to go last.” Miss Kim lets out a sarcastic smile.

 

“Hm. Right.” Yifan shrugs without any protest. Seems like he just wants to ask cause he wants to—which means he doesn’t really think when he says that.

 

“Ok, let’s start with Luhan.” Then she turns to Luhan and asks him to open his paper.

 

Luhan slowly opens his paper, “Chanyeollie~” He is happy when he says that but deep down inside his heart, he feels something strange, as if he shouldn’t draw out Chanyeol’s name. He hates this feeling, but somehow he’s on Kris’ side.

 

“Hehe, you’re lucky.” Chanyeol winks as he gives his gift to Luhan.

 

“Really?” He quickly unwraps his present to see what’s inside. Somehow, his feeling is mixed. Should he be happy? Or should he be dejected? Luhan receives a box full of letters inside. All of them are messily scribbles with some are able to read some are not. There are some which he is able to pull out a bit saying like ‘lucky you to have me—and an unappealingly drawn winky face’, another one is ‘I’m the best—with a smile takes 2/3 of the face’, another one is ‘you’re the best too—with a slightly smile face’, and another one that he can read is ‘but I’m the best—which can be translated as but not as awesome as me’.

 

Luhan forces a smile, “erm… okeee. Thanks.”

 

Chanyeol winks, “no prob.” His face definitely tells that he is super happy with whatever he brings with him today. It’s so bright to the point it starts to become creepy in other people’s eyes.

 

“See? This is why I don’t want Chanyeol,” Yifan yells from his seat.

 

“Ok, moving onnn.” Miss Kim jumps in to distract. “Since Luhan picks you Chanyeol, it’s your turn.” Miss Kim eyes on Chanyeol.

 

“Kay. I have…” Chanyeol opens the small paper as he does his own drum sound to create tensed atmosphere. It, then, cuts off by Yifan, “Wuwu!” Chanyeol screams in excitement.

 

“…” Kris freezes for a moment. Why I talked? Why?

 

“C’on Wuwu, don’t be shy. Gimme gimme.” Chanyeol’s face becomes extra creepy with wider eyes and bigger grin on his face. Yifan hesitantly gives Chanyeol’s his gift. “Aw, thank you!!” Chanyeol purposely says it in a cute way to show his affection.

 

“Stop. It’s scarey…” But Yifan cruelly brushes that off.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t seem to care as his eyes are now too focused on the new gift he just receives a moment ago. It seems heavy so he expects it to be expensive, or at least usable. When Chanyeol opens the gift, he is in awe, as his expectation doesn’t fail him. Inside is a toy car. He is happy at first, but then when he takes a closer look, doubt starts to creep inside him.

 

“Hey, is it second-hand?” Chanyeol squints. Kris kinda startles because he doesn’t expect Chanyeol to notice it that fast. And yes, it is second-hand stuff since there are scratches here and there on the toy car. But hell no he would admit that.

 

“No…” Kris’s eyes slowly drift to the other side, avoids eye contact with Chanyeol. Chanyeol clears his throat, Kris secretively answers, “maybe…?”

 

“It’s ok. I’m fine. It’s cool bro.” Chanyeol cooly shakes it off. And they do a fist bump with each other.

 

“Yeah, cool man.”

 

Since when they become such swaggers??

 

“Anywayyyy, Wufan open yours.” Miss Kim trails them out of their own conversation, again.

 

“I have Chenchen.” Kris says, scanning his eyes around the room to see where Jongdae is.

 

“Here ya go.” Jongdae stands up from the middle seat and gives it to Kris. Kris receives and thanks him. “It’s a cool gift.” Jongdae winks at Kris, which gives the latter goosebump.

 

“No. Stop it,” says Kris with a serious face but Jongdae doesn’t seem to care about it. He just shrugs and sits back down again. As Kris opens up his gift, he is stunned. Completely leaves without words.

 

“What chu get?” asks Tao, sitting next to Kris, is eager to know what thing is inside.

 

“Seriously Chenchen?” Kris looks at him with disgusted eyes. Jongdae just shrugs off.

 

“What? What?” Now the whole room is curious.

 

“He gives me a fake ghost.” Kris holds up the thing inside so that everybody can see.

 

“Really Chenchen?” Everybody asks him at the same time.

 

“Teehee.” Jongdae mischieviously laughs as he uses his fist slightly touches his head, tilts the head to the right to create a cute reaction.

 

“Ok Jongdae, please open yours.” Miss Kim interrupts the two of them before Kris loses his composure and kicks Jongdae.

 

“I have… Sehunnie!” Jongdae exclaims. Sehun flinches a bit when he hears Jongdae’s sudden shriek.

 

“Here ya go.” Sehun carefully gives it to Jongdae, who is four people way from him.

 

“Shank you.” Jongdae winks.

 

Again, what’s up with these brats and winking…?

 

Jongdae joyfully opens his present and is more joyful when he sees a pack of new socks inside. “Ermagawd, thank you Sehunnie.” Jongdae winks again.

 

Seriously, what happened…?

 

Overall Jongdae is happy with his gift since the opened presents up until now are either weird or useless.

 

Sehun opens his paper even before miss Kim points at him, “J-jongin?” Sehun squints his eyes in order to read.

 

“Here ya go.” Jongin tosses his present at Sehun which Sehun fails to catch, and which receives a disagree stare from miss Kim.

 

“Take it back and nicely give it to Sehunnie.”

 

“... fine,” says Jongin in an unsatisfied voice. He dejectedly comes to Sehun, grabs the present from the ground and gives it to Sehun, “here.”

 

“Thank.” Sehun smiles at Jongin.

 

“No prob.” Jongin winks.

 

Again with winks. Seriously, what happened?

 

Sehun unwraps his present to find a CD inside it. He is confused and perplexed. Sehun raises his head when his gaze meets an exhilarated Jongin.

 

“So, what ya think?” Jongin randomly asks.

 

“What?”

 

“The gift.” Jongin jerks up his chin toward his present on Sehun’s lap.

 

“What’s inside, really?” Kris raises his voice, interruping Jongin’s and Sehun’s soon to become awkward conversation.

 

“Oh my dancing inside.” Jongin winks at Kris.

 

There goes the silent moment.

 

“Thank...” Sehun is too baffled to say anything and he needs time to re-think all this situation and gains back his IQ. Seriously, hanging out with these guys have dropped his IQ down in a lowest possible place ever.

 

“Okaaay, shall we move on? Jongin it’s your turn.” Miss Kim nervously changes the topic since these gifts are getting weirder with time.

 

“Baconnnn~~” Jongin blurts out.

 

“Can you not? Don’t copy Chanyeol.” Baekhyun cutely waddles to Jongin’s place.

 

“kekeke.” Jongin just laughs as he receives his present, “bacon in here right?”

 

“No...” Baekhyun glares at Jongin while he goes back to his place. But then Baekhyun smirks.

 

Jongin keeps laughing since he finds his own joke funny. However, he soon feels crushed as he finds out what’s in the box. Baekhyun’s smirk now turns into a creepy-Chanyeol-like’s grin, “so? You like it?”

 

Inside is a framed picture of Baekhyun wearing shades with a TV remote control on his hands, motion a shooting position.

 

“What is this?” Jongin asks in disbelieve. Out of all the peeps, why did he pick Baekhyun? Jongin cries inside with horror.

 

“A picture of me, of course.” Baekhyun says without blinking. “You can see me everyday now.”

 

“Not a thing I want to,” Jongin glares. “Open yours.”

 

“Come out Baozi.” Baekhyun looks at Minseok and motions with his finger to tell Minseok to come over.

 

“Hey, be nice to your friends!” Miss Kim, who stands in the background, couldn’t resist but to call out.

 

“I am,” says winky Baekhyun.

 

OMG STOP WINKING WHY YA PEOPLE??

 

Miss Kim feels like she grows by ten years older by today. She can feel the color of gray invading her black, nice hair.

 

Baekhyun accepts Minseok’s hands and quickly opens it. “OMG it’s a scarf! Thanks.”

 

Finally, another normal kid...

 

It’s Baozi’s turn and he gets Luhan—his bestfriend. Of course that would make our lil’ bun happy. Plus, Luhan is a considerate boy, Minseok is sure Luhan’s gift is different from Chanyeol, Jongdae, Jongin, Baekhyun or even Kris. Luhan gives to Minseok with a sweet smile and a ‘Merry Christmas’ from Luhan. Luhan’s gift is blue earmuffs—see, a rational personal object.

 

Miss Kim sheds tears as she sees another nice and cute gift from the class member, as expected of Luhan. So cute.

 

“Ok since Luhan’s already opened his. How about we start with you?” Miss Kim searchs her eyes around the room and points at Tao.

 

“I have Junmyeon,” says Tao in a rather not-happy-voice.

 

“Why are you like that?” Junmyeon pouts.

 

“You are boring. So your present is boring too,” Tao says, though he still accepts the box from Junmyeon’s hands. Even though he says that, he cannot hide his excitment to see what’s in there. And he feels unhappy again, “see. You are really boring.” He raises a picture book out from he box.

 

“Ok ok guys, let’s be nice to each other ok??” Miss Kim claps her hands to pull their attention to her. “Junmyeon, you go now.”

 

Junmyeon’s secret Santa is the forever sleepy Yixing. And since all Yixing thinks about is sleeping, of course his present will be something related to sleep—a... pink sleep mask.

 

“Why pink?” Junmyeon asks.

 

“I like it. It’s cute.” Yixing yawns before he answers.

 

Dot. Dot. Dot.

 

An awkward silence again returns to the classroom.

 

“How about you Yixing? Who do you get?” Miss Kim quickly laughs it off as she tells Yixing to open his.

 

“Kyungsoo,” he mutters.

 

Kyungsoo is another mindful member in the class. That statement is not wrong when Yixing reveals gloves from the box. They are handmade cotton grey gloves, which is thick enough to put one’s hands warm.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t reply, he just nods.

 

“So it’s only Tao’s left right? Tao give your present to Kyungsoo,” miss Kim utters.

 

Tao’s beautifully wrapped box with teddy bear as texture contains a white paper with his signature on it. Well not really a signature, since he just clusmily writes his name on it.

 

“Why?” Kyungsoo’s wide eyes are now widely opened in shock. While the other have a pretty good laugh when they see the present and Kyungsoo’s expression.

 

“I am a teacher in Kungfu (translate: I will become a Kungfu master). So I give you this (translate: so I offer you my signature).” Tao points as the paper. Kyungsoo just looks at Tao, then at the paper, dumbfound.

 

Miss Kim applaudes, “we’re done! Guys have fun on your own ok?”

 

As soon as she finishes her sentence, she walks out of the room, crying while texting to miss Moon: PLEASE COMEBACK FASTER. I BEG YOU!!! T T

 

End chap 8.


so yep, another chapter that was supposed to be posted on christmas day but things happened.

and omg guys, it's my 4th year in aff. which means ive been in the fanfic comm for 4 years (or more)

i rmb my first day stumble on a soeul fanfic kkk. now look at me, writing one. my writing is not that good, but i enjoy writing my ideas and imagination. so i hope you guys enjoy this fic too

andd i created for myself a ljjj if you want we can communicate thereee [o] kkkkkk