The Ending

Right Beside You

Sunny is on her lazy mode day when she got a visitor.

“Oh? Geun Suk?” Sunny said when she opens the door.

Geun Suk suddenly hugs her.

“Come in.” Sunny said.

Sunny gave Geun Suk a can of beer.

“Did she broke up with you?” Sunny asks.

“You know me very well.” Geun Suk said.

“This is the first time I saw how you really love your girlfriend. Choi Sooyoung, Park Shin Hye, IU, I never saw you broken hearted like that.” Sunny said. “So, what happened?”

“Donghae found out our relationship and he let her choose and she chose him.” Geun Suk said. “I’m stupid, right?”

“Falling in love isn’t stupid.” Sunny said.

“I’m stupid for going in the relationship that isn’t stable.” Geun Suk said.

Sunny knew Geun Suk is trying to smile but she knew her best friend is hurt, deeply hurt.

Sunny hugs Geun Suk. “I’m your best friend, you can cry.” Sunny said.

Geun Suk cries.

That’s the only thing that he can do in front of Sunny not in front of the others.

He and Sunny are best friends since high school. They’ve been together for good times and bullying times.

He knew Sunny very well and Sunny knew him very well so every time he has problems, Sunny is the first person he will go to.

……………………………………..

Yoona is locking herself on her bedroom. She feels hurt after breaking up with Geun Suk. She can still remember what she said.

When Geun Suk came, he smiles like he saw the most beautiful thing in the world.

“Is it ok for us to see?” Geun Suk asks.

Yoona nodded.

“Where do you want to go?” Geun Suk asks.

“Let’s just stay here.” Yoona said.

The two watch the people passing by.

“Mumu, gomaweoh for being always on my side. You support every decision I made. I’m lucky to have you.” Yoona said.

“Master, stop that. I have a feeling that you’re leaving me.” Geun Suk said.

Yoona look at his eyes.

“Let’s break up.” Yoona said.

Geun Suk became serious.

“He has something to do with this, right?” he asks.

“Donghae made me choose and I chose him.” She said.

“How long are you going to be his 2nd choice? You know that his other girlfriend is his 1st choice.” He said.

“I love him.” She said.

Geun Suk deeply sighed. “Fine. But we can still be friends, right?”

“Ne.” she said.

“If ever something happened, I will always be here.” He said.

Yoona cried after remembering it. “Why are you such a nice guy?” Yoona said.

……………………………………..

Jessica has one more day before going back to province. She’s waiting for Donghae at the mall when Sooyoung came.

“Hi! Do you mind if I sit here?” Sooyoung asks.

“No. Of course.” Jessica said.

Sooyoung sat next to her and starts looking at Yoona’s facebook’s pictures.

“Hey… I know that girl. That’s Yoona.” Jessica said.

“You know her too?” Sooyoung asks.

“Ne.” Jessica said.

“Then, you must know her boyfriend.” Sooyoung said.

“No. Actually, I only saw him once. His name is Geun Suk, I think?” Jessica said.

“Geun Suk isn’t her boyfriend- oh wait! Geun Suk isn’t her only boyfriend, there are two.” Sooyoung said. “And the other guy name is… Lee Donghae.”

……………………………………..

“I’m just going to see Jessica then tomorrow let’s go on a date.” Donghae said to Yoona.

The two are walking towards the exit of the school building.

On the corner, Yuri and Hyoyeon are watching them.

“I suddenly miss my boyfriend.” Yuri said.

“Lucky that you are missing someone. What about me? Single lady.” Hyoyeon said.

Then, Hyoyeon saw someone entering the building.

“Oh shoot! This is not good.” Hyoyeon said.

Jessica enters the building and saw Donghae and Yoona together.

“Why you !” Jessica angrily said and slaps Yoona.

Yoona was shocked.

“Sica, stop it.” Donghae said trying to stop her.

“You ! You aren’t contented to your other boyfriend that you made my boyfriend your boyfriend, too?!” Jessica shouts.

Hyoyeon and Yuri are at Yoona’s back while Jessica is holding by Donghae.

“Hey! If your boyfriend is loyal to you, he wouldn’t make our friend his girlfriend.” Yuri said.

“If she is not a , she wouldn’t accept Donghae!” Jessica shouts.

“Stop it!” Donghae shouts. “Bring Yoona away for now.”

Yuri and Hyoyeon left the school with Yoona.

……………………………………..

Geun Suk is watching some SNSD’s videos when Hyoyeon called.

“Ne, noona?”

“Jessica made a scene in the school. She found out that Yoona is Donghae’s other girlfriend.”

“What? How did she knows?”

“I don’t know.”

“How’s Yoona?”

“We are at the Karaoke Bar. Dongsaeng, I don’t want to accuse someone but there is only one person I can think of that knows your secrets too.”

“Choi Sooyoung.”

……………………………………..

Geun Suk went to the Karaoke Bar where Hyoyeon, Yoona and Yuri are.

As soon as he arrived, Yoona hugs him.

“Gwenchana?” Geun Suk asks. “I’m right here. Everything will be just fine.”

“I should have chosen you.” Yoona said between her cries.

Hyoyeon and Yuri go out of the Karaoke bar.

“Poor, Yoona.” Yuri said.

“But going in a relationship where she knew that the guy is in a relationship with other girl is stupid.” Hyoyeon said.

“But that is love.” Yuri said.

“Yeah… I agree with that. I also is stupid it comes to love. I let the guy I love gone and now I am the one who suffers right now. He’s happy now with his new love.” Hyoyeon said.

“But you have Jaejoong and Junho.” Yuri said.

“Ha! Those two? They are ignoring me these past few days so my crush to them are gone.” Hyoyeon said. “I am just going to focus to my Hero Jaejoong from now on.”

“Find a real guy not a guy that he doesn’t know that you are even exist.” Yuri said.

“I guess my ideal type of guy is really high.” Hyoyeon said.

“You’ll never find a guy with that. Don’t use your ideal type of guy in finding a guy.” Yuri said.

“I know.” Hyoyeon said. “Wanna grab something to eat?”

“Sure. This happenings makes me hungry.” Yuri said.

The two went to McDonalds. While they are thinking what to eat, Hyoyeon saw Sooyoung.

“Yuri, that’s Sooyoung. Geun Suk’s ex-girlfriend. I have a feeling that she’s the one who told Jessica about Yoona and Donghae.” Hyoyeon said.

“What made you think that?” Yuri asks.

“She’s been here and trying to get back Geun Suk even though she’s the one who cheated.” Hyoyeon said.

“Why are their relationships so complicated?” Yuri asks.

“I don’t know Yoona but Geun Suk’s past girlfriends had always becomes possessive towards him.” Hyoyeon said.

“Let’s talk to her?” Yuri asks.

“Let’s follow her.” Hyoyeon suggested.

Forgetting that they are hungry, they followed Sooyoung.

Sooyoung went to another restaurant and meets a guy.

“A handsome guy.” Yuri said.

“I wonder who he is.” Hyoyeon said.

They watch the two from the outside of the restaurant.

“Oh no… They hold each other hands.” Yuri said.

“Maybe he’s Sooyoung’s boyfriend.” Hyoyeon said.

“The one that you’re talking about?” Yuri asks.

“I’ll take a picture and send it to Geun Suk.” Hyoyeon said.

“No need. Let’s revenge our friends now.” Yuri said.

Hyoyeon didn’t understand what is Yuri meant but she followed her inside the restaurant.

“Hello! Sorry to disturb you.” Yuri said to the couple.

“Who are you?” Sooyoung asks.

“I’m Kwon Yuri. Jang Geun Suk and Im Yoona’s friend.” Yuri said.

Sooyoung felt nervous.

“I’m sorry but we don’t know your friends.” Siwon said.

“Of course you don’t know but your girlfriend knew them.” Yuri said. “She’s been pestering their relationship so the two break up.”

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Sooyoung lied.

Hyoyeon came to help.

“Don’t you ever wonder why your girlfriend is here in the city? She’s here because she wants Geun Suk back but since Geun Suk got a new girlfriend, she’s pestering them.” Hyoyeon said. “She even accused me that I am my best friend’s girlfriend.”

“I don’t get it. I don’t even know this Jang Geun Suk.” Siwon said.

“You already met him once but Sooyoung didn’t introduced him to you.” Hyoyeon said.

Sooyoung stands up.

“I’ve had enough. You are just liars.” Sooyoung said.

“You’re the one who is a liar. You ruined them.” Yuri said.

“They won’t be ruined if Im Yoona doesn’t have two relationship at once.” Sooyoung said.

“Yoona broke up with Geun Suk because she chose Donghae but you didn’t stop, you told Jessica about their relationship and now Geun Suk and Yoona are together right now.” Yuri said.

“What?!” Sooyoung said.

“Sooyoung, what is the meaning of this?” Siwon asks.

“Isn’t it obvious? Your girlfriend is busy ruining someone’s relationship while in fact she has a relationship on her own.” Hyoyeon said. “And for your information, while Sooyoung dating you, she’s dating my best friend too but my best friend found it out and broke up with her.”

Siwon grabs Sooyoung’s arm. “Let’s talk.” Siwon said.

The couple left.

“Victory!” Yuri and Hyoyeon said.

……………………………………..

Meanwhile at the Karaoke Bar…

Yoona stops crying. She is calm now.

“You need to choose now.” Geun Suk said.

Yoona deeply sighed.

“You’re right.” Yoona said. “You know what, Mumu? For the first time in my life, I regretted my decision of letting you go. If only I could turn back the time, I will choose you over him.”

“It is not too late. All you need to do is to let go of him.” Geun Suk said.

“But it will take time to heal my broken heart.” Yoona said.

“And I am willing to wait for your time.” Geun Suk said.

“When I saw Jessica coming with anger on her face, I knew she doesn’t want someone to share to Donghae. Well, all the girls are like that. I guess I should probably let them go for her happiness.” Yoona said.

“When are you going to talk to him?” Geun Suk asks.

“Today. Jessica is leaving tomorrow. I want to clear everything from us.” Yoona said.

“Do you want me to go with you?” Geun Suk asks.

“You can wait for me somewhere near.” Yoona said.

“Ok.” Geun Suk said.

……………………………………..

Donghae and Jessica meet Yoona at the restaurant.

Jessica is glaring at Yoona but she is afraid to make a scene on a public place.

“First, I want to apologize to Jessica. I’m sorry for what I have done.” Yoona said.

“You must be.” Jessica said.

“Sica…” Donghae said.

“Second, I want to thank Donghae for loving me.” Yoona said. “I’ve been happy with our relationship.”

“Me too and I’m sorry for hurting you.” Donghae said.

“Lastly, I want to end our relationship.” Yoona said.

“What?” Donghae asks.

“I want you and Jessica to be happy from now on. I am moving out of your life. I hope that you two will have a last long relationship.” Yoona said.

“Yoona…” Donghae said.

Yoona smiled. “I should have done this before. Goodbye.”

Yoona walks away and went to Geun Suk.

“How do you feel?” Geun Suk asks.

“It hurts but I did well.” Yoona said.

“Let’s go?” Geun Suk asks.

“Mumu, I want to go away for a while.” Yoona said.

“Until when?” Geun Suk asks.

“I don’t know but will you wait for me?” Yoona asks.

“I will.” Geun Suk said.

Yoona hugs him. “Gomaweoh, Mumu.”

“I’ll wait for my Master to come back.” Geun Suk said.

……………………………………..

After 4 years…

Everyone has their own lives.

Yuri worked at a call center company and now living with her boyfriend.

Sunny got promoted as the manager of the fast food restaurant she’s working.

Taeyeon got promoted and now working at the office of the mall.

Seohyun who loves studying is still studying in a different major.

Hyoyeon who was single is still single because she can’t stop falling in love with Korean artists and lately she’s into Japanese Artists and Thai Artists, but she is working at a government agency.

No one knows what happened to Sooyoung.

Donghae and Jessica didn’t end up together because while he is in a relationship with Jessica, he is also found a new girlfriend at school and that is Victoria. He ended up breaking up with Jessica.

Jaejoong went back to America after graduating.

Junho, no one knows what happened to him.

Geun Suk is now working at a company. Although he had some few girlfriends, he still love his master.

Yoona is working now too. Sometimes, if she has a time, she meets Yuri or Hyoyeon.

“Hey!”

“Hi, Hyo! What’s up?”

“Geun Suk and I are going to meet at the mall. Wanna join?”

“Oh I love that.”

“Alright! See you on Saturday. Don’t be late. Be there at 1.”

“Ne.” Yoona said.

She miss Geun Suk so much and she thinks it is about time.

……………………………………..

At the mall…

Hyoyeon and Geun Suk are waiting at Yoona to arrive.

“Late again.” Hyoyeon said.

“She doesn’t change at all.” Geun Suk said.

“Here she comes.” Hyoyeon said. “And she’s wearing black same as us.”

“Miahae, I’m late.” Yoona said.

“Who are you?” Geun Suk is fooling around.

“And who are you too? I’m here for Hyo not you.” Yoona said. She is pulling Hyoyeon’s arm.

Geun Suk pulls Hyoyeon’s another arm.

“Yah! She’s my noona.” Geun Suk said back to be a little brat.

If there is one thing that Hyoyeon misses, is that their stupidity.

“No! Hyo is mine!” Yoona said.

“No! Noona is mine!” Geun Suk said.

Hyoyeon is just laughing.

“You two cut it out.” Hyoyeon said.

Both of them released her arms.

“Don’t you two need to talk? Don’t mind me. If you’re done talking, you can just meet me at the KPOP store.” Hyoyeon said and left them.

Geun Suk and Yoona sat.

“So, how are you?” Geun Suk asks.

“Doing great.” Yoona said. “Did you wait for me?”

“Ne.” Geun Suk said.

“But you had some few girlfriends.” Yoona said.

“I did but they are not serious.” Geun Suk said. “I’m still waiting for you.”

“Then, you can stop waiting now.” Yoona said.

Geun Suk looks at her.

Yoona stares at his eyes.

“Let’s start a new relationship.” Yoona said.

“No other boyfriends?” Geun Suk asks.

“None.” Yoona said. “No ex-girlfriends?”

“None.” Geun Suk said.

The two both smiled.

“Let’s go see Hyo?” Yoona asks.

“Nah… She can be all by herself.” Geun Suk said.

“Hey! I heard you.” Hyoyeon said who is hiding at the back of them.

“Noona, you didn’t leave?” Geun Suk asks.

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said. “Congratulations to the both of you. Finally, I can stop thinking how can I hang you on top of the building because right now you are not stupid because of love.”

“You really think that?” Yoona asks.

“Ne.” Hyoyeon said.

“I’m hungry. Let’s eat.” Geun Suk said.

“And now my role today is chaperone.” Hyoyeon said.

The three start to walk. They put Hyoyeon in the middle and they start pulling her arms again.

 

THE END

 

 


Author’s Note:

So, this is the ending and it is a happy ending. Although this story is inspired from my best friend’s love story, lots of them are different because it’s been years and I already forgotten some of the details so I made up some of them until the ending.

And the sad news is the two didn’t end up together but we are still friends. The girl, which is my friend too, is now pregnant and I don’t even meet her boyfriend since we are all busy. While my dongsaeng, he is happy with his girlfriend now and also I haven’t met the girl because they are too busy.

And also, for some quick trivia, my dongsaeng isn’t a “HE”, it is actually a “SHE” but a tomboy. There are really times that people thought that we are on a relationship but we just laughed about it. My dongsaeng chose the characters. She loves Yoona and thanks to me that she became a KPOP fan because of that. She also likes Jang Geun Suk in “You’re My Pet” so that’s where the “Momo” and “Master” came up. They actually called themselves that.

Anyway, I hope you like the ending and I’m sorry for some wrong grammar. And also, I ended it in a hurry because I am working right now with my Thai fanfic and Seventeen-AKB48 fanfic and also I have an exam this October so I need to put that on top of my priority.

Thank you for reading my story. Bye-bye!