A Surprise Visit

Right Beside You

Hyoyeon has a late class when she saw Yuri.

“You still have a class?” Hyoyeon asks.

“Aniyo. I am just too lazy to go home.” Yuri said.

Yuri lives alone in an apartment because her family lives in Jeju.

“Ah…” Hyoyeon said.

Then, they saw Donghae’s group.

“Do you know that girl?” Yuri asks.

“Aniyo. I just saw her with Donghae.” Hyoyeon said.

“Her name is Victoria. She’s my classmate in Physics along with Donghae. Those two are super close that they look like a couple. I don’t know if I should tell this to Yoona.” Yuri said.

“But maybe you just misinterpret something. Like me, I am close with Geun Suk that sometimes others thought that we are a couple.” Hyoyeon said. ‘Just like how Hamham thought of us.’

‘Hamham’ is a smart student in the university that every time she saw Geun Suk and Hyoyeon together, she has this look that suspicious. They call her Hamham because of her teeth at the front are big like a hamster.

“I don’t know, Hyo. Donghae is a playboy.” Yuri said.

“Well, just observe them for a while. I’m going now.” Hyoyeon said.

“Ne. Bye-bye.” Yuri said.

 ……………………………………..

Geun Suk and Yoona went to Sunny’s pool party.

“Welcome to my… P.A.R.T.Y. PARTY!!!” Sunny said.

“Are our friends already here?” Geun Suk asks.

“Soyou isn’t still here. She’s probably late.” Sunny said. “Enjoy my P.A.R.T.Y. PARTY!!!”

Yoona is trying hard not to laugh.

Sunny left them.

“She’s kinda different from the Sunny I met in the Amusement Park.” Yoona said.

“She is just super hyper because it’s her birthday.” Geun Suk said. “Let’s go grab something to eat.

“Ne.” Yoona said.

During the party, Yoona met Geun Suk’s friends.

“Yah… Soyou, why are you late?” Sunny asks to the girl who newly arrived.

“Mianhae. I got stuck in the traffic.” Soyou said. “Geun Suk!”

Soyou hugs Geun Suk tightly.

“Soyou, I’d like you to meet Yoona.” Geun Suk said.

“Ah! The two-timer girl.” Soyou said.

Sunny and Geun Suk were shocked.

“It wasn’t her. That’s Sooyoung.” Sunny said.

“Isn’t she also a two-timer girl? She has a boyfriend in the school.” Soyou said.

“Soyou, are you hungry? We still have foods left.” Sunny said and pulls Soyou away.

“I’m not done talking to them.” Soyou said when they got away.

“Yah… Geun Suk told us not to mention it to Yoona since it is their secret. Why did you said that to her?” Sunny said.

Soyou gasped. “Oh my… I totally forgotten about it. Anyway, what’s wrong with that? It is the truth.”

“But Geun Suk told us to keep it a secret.” Sunny said.

“Yoona doesn’t stupid. Do you think she will believe that Geun Suk really keep it a secret? He’s a guy and he is close to us. It is normal to us to tell secrets. I’m sure even Hyoyeon knows about it.” Soyou said.

“Still, you shouldn’t open it up. I’m sure those two will have a lover’s quarrel.” Sunny said.

……………………………………..

“Gwenchana?” Geun Suk asks Yoona when Sunny and Soyou left.

“I wanna go home.” Yoona said and left the pool. She took a shower and changes her clothes.

Geun Suk is already prepared and waiting for her.

They said goodbye to Sunny.

Sunny didn’t bother to stop them.

“Leave me alone. I can go home alone.” Yoona said. They are waiting for the bus.

“It’s already late.” Geun Suk said. “Are you mad?”

“How can’t I?” Yoona asks. “It is our secret but you revealed it to them.”

“Mianhae. They are my best friends. It is normal for us to reveal our secrets.” Geun Suk said.

“How many best friends do you have? I feel like all Sunny’s visitors are your best friends.” Yoona said.

“Best friends and friends are different.” Geun Suk said. “Our secrets are safe to them.”

“I don’t know what to think.” Yoona said. “Just leave me alone for now.”

The bus came and Yoona get on the bus.

Geun Suk didn’t bother to follow her.

Geun Suk went back to Sunny’s party.

“I thought you and Yoona are going home.” Sunny said.

“Thanks to Soyou that Yoona is mad.” Geun Suk said.

“Eh? Are you mad at me?” Soyou asks.

“Why did you tell her our secret?” Geun Suk asks.

“Are you blaming me?” Soyou said.

“It’s your fault. Yoona is mad at me because she thought I broke my promise.” Geun Suk said.

“Wait a minute.” Soyou said. “Jang Geun Suk, this isn’t the first time that something happened like this, right? And every time this kind of thing happens, you are on our side but now you’re blaming me because of that secret? Does your girlfriend thinks that you can hide the secret forever? Sooner or later her boyfriend will find out about your relationship and I don’t know what happens to you.”

“I told you the secret because I know I can trust you but now I regret trusting you.” Geun Suk said.

“Geun Suk, don’t say that. We’re best friends since high school.” Sunny said.

“Ne. We’re best friends since high school and you know me well.” Geun Suk said.

“Yeah. We know you too well. We know you that even though you love your girlfriend, you’ll always choose us but things are different now because of that Yoona.” Soyou said. “Geun Suk, always remember that when the time comes that Yoona needs to choose between you and her boyfriend, don’t be surprise if she choose him over you.”

“And don’t be surprise if the police will caught you because of your job.” Geun Suk said and left.

“Yah! Jang Geun Suk!” Sunny called him.

Sunny sighed.

“Why do you need to fight in my party?” Sunny said.

……………………………………..

Yoona is still in the bad mood even it is already Monday. Geun Suk texted her but she ignores it.

As soon as she gets inside the building, she went straight to the rest room. She saw Hyoyeon there retouching her makeup.

“Good morning.” Hyoyeon greets.

“Good morning.” Yoona said.

Then, Yoona remembers something. She checks all the cubicles if someone is there and when she checks that there’s none she asks Hyoyeon.

“Hyo, be honest with me. Did Geun Suk told you something about us?” Yoona asks.

“What do you mean? All I know that dongsaeng likes you.” Hyoyeon said.

“Well, Geun Suk is my boyfriend. Do you know about it?” Yoona asks.

“For the record, Geun Suk never told me about it but I am not stupid not to know it. I just choose to keep quiet because I know that your boyfriend is Donghae and I respect my dongsaeng’s decision.” Hyoyeon said.

“Are you sure?” Yoona asks.

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said. “Is there something wrong? Geun Suk asked me about you yesterday but since yesterday is Sunday, I don’t talk with any of my friends since it is a family day.”

“It’s nothing.” Yoona said.

“Forcing people to tell the truth is not my style so I won’t gonna force you.” Hyoyeon said.

Yoona hugs her.

“Oh Hyo! I wish you’re like some other people out there.” Yoona said.

Hyoyeon doesn’t know what’s going on but she’s pretty sure that the two had a fight.

……………………………………..

The professors had a meeting that day so everyone has a free time.

Yoona, Hyoyeon and Yuri are hanging out at the corner of corridor taking pictures.

Donghae approached them.

“We’re going to eat. Wanna come?” Donghae asks Yoona.

“Aniyo. I’m fine.” Yoona said.

“Ok.” Donghae said and left.

After Donghae and his group gone, a girl enters the building like she is looking for someone.

“Oh shoot! That’s Jessica.” Yoona said.

“Jessica?” Hyoyeon asks.

Yoona can’t say to them that Jessica is Donghae’s girlfriend.

Yoona went to the restroom.

“Where is she going?” Yuri asks.

“I don’t know.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon thinks that the girl who arrived is Donghae’s girlfriend.

……………………………………..

Meanwhile, Yoona called Donghae.

“Ne?”

“Jessica is here.”

“What?”

“Jessica is here. I saw her entering the building.”

“Oh shoot!”

“What are you going to do?”

“Can you do me a favor? Can you move her out of the building?”

“What? Why me?”

“No one knows about her as my girlfriend. If someone finds out that she’s my girlfriend, everyone will find out that I am a two-timer.”

Yoona felt somehow disappointed. It seems that Donghae only cares about himself.

“Can you do it?”

“Araso.”

“Gomaweoh!”

Yoona sighed. She doesn’t know if she’s doing the right thing. She is still thinking how she can approach Jessica when Jessica appeared.

Jessica is retouching her makeup while Yoona is watching her through the reflection.

“Are you a new student?” Yoona asks.

“Uhmm… No. Actually, I came here to surprise my boyfriend but I can’t see him.” Jessica said.

“Maybe I can help you.” Yoona said.

“Really? Well, maybe you know him. His name is Lee Donghae.” Jessica said.

“Ah… I know him. He’s quite famous here.” Yoona said.

“Well, he told me that.” Jessica said. “Can you take me where he is?”

“Actually, I saw him went out with his friends. I can take you with him.” Yoona said.

“Really? Thank you so much!” Jessica said.

Yoona and Jessica left the restroom.

They walk passed the corner of the corridor where she left Yuri and Hyoyeon but two are not there anymore which a good thing is because she doesn’t want to explain to them who Jessica is.

……………………………………..

Yoona brought Jessica to the street where no students hang out.

“Wait here and I’ll call him.” Yoona said.

She is about to leave her when she saw Geun Suk with Hyoyeon.

“Mumu?” Yoona unknowingly said.

“Mianhae. I shouldn’t have said it to my friends. Will you forgive me, hon?” Geun Suk asks.

Yoona doesn’t know how to react because Jessica and Hyoyeon are also there.

‘But Hyoyeon knew that Geun Suk is my boyfriend while Jessica doesn’t have any idea who am I.’

“Araso. You’re forgiven.” Yoona said. “But will you wait for me at the mall? I just need to do something.”

“Ok.” Geun Suk said. “Hyo, are you coming?”

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said.

Hyoyeon and Geun Suk left while Yoona get Donghae.

After a while, she came back to Jessica with Donghae.

“Sica, what are you doing here?” Donghae asks.

Jessica hugs him.

“Did I surprise you?” Jessica asks.

“Very.” Donghae said.

Jessica looks at Yoona.

“Thank you for helping me… What’s your name?” Jessica asks.

“Yoona. Im Yoona.” Yoona said.

“Thank you, Yoona.” Jessica said.

“Well, I’d better go now.” Yoona said and left.