First Meeting

Commencement

Sungjong, being the first to arrive at the airport, had to sit and wait for the rest of his roommates to get there. He found out that one one coming from China, one from Japan, two from Korea and two from America. The guy from China would be getting there in about three hours, while the ones from Korea will be there in five and the one from Japan in seven. After they arrive, they have to wait for three more hours for the guy from New York to come. The last guy, the one from California will be there in thirteen hours.

“Why do I have to be a stupid airport for thirteen hours?” Sungjong groaned, kicking the seat next to him as hard as he could. “This is ridiculous. Stupid Tablo hyung! I hate you so much! How am I supposed to know what the other guys look like? What if the guy from China can’t even FIND me?! What am I supposed to do then?! Should I just wait by his gate?”

He stood up and walked around in circles before sitting down again. He looked around and saw a guy with an empty board and a marker. Sungjong suddenly got an idea and jumped up, running over to the guy. He bowed repeatedly, causing the guy to stare weirdly at him. Coughing, Sungjong straightened up again and held out his hand.

“Can I please borrow your marker and use your extra board? I have to meet up with some people I’ve never met before and so I don’t know what they look like, and they don’t know what I look like. I want to make a sign so they can find me,” Sungjong asked him.

“Yeah, that’s fine,” the guy said with a small smile.

Sungjong cheered and picked up the marker and board. He then plopped down on the floor and started writing in his fanciest, biggest handwriting he could muster. He wrote the words ‘Friends of Tablo hyungs and my roommates, welcome’ before capping the marker and giving it back. He then picked up his poster and his bags and rushed over to where he would meet the guy from China. Once he got there, he sat down on a chair and fell asleep.

A loud murmur of voices awoke Sungjong a few hours later. Sungjong quickly jumped up with the sign, seeing people coming out of the gates. None so far looked Korean, but he could definitely point out some Chinese people. After a few moments of waiting, a very tall guy who definitely looked Korean came strolling out with the biggest smile on his face. He immediately saw Sungjong and ran over to him.

“You’re my roommate?!” the boy asked, excitedly.

“Neh, I am,” Sungjong replied, nodding his head. “I’m Lee Sungjong... Or rather Steven Lee.”

“It’s nice to meet you, I’m Lee Sungyeol!” the boy cried. “Well, actually Samuel Lee, but you know!”

“It’s nice to meet you,” Sungjong said, nodding his head. “You seem happy to be here.”

“Oh I am! My life was hell back in China. I was so ready to get out,” Sungyeol said as they both sat down.

“Really? That’s the complete opposite for me. I LOVED my life back in Paris, but then Tablo hyung had to change everything,” Sungjong said, sadly. “I love Tablo hyung and everything he’s done for me, but I just really didn’t want to leave.”

“I get that,” Sungyeol replied, nodding his head. “Well, let’s make our life here even better and have great memories, okay? You’ll be my new best friend, right Sungjongie?”

“Sure,” Sungjong said with a small laugh. “That would be nice.”

“When will the others be here?” Sungyeol asked, bouncing in his seat. “I want to meet the others sooooo badly!”

“Well, the two coming from Korea will be here next. They’ll be here in two hours,” Sungjong told him.

“Cool! So they’ll be on the same plane, but they won’t even realize it?” Sungyeol asked.

“I have a feeling they met before they got on the plane,” Sungjong said, shaking his head.

“Oh, I see,” Sungyeol replied, nodding his head in understanding.

“Hey, are you hungry?” Sungjong suddenly asked. “Let’s go get something to eat, just so we don’t have to wait too long. Eating will help the time go by faster.”

“I agree!” Sungyeol cried,nodding his head. “Let’s go eat!”

Sungjong laughed and followed after the tall boy, dragging his luggage behind him. He was finally starting to cheer up, thanks to Sungyeol. Maybe coming here wasn’t such a bad thing. Maybe we wouldn’t be as stressed. Maybe these boys will be a good thing for him.

The two continued talking for quite a while and getting to know each other. Sungjong told Sungyeol how Tablo helped his family with financial issues. Sungyeol in turn told Sungjong about how Tablo paid for his college. Sungjong couldn't believe how close their situations were. It was funny how much you could find out in such a little time.

"We should get our roommates gifts," Sungyeol suggested as they waited.

"Gifts? Like what?" Sungjong asked, staring at the boy.

"Like t-shirts!" Sungyeol cried. "There is a gift shop! Let's get them t-shirts!"

"But we don't know their shirt sizes," Sungjong stated, frowning.

“Well, that doesn’t matter, we can just-”

“Wait! Sungyeol, it’s 3:15! That means the others are here! They got here fifteen minutes ago!” Sungjong cried in disbelief. “We were supposed to greet them! Now how are we supposed to find them?”

Sungjong then started to run off to go meet up with their new roommates, no idea where he would find them. Sungyeol ran after him, thoughts about the t-shirts leaving him. He was way too excited about meeting his roommates. Now all he wanted to do was find them. So he followed Sungjong.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

“Where in the world are they?” Woohyun asked, looking around. “I thought they said two of our roommates would be here already. No one’s over here.”

“I have no idea, but I really need to go to the restroom,” Hoya replied, starting to walk away.

“Hey! Don’t leave me!” Woohyun cried, running after him and following him to the bathroom. “Don’t ever leave me alone, okay?”

“I won’t leave you alone,” Hoya said, letting a small laugh. “Can you not be left alone or something then?”

“That’s exactly it,” Woohyun replied, grinning at him.

Hoya just shook his head as they continued on to the bathroom. Luckily the bathroom wasn’t crowded at all, so they were able to go inside with no trouble. Woohyun went straight to the mirror, fixing his hair. He then sighed and looked around, finally processing that he was in a foreign country. Away from everything he’s ever known for the first time ever.

Woohyun’s smile suddenly dropped to a frown as he thought about his older brother. He didn’t like the fact that he had to leave Boohyun behind. He missed his brother more than anything, and it’s only been a few hours. Everything changed so suddenly, and he didn’t like change. Change was his worst enemy.

“Hey, are you alright?” a voice asked as Hoya suddenly appeared right behind him.

“Y-yeah,” Woohyun replied, frantically wiping the tears that suddenly started falling. “S-sorry, I was thinking about my brother..”

“You had to leave your brother behind too, huh?” Hoya asked with a sad smile.

“You have a brother?” Woohyun asked, turning on him.

“Yep. A little brother that came from Thailand. His name is Bam Bam,” Hoya said, nodding his head.

“Ah, my brother’s older than me,” Woohyun said with a soft smile. “He’s my birth brother, but the two of us are orphans. HIs name is Boohyun.”

“What happened to your parents?” Hoya asked, frowning at his roommate.

“No idea,” Woohyun replied, shrugging his shoulders. “C’mon, let’s go see if we can find our other roommates.”

Woohyun walked out of the bathroom, scanning the place for any Korean guys that might be lingering around the airport. The airport, unlike the bathroom, was completely packed. They had no idea how they would be able to find someone they never met in this mess. They agreed that they should go down and get their bags. Maybe they would meet their roommates there.

“Wait, is that guy carrying a sign that says ‘roommate’ on it?” Hoya asked. “That definitely looks Korean. He looks Korean.”

“Could he be one of our guys?” Woohyun asked him.

“Let’s see,” Hoya said, before standing on a chair and calling out “hey you!”

The boy with the sign suddenly turned around, probably recognizing the Korean. He saw Hoya standing on the chair, waving at him. The boy’s face broke out in a huge smile as he came running over to him. A taller boy came up right behind him, shouting something about leaving him behind. Woohyun watched the two with obvious curiosity.

“You’re here for Tablo hyung, right?” the boy with the sign asked.

“Yes we are,” Hoya replied. “Are you our roommates then?”

“Yes we are,” the boy said, nodding his head. “I’m Lee Sungjong... Or Steven I guess.”

“And I’m Lee Sungyeol... Samuel,” the tall boy said, bowing politely to the other two.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Lee Howon, but call me Hoya,” Hoya told him. “Or I guess in public you need to call me Harry..”

“Like Harry Potter?” the boy named Sungyeol asked with a wide grin.

“Yeah, sure, like Harry Potter,” Hoya said with a small laugh. “And this is..”

“I’m Nam Woohyun,” Woohyun told them. “But I guess here I’m Wayne.”

“It’s nice to meet both of you,” Sungjong said. “Sorry we were late. Sungyeol here wanted to explore the whole airport and we lost track of time.”

“It’s okay,” Woohyun said, waving him off. “So what do we do now? How many people are we waiting on?”

“Three more,” Sungjong replied. “One is coming from Japan and two are coming from America.”

“This will be quite a fun wait,” Woohyun said with a sigh. “I’m hungry.”

“Sungjongie has been here for way longer than any of us,” Sungyeol stated, ignoring Woohyun’s hunger statement.

“Oh well. I’m gonna go eat, and then maybe sleep,” Woohyun said, before walking away.

...

“Sorry I’m so late! My plane was delayed in Colorado due to a heavy snow storm!” Sunggyu cried as he rushed over to the group that was waiting for him. About half of them were asleep.

“I haven’t been here too long,” one of the guys sitting there said with a bright smile. “I got here about four hours ago, I believe. The others have been here for much much younger.”

“Yeah, this kid here has been here for almost fourteen hours or so,” another guy said with a sigh. “He’s been here since one in the morning.”

“He looks exhausted,” Sunggyu replied, staring worriedly at the poor boy.

“He’s been running all over trying to make sure we meet everyone at the right gates,” the guy replied. “I’m Hoya, by the way. The one sleeping on like five chairs or so is Woohyun. He and I both are from Korea. The one with the headphones in is Myungsoo. The one sleeping next to this kid is Sungyeol. This kid is Sungjong.”

“And I’m Dongwoo,” the other guy introduced.

“It’s nice to meet you guys,” Sunggyu said with a smile. “Should we wake them up? We should find our new home, I guess.”

“Yeah,” Hoya agreed, nodding his head. “We need to catch a taxi or two.”

“I’m gonna guess two,” Sunggyu said, eyeing everyone. “We have a lot of stuff between the eight of us.”

“I think we’ll have to go shopping too,” Dongwoo added. “This isn’t enough stuff to live with.”

“That’s so true,” Sunggyu agreed, going to wake up the other boys.”I guess we should get going.”

 

A/N I'm sooooooooo so so so so so so so so so so so sorry it took me forever to update this! Here's chapter three! Thank you so much for your patience!! Merry Christmas everyone!!! <3